PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using The Secret?

tweedledeedum
June 20th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I just read The Secret for the first time and I am planning to use The Secret to help have a girl (along with swaying). I figure it can't hurt! Anyone else?

swish
June 20th, 2011, 04:24 PM
What is it?

zanacal
June 20th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I've no idea what it is either!

Zivic-Bubac
June 20th, 2011, 04:47 PM
The Secret is ultimately popular book (and movie made upon the book, I guess you could find it on youtube or torrent) and it is about the power of subconsciousness. Nothing is impossible if you believe. Ask. Believe. Receive. etc....

I strongly recommend it :happy: You can check their official site to see what it's about.

There is also an excellent movie "What The @#$% Do We Know" in which many scientists and philosophers are sharing their thoughts and facts about mystery that surrounds us. It is basically the power of subconsciousness but from the point of view of quantum physics.

There was similar thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?3349-Subconscious-mind&highlight=bleep
It's told in a way that everybody ( I mean including me lol) can easily understand.

Check it, it is so positive and full of love and in the way I understand it it is, in its core, a hymn to our Creator.

ThreeLittleCritters
June 20th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I just posted on the other thread (oops... didn't realize it was a bit older), but I'm having a hard time with the belief part of it. Any tips for newbie? I just finished reading The Secret last week. :)

tweedledeedum
June 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM
I just posted on the other thread (oops... didn't realize it was a bit older), but I'm having a hard time with the belief part of it. Any tips for newbie? I just finished reading The Secret last week. :)

You know, that is the hardest part for me too. The rational pragmatic part of my brain just has trouble with it.. especially knowing that I may be setting myself up for disappointment. I am trying to overcome it and just believe it will happen.

happyheart
June 21st, 2011, 10:51 AM
I watched the movie way back when it was being talked about on TV so much. What can it hurt??? To me it's just a positive way to look at things. I have taken some time, when it's quiet and visualize things like being pregnant with a little girl and how I feel and how excited I am to hear the words "it's a girl". From what I remember is about visualizing and feeling like this IS happening and not going to happen... right??? I am pregnant with a little girl kind of thing....It's been awhile since I have seen the movie... but I feel like what can it hurt?! :)

Out of the Blue
June 21st, 2011, 11:53 AM
The Secret is ultimately popular book (and movie made upon the book, I guess you could find it on youtube or torrent) and it is about the power of subconsciousness. Nothing is impossible if you believe. Ask. Believe. Receive. etc....

I strongly recommend it :happy: You can check their official site to see what it's about.

There is also an excellent movie "What The @#$% Do We Know" in which many scientists and philosophers are sharing their thoughts and facts about mystery that surrounds us. It is basically the power of subconsciousness but from the point of view of quantum physics.

There was similar thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?3349-Subconscious-mind&highlight=bleep
It's told in a way that everybody ( I mean including me lol) can easily understand.

Check it, it is so positive and full of love and in the way I understand it it is, in its core, a hymn to our Creator.

Thx, Zivic!!! Didn't know about that movie...I love studying quantum physics!

myGirl
February 20th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I'm bumping this up to see if there are any current swayers using "The Secret." I have been using The Secret for the past month or so, and I am really getting into it. I have to say, when I searched for a thread about it, I was so pleased to find that tweedlededum and happyheart both were using it... and we now know they are PG with their baby girls!

Anyone else?

Cailinalainn
February 20th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Me! I'm using it. And it has already worked for me in so many other ways - got me my dream job, got us out of debt, got us childcare from nowhere and a million other little things. I'm a big believer. Go for it... :bfinfant:

myGirl
February 20th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Me! I'm using it. And it has already worked for me in so many other ways - got me my dream job, got us out of debt, got us childcare from nowhere and a million other little things. I'm a big believer. Go for it... :bfinfant:

Woot! I used it once when I wanted to lose weight and it DID work!! I am starting to buy some baby things for my DD-to-be, and I'm making a scrapbook for her. I am doing my best to act as if she's on her way

Cinss
February 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I watched the Secret movie years ago when it first came out. Basically what i got from it was that your thoughts get sent out into the universe and the equal opposite reaction was these thoughts manifesting in your life. Good or bad, you get what you wish for.

I definatly believe in the power of positive thinking. When DP and i started talking about having a child together, i desperatly wanted a DD, and seeing as he had 2 DDs from a previous relationship i really did believe i would get one, and my thoughts were consumed with "my daughter, my girl, has to be" turned out that i got what i believed i would.

Now that we both really want our next child to be a boy i am really trying very hard to believe it will be so, it is a little harder this time and i constantly have to shut off my mind when it starts doubting. I believe you do attract your fears because you are constantly sending out the negative thoughts, only to have them manifest in your life.