PDA

View Full Version : CBEFM help...Atomic or anyone?? When did I ovulate?

Houseofblue
March 23rd, 2014, 11:27 AM
So after 3 months of swaying dh and I decided to start actually ttc.

I use the CBEFM and have been tracking my cycles for 4-5 months and it is always VERY accurate, meaning my physical symptoms of ovulation match what the monitor says. Sometimes I have a mild night sweat the night before I get a peak reading on the monitor, indicating (I assume) the progesterone drop the night before ovulation..this has happened a handful of times and always matches up.

So...I got the peak reading/egg symbol on my monitor early Friday morning and dh and I DTD Fri afternoon. It was the only time we dtd this whole cycle (he works a lot and has crazy work hours etc). Last night (Sat evening) around midnight, I woke up to a mild night sweat. Again, this usually happens the night before I test + for a lh surge! This morning I have been having minor cramps in my right ovary.

Could I be ovulating today, 2 days after my + LH reading on my monitor??? It would mean this month is out, because no way would dh and I be able to DTD today with all 3 boys home, at least not until very late, and us DTD Fri afternoon would prob make it too late for the possibility of a bfp this month, right? :(

carmella_marie
March 23rd, 2014, 11:45 AM
You absolutely can get pg DTD fri and Oing on Sunday. My DS was a 4 day cutoff!! +OPK just detects the surge, meaning you will O in 12-36 hours, sometimes 48 hours. So it seems this cycle you just caught the beginning of the Lh surge and O'ed 36-48 hours later. Still very good chance if pregnancy!!

I would NOT do Another attempt, you did one attempt at +OPK which is getting great results for a girl!! Diet and sups can mess up your cycle so it sounds like whatever you're doing is changing your hormones a bit shiva can be good for pink!!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2014, 12:10 PM
Yes, you can be and I would not have you DTD again. You did it perfectly and it's perfectly set up for conception from one attempt.

Houseofblue
March 23rd, 2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks so much ladies!!

Atomic do you think I am ovulating today/this morning even though I got a peak reading Fri morning? Or is it O pain that results AFTER O? I saw your response on another post that said O pains can happen after O, could it happen a day after O etc?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks again!

maidentomother
March 23rd, 2014, 02:11 PM
O pain can happen before, during or after O. So there's no way to really know. But I agree that if you Oed yesterday or today, BD on Friday is PERFECT timing. Seriously. 2 days before has the best odds of conception.

It is totally possible to O a few days after your peak on tte CBFM. Happens all the time! It is often 1-2 days early.

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2014, 05:17 PM
I can't say when you ovulated but yes O pain can happen before, during, and after ovulation and I have an essay about it here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/1678-ovulation-pain-spotting-depth.html