PDA

View Full Version : Down to 4 names... I don't know

prayforprincess
March 22nd, 2014, 08:32 AM
My 3 boys are:
Patrick, Thomas (Tommy) & Dylan

I'm thinking for #4:

Ethan, Bryant, Liam or Colin

Middle name will be Michael, which doesn't help because it goes with all names.

????

SamS_TTCPink
March 22nd, 2014, 08:36 AM
There are so many Ethan's!! I do like Liam, but I also like Bryant cause it's that little bit more unique.

Sorry, not much help! I'm lost if we do have boy number 7! :worry:

Our boys are: Nathan, Adam, Joshua, Zachary, Mitchell and Cayden. :)

prayforprincess
March 22nd, 2014, 08:41 AM
I know, I hear there are so many Liam's and Ethan's but I personally do not know any and none of our friends/family have any.
Although, a gf of mine mentioned that b/c its only become this popular name in the past 3-4 years or so - I had all my boys before that so maybe I'm just surrounded by those older boys. Once I start getting into the little kids and preschool again in 3 years there may be swarms of Ethan's and Liam's.
It stinks cause I really like those names -- wish they weren't so popular.

NCBeachyGrl
March 22nd, 2014, 08:47 AM
I really like Ethan and Colin. Do you watch swamp people? One of Troy's boys is nammed Chase Michael and they call him by both names and I love it!! I told DH if this is a boy, I want to pick some really traditional names since our others are little different.

SamS_TTCPink
March 22nd, 2014, 08:51 AM
Ooooo....I like the name Chase, but my DH doesn't.

Colin Michael does sound good together. :)

ocean
March 22nd, 2014, 10:03 AM
Saying them all together, I like Ethan and Colin. Ethan was on our very very short list and I only didn't pick it b/c of the popularity -- BUT I found a place (baby center? forget where) where they showed the popularity by US state and it really varied. Where I lived, it turned out Ethan wasn't in the top 5, which explained why I knew NONE of them.

Btw - absolutely love love your new siggy. Go you mama!!!!!!!

I Love Ladybugs
March 22nd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Bryant.....hands down!!! It sounds lovely with your other lads' names. Both of my boys have very common middle names matched with unique first names....in terms of style, your 2 oldest have quite classic names and your Dylan needs a Bryant.

On a side note, I was thinking of you last night (((hugs))) and <3!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 22nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
Love all of them, I'm no help!

coocoobananas
March 22nd, 2014, 01:12 PM
I like Liam!!
And so happy you'll try for 5:)
Glad you're back:)

prayforprincess
March 22nd, 2014, 01:37 PM
I like Liam!!
And so happy you'll try for 5:)
Glad you're back:)

5 is my limit for sure!!! I've done a lot of thinking - and this has definitely been one of the most changing experiences of my life.
I knew another boy could happen, I just never thought it would -- kwim? I figured after all I had been through to have a dd, that the universe would gift her to me. Like if I could just let go, she would come...and it took me so long and so much emotionally to even be able to let go.
I have to be honest, I don't believe in much anymore. I have no faith in anything -- I feel like if you want something you have to make it happen - create your own luck cause this world won't gift it to you (at least not me). I am excited to meet my new little man - but I still hold a place in my heart for a dd.
My ivf/pgd cycles weren't successful because my best embryos were always boys. In both 3rd and 4th cycle (good ones with new RE), 3rd had 6 normal, 2 xx 4 xy: transferred 2 xx and bfn. Out of the 6 they were the worst 2 embryos and 3 of my xy's were great! 4th cycle I only had 3 normal xy and no xx -- they said if I had transferred 2 xy I would probably have twins because they were sooo good.
I feel like the only way I have a fighting chance at the dd is do Microsort 1st on his sperm and get rid of all this boys and that way I am only dealing with girl embryos and actually have a chance that my 1 or 2 really good eggs are xx.
We'll see what happens. My luck, out of 10 embryos 9 will be xx's and the 1 xy will be the best one. Either that or when I transfer I won't even get pg. But I'm not sure that I could ever have a dd on my own now - with 4 boys and dominating boys in my ivf cycles...if I try naturally even with swaying my chances of having a 5th boy are soooo high and with my no luck, I would definitely be the swaying opposite even with the most incredible sway out there.
Truly, I feel like I have little faith now and don't count the future ivf cycle being successful. I'm slowly coming to that true realization that more than likely I will never meet my daughter, and I'm trying to learn to let go and let the 4 beautiful healthy boys I've been given fill my whole heart and be everything I'll ever need. I'm trying...

Dreamofpink
March 22nd, 2014, 01:56 PM
Naturally I love Ethan (ds2) & dh is a Colin! Both fab names although we went for Nicholas for ds3's middle name as a nod to my dh as he doesn't like his name. Colin is a diminutive of Nicholas. :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

coocoobananas
March 22nd, 2014, 02:02 PM
It's hard. You've basically tried everything!
If I had the means, I would have tried pgd but I just don't! So I wasn't going to have more as I kept thinking hmmm maybe next time but I really didn't picture my life with 4 kids even if I did get a girl. Well, here I am like you with a 4th suprise. I know he will be a boy and because I feel I was coming close to feeling content with my 3 (there would always be triggers) I'm hoping since 4 is the absolute most I can have that my brain will let go of the dream for a girl.
I think if we always knew from the start there wasn't a chance to get a girl, that we wouldn't feel like it's something missing...but there's that chance, so you picture your life with her and she becomes this person that now seems to be missing!!
I really hope all your hard earned money and work pays off and that you can find the relief you need. You definitely deserve your dream come true:)

bunnywabbit
March 22nd, 2014, 02:52 PM
I really like Ethan. Was thinking about that for this LO but DH hated it...

Jany1025
March 22nd, 2014, 06:17 PM
5 is my limit for sure!!! I've done a lot of thinking - and this has definitely been one of the most changing experiences of my life.
I knew another boy could happen, I just never thought it would -- kwim? I figured after all I had been through to have a dd, that the universe would gift her to me. Like if I could just let go, she would come...and it took me so long and so much emotionally to even be able to let go.
I have to be honest, I don't believe in much anymore. I have no faith in anything -- I feel like if you want something you have to make it happen - create your own luck cause this world won't gift it to you (at least not me). I am excited to meet my new little man - but I still hold a place in my heart for a dd.
My ivf/pgd cycles weren't successful because my best embryos were always boys. In both 3rd and 4th cycle (good ones with new RE), 3rd had 6 normal, 2 xx 4 xy: transferred 2 xx and bfn. Out of the 6 they were the worst 2 embryos and 3 of my xy's were great! 4th cycle I only had 3 normal xy and no xx -- they said if I had transferred 2 xy I would probably have twins because they were sooo good.
I feel like the only way I have a fighting chance at the dd is do Microsort 1st on his sperm and get rid of all this boys and that way I am only dealing with girl embryos and actually have a chance that my 1 or 2 really good eggs are xx.
We'll see what happens. My luck, out of 10 embryos 9 will be xx's and the 1 xy will be the best one. Either that or when I transfer I won't even get pg. But I'm not sure that I could ever have a dd on my own now - with 4 boys and dominating boys in my ivf cycles...if I try naturally even with swaying my chances of having a 5th boy are soooo high and with my no luck, I would definitely be the swaying opposite even with the most incredible sway out there.
Truly, I feel like I have little faith now and don't count the future ivf cycle being successful. I'm slowly coming to that true realization that more than likely I will never meet my daughter, and I'm trying to learn to let go and let the 4 beautiful healthy boys I've been given fill my whole heart and be everything I'll ever need. I'm trying...

Good Luck with your little boy! I know what you mean, most of my cycles the boys were much better embryos so disheartning hence the reason it took me so long, even with my last cycle which worked, 2 of the embryos were fair morulas, two were early blasts and one of these blasts was biopsied 3 times, I really thought I was definitely going to get another BFN with these embryos..

Will you still cycle in Boston? Can you try HRC or somewhere else? Good Luck!

Oh and I like the names in this order

Colin
Liam
Ethan
Bryant

aidansmum
March 22nd, 2014, 09:24 PM
PFP, good to see you here x

I really like Liam, if I was having a little boy, that would be on the top of the list.

hotdogz&boyz
March 23rd, 2014, 12:19 AM
Honestly...I like every single name you have on your list (and your already here sons as well). I'm not big on sharing names publically, but my boys have several of the names you have listed in their names. If I had to pick, I'd select Colin first. Just because I think it's fits the best with your other kiddos. But I really couldn't select a second-best. I think they all three have good points. I don't think any of the popularity stuff applies across the board. As popular as Ethan is supposed to be, we know two in our very large circle (which also includes two Nathan's, two Kennedy's, and three Cora/Koras...all not-so-popular names). I think local popularity is most important. If you don't know a ton, I wouldn't worry about using a name.

Maybeaboyinthefuture?
March 23rd, 2014, 05:43 AM
Just wanted to say I understand your feelings..expecting my DD#4 in August, had the best sway I could possible have, still didnt get a boy. Seriously thinking about going HT next summer, but 5 kids just seem so much, always wanted 3.. So Happy we're having healthy kids!!:-)

About the names, I have always liked Liam! Good luck to you, I think you will have your girl some day soon :-D

snipsnsnails
March 23rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
PFP, its nice to hear from you. I really like Bryant to go with Dylan or Ethan. They are both cute names. I wish you the best with your little guy!