PDA

View Full Version : What do you ladies think... is it getting darker?

WantingPink
March 6th, 2014, 02:27 PM
So long story short I had a DD here last Aug (that's right Aug 2013) and a couple of days ago got a surprise BFP. After a roller coaster of emotions I am hoping this BPF progression looks good and I think it is getting darker??

I think it is getting darker or doubling like it should?? I believe the first day (3/2) is 10/11 DPO. The first photo are all from FMU, the second photo from last night (3/5 pm) is showing how dark it is compared to a dollar store test. Any thoughts? My last progression seemed to get darker faster but then again I wasn't nearly as worried and an overall head case!! Please be honest... I am going to be stalking this thread for your comments!!

maidentomother
March 6th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Definitely getting darker by the day! I bet the progression would be even more obvious with better tests, like FRERs. What brand are those blue strips? Do you know the miu/l sensitivity?

WantingPink
March 6th, 2014, 03:30 PM
These are just the cheap internet tests on early-pregnancy-tests.com that were like 80 cents a piece. The sensitivity on these is 20 mIU. I am kind of disappointed with these because the line seems a little uneven. I ordered some last pregnancy from the same site and they were 10mIU and they seemed a lot better and more even. I might have to do a FRER tomorrow. I guess you get what you pay for. I voice in my head wants me to test constantly once a get a BFP so I would go broke doing FRER:)

maidentomother
March 6th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Oh, I wouldn't waste the money (or plastic) on FRERs, either. I just wanted to make sure you knew that cheap tests aren't great for showing progression. I bet your pregnancy is stronger than it seems, based on what I've heard about recent tests from EPT. :)

Congrats, btw! :D

Abifasc
March 6th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Getting darker! Congrats!

WantingPink
March 6th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Interesting... what did you hear or what have you read? I do think these are way weaker than the tests I had about 2 years ago. These seem about as good as the dollar store tests and the tests I had a year ago showed positive before FRER. I do have one more FRER from back then so I think I will use it tomorrow to compare.

This was the picture from a year ago

Mulberry Smurf
March 6th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Congratulations :) xx

aidansmum
March 6th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Definitely darker! Good sign! Congrats on your pregnancy.

maidentomother
March 7th, 2014, 06:53 AM
They seem to be much weaker/less sensitive than they used to be, taking longer to show a line. So for example, your 10DPO line SHOULD look like your 12 or 13DPO looks, darker and clearer than it actually is. I have not used them personally but my friends had these issues just last week with recently purchased tests.

WantingPink
March 7th, 2014, 01:48 PM
So there is a IC 10mIU, and IC 20mIU, and a FRER all from today. With as dark as the FRER is I am thinking I am 18-19 DPO now. The good news that it does look like the HCG is doubling. Bad news is I am a little farther along that I thought and I had a couple of glasses of wine at about 11/12 DPO :worry:

maidentomother
March 8th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Beautiful! I would NOT worry about the wine at that point...I actually think moderate wine consumption is probably okay at any point in pregnancy.

WantingPink
March 12th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Just FYI I took a CBE digital with week estimator and it turned 3+ today!! So happy and I think those things might actually work. I estimated that I was 5 weeks today. Not sure they will work for everyone but they have made me feel much better about the beginning of this PG!!

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Huge congrats!

HopeandDreamG
March 15th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Congrats. My boys are 16 months apart. It is the most beautiful relationship you could imagine.

3girlsnwaiting
March 15th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Congratulations!

WantingPink
March 15th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Congrats. My boys are 16 months apart. It is the most beautiful relationship you could imagine.

I have been a little scared to have two together this close. My DH and his brother were 15 months apart (like these two will be) and it has caused a lot of problems with them as they got a little older. It is good to hear that your kids get a long well!!

o18e
March 15th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Congratulations! My boys are 17 months apart and they are the best of friends. :)