PDA

View Full Version : Mommy's that have had both genders....

TexasMommy
June 21st, 2011, 08:24 AM
Were the pregnancies different from when you carried your son(s) as to when you carried your daughter(s)?

When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I had morning sickness from weeks 5-13 & it was AWFUL. I craved sweets & fruits. I gained weight all over with her & got huge.

With my second daughter I had all day sickness off & on for 9 months! I craved sweets & sour stuff. I carried her right out in front & my belly was watermelon shaped.

Now so far with this pregnancy it has been TOTALLY different from my other 2...I crave salty things, i had MAJOR fatigue in the 1st trimester that i didnt have with the first two, As for sickness, in the beginning i was just nauseous a lot & i only threw up a small handful of times, it was mostly just nausea. Im almost 15wks & my belly has already shot out, & it has a basketball shape. I feel really good with this pregnancy & didnt feel too great with my daughters.

So im just curious did any of the mommy's here have different pregnancies when they carried boys vs girls?

1pinkwish
June 24th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I tried to reply to this the other day and it must have ate my reply.

My first 2 pregnancies were more alike than not. I got nauseous, but never threw up. I stayed hungry all the time. No heartburn. Very anemic. Failed the 1 hr GTT, and then barely passed the 3 hr. Gained 40 lbs first time, and 50 lbs second time. Low/front bellies.

Third pregnancy was very different from the first two. I had m/s pretty bad. I was throwing up at least once a day almost the whole pregnancy. I had food aversion to just about EVERYTHING. I was only able to eat fresh fruits and veggies and drink water. I was slightly anemic. Passed the 1 hr GTT by 1 point. Had heartburn for the first time in my life in the last few weeks of the pregnancy. I had SCH and placenta previa in this pregnancy, and then he stayed breech until 38 wks as well. I gained 35 lbs with him. Low/front belly.

Last pregnancy was even different still. VERY BAD m/s!!! I was throwing up at least 5 times a day, and I was on Zofran. That did stop at around 20 wks though. I had heartburn even before I got my first BFP! And it stayed the whole pregnancy, and go really bad at the end. I had bad constipation issues, even before taking the zofran. I only had one real food aversion, and that was chicken. I just wasn't able to keep anything down in that first half. I craved chocolate all the time though. I passed the 1 hr GTT by 30 points! Was barely anemic. Gained 25 lbs. VERY LOW belly, all in front.

I don't know how much any of that had to do with gender, but the one symptom I did get in my only girl pregnancy that really made me think that it really might be a girl that time was that I was EXTREMELY irritable!! LOL But, hubby said that if he had to be sick like that every day for that long, he'd probably have been pretty mean too! LOL