PDA

View Full Version : Help, collapsing corpus luteum cyst at 4w4d?

fourwildones
June 23rd, 2011, 11:01 AM
I have been having pain on my right side the last few days (so bad I need to take tylenol regularly) and went in for an early u/s yesterday- and the Dr. thinks she sees a corpus luteum cyst collapsing on my left side but that the pain is referring to my right. She is not concerned as my progesterone levels were 37.9 on Monday (although they have not risen from 37 last week) and she doesn't want to put me on ANY form or progesterone and thinks it cannot prevent miscarriage. I am a nervous wreck! Don't I need the corpus luteum to stay intact until at least 10 weeks to maintain my levels? She seems to think I should just wait???

I am asuming there is no difference between the corpus luteum and the corpus luteum cyst?

I don't know when I should go back in for a recheck of my progesterone (she suggested waiting until Monday) and am worried I should at least be on cream to prevent the progesterone from dropping-if I wait for my progesterone to drop, won't it be too late? I had LPD that I have been taking 100 mg B6 for, so I am not sure why this is happending, or if there is anything I can do.

If someone can help I'd really appreciate it!

lindi
June 23rd, 2011, 11:38 AM
I just read over on the HT board that you need progesterone over 10 to maintain pregnancy, over 20 is ideal so I wouldn't stress about supplementing at all it looks like your levels are great! sorry you are in pain though! And my OB said 9 weeks is when placenta takes over making the hormones.
-also, I am doing HT and so my only prog. is supplemented (pio shots) so my prog will stay the same the whole time I am doing them- not rising- so I can only assume its ok for the pregnancy if the level isn't rising

fourwildones
June 23rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
Thank you! I a m going in to get a second opinion today, as I am just freaking out about it. I suppose you are right- if my progesterone was at 37 earlier in the week, it should theoretically be OK, but with the cyst's collapsing I am worried it is going to drop dramatically. :( I am a mess right now.

fourwildones
June 23rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Well I went to the appt and the doctor said the report from the u/s indicates there are cysts on both sides, an that the CL cyst that was described as collapsing is nothing to worry about AND that my progesterone was good from 2 days ago, but I am still nervous. He gave me an Rx for suppositories that I cannot yet get as I have to have it shipped by arelatively local pharmacy-but now I am not sure what to do...He says they can;t hurt and may help-

WWYD? I am still in pain and will go in for bloodwork at the 2nd opinion OB tomorrow to check levels-My original OB does not want me to take them, and I don't know if I can go back to her if I start the supps but I do hope to deliver with her if I can't havbe a homebirth....

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2011, 07:40 AM
This may be a dumb question but does she have to know?? I certainly didn't tell my OB everything!! ;)

MOST doctors seem to take the opinion of the 2nd doc, that prog can't hurt and may help, but then again, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Looks to me like you released 2 eggs (hence the double corpus luteum).

fourwildones
June 30th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Well I got the progesterone but never started to take it, I did think about taking it and not telling her but the 2nd doctor didn 't seem to think I needed it either. I agree she doesn't really need to know. I was worried mildly about being dishonest and then her finding out somehow, perhaps at a vaginal exam...

So you think the multiple cysts could be an indicator of double ovulation? If so, that would make sense as to why I am still producing progesterone.

What I decided to do was get my progesterone tested a few days periodically, and if it had gone down I would start taking them-instead it has gone up. It was at 39.8 on Friday. Now I am trying to decide if I should still take them as it seems I am still producing progesterone so I am assuming a CL cyst is still intact, but I am terrified it will fail. Both OBs don't want to test my progesterone anymore as they feel it would be pointless, instead they say that an ultrasound will be the best indicator-but I don't see how an ultrasound can tell them anything about my progesterone levels should they drop?

Part of me wants to trust what is going on with my body, but part of me is terrified!

lindi
July 1st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Maybe the ultrasound will check the cysts? Sorry this is so stressful. I am pretty sure you won't be in a position where your corpus luteum collapses and the pregnancy ends that day- if anything, you would have a little bleeding, go to your OB, and then IF it collapsed- which it seems like it really won't- you pop a suppository in, and then use them for a few weeks.