PDA

View Full Version : Team Green Gender reveal!!!!

OnlyPraying
March 27th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Hey guys! Most of you don't know me as I'm mostly a lurker here but some of you might remember me from InGender, I was bluebooties there. I swayed HARD for a boy with my third using IG diet and got a sweet little girl out of it.
Then when we started trying for our fourth I had 2 chemical pregnancies and was diagnosed with secondary infertility. We did two rounds of femara cycles and one round of Clomid cycle. All were negative. I had had enough by now and we decided to take a break, focus on our health and three beautiful kids. I started training for a half marathon, hubby picked up his tennis again. I looked up the boy diet here and casually started eating off off it as its a very healthy diet. Medjool dates, nuts, almond milk, wheat grass shots, lemon water, fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats and nutritionally rich foods were part of my daily diet. Because I was running so much I didnt gain any weight but for the first time in my life my hemoglobin levels came back normal which has NEVER happened before as I'm super anemic and a thalassemia gene carrier too!
And then out of nowhere We found out that We were pregnant!!!...it was such a shockingly wonderful surprise! We decided to be team green this time as our little miracle was precious no matter what gender.
From day one I had a feeling im carrying a boy and no matter how hard I tried to shake that feeling it wouldn't go away! But all of that changed when I went in for my anatomy scan. The technician played mind games with me and totally messed up my conviction. She asked me what was my family makeup, I said boy-girl-girl. She goes "oh then you must really want a boy eh" and I say yes but mostly for my son. And she then proceeds to say " well its a good thing you're not finding out then". Are you kidding me lady?!?!?! She might as well just told me its a girl! So from that point on we were convinced its a girl. I am proud to say I didnt have one flicker of gender disappointment and discovered that I was finally cured of it! Very liberating!
On the night of March 18th I went to bed at 11 and woke up with a severe contraction at 1:30 am. Went to pee to discover All of my mucus plug has come out! Pains were coming 10 minutes apart at this point. I timed them till they were 5 minutes apart and 45 seconds long. At 2:30 i woke hubby up and asked him to take my butt to the hospital as this baby was coming right now!!!! Kids were sleeping so I asked my good friend and neighbor to come and sleep on our couch. We got there at 3am. I was already 7cms! I asked them to break my water but since I was strep B+ they hooked me up on an IV and wanted to wait as long as possible for the antibiotics to work. I asked for an epidural at this point and got it right away. After 10 minutes my water broke on its own. I was now 9cm. The nurse asked me to push when I got the urge, but that didnt happen. I was stuck at 9 cm for an hour and a little lip in my cervix wouldn't let me be a complete 10. The pain was unbearable at this point I was shaking, shivering, throwing up and guess what? The epidural just worked on my left side and i could completely feel the contractions on my right side! It seems funny now lol!
Suddenly the baby's heartbeat started going down and the doctor came in and said the baby was stuck in the birth canal sideways, so he had to put his hand in and turn the baby around but my cervix still wouldn't completely dilate so he used a vaccum to pull the baby out.
At 6:24 am, on March 18th, we welcomed our fourth baby and second baby BOY Amaar into this world. He was 7lbs 12oz and 20 inches long. He looks just like his brother and our family is now complete :)♥
Thankyou so much for reading my looooooong story and i truly pray everyone here gets what they want and wish you all happy, healthy joyful lives. Special thanks to Atomic, Michaela, Hobber and dloui for all your help and support.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/27/ybedu2an.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

My2Sons
March 27th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Congratulations on your sweet boy!

nuthinbutpink
March 27th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Wow! Congrats!

SamS_TTCPink
March 27th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Congratulations!! And thanks for sharing your story. 💛

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCBeachyGrl
March 27th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Congrats!!

Petal
March 27th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Great news! congrats on your little boy :-)

odd
March 27th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Sweet! Congratulations

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Mulberry Smurf
March 27th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Congratulations :) amazing news xx

dloui128
March 27th, 2014, 10:35 AM
That is such awesome news!!!! I am so happy for you hun :)

Hobbermittens
March 27th, 2014, 10:50 AM
WOW!! What a great story! I am SOOOOOO happy for you!! I know it has been a long journey for you, and I am so glad you got such a happy ending. You deserve it, my friend!

Congrats on that sweet baby boy!!

OnlyPraying
March 27th, 2014, 10:56 AM
WOW!! What a great story! I am SOOOOOO happy for you!! I know it has been a long journey for you, and I am so glad you got such a happy ending. You deserve it, my friend!

Congrats on that sweet baby boy!!

Thank you sweety! You were my inspiration for being team green!

Mrsandmama
March 27th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Congrats!!!!

Prayingpink
March 27th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Congrats! What a beautiful gift God granted you! I just had to say that very same thing happened with my first son. It was a rough delivery but so worth it. Enjoy your bundle of blue joy

maidentomother
March 27th, 2014, 12:53 PM
He is beautiful! What a wonderful story. :)

The Anchor
March 27th, 2014, 01:12 PM
OMG! He is GORGEOUS! HUGE CONGRATS!

Hobbermittens
March 27th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Thank you sweety! You were my inspiration for being team green!

Isn't it the best surprise??
Thanks for posting his picture--he's beautiful!! Congrats again!! :) :DS:

dloui128
March 27th, 2014, 01:55 PM
oh my gosh he is so cute!!!!

Yahmama
March 27th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Congratulations!!! I have the exact same make up as you and I so understand wanting another boy for your oldest. That is what led me here too as I always wanted him to have a brother. So excited for you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

lfc_sarah
March 27th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Congratulations! He's gorgeous xxx
I would also love to stay team green when we get pregnant again! How hard was it?

hotdogz&boyz
March 27th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Huge congrats!!

What a great story. I especially like that you ended up discovering you had no GD because of the techs comment AND that you got your DG in the end too. It's neat to know that you wouldn't have had any disappointment no matter how it played out. Sort of a unique circumstance. We hope to be team green for our next baby too! It just seems so amazing to find out right then. (We don't have a strong desire one way or the other, we were blessed with two DS and a DD already).

Wonderful all around! He is a beautiful little man.

OnlyPraying
March 27th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Congratulations! He's gorgeous xxx
I would also love to stay team green when we get pregnant again! How hard was it?

It was hard only on the day of anatomy scan. It actually allowed me to love my baby and respect my pregnancy more without getting into the vicious cycle of gender disappointment

OnlyPraying
March 27th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Huge congrats!!

What a great story. I especially like that you ended up discovering you had no GD because of the techs comment AND that you got your DG in the end too. It's neat to know that you wouldn't have had any disappointment no matter how it played out. Sort of a unique circumstance. We hope to be team green for our next baby too! It just seems so amazing to find out right then. (We don't have a strong desire one way or the other, we were blessed with two DS and a DD already).

Wonderful all around! He is a beautiful little man.

Thank you sweety. ...wish you the best!

Dollydot
March 29th, 2014, 05:01 PM
congrats, what a beautiful boy!!

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I am so happy for you! He is just lovely!!!!!!

Mumof3girls
March 29th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Wow. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story.

Wishingforpink
April 1st, 2014, 03:31 AM
What a lovely story, it so nice to see such a happy ending. Enjoy your beautiful complete family!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Princess of Pink
April 1st, 2014, 04:00 PM
So happy for you, congrats!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Plum3
April 2nd, 2014, 07:21 AM
So special! Congratulations!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Funkyfry
April 9th, 2014, 05:43 PM
What a little beauty!! Huge congrats!!

kitkat18