PDA

View Full Version : Time to cut back?

PinkDaisy
March 24th, 2014, 05:52 PM
:worry:

Hello all. I am currently on day 32 and no sign of ovulation. I'm usually ovulating around 18/19 day. But have once seen 26 and 31 due to stress. I don't know what it is. Stress,lack of food, peppermint tea, crystal lite, supplements? Or a combination. I am so wrapped up in this and overall just don't know how much longer I can handle. We have been trying 5 months which I guess isn't that long but feels like a lifetime right now. I have watched what I ate for holidays, birthdays and other celebrations. Ok I guess this is just a complaint post. Sorry! I'll take any advice/support/words of encouragement. Thanks!

Rosie85
March 24th, 2014, 06:12 PM
When I wasn't ovulating I gave myself a cheat "weekend." I did two days of normal diet so I could get my body back on track. It worked for me. I am thinking it is from less stress since I didn't worry about my food as much! Good luck!

kitkat18
March 25th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Hi pink daisy the same is happening to me, decline of maternal health....makes me feel positive that there may be a chance of a girl but worried ovulation will go altogether my last pos opk was cycle day 23. Do you have a custom plan? I've been told to up my fat intake a little. Come join us at ttcpink march xxx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

stephk
March 25th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Peppermint tea does have the potential to screw up your cycles hon. Also like the other ladies have said - not sure how much % fat you are eating but consider upping the fat content. Come join us in one of the TTC threads :)

PinkDaisy
March 25th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Thanks so much for your replies. I will come join the other threads:). The last month I ovulated normally was right after Xmas. I wonder if its due to some "cheat meals". I just don't know if I should give my body a rest from the supplements and artificial sweetners or peppermint tea. We started doing an every 4 day Dtd. Although the whole due date on Xmas makes me a little nervous. But at this point I just want to stop watching what I eat. Okay, looking forward to chatting on the other threads!

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2014, 08:04 PM
add in one serving of full fat dairy a day, 4 eggs a week, and one serving salmon a week.

you are dropping pep tea and vitex just before you expect to ovulate, right??

PinkDaisy
March 26th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Thank you so much for responding. I will add full fat. Like whole milk? I already drink 1percent and my yogurt is 2percent. I have not stopped the peppermint tea! Ahhhh is that the problem? I have been drinking 1-2 cups a day. I am on day 37 now. I never took vitex because I heard it can mess with cycles at first and was really hoping march was our month:(. Is it nuts but at this point I'm kind of hoping to delay ovulation a bit longer to get out of the possibility of a Xmas week due date.

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2014, 04:00 PM
Yes you're supposed to stop the pep tea before you expect to ovulate because it can delay. In that case I'd hold off on the full fat dairy and just drop the pep tea when it is convenient for you to do so (fine to hold off longer to avoid due date)

PinkDaisy
April 1st, 2014, 10:11 PM
Thank you for responding! How far in advance should the peppermint tea be dropped? Also, I remember my doctor mentioning something once about a not so good ovulation. If I'm on day 40 when and if I ever release an egg, is it still good? Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2014, 06:19 PM
I would drop it 1-2 days before I expect to ovulate and then don't be surprised if it still delays O for a few days beyond that.

The idea that long cycles make bad eggs is first of all not even proven at all, is probably totally coincidental (IF there are more losses in the group of ladies with long cycles, it's very likely the reason for the long cycle and not the length in and of itself that might make one more prone to miscarriage) and secondly, for people who go months (like 3-6 months) I have no qualms about telling anyone to TTC in a long cycle, even 3-6 months long!!

maidentomother
April 7th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Did you O yet?

PinkDaisy
April 7th, 2014, 09:44 PM
No:(. Thank you for asking and for all the advice. I'm on day 46. I stopped drinking peppermint tea on day 42 and have slowly been decreasing the crystal light. I feel like this can't be good for my body. Not really sure what to do. I guess it's a waiting game. I'm thinking I should possibly look into clomid ?

maidentomother
April 8th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Oh, you poor thing! I was going crazy Oing on CD28! I doubt the CL is preventing O, btw. Clomid would definitely help. Do you think your dr would prescribe it? Since you've had longer cycles/late O before it does sound like you would benefit from it legitimately.

PinkDaisy
April 8th, 2014, 07:27 PM
I'm going to ask about it. It could actually help sway pink too I think? I just don't understand what is going on with my body. I haven't had this long of a cycle since I came off bcp years ago.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2014, 07:34 PM
The pep tea is what delayed O.

I would def ask about Clomid, no harm in it and it will help a pink sway.

PinkDaisy
April 15th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Hi again... Just an update
On day 54 ..no ovulation. I have been sticking with le with some cheats here and there. Have been off peppermint tea almost 2 weeks. Any suggestions on what I should do/not do at this point? I also have added whole milk once a day, salmon once a week, and eggs too like atomic suggested. :think:

WantingPink
April 15th, 2014, 03:41 PM
What is your BMI?

PinkDaisy
April 15th, 2014, 11:02 PM

WantingPink
April 15th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Well that is probably your answer. 17.9 is a really low BMI. You probably need to gain a little weight. If you are swaying pink you probably want to talk to Atomic about this.

PinkDaisy
April 16th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Ok thanks for responding. Hopefully atomic can steer me in the right direction. Thanks!

PinkDaisy
April 17th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Figured i would give an update and see if anyone had new advice. I was given provera to,get things moving and then a script for clomid. My only concern is well what if my body would have ovulated on its own in the next week but I guess the doctor gave me provera to jump start this process. Does the swaying process end when on clomid?

maidentomother
April 18th, 2014, 04:11 AM
No! Clomid is great for pink sways. In fact there is a thread on swaying with clomid. What dose?

I am so glad you got some!

PinkDaisy
April 18th, 2014, 09:31 AM
It's 50mg. But I feel like its so far away to start. Have to do provera 10 dats. Then wait for af. Then days 3-7. I'm doubting this all now. What if I would have ovulated on my own before that? The sono showed no sign of ovulation happening or have happened so I guess no chance I could be pregnant. We have been Dtd but she wouldn't have prescribed it if she didn't think it was best for me. Ahhh ok thanks!

maidentomother
April 18th, 2014, 09:36 AM
That plan sounds great. I don't think you would have Oed any sooner AND clomid IMPROVES your sway. Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
April 18th, 2014, 10:48 AM
If you had an ultrasound, then do the Provera and Clomid because they would have seen if you were going to O on your own.

The Clomid is among our best sway tactics anyway so you are only helping your sway in the end. :)

atomic sagebrush
April 18th, 2014, 10:52 AM
It's 50mg. But I feel like its so far away to start. Have to do provera 10 dats. Then wait for af. Then days 3-7. I'm doubting this all now. What if I would have ovulated on my own before that? The sono showed no sign of ovulation happening or have happened so I guess no chance I could be pregnant. We have been Dtd but she wouldn't have prescribed it if she didn't think it was best for me. Ahhh ok thanks!

She can see on your ovaries as to whether or not you have recently ovulated or are about to. If there is nothing there, either the corpus luteum indicating ovulation, or developing follicles, then it is time to do the Provera/Clomid combo. :)

PinkDaisy
April 18th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Thank you... That made me feel better. I thought I read the essay about clomid but now I can't find it. Do I still do le as best as possible? But no more 1 attempt right? Frequent? My doctor said lots of bd but wasn't sure if that sways blue.

atomic sagebrush
April 18th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Whoops meant to post this:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7997-swaying-clomid-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-2-a.html

Yes, you still do diet and I personally think it's best to stick with the one attempt at pos OPK for at least the first couple months before you start to add attempts. (might want to keep that to yourself and not mention to the doctor though!!) I would drop the frequency/jelly/antihistamine if you were using any of that and just have DH do reg. release every 2-4 days.

PinkDaisy
April 20th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Thank you for the wealth of info! Question about diet... I usually have 1 equal in my coffee and 1 crystal lite a day. Is that okay? As far as diet, should I do anything off pcos diet list? According to blood work, I have no signs of pcos. I just have cysts. Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
April 20th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Yes, I believe that is fine. I never want anyone to do those insanity levels of artificial sweeteners that some other sites recommend, Clomid or no. some people do decide to drop the sweeteners all together if they are having rrouble getting pregnant.

You can have a tendency towards PCOS without having it full blown,a nd a lot of people have benefited from those alternate diets without having been diagnosede PCOS. I think that since you've been at this a while now, it may be that it will help you to change it up and try one of the other two forms of the diet.