PDA

View Full Version : Water retention and Bloating

fiveboysandagirl
March 8th, 2014, 05:11 AM
I wanted to ask about your experience with water retention and bloating? With all my previous pregnancies I had swollen feet and hands in the last trimester. This time I am only 6 weeks along and I noticed my fingers were puffy from the time my period was due. My tummy is bloated already. My friend noticed last night that even my face looks a bit puffy already. Of course I have no idea what this baby is. I can't imagine it being a girl after all my boys, but this early bloating is definitely a new symptom for me.

How about everyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I would talk to a doctor just to be on the safe side.

I have been all over the map with swelling in my pregnancies, I did have some with DD but more towards the end.

missmegrn
March 11th, 2014, 04:23 PM
This is something that should be brought up to your doctor asap. Swelling this early can be common and harmless but it can also mean other problems like hypertension or kidney problems. I didn't swell until my last trimester with both of my girls and some of that was due to working 12 hour shift and on my feel all day. Keep us posted.

fiveboysandagirl
March 11th, 2014, 05:23 PM
I went for a blood test today so we'll see. BP is normal. X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2014, 04:14 PM
hope everything came back ok!!

fiveboysandagirl
March 19th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Hi. No abnormal results apparently. Thanks for asking. I still have a fat belly for 8 weeks! Maybe it's twins!

mommyof9dreamingpurple
July 23rd, 2014, 01:41 AM
I seem to be very bloated ab andd dealing with swelling in feet face and hands as well. Only 4 or 5 weeks. Go in for blood work tomorrow. Hoping it's a girly sign as my boys was so sick lost weight no swelling till the end lol. Gaining quick and swelling quick! Girl can only dream lol

atomic sagebrush
July 26th, 2014, 03:01 PM
anyone who is experiencing swelling and bloating, DO NOT sit around obsessing over symptoms and your baby's gender, IMMEDIATELY call your doctor's office or even go to the ER if you are experiencing headache, vision changes, etc. It is NOT NORMAL and needs to be checked out right away.