PDA

View Full Version : Timing again!!!!!!

swish
June 23rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
I'm on cd 14, I think I'll ovulate on cd 19, is it ok to dtd on cd 17 and 18 to give myself more of a chance of getting pregnant or does this in some way sway boy? Should I just stick to original plan of dtd on just day 18? I'm just worried that this has such little chance of success! We have been doing frequent release since the start of af.

zanacal
June 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
I'd say it's fine swish, so long as DH is releasing every day 'somehow' and has already been doing that for at least 7 days before your first attempt. We're going to do the same as I just don't think there's much chance of getting pregnant with all the other stuff we're doing if we only DTD once and not even during ovulation.

swish
June 24th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Thank you, zanacal, that was my thought too! The closer ingot, the more I feel anxious that it won't happen and I'll have to be on this diet for another 5 weeks

Mochagirl
June 24th, 2011, 06:08 AM
DH and I ended up dtd (unprotected) 6 nights in a row because O ended up coming 2 days late. I wanted lots of insurance that we'd get pregnant since I'm getting older and we're already doing so much to make it hard to get pregnant, so I didn't want to leave it up to one chance. I think your instinct is right to do it more than once.

swish
June 24th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Thank you! Now just have to hope I don't ovulate while dh is away thus weekend!!! Fx!!!

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I'm on cd 14, I think I'll ovulate on cd 19, is it ok to dtd on cd 17 and 18 to give myself more of a chance of getting pregnant or does this in some way sway boy? Should I just stick to original plan of dtd on just day 18? I'm just worried that this has such little chance of success! We have been doing frequent release since the start of af.

I think that is just fine, although technically the day before O is "boy territory". You are already doing a lot of other things to sway.