PDA

View Full Version : computer broken atomic

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2014, 09:31 PM
My computer just broke AGAIN with four sway plans about to be sent. Was just going over them on final draft when the power went out and computer will not restart.
If you're waiting on a plan I am going to try to resurrect on a different computer and will send originals when and if it is fixable

Please say prayer because many picture and a lot of hard work on there

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2014, 09:45 PM
No luck, my old one will not open my word processing program.

Very unhappy right now

Rosie85
March 26th, 2014, 09:47 PM
argh! So so sorry atomic. How frustrating! Hope it can work out in the end. You can always take the hard drive in to have the pictures removed as long as it didn't burn up.

Rosie85
March 26th, 2014, 09:48 PM
oh if the computer is on you could maybe transfer the files onto a quick (thumb) drive and put them on the other computer. You don't need to open the word program to do that.

Adia
March 26th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Do you need a new computer? I'd be willing to chip in some, (not as much as I would like), if others would chip in too for a new/used computer for you?
We are apple users & we just sold our old laptop and desktop. We sold the desktop for $450 on amazon (DH buys too many damn movies so they eat up all our memory) but a simple Apple desktop used wouldn't be a ton....Apples are superb IMO...
What do you think?

Rosie85
March 27th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Very thoughtful Adia! I agree. Can we help?

maidentomother
March 27th, 2014, 08:27 AM
I would chip in too and agree that Apples are awesome comps! I've been using them since 1990! But, atomic may be more comfortable with another OS so best to ask first.

Adia
March 27th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I'd be happy to chip in for whatever she would like...

If 100 people put in $10each she could get a good one, new or used.

She has spent her time helping way more than 100 people!!

Dana-Alicia
March 27th, 2014, 11:56 AM
That was my first thought too: crowdfunding! I'm in! I do hope you get all your docs back AS, all that hard work...

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2014, 02:26 PM
You guys are so thoughtful. Hopefully it won't come to that, either they can fix but he didn't sound too hopeful, or Greg can get the old one going again by tomorrow. He is due home in a few hours. Either way I should be up and running by tomorrow. They are removing the data and stuff fxfxfx on that.

Adia
March 27th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I'm still up for some crowdfunding for a new computer if you are interested!

If you are having to redeem one that isn't currently in use and your current one is kaputz, maybe its time for a new one...

Would a new computer help you??

All you have to say is yes and tell us what you want and we'll give it a shot!

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2014, 08:33 PM
They were able to resurrect it thankfully!!! I guess the power outage just overloaded it and kept it from booting up normally.

Thank you guys so much, this computer is only a couple years old so it should go for awhile (hope so anyway!) I am going to get a battery backup device that is supposed to prevent this from ever happening again!

I HATE it that I lost so much time though. :(

Boysway
March 27th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Phew atomic. That must be a massive relief for you. I am another that would have been happy to chip in.

Adia
March 27th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Alright, we'll let it go this time but you have to speak up....I think we would all be glad to be part of a 'what goes around comes around' movement if you needed a new computer.

Boysway
March 28th, 2014, 02:16 AM
For sure Adia. Goodness knows atomic does a lot for us.