PDA

View Full Version : ACV

gizmo77
June 20th, 2011, 03:48 PM
is there a limit on how long to drink acv? like af-o or can we drink it always? and should we stop after confirmed O or confirmed BFP?

DoulaMama
June 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I'm not 100% sure in regards to swaying but ACV is VERY good for you and I have a TBLSP of it whenever I feel like I'm getting a UTI and have a yeast infection...so I would say you could have it for as long as you wanted:) AS will know!!

begonia
June 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not 100% sure in regards to swaying but ACV is VERY good for you and I have a TBLSP of it whenever I feel like I'm getting a UTI and have a yeast infection...so I would say you could have it for as long as you wanted:) AS will know!!

I was going to say the exact same thing! It is safe in moderate quantities (like a TBS a day) anytime; loads of people (including DH's grandparents) take it every day. But I wouldn't go with a swaying quantity for months on end.

FWIW I did 2TBS, 2x a day AF-O for my sway. But I put it in juice not water.

lindi
June 20th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I was going to ask this exact question somewhere about ACV during pregnancy- the good kind is unpasteurized, and that would indicate a pregnancy no-no, but vinegar itself is an anti-fungal, anti-bacterial anti-viral, so really the chance of it harboring some dangerous something seems so remote.
Its very good for you and seems like such a great health food for pregnancy esp considering heartburn, etc which it is also a remedy for... atomic?

gizmo77
June 22nd, 2011, 04:58 PM
anyone know if youre to drink it with meals or before after...??? whats the most effective?

begonia
June 22nd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Gizmo I would *think* it wouldn't matter so long as you took it right around the same time, whether before, after, or during. I've been typically taking mine after, b/c in my mind, if your body starts digesting your food first then it is already primed to keep on breaking down the vitamins that follow the meal. I could be totally, completely off base though :think:

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2011, 11:21 AM
ACV is safe during pg as long as you use the pasteurized kind.

I think it's best to take it after eating because it can upset your stomach when taken on an empty stomach.