PDA

View Full Version : Peppermint tea and/or saw palmetto?

jd03pd
June 24th, 2011, 09:52 AM
So, ladies, what is the word on peppermint tea? Should it be used alone? Would just saw palmetto be better, or would a combination of the two be really good?

I haven't taken temps...so I dunno if peppermint tea makes my temps go lower. Should I attempt this and see?

swish
June 24th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I don't know about temps but from what I've read, saw palmetto will lower your testosterone and 3 strong cups of peppermint tea is a gentler version. I think you can do both but I'm not sure!!! Also my temps definately got lower the first cycle of swaying but why this was I don't know, I was drinking alot of peppermint tea but I had also changed alot of other things too

Mochagirl
June 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM
One of the reasons I finally started Saw Palmetto was so I could stop worrying about having to drink peppermint tea all day! It was such a relief to drop that since I'd always forget till the end of the day and then end up choking down 3 cups at once. I'm pretty sure you can do both, but you probably wouldn't want to have 3 cups a day if you did that.

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2011, 08:31 AM
So, ladies, what is the word on peppermint tea? Should it be used alone? Would just saw palmetto be better, or would a combination of the two be really good?

I haven't taken temps...so I dunno if peppermint tea makes my temps go lower. Should I attempt this and see?

I think saw palmetto is WAY more effective than peppermint tea. Also, pep tea may make estrogen rise as it makes testosterone go down, which some evidence indicates may sway blue.

Don't mix the two because some of the ways they work are in opposition.

Indira
July 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
From March untill May I drank peppermint tea and my cycles were really short, 24 days.
I really liked that but now Iīm taking saw palmetto and it delays O, this month I had a cycle of 31 days.
Thatīs annoying but I think it may mean my hormones are better now and that before the peppermint tea alone perhaps made my estrogen rise, so thatīs why I ovulated easily and early in the cycle. Donīt know if that makes sense. Also, I noticed that peppermint tea makes me have more CM, before and after ovulation, making it harder to understand when I O.
So this month Iīm only taking SP.

rainbowflower
July 3rd, 2011, 05:54 AM
I'm still BF so I'm going to stick to the peppermint tea as I'm not prepared to take any risks

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2011, 11:39 AM
From March untill May I drank peppermint tea and my cycles were really short, 24 days.
I really liked that but now Iīm taking saw palmetto and it delays O, this month I had a cycle of 31 days.
Thatīs annoying but I think it may mean my hormones are better now and that before the peppermint tea alone perhaps made my estrogen rise, so thatīs why I ovulated easily and early in the cycle. Donīt know if that makes sense. Also, I noticed that peppermint tea makes me have more CM, before and after ovulation, making it harder to understand when I O.
So this month Iīm only taking SP.

No, that makes total sense to me! Thanks for sharing your experience!!