PDA

View Full Version : Dr P, do you have any plans to offer a 2-cycle shared risk plan for patients under 35?

miss_ickle
June 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Dr P,

I am 32 and have 2 boys. I'm in the process of deciding between your clinic and another which offers a 2-cycle shared risk plan for my cycle in April 2012. The shared risk part is really important to me, but as I am an international patient (UK) and for financial reasons, I don't think it will be possible for us to plan for three cycles,and I am scared of walking away with a huge amount of debt and no baby (which I know is a possibility)!! Would you consider introducing a 2-cycle plan with a shared risk element for eligible patients? I think it would be popular with us internationals.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!:happy:

Bambina
June 21st, 2011, 09:08 PM
I actually saw a brochure at HRC Pasadena a few days ago offering a shared risk plan, but I'm not sure how many it includes.

miss_ickle
June 23rd, 2011, 03:52 PM
Hi Jaybz,

Thanks for your thoughts....I think it's only 3 cycles. I really don't think I will be able to do that many...:(

xxx

CajunChic
June 23rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
I had my consult yesterday and they offered a 2 and 3 cycle shared risk plan.

miss_ickle
June 24th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Really??? They told me no shared risk for 2-cycles, only the usual 2-cycle package (with no refund available. Was it def shared risk??? Really hope so. Did they give you a price for it?

Thanks Cajun!!!

Bumping for Dr P to clarify!!

xxx

mis2ninos
June 24th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Hi, I just received an email today, I asked if HRC had a shared risk plan. Crystal is calling it a shared risk plan but states, "Our current 2 cycle shared risk plan has qualifying factors as follows: .....There are no refunds after egg retrieval on any of the HRC packages." So, looks like its just a reduced fee IVF 2 cycle plan right, since there are no refunds if you don't succeed? Hopefully the Dr. can chime in soon.

sela
June 24th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Hi I've signed up to a 2-cycle plan at HRC. It's not shared risk as I understand it in that there is no refund if you don't get pregnant. The way it works is that you get 2 or 3 cycles at a discounted rate but for example should you have a poor response and do not progress to ER then you get a refund. However, once past ER no refunds apply. Hope that helps.

CajunChic
June 25th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Hmm, I didn't really ask for details so she just briefly went over it. I did take notes and she said it was shared risk and quoted me 10,600 for 2 cycles and 13,300 for 3 cycles. I'm not really sure what they mean by "shared risk".

miss_ickle
June 25th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Shared risk usually means that you get a percentage of the IVF cycle cost back if you don't succeed within that number of cycles e.g. Dr Lin offers 75% back (although doesn't include PGD costs etc) if you haven't got preg within 2 or 3 cycles (depending on which you have chosen). If you are under 31 you get 90% back. As I mentioned, you are still out of pocket with the meds, PGD costs etc but at least you get something back if you have to face the pain of no baby. It is because of this package that I am leaning towards Dr Lin, but I know Dr P has lots of success too. The normal 2 cycle packge reduces the cost a bit, but you still face potentially not having a baby having parted with a huge amount of money. I'm not sure I could deal with this, but shared risk makes it more bearable I would think?

xxx

jacqueline
June 25th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hmm, I didn't really ask for details so she just briefly went over it. I did take notes and she said it was shared risk and quoted me 10,600 for 2 cycles and 13,300 for 3 cycles. I'm not really sure what they mean by "shared risk".
I am familiar with HRC pricing and those prices obviously do not include the refund option. "Shared risk" could be loosely interpreted to apply to the multi-cycle packages - in that you are taking the risk you will pay more for one cycle, and HRC is taking the risk of giving you a large discount for multiple cycles.

So when asking about packages, I would make it clear you are looking for a "refund" package, as the term "shared risk" is not entirely clear.

Pink4me
June 26th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Hiya,
I'm sure Dr Potter did a refund program last year. It was $22,000 for under 35's. You could opt out after 2 cycles if you weren't pregnant and you got back $11,000 but if you weren't pregnant after 3 cycles you got back $19,800. Hope this helps. x

CajunChic
June 26th, 2011, 08:16 PM
This is good to know. I had no idea anyone offered a refund type package and had no clue what shared risk meant.. I'd like to check into that some more. Where is this dr. Lin at?

miss_ickle
June 27th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Dr Lin is at RFC - Reproductive Fertility Center, in Irvine. There are been 3 BFPs with him this month just gone, everyone who has been to him has said he is great.

Dr. Potter
June 27th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Hi Dr P,

I am 32 and have 2 boys. I'm in the process of deciding between your clinic and another which offers a 2-cycle shared risk plan for my cycle in April 2012. The shared risk part is really important to me, but as I am an international patient (UK) and for financial reasons, I don't think it will be possible for us to plan for three cycles,and I am scared of walking away with a huge amount of debt and no baby (which I know is a possibility)!! Would you consider introducing a 2-cycle plan with a shared risk element for eligible patients? I think it would be popular with us internationals.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!:happy:We have several options that include shared risk. We are happy to match or beat the shared risk offers of our competitors locally. What aree the details?

Dr. Potter
June 27th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Hiya,
I'm sure Dr Potter did a refund program last year. It was $22,000 for under 35's. You could opt out after 2 cycles if you weren't pregnant and you got back $11,000 but if you weren't pregnant after 3 cycles you got back $19,800. Hope this helps. xyes and we still offer this

CajunChic
June 28th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Dr. P - this is what they sent to me..

Thank you again for contacting us, and choosing our center to assist you. My name is Fawn, and I would be able to provide you with further assistance.

Two of patients biggest decision making will be: 1. costs and 2. success rates. Our costs are comparable to other local clinics, and we have one of the highest success rates in the nation. I included our 2008 & 2009 statistics. You also should check out: http://www.cdc.gov/art/ARTReports.htm . This site will give you the statistics for the clinics in the US. It is in order by alphabetical city. Ours is under Reproductive Fertility Center in Irvine, Ca.

We do have many financial packages available for you. The 2 cycle package would reflect your age category.
1 cycle package is $8,800
2 cycle package is $10,800-$13,800
3 cycle package is $15,800

We also have a 1 cycle compassionate package( ywhich you will have to qualify) $10,950, which includes 1 cycle, Anesthesia, ICSI, and 2-5 probe PGD. If you are interested in 24GSN the Compassionate Package is $8325 (IVF cycle package, anesthesia, ICSI, Biopsy). You will pay ~$3700 to GSN.

Lastly we offer Shared Risk Packages, but you would have to qualify, and Dr. Lin would be able to tell me if you qualify(ie; based on your age, Estradiol & FSH level, antra-follicle count, and history).
2 cycle Refund Package is $13,800-$15,800
3 cycle Refund Package is $16,800
The refund amount is,based on your age, 50-90%.

Lab fees are $5,600(anesthesia, ICSI, 2-5 probePGD) each cycle, and are non-refundable. 24GSN is an additional `$3700.

Additional fees are: medications($2,000-$5,000), and cryopreservation $600(includes the freezing process and one year storage).

Please feel free to call me at 949.453.8600 or email me at Fawn@ReproductiveFertilityCenter.com.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Warm Regards, Fawn

miss_ickle
June 30th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Dr P, Thanks for that offer to price match, that's great. Do you think you could offer something similar to what CajunChic mentioned? Many international cyclers can only commit to 2 cycles in a year (due to money, travel costs, getting 2/3 weeks off work at a time etc. etc.)

Look forward to your response!

Dr. Potter
July 8th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Shared risk usually means that you get a percentage of the IVF cycle cost back if you don't succeed within that number of cycles e.g. Dr Lin offers 75% back (although doesn't include PGD costs etc) if you haven't got preg within 2 or 3 cycles (depending on which you have chosen). If you are under 31 you get 90% back. As I mentioned, you are still out of pocket with the meds, PGD costs etc but at least you get something back if you have to face the pain of no baby. It is because of this package that I am leaning towards Dr Lin, but I know Dr P has lots of success too. The normal 2 cycle packge reduces the cost a bit, but you still face potentially not having a baby having parted with a huge amount of money. I'm not sure I could deal with this, but shared risk makes it more bearable I would think?

xxxI think if you do the math it is still less at HRC. Our refund is 50% after two and close to 90% after 3 cycles