PDA

View Full Version : Girl name help

snipsnsnails
March 4th, 2014, 07:32 PM
I thought this would be the easier part but still finalizing my little girls name.
What are thoughts on these names?
1. Makayla Ann ( I always liked Kayla and we would probably call her Kayla when she is little but like the idea of a longer name then shorten to Kayla.)
2. Kayla Ann(just skip the longer version)
3. Madyson Ann
4. Alexis

That's all I got so far, since I figured her name would be Makayla or Kayla, but found a few others.

Thanks for your opinions!

SamS_TTCPink
March 4th, 2014, 07:49 PM
I love Makayla Ann. That was going to be our 5th child's name if it was a girl. Instead we have a Mitchell. :)

nuthinbutpink
March 4th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Everyone will spell Madyson Madison. I'm not a fan of "alternative" spellings. It will never be right for her on any form, etc.

Alexis is not a favorite of mine either. The others are nice!

Jany1025
March 4th, 2014, 08:12 PM
I totally agree with NBP! I feel strongly about this as my Best friend since high school well she named her second daughter Megan -but not this spelling a whole different way and no one gets it right in fact she is 17 years old and I still don't know without having to look it up. She hates it, she has told her mother she wants to change her name! It can be rather annoying as you can imagine!

I myself like names with only ONE way to spell..I have a long last name and my whole life I have had to spell it out...Funny I thought I had names picked out if I ever had a DD and ended up not using any that I had in mind, all of a sudden they did not seem to fit right..After I saw the heartbeat I felt secure and looked a girl name list and Samantha was the only name that I kept going back to... I like Alexis in fact I almost named DD Samantha Alexis then changed it to my name because after all that I have put my body through to get her she better have my name lol!

GreaseMonkey
March 4th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Makayla Ann gets my vote too :)

snipsnsnails
March 4th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks ladies! There are so many cute girls names. I understand the whole Madison thing too!
I like Addison, Madeline, Ava, Lillian. I think my boys names were so much easier for some reason!

SamS_TTCPink
March 4th, 2014, 09:04 PM
..After I saw the heartbeat I felt secure and looked a girl name list and Samantha was the only name that I kept going back to... I like Alexis in fact I almost named DD Samantha Alexis then changed it to my name because after all that I have put my body through to get her she better have my name lol!

Samantha is a good name (it's my name) ;)

Abifasc
March 4th, 2014, 09:23 PM
I like Kayla or Alexis. I'm not a fan of ann, I just feel it's very plain sounding, but that's my opinion. My sister is Kayla joy :)

aidansmum
March 4th, 2014, 10:15 PM
I like Makayla Ann best of the first group and totally LOVE Madeline! Can't call my lo that though, DH doesn't like it :/

Petal
March 5th, 2014, 04:19 AM
I like Madison :-) Maddi :-) x

dreaminginblue
March 5th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Just to weigh in on the alternative spelling. We went with Kara rather than Cara and we have birthday cards with it spelt the 'C' and I wish we'd spelt it that way.
I would go with Kayla tbh. Noone will refer to her as Makayla except when in trouble or at school or both and in my experience the named kids hate it.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Good luck! I found naming my daughter SO difficult - which was weird because I had named her mentally, 1,698,234,453,479 times.

Don't feel in a rush to pick anything, mine was like 12 hours old before she had a name! I was so glad I waited because we ended up with a name I really felt was ideal and I hadn't even thought of it till the night before!

Little Lunasa
March 5th, 2014, 01:15 PM
I like Ava best :)

Jany1025
March 5th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Thanks ladies! There are so many cute girls names. I understand the whole Madison thing too!
I like Addison, Madeline, Ava, Lillian. I think my boys names were so much easier for some reason!

These are nice! You have good names in mind!

Ava I do like though where I live it is very popular so much that in my son's class they are broken down my last name, Ava B., Ava F. etcc.. my son has a huge crush on Ava F. lol!

Ava, I would rather do Lily than Lillian, Kayla, Addison and Madison is nice I like the nickname Maddy..