PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tcc when their partner has Crohns? Meds supposedly interfere with male fertility?

Ally Day
March 15th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Hey y'all, we have been ttc since November 2013 (one chemical pregnancy occurred in November), but haven't been successful. I am ovulating according to temps, and we dtd every other day if not more, so of course I investigated some reasons we are not successful. My fiancé has Crohns disease, but a rare form in which he mostly just gets painful inflammation flare ups about once a month now. He has been on and off medications such as pentasa, sulfasalazine, and prednisone. Not only to they decrease sex drive and performance, but I read that they can cause decreased sperm count and abnormal morphology. Anyone else know anymore about this??

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I know there's at least one gal on here whose hubby had Crohns - bumping for more responses!

My advice is that you are actually DTD TOO much - I would reduce frequency to more like every 2 days and then 3 additional attempts at pos OPK or you can use the SMEP found here Sperm Meets Egg Plan (http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm)

Ally Day
March 16th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Thank you, I have read that and it makes sense..I will look over that plan!