DW Age:
34 (35 in one month)
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy (6 1/2)
Boy (3)
Boy loss (in October 2012)
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
Vegetarian except for a few cheats, ALWAYS stayed under protein upper limits (except for a few cheats) but had a harder time with fat. Some of this time was the PCOS (brown carbs version) of LE. I know there aren't supposed to be any forbidden foods, but I counted fermented vegetables and cereal as personally forbidden. I also ALWAYS skipped breakfast, and had my first breakfast in months today to celebrate my BFP!
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
13 weeks (very loose the first week)
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
He did NOTHING! He has a daily protein shake, eats meat at least twice a day, and even started creatine during my sway :( At least he drinks lots of alcohol and caffeine!
DId you consume alcohol? Often- daily

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly
Any Diet Details?
2-3 cups of coffee every morning, 1-3 alcoholic drinks per evening, stayed below the 1800 calories per day and often below 1500.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
155 lbs to start, and I am at 141 now. Weight came off slowly with lots of plateaus, but I was happy to see that I lost 2 lbs in the 2WW. This was not my lowest conception weight, but the last time I was 135 and crossfitting while eating paleo, so hopefully this is better for pink!
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
7 weeks of 5-7 days a week, one hour minimum per day cardio. I most often chose the elliptical, but occasionally speed-walked on the treadmill. There was NO weight training or muscle building, but I did follow each workout with extensive foam rolling and stretching to prevent injuries, which I am prone to. I was ANAL about maintaining my gym schedule. I averaged more than 6 days per week of exercise :)
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
Unknown (stopped believing in this!)
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
Unknown
DH pH
Unknown
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
1 attempt at +OPK, no orgasm at attempt or for one month prior. Did not DTD again for 5 days (he was mad at me!)

DH released on his own as he saw fit (I "gave him a hand" 2 days prior to our attempt.)
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Other

BD Position
Doggy style
Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
-
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Chitosan
Baby asprin
folic acid
Fiber

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
Cinnamon in my coffee daily (1/4-1/2 tsp)

Myoinositol (1/2 Pregnitude dosage) one month prior to attempt.
Did you do anything with Ions?
I feel silly admitting it, but my fan has an ionizer setting that I kept on. I figured that it couldn't hurt and might help!
Moon Phase during conception?
Waning Gibbous
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
No. Did a spell with my sister, who has only girls, a year ago to "exchange" my ability to have only boys with her ability to have only girls (she wants a boy.) It was a beautiful ritual, and I hope it worked for both of us despite the fact that it was a year ago. I opted not to get Martha-obsessive-y and do a spell while swaying this time.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
LE for 12+ weeks, intense exercise without breaks for 7 weeks, one attempt, fiber/chitosan supps before EVERY meal, brought down my stress/obsession level DRAMATICALLY, DH and I are pretty heavy drinkers, and had polished off about 10 beers between the two of us the night of our attempt, no O before or after attempt (that was HARD,) consistent breakfast skipping, didn't eat until 1:30 pm the day after ovulation (unintentional!) and had been seriously sleep deprived for DAYS at conception. Also, I'm still breastfeeding my 3 year old 1-3 times a day (not sure if that sways much at all.)
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
No sway is ever "perfect," opposites happen and all I've ever made are boys. I ate TONS of salt, had LOTS of cheating in the 2ww (although I did skip breakfast until this morning.) I wish I'd been sick when I was ovulating, or that I was less of a Martha! I'd like to have taken Saw Palmetto, Clomid, or had a supportive DH!
Things worth mentioning:
I will say that I DID NOT do the visualizations, crazy Chinese gender chart obsessions, or anything else that would make me a mega-Martha in these past 3 months. I gave up FaceBook (which brought my blood pressure up when I got in debates,) political activism, road rage, being the major event planner for our friend group, and even changed my radio habits from news to music from my iPod to reduce stress and hopefully lower T levels. I kept our weekly game night with friends because I look so forward to it, but I will say that the entire process of swaying brought my competitiveness down about 10 notches. I've never cared so little if I won or lost.

I'm pretty sure I gave this one everything I was capable of giving. If it doesn't work out, then I guess I'm just not destined to have a daughter. It's a depressing thought, but at least it was a good sway!

LilithWiser1979
April 3rd, 2014, 02:22 PM
Oh! I forgot to add that it was my first cycle post progesterone-only BCP. I don't know if that'll help my sway, but I can hope!

Bigwish
April 3rd, 2014, 02:39 PM
Congrats on your BFP!
Fab sway!! Praying you here pink!

laVieEnRose
April 3rd, 2014, 02:43 PM
It looks amazing Lillith! You could not have done anymore. Well done you and big congratulations!
Lets hope for pink and above all a healthy little one xx

foxymrsg
April 3rd, 2014, 02:44 PM
Sounds like a fab sway! Congrats on your BFP, hoping and praying you hear pink!

Dollydot
April 3rd, 2014, 03:00 PM
Well done!! fab sway, hope you get your girl...

Rosie85
April 3rd, 2014, 03:06 PM
Fabulous sway! Mine looks very very similar to yours! I am praying extra hard you have your girl!

Adia
April 3rd, 2014, 03:22 PM
You got a BFP?? WOOHOO!!!! Yipee! How exciting! Congratulations! So happy for you!

flowerlily
April 3rd, 2014, 04:31 PM
Congrats on the BFP! Great sway!
Hope you get your girl, you've worked so hard for it!:)

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

b'smommy
April 3rd, 2014, 04:49 PM
Sounds like a fab sway!!! Fingers crossed for you!!! :)

SamS_TTCPink
April 3rd, 2014, 05:36 PM
Thats a great sway Lilith, I don't know what you're worried about! 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flowerlily
April 3rd, 2014, 05:43 PM
Thats a great sway Lilith, I don't know what you're worried about! 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus it's a 'pink' month!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

aidansmum
April 3rd, 2014, 06:39 PM
Keeping everything crossed you hear pink! x

Mulberry Smurf
April 3rd, 2014, 06:43 PM
Super looking sway lets hope for a happy healthy little one :) with a pink bow on top would be the icing on the cake! Xx

WillowsGirl
April 3rd, 2014, 07:47 PM
Congrats! What a great sway!

kitkat18
April 3rd, 2014, 08:28 PM
Awesome sway lillith you gave it your all!! Xx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

angielorna
April 3rd, 2014, 10:41 PM
I admire your dedication to your sway! Really hoping you get to have the daughter your heart desires.
Can't wait till you find out!!!
Angie

stephk
April 4th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Looks like a brilliant sway, you really could not have done more. Congrats on the BFP and healthy pink dust x

LilithWiser1979
April 4th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the congratulations and well-wishes, everyone!

You'd think, after poring through so many of the previous sway attempts, that I'd have noticed that most other women post how their sway was different than their normal life/previous conceptions.

Normally I'm in the gym, at high intensity and for muscle-building, 3-4 days a week. I usually eat meat twice a day, snack or graze all day long, and NEVER skip breakfast, often snack before bed, usually 2500 calories per day. As stated in previous threads, I usually O at least 4-6 times a week, and with all previous pregnancies, had an O before and after attempt. I've never tried one attempt before. Both DS's were the result of twice a day BD, and I've also conceived DTD 3 days in a row.

I'm a mega-Martha who did her best to tone it down, but I am who I am.

Overall, this sway is about as opposite my previous conceptions and my normal life as I can get! If this didn't get me a girl, I simply can't make one, LOL!

stephk
April 4th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Sounds like we will hear pink :)

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Huge congrats, it looks great!!

haymon2and1
April 4th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Looks incredible!!! Congrats! Do you mind if I ask..what were your main foods you ate? And did you do 3 meals a day? About what times were they? I'm sorry for all the ?s :-)

LilithWiser1979
April 4th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I ate 2-3 meals a day, but had 2-3 cups of coffee with either sugarfree Coffeemate or Splenda sweetener and 1/2 cup whole milk in the morning. First meal was often 11 am, since we eat dinner by 6:30 pm. I ate a lot of steamed broccoli, steamed asparagus, roasted cauliflower and roasted brussels sprouts, iceberg lettuce salads and cucumbers. Gave up nuts completely. I ate a few strawberries, an occasional apple or pear, cantaloupe ****s, and bananas or avocado when my potassium was particularly low, but overall, very little fruit. Most days, one of my meals was a Thai Kitchen instant rice noodle lunch without the oil packet and a side salad with goddess dressing. Low protein, less than 300 calories, and it filled me up! I ate a lot of vegan BLT's on whole wheat bread (with vegan bacon) to satisfy meat cravings. I made "pizzas" by spreading a sugarless marinara sauce on a whole wheat pita, topping it with 1/4 cup part-skim mozzerella (and, when I had a meat craving, vegan sausage fried in margarine) and popped the whole thing in the toaster oven. I also made "LE alfredo" by putting low fat cream cheese and parmesan over whole wheat noodles and adding artichoke hearts and steamed broccoli to fill it out. My "second meal" was often just a glorified snack just to get me through to dinner. 3 cups of air-popped popcorn, a slice of toast with margarine, a rice cake with low fat cream cheese, or a piece of fruit and a salad. I also really got into baked potatoes towards the end of my sway. A small red baked potato with 1 tsp margarine and 1 tablespoon sour cream was surprisingly filling!

As you can see, I did NOT watch my salt. I think that's what made this doable for me. I REALLY hope it pays off!

LilithWiser1979
April 4th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Oh, almost forgot... also had beer or wine every night before I ate. Supposedly, this keeps your blood sugar unnaturally low, so I figured it couldn't hurt. I also eat less when I have a buzz on! LOL!

haymon2and1
April 4th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Hahaha! Thank you for all that info!! I feel like I'm eating way too much food but it always comes out to about 1500 calories and the lower end of fat/protein. I will have a tortilla and beans, bread and cheese, a bagel and cream cheese and just be stuffed..and that's including a little veggies and fruit! I feel like I'm doing something wrong haha

LilithWiser1979
April 4th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Yup, that's how I felt a lot of the time. STUFFED, and under calories, LOL! You're not alone.

momto4boyz
April 5th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Congrats, looks great! hope you get your girl :)

haymon2and1
April 6th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Just out of curiosity.. Did you not eat a lot of fruit bc of its nutrition or did you just prefer more veggies? I love fruit and have to make myself eat some vegetables haha but not sure if fruit is more "nutritional" and maybe I should cut back..

Houseofblue
April 6th, 2014, 03:11 PM
AWESOME sway Lilith, hope it's your pinky!!!!! :) :) :)

LilithWiser1979
April 6th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I avoided fruit because it wasn't a free food like low carb veggies are, and because I generally didn't have any room for them after bowls of brown rice and cheese or a vegan-meat sandwich. I just wasn't really craving sugar. I was craving MEAT! Ah, it's so nice to snack and eat pork ribs and steak again!!

haymon2and1
April 6th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Haha! I'm so jealous!!!

maidentomother
April 6th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Fabulous sway - you really did do everything you could. I enjoyed reading about your diet, too. I have a very good feeling about you!

odd
April 6th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Fab sway..congratulations :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

marriedmomof2
April 7th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Congrats!! Great sway!

carmella_marie
April 23rd, 2014, 05:48 PM
GOOD LUCK! I've got everything crossed for you, you've worked so hard you deserve to hear pink!

Rmarie
April 28th, 2014, 11:24 PM
I see you have chitosan & fiber listed did you take chitosan & drink Metamucil? & what chitosan brand & dosage did you use?

txmomof3beautifulboys
April 29th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Good Luck, Good Luck, Good Luck!!!

LilithWiser1979
April 29th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I took the cheap brand of Chitosan from Sprouts market ($30 for two big bottles) and I doubled the dosage (two pills 20 minutes before a meal) because they looked really unlikely to be particularly absorbent. I used chitosan before one meal and Metamucil before the other meal or two. So I never doubled up and used both at the same time.

3girl
May 16th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Late congrats! Hope you hear girl! I'm counting down the days till my sway because I miss eating snacks and breakfast!

myurkanin817
May 18th, 2014, 06:57 PM
When do you find out? (Sorry if I missed it somewhere)

LilithWiser1979
May 20th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I haven't found out yet. I called Natera today, and they said I'll find out sometime between this afternoon and the end of the day on the 23rd. I am completely on pins and needles waiting! Ugh, need to find something to keep my mind off it, but it seems like every show I watch has babies and everyplace I go there are babies. Wish I could just go to sleep and wake up to results!!

WantingPink
May 20th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Sorry you haven't heard yet Lilith!! I keep waiting for your update... hopefully it will be this afternoon!!

3girl
May 20th, 2014, 10:06 PM
I have my fingers crossed for you! How far along are you now?

coocoobananas
May 21st, 2014, 05:57 PM
Congrats on your girl! I kept seeing posts here and there about awaiting your results, so happy for you that you heard what you wanted to hear:)

carmella_marie
May 21st, 2014, 06:06 PM
You deserve that girl honey, you swayed your ass off!!!

LilithWiser1979
May 21st, 2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks so much! I'm still reeling from the news, and deliriously happy. I'm 10w 3d today. SO awesome to know the gender so early! I hope everyone gets what tey want. This feeling is amazing :3kids:

txmomof3beautifulboys
May 21st, 2014, 07:21 PM
Time to change your signature!! Beyond happy for you, lady!!! What a relief to not have to wait and wonder any longer. Now...get on that pink shopping spree!!!:flowerz::celebrate:

LilithWiser1979
May 21st, 2014, 07:48 PM
I have to admit that I'm still afraid to buy pink. I know it sounds lame and paranoid, but I'm going to wait until I see my nice, flat 13w 3d nub at my ultrasound in a few weeks. I've talked to other moms who had gender disappointment and finally got their DG who said the same thing. It's hard to believe it's actually happening after all this time and you keep looking for more and more confirmation that you're not dreaming! My sway was pretty good, so I *think* I'll be comfortable shopping after that NT scan, but we'll just have to wait and see if that's the case. In the meantime, I'm happy to FINALLY get to browse the adorable little girl pintrest boards and look for a nice bamboo or linen wrap for wearing my new, 99% confirmed, baby girl.

atomic sagebrush
May 21st, 2014, 09:59 PM
LOL I can't get over you guys and your distrust in the blood tests!!! ultrasounds are SOOO unreliable! You are having a GIRL!! :) huge congrats!

3girl
May 22nd, 2014, 02:18 AM
Congrats!!!!! Woohoo!!

Little Lunasa
May 22nd, 2014, 02:26 AM
Congrats!!! Believe in the blood tests, I'm a radiographer and I can confirm that ultrasounds are ALWAYS open to error as they are operator dependent.
Enjoy your pink bundle :)

essnce629
May 22nd, 2014, 02:35 AM
Congrats again Lilith! You had an awesome sway! Go ahead and start the girl shopping!!!!

Marika
May 22nd, 2014, 03:33 AM
Congratulations Lillith!!

stephk
May 22nd, 2014, 03:37 AM
Congrats - so happy to hear you are getting your DD :)

foxymrsg
May 22nd, 2014, 05:03 AM
Lilith I have just cried happy tears for you I am so so pleased i have been wishing for you to hear pink especially after your awesome sway! Congrats!! x

foxymrsg
May 22nd, 2014, 05:10 AM
Can I ask a cheeky question please? I know DH didn't change his diet or anything can I just ask does he wear tighty whities or boxers? I KNOW this is where I'm going to struggle with DH so wondered if it had made any difference to you at all? Thank you! :happy:

girliedreamz
May 22nd, 2014, 10:57 AM
So thrilled for you! I know you had such stress around dtd, so I'm super psyched you got your girl. Congrats!!!

WantingPink
May 22nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
Huge congrats Lilith!! So happy for you!! I waited to do any pink shopping until I got a gender scan at 15 weeks so I understand where you are coming from. I am so happy your sway worked!! Great sway and you deserve it!!

LilithWiser1979
May 22nd, 2014, 11:16 AM
I know I'm being silly wanting to see MORE gender confirmation, and I'm pretty confident in it. I think I'm more of the mindset of having a baby a decade ago. You know, when, even if you had a CVS, this is the absolute EARLIEST you could know.

I compare it to when ultrasound that was good enough to determine gender came out. Most women were skeptical, and afraid to trust it. Now, we take for granted that our 20 week scans will tell us gender. I think the mindset over gender blood tests will be that way in a few years :)

DH wears boxers, but he works out for an hour and a half 5 days a week, and wears boxer briefs during that time. He did this same thing when we conceived DS2, so it's not a magic bullet, but then again, nothing is!

DH's still reeling (and PISSED that we'll have a newborn during our yearly cabin trip!) but I think he'll calm down in the next couple of days. I'm still in shock, but SUPER happy :)

haymon2and1
May 22nd, 2014, 11:21 AM
Congrats!!!! So exciting!! Can I ask how strict you were about cheats and snacking? I'm having issues with these :-( boo. And also..did you eat 3 meals?

LilithWiser1979
May 22nd, 2014, 11:41 AM
I cheated once every couple of weeks or so. Mostly when I couldn't avoid it because we were going out with people who didn't know I was swaying or when I couldn't stop dreaming about ribs or BBQ! My cheats were RED MEAT! I got all the sugar, alcohol and starch I wanted through LE without going off the diet, so it was easy to control my cravings for everything else. I also chose not to watch salt At ALL and that made it totally doable. I ate a lot of instant noodles, which I love, and are low calorie if you get rice noodle ones.

I only ate 3 meals a day for the last 8 weeks. My second "meal" was like a snack. A couple cups of popcorn and an apple or a cup of soup or a beer and piece of toast. Just something to tide me over until dinner.

foxymrsg
May 23rd, 2014, 04:23 AM
I know I'm being silly wanting to see MORE gender confirmation, and I'm pretty confident in it. I think I'm more of the mindset of having a baby a decade ago. You know, when, even if you had a CVS, this is the absolute EARLIEST you could know.

I compare it to when ultrasound that was good enough to determine gender came out. Most women were skeptical, and afraid to trust it. Now, we take for granted that our 20 week scans will tell us gender. I think the mindset over gender blood tests will be that way in a few years :)

DH wears boxers, but he works out for an hour and a half 5 days a week, and wears boxer briefs during that time. He did this same thing when we conceived DS2, so it's not a magic bullet, but then again, nothing is!

DH's still reeling (and PISSED that we'll have a newborn during our yearly cabin trip!) but I think he'll calm down in the next couple of days. I'm still in shock, but SUPER happy :)

That's great thank you! Just so I know not to get hung up if DH really doesn't want to wear the briefs as I really want to be relaxed and knowing this will help! Think I just want to make sure all my bases are covered but so don't want to become a Martha! lol!

myurkanin817
May 30th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Omg congrats!!!!!! :):):ballerina:

maidentomother
May 30th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Huge congrats! Although I am not surprised at all, I felt sure you would get your girl. :)

missxo143
May 30th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Congratulations! ! Great sway!! Thank you for sharing

3girl
May 30th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Did you have to pay for your Panarama test out of pocket? I know my insurance won't cover it, but I don't want to pay a fortune for it! Just planning ahead. =)

LilithWiser1979
May 31st, 2014, 12:21 PM
Call Natera, the company that makes Panorama, and ask how much their uninsured rate is. I think it's about $200. Insurance covered it for me because I turned 35 before my due date (advanced maternal age.)

3girl
June 1st, 2014, 12:51 AM
Thank you, I will do that after I get a BFP whenever that may be.