PDA

View Full Version : Update: 11w3d Too early to tell?

Kat
March 10th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Sorry for making a new thread..I don't know how to update the other one. So I went back for a scan at 12w3d...she did the NT scan measurements. She started the scan on my abdomen, but then asked to switch to vaginal. The picture was a lot more clear. Baby was not shy at all and was very wiggly. She spent a long time scanning the genital area and told me she was "over 90%" sure it is a girl. I never posted the scan pictures because she did not get any nub shots. She doesn't use the nub theory at all, only potty shots. Since the forum seems to rely only on the "angle of the dangle" nub shots, I didn't bother to post. Today she called with my Harmony results and thankfully baby seems to be healthy and no problems. She also confirmed it is definitely a girl. I am going to go ahead and post the potty shots she gave me from 12w3d for anyone who is interested in looking. I did not sway and baby was conceived naturally.

GreaseMonkey
March 10th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Congratulations :)

Kat
March 10th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Thanks! :)

JEWELLE11
March 10th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Congrats!

Rosie85
March 10th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Could you please fill out a pink sway in the stats anyway?? It helps us learn what people are doing naturally that may have helped them get their girls!

sbowman
March 10th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Very interesting that she was able to tell by a potty shot at that gestation. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kat
March 11th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Thanks ladies. Happy to fill out a sway post, Rosie. Best of luck to you all and hope you get your DG and of course healthy little babes. :)

bunnywabbit
March 11th, 2014, 06:45 AM
I thought potty shots weren't any good until around 14 weeks as at this stage as there's nothing to see from this shot at this gestation; it shows better from nub. I really do hope this is your girl x

Mulberry Smurf
March 11th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Congratulations that does look very girly :) xx

Kat
March 11th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Thanks ladies :) As I said in my post Bunny, that is why I didn't post when I got them, but when the gender was confirmed by the blood test I thought maybe some would be interested. When she was doing the scan she kept moving it so the view went from the bottom up toward her abdomen from the potty shot position, if that makes any sense. There are a few sites that show the external sex organ developement and you can clearly see that by 11 weeks the labioscrotal folds are well on there way to being fused. I believe it is that fusing that causes the nub to start rising. So by 12-13 weeks you can sometimes see the scrotum (my dr. said she was looking for a scrotum.) I am guessing it all comes down to cooperation from the baby, the type of machine, and most importantly skill of the person doing the scan. She did say it wasn't 100% of course, and to wait a few days for the blood test to come back before I told anyone, but she was very confident. Anyhow, just thought my experience might be useful to some. :)