PDA

View Full Version : JenB17 TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt - Result Boy :)

JenB17
March 28th, 2014, 06:45 AM
TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Unknown BOY
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy age 4
Boy age 2
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I am veggie anyway (since I was 5yrs!), but had a high fat high protein diet before. I had always snacked throughout the day, eat loads of sweets/choc and never had fizzy drinks!
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
22weeks
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes
Comments regarding DH's diet-
Well, he really thinks he did, lol! He eats a mostly veggie diet with me, but he did 'try' to cut out the meat/red meat when he could. He thinks he did better than he actually did though (bless him!)
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly
Any Diet Details?
I tried to add in fiber for my larger or fattier meals, but did often forget, but hoping that overall (with length I was on diet) that it could still have made a difference
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
Towards the end of my diet I did loosen up and started adding in more calories (up to 1600ish) and snacking a bit more (naughty). Didn't have any major major cheats, but it was xmas the month before, so I don't think I was a strict around then. Usually always kept in my limits though.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
I got to my lowest adult weight of just over 8stone/52kilos. I am normally around 9stone/59kilos, so was happy with my weight loss.
I did try to add in exercise, but wasn't as successful as I was hoping. I had an injury early on which put me out 3weeks, then I did fab and was getting out 4-5x per week (always doing 1hour of jogging). However, I work night shifts and can't run in the day with the kids, so I would run every weekend and on the nights off from work, which averaged 3-4x per week. In the two weeks before my sway we were away for xmas so I didn't run at all : (
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
n/a
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
n/a
DH pH
n/a
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
I was finding it difficult to get a +opk as I think my body was taking some time to adjust to coming off bcp, and my cycles were lasting approx 37days! I didn't bother with +opk started looking for other signs that O was on its way. When it felt right we dtd (one attempt). I took a random opk the next night and it was +!!
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers BD every few days

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? For some attempts

Any relevant attempt details?
I *think* I J&D, but after 5-10mins.
We decided not to pay any attention to frequency as AS felt it wasn't making a massive difference and we went about our normal pattern of dtd. I just made sure there was pull out so we could ensure just one attempt. However, due to me working some extra shifts we actually hadn't dtd for a little while, so I think it was an unintentional abstain of about 5/6 days
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Baby asprin
folic acid
Fiber

DH Supplements Licorice Root

Any additional supplement info?
As my cycles were a bit all over the place, so was DH taking of LR. On our bfp attempt I think he had only taken it for a day or two. In total he managed 2 1/2 cycles of LR
Did you do anything with Ions?
no
Moon Phase during conception?
Waxing Crescent
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
I tried to sleep on my left!
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
Overall I was on diet for a long time. I added in aspartame which id different and cut down on dairy and eggs (so much less fat and protein than normal).
I also now work nights (even if only 2/3 per week) and am very often up in the night with children, so my sleep is quite deprived and at the least disturbed.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
After having two boys I just can't imagine myself having a girl. I know it doesn't mean anything, its hard to get past the fact that DH doesn't have any girls on his side of the family.
I think I could have swayed boy with my exercise at the end and also that I loosened up on snacking in the last few weeks too.
Things worth mentioning:
-

maidentomother
March 28th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Sounds like an solid sway. Congrats!

JenB17
March 28th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Thanks Maiden - doesn't feel like it!! Plus, my 12week scan pics look pretty boy like!! Going to stay team green though, so will find out for sure in Sep! Thanks for your support!x

kitkat18
March 28th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Great attempt Jen crossing my fingers for you good luck being team green wonderful surprise after all that hard work xxx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

JenB17
March 29th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Thank you Kitkat. Appreciate your thoughts x

Dollydot
March 29th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Great sway!! Going team green too but also have a boy nub. Good luck hope you get your girl..

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Congratulations and pink dust!!!

JenB17
October 30th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Just to update everyone - I was blessed with another gorgeous blue bundle (to add to my collection!) on 25th Sep (day before DS1 birthday!). We have called him Oliver and I am in love :)

xx

Rosie85
October 30th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Congrats! !!

keepthefaith
October 30th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy your new blue bundle xxx

Dollydot
October 30th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Congrats!! what a beautiful name...

odd
October 30th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Congratulations

kitkat18
October 30th, 2014, 08:33 PM
That really was an amazing sway honey, little Oliver was meant to be enjoy those newborn snuggles X
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Nahri
October 31st, 2014, 01:38 AM
Congrats on baby Oliver!

Mamato3?
October 31st, 2014, 03:49 AM
Congratulations!!
He was a determined little spermie!!!

The Anchor
October 31st, 2014, 10:32 AM
Is that his pic in your avatar? GAWD he is GORGEOUS! CONGRATS!

carlyandlee
November 7th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Congratulations on your baby!! :)