PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm about to miscarry..

fiveboysandagirl
April 1st, 2014, 07:46 AM
I'm 9 weeks 5 days. My breasts have shrunk and I had spotting yesterday and cramping today. :-(
think it's on it's way out. Funny cos' I've had really strong early pregnancy symptoms with this one! I got bitten on the hand by a dog last Friday and had to go the the hospital where they treated it and gave me antibiotics as a precaution. I hope it wasn't the shock of the dog bite that caused this. Doctor says that's doubtful. I'm going for a scan to see if there is any baby in there..

laVieEnRose
April 1st, 2014, 08:00 AM
What a worrying time for you, sending you love and fx that all will be ok for you and your baby. GL with the scan xx

Mulberry Smurf
April 1st, 2014, 08:22 AM
Hope you're ok hun :( fingers crossed baby is ok xx

nuthinbutpink
April 1st, 2014, 09:24 AM
Can you go for a scan?

fiveboysandagirl
April 1st, 2014, 09:42 AM
They just phoned me and gave me an appointment tomorrow morning. Cramps are getting stronger so I anticipate bleeding overnight.. It's a shame, but I was surprised to get pregnant in the first place! I know MC is a higher risk after 40.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coocoobananas
April 1st, 2014, 10:50 AM
So sorry 5 boys:(
Hope things might turn around for you. Xx

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2014, 12:08 PM
I'm hoping that this is just a bump in the road and all will be well at the scan.

angielorna
April 1st, 2014, 12:14 PM
I'm so sorry :( I hope that your cramping doesn't mean what you think it means! Hopefully all turns out well.

Angie

Little Lunasa
April 1st, 2014, 12:58 PM
Hope it turns out ok for you x

The Anchor
April 1st, 2014, 03:59 PM
I'm so sorry...

Mackenzie
April 1st, 2014, 05:01 PM
Im sorry...hoping all is well.

laVieEnRose
April 3rd, 2014, 07:58 AM
How are you Fiveboysandonegirl?
Thinking of you. X

laVieEnRose
April 3rd, 2014, 08:00 AM
*fiveboysandagirl*. (Sorry for the mistake)

fiveboysandagirl
April 3rd, 2014, 05:19 PM
I went for a scan and they discovered an empty sac that had only developed for about 5 weeks. It's easier knowing that there was never really a baby in there to start with. I've no plans to TTC again. I'm not sure I was truly ready to accept another boy. Husband was very sad in the ultrasound room. I don't know whether he wants to try again. We haven't discussed it. I'm very bad at talking and and he has a tendency to respond in a way that makes me clam up! What a pair!

nuthinbutpink
April 3rd, 2014, 05:26 PM
So sorry.

Rosie85
April 3rd, 2014, 06:27 PM
so so sorry five.

SamS_TTCPink
April 3rd, 2014, 06:33 PM
So sorry fiveboysandagirl. Maybe just take some time out before making any decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odd
April 3rd, 2014, 07:50 PM
Oh man. ..am so sorry to hear. :-(

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

WillowsGirl
April 3rd, 2014, 08:00 PM
I'm so sorry.

Houseofblue
April 3rd, 2014, 08:09 PM
I am so very sorry (((((HUGS))))) :( I had a blighted ovum before too. I hope you don't give up if you really don't want to, the next one could be a sticky! Hang in there xo

kitkat18
April 3rd, 2014, 08:24 PM
I'm so sorry five boys x

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Butterfly Spirit
April 3rd, 2014, 08:27 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear this. I experienced the empty sac ultrasound. Just heartbreaking!!! :( :HH:
My princess was a rainbow baby right after my loss :HH: Prayers of strength sweetie!!

Mackenzie
April 3rd, 2014, 09:35 PM
I'm so sorry! I've dealt with the same thing but I was 10 weeks sac measured 6.5. So heartbreaking. Time heals. Be kind to yourself. Thinking of you.

fiveboysandagirl
April 4th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Thank you all of you. It is my second experience of this. I had the same thing happen 8 months before I fell pregnant with my fifth son. I think not making any decisions is the best way to go. X

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

lfc_sarah
April 6th, 2014, 04:44 AM
So sorry xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laVieEnRose
April 11th, 2014, 05:45 PM
So sorry Fiveboys...
I'm just recovering from surgery after an ectopic pregnancy...
I hope you get to share your feelings with your husband and find peace xxx

fiveboysandagirl
April 15th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Get well soon LaVieEnRose. I'm just sitting here now waiting for the remains of a stuck clot to pass! I've had to have a medical management because the miscarriage didn't fully complete. This experience has really made me appreciate my luck in carrying and delivering five healthy babies! Whatever gender!

Actually going through this has prompted my husband and I to talk about adoption. I think he was more excited about another baby than I was and he was very sad when the miscarriage started. He said he's not phased by another round of nappies and potty training and another little lifetime commitment.. He's more concerned about what other people will have to say. But you can't live your life always pleasing other people can you. I watched a UK programme last week and I really felt for the little ones who wait for families. We're tempted... :-)

lisvna
April 15th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Oh no 5boys I just see your thread. Im so sorry....:bighug:

vickyaust
April 19th, 2014, 06:31 PM
So sorry for your loss. I hope you make a quick recovery and best of luck with your decisions.