PDA

View Full Version : Sac too big?

TTCaPRINCE
March 16th, 2014, 12:56 AM
OK so this might be a realllly ridiculous question but we had our elective 3D ultrasound of our little man on Thursday. I didn't really think to much about this while we were there because I was so focused on his cute face and being over joyed that he was in fact 100% all boy. Now that I am home and looking at his pictures .. are his nuts too big? Like should I be concerned? DH is patting himself on the back but I am a little concerned .. I know when little boys are born their sacs are very large and swollen ... is that what I am seeing here? Or does my son have abnormally large balls?! So sorry if this is a really stupid question but this is my first boy and vagina's are just so much easier.

SamS_TTCPink
March 16th, 2014, 02:51 AM
With our 5th and 6th sons they did seem to have big boy bits too! Especially when the ultrasound lady took a close up pic just to prove to me they were boys (cause with the twins I used to ask her to check double every ultrasound to make sure they hadn't gotten it wrong, which was weekly cause they were high risk)

I'm sure it's all ok. :)

Kittybear
March 16th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Don't worry even if he is born with swollen bits; it's very common. My sons were not but my nephews were and they went down over a few weeks after birth xxx

maidentomother
March 16th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Totally normal, as others have said! That pic looks quite average to me, too. What gestation is that ultrasound?

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2014, 11:17 AM
if there were anything amiss the tech would have caught it. The only things that techs do miss are things that are too subtle for laymen to catch off a grainy ultrasound pic.