PDA

View Full Version : Advice please.....

Mackenzie
March 20th, 2014, 06:28 PM
After my miscarriage in August last year I went to my ob to make sure everything came out properly and he did an internal ultrasound and said he found a fibroid while he was looking at my uterine lining. He said it wouldn't have caused miscarriage or hinder pregnancy in the future. I am just worried as I read online that it may increase chance of miscarriage. Should I trust what he says or be worried about it?? Thanks for any input.

Flowergirl
March 21st, 2014, 06:27 AM
I don't know anything about this so not in a position to give advice but if you're worried I'd get another opinion and speak with another obs/GYN or even GP just for peace of mind.

Sorry I can be of any more help!

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Fibroids, in the vast, vast majority of the time, no big deal whatsoever and over 50% of all women have them and this number goes up to 75% by the end of our childbearing years.. Your doctor looked at your fibroid and it was probably small and not in a place where it could have caused or contributed to miscarraige and I would take his/her word on that. On rare occasions, women have super huge ones, numerous ones, or they are in a bad place like right on the cervix, and in this and only this situation are they a concern for pregnancy. :)