PDA

View Full Version : Bcp and cycling

Tiny Dancer
June 20th, 2011, 11:59 PM
I am currently on bcp and hoping to cycle in September or October. Should I stay on bcp or go off of it for awhile before the cycle starts? Also, if you advise stopping the bcp how far in advance of the cycle?

mybluepilot
June 21st, 2011, 05:07 AM
I have the same question but with having a paraguard IUD in , also cycling in september or October ??

Sorry Tinydancer for hijacking your post!! Just thought it's almost the same question. Best of luck on your upcoming cycle:)

mis2ninos
June 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
great question, I would like to know the answer to this as well...

Dr. Potter
July 8th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I am currently on bcp and hoping to cycle in September or October. Should I stay on bcp or go off of it for awhile before the cycle starts? Also, if you advise stopping the bcp how far in advance of the cycle?As long as you are cycling off of it each month to bleed, I would stay on it.

Dr. Potter
July 8th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I have the same question but with having a paraguard IUD in , also cycling in september or October ??

Sorry Tinydancer for hijacking your post!! Just thought it's almost the same question. Best of luck on your upcoming cycle:)

With a paraguard, I would remove it 3 or 4 months prior to cycling.

bows&ribbons
July 28th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Do you think that taking bcp for 28 days or so right before cycling would suppress one's ovaries or affect the quality or quantity of eggs retrieved? Thanks!

Dr. Potter
September 16th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Do you think that taking bcp for 28 days or so right before cycling would suppress one's ovaries or affect the quality or quantity of eggs retrieved? Thanks!Not in most cases. I would suggest that you try to minimize the amount of time on birth control pills though. Ideally I would like to see patients on about 14 days of BCP prior to cycle start.