PDA

View Full Version : Riddle Me This

nuthinbutpink
January 3rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
I like riddles. Thought I would post one and see if you can guess the answer. We'll start with a simple one:

A father and son and driving on a windy road. The dad loses control of the car and it tumbles down a hill and the car is wrecked. The father is killed and his son is critically injured. The paramedics come and pull the boy out and deliver him to the hospital where he undergoes surgery.

The doctor on call begins to operate but suddenly stops and backs away from the boy and declares, "I cannot operate on this boy for he is my son." How is that possible?

grits
January 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Because the dr is a GIRL, his MOM!

FWIW, I usually suck at riddles. This one struck me because I'm in the process of writing the medical school to tell them to un-defer me since I'm a loser and won't be starting this fall.

Mommies can be drs, too. (just not this mommy. ha!)

nuthinbutpink
January 3rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
too easy...

you'd be surprised though how many can't get it!

grits
January 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Ha! That's exactly my family make up as well so of course in my mind's eye I see sweet DH and DS cruising along in that car and I was all "Nooooo..." when they lose control of the car. I could totally spin this into an omen telling me NOT to go to medical school.

Me and my imagination. I'm a NUT!

december
January 3rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Too easy! Next. ;)

I LOVE riddles!

Gus
January 3rd, 2011, 04:40 PM
One of my favorites: The bus you're driving holds 13 people. John, Larry and Sally get on at the first stop. At the second stop, Bob and Martha get on, and John gets off. All 4 people stay on through the next 2 stops, and at the third stop Chris, Michael and Beth get on, and Larry and Bob get off. What is the name of the bus driver?

Gus
January 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM
And the one I've used to stump all of my kids:

A huge jet carrying 244 German people crashes on the US/Canadian border, with exactly half of the dead on the US side and half on the Canadian side. On which side do you bury the survivors?

GDControl
January 3rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
For the bus, OK...I actually started writing everything down until...I feel stupid:)

The next one I got!

GDControl
January 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Someone at a party introduces you to your mother's only sister's husband's sister in law. He has no brothers. What do you call this lady?

Persuing Lacey
January 4th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Ummm, me?

Gus
January 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Mom!

winogurl
January 12th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Bus: You're driving the bus :)

Plane crash: You don't bury survivors!

Mother's sister's husband's....you lost me LOL.

grasshopper
January 12th, 2011, 12:29 AM
What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?

mybluepilot
January 12th, 2011, 01:23 AM
What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?

Postage stamp :) I LOVE GOOGLE lololol :)

xnicolax
January 12th, 2011, 04:21 AM
2 mothers and 2 daughters went out shopping one day. They stopped at a bakery to buy cream cakes. The bought 3 and they all had 1 each, how?

nuthinbutpink
January 12th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Postage stamp :) I LOVE GOOGLE lololol :)

You can't use google! Google knows everything!

nuthinbutpink
January 12th, 2011, 08:16 AM
xnicolax-Grandmother, Mother, Daughter :) That's a good one!

xnicolax
January 12th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I cant believe you got it that quick. It took me forever to get that one, lol