PDA

View Full Version : Due in December 2014 - Jan/Feb 2015

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

LilithWiser1979
June 12th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Congrats Rosie!!! So happy to have you back! Hopefully this one's sticky and pink.

MumofSix, I believe you, but I never count a mama out until AF shows. FX for you :)

I'm definitely showing now, and not in a cute way. I love how comfortable second trimester is, but I hate that it's when I look just fat, not pregnant. Time for maternity clothes!

sweetdream
June 12th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Yeah! Rosie! Congrats!

Mum(sending you a virtual hug) hope you have a BFP soon.

Lillith!! Picture? Love belly shots can you feel her already? I can't wait to feel the baby.

kitkat18
June 12th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Sorry mum of six maybe we will be due date buddies for march!! FX xxx hope you eating chocolate and getting hugs, dreaming so happy baby dreaming is happy and snuggly xxx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Abifasc
June 12th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Congrats Rosie!! Did you change your sway at all this time?

Sorry mum! Mayb you'll get a March baby. Fx for you!

Rosie85
June 12th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Abi- I had loosened up the diet quite a bit. I ate more fat and protein but still kept lower than my usual boy ways and I still ate way less calories. Dh stopped licorice root and we didn't do antihistamines. I also took more fiber this time. Everything else was similar. I was working out like crazy and being vigilant about blood sugar. Oh I drank more alcohol too! Haha

sweetdream
June 12th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Sounds very good rosie!

belledandy
June 12th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Congrats Rosie! Welcome back! Your BFP sway sounds a little similar to mine.. On our 7th cycle, I eased up on the diet too AND actually drank alcohol, lol. I heard it is a blood thinner and may help the fertilized egg stick (and it's more or less girl friendly?) Good luck on that girl too.

Mumofsix, hopefully soon, like next cycle for you. Good luck!!!

BunnyGirl19
June 12th, 2014, 10:48 PM
I decided I'll join this thread, due December 13, 2014. We're hoping for a girl but staying team surprise. My last scan was at 10w4d so there was no nub to see yet. I did just get my blood test results back that said girl, but since I'm on injectable anticoagulants I've been told to take the results with a grain of salt because the medication interferes with its accuracy. I'm not planning to find out with my anatomy scan though. DH swears it's a girl, but I've had no gut feelings so far. He's been right with two of our three kids, although I don't recall him saying one way or the other DS2 so he could have been right all the time. I definitely had things working in my favor for a girl this time. I started LE diet in January. I then lost my job in February so I was feeling pretty depressed and not eating much, frequently skipping breakfast and lunch. I pretty much only ate dinner and I was drinking a couple drinks every night (alcohol blocks absorption of vitamins and nutrients) when I rarely had any before like maybe a drink a month. I can't say my health was too great either. I had a bad allergic reaction in February and again in March. I was put on multiple medications to treat it (two different antihistamines and doxepin again). Then in the four to five days before ovulation I came down with a bad cold for which I took max doses of pseudoephedrine, Delsym, and Benadryl which I was still taking for the allergic reaction that hadn't fully cleared. Hopefully all that works to my advantage considering we conceived the weekend of our wedding and that would be an awesome wedding present.

flowerlily
June 13th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Wohoo Rosie, welcome back and congrats on the BFP! :fx: it's a sticky pink bean for you! I've added you to the list.:)

MumofSix, I agree with what others said, you are not out until AF shows!

BunnyGirl19, welcome to the due date thread and congrats! I've added you to the list too.
You definitely have a good shot at your pink bundle;)

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Yahmama
June 13th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Congrats, Rosie! And welcome, bunny girl!
I just saw a friend post this on fb and had to share here bc it's such a cute video. This woman tricked her family telling them she was having a boy when she knew it was really a girl. The last 6 grandkids had been boys so she wanted to surprise them at birth. How cute! http://gracevine.christiantoday.com/video/mom-with-a-new-born-baby-kept-a-secret-to-surprise-family-watch-what-made-them-stunned-1562

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SamS_TTCPink
June 13th, 2014, 08:50 PM
AF arrived! 😞

Marika
June 14th, 2014, 02:03 AM
Oh, so sorry Mum :(

LilithWiser1979
June 14th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Aw, Mum! I sincerely hope this upcoming cycle is the one for you. You are missed.

MyByC
June 14th, 2014, 06:11 PM
I'm sooo sorry mom....

angielorna
June 14th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Mum, that sucks.

I know it's irrational, but AF is due tomorrow and despite all the pos tests and my first hcg draw coming back, I'm nervous about "what if she shows "! So many people have chemicals or mc (I've had 3), I'm a little jumpy about it. Just wanted to share that.
Angie

SamS_TTCPink
June 14th, 2014, 09:31 PM
It's understandable you have those fears Angie. I think after a loss, or 3 in your case, it's going to be hard to "relax" until that baby is in your arms.

kitkat18
June 15th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Sending sticky bean vibes Angie xx

daisymoo
June 15th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Hey girls hope everyone is feeling good I haven't been on in about two weeks Got a new phone and had no internet!! Been trying to read all posts but I know I'll never catch up on all of them Missed so much Odd so sorry to hear of your loss Hope you're ok and hope to see you back here very soon Take care of yourself Rosie Huge congrats! So happy for you! That's fab news You are one fertile woman!!
Welcome to all the new ladies and hope everyone else is feeling good
I'm just starting week 10 and feeling sick most days the joys! Just delighted to be pregnant though so don't mind at all Anyone have gender scans coming up soon? Excuse me if you have already posted this but I'm trying to read through as many posts as I can Great to be back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daisymoo
June 15th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Sorry hotdogz for your loss too hon Hope to see you back here real soon Take care x

Rosie85
June 17th, 2014, 10:16 AM
This thread is soooo quiet!! Come on ladies!

I have to admit I've been avoiding it a bit I'm scared to get excited for this pregnancy and I don't even talk about it with my husband. I feel a lot more pregnant than my last one I lost but my guard is up for sure. Hoping after I pass this friday..The day I lost baby last time I will start to feel better.

Abifasc
June 17th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I wish this thread was more active too. I'm sorry for all your losses everyone. I'm 6w2d and feeling ok. Haven't been to the doctor yet but I'm very anxious to go.

Rosie85
June 17th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I have my appointment set for July 8th for paperwork and such and then the 15th is my first doctor visit..well midwife actually. We had moved this last year and I'm going to a new clinic...I hope I like it there.

daisymoo
June 17th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Rosie I'm sure everything will be 100% this time around As you said you feel more pregnant this time. Try and relax and hopefully you'll start to enjoy your pregnancy soon
My ultrasound is 10th July Can't wait just to see if all is ok and to see if it's just one!!

dreamingofwin
June 17th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I have been a bit awol so busy we're selling our house and trying to find a new one but can't find one we like! That and my accident I've not been around. Sorry if I've missed things I've not read through yet.

I have my 12 week scan in the morning!! Excited as it'll be public news after that which is hood as I am expanding! X

BunnyGirl19
June 17th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I'm still anxious about the pregnancy. I'm not far enough along to feel movements yet and I've had 7 miscarriages due to a blood clotting disorder. Hopefully I'll feel better after my appointment on Friday.

belledandy
June 17th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Hi ladies, same here.. Just bought a house last week but it's not closing til mid August and in my 10th week, still feeling kind of queasy with little energy and sleepiness throughout the day. I took a Verifi test yesterday, so results should be ready next week. Feeling nervous and anxious!

Rosie, hope all is well and you can relax more as time goes by. Hope your new clinic and doctor/midwife is good! Makes all the difference during those 9 months.

Dreamingofwin, good luck on that house search. We finally found a house after a year and half of actively searching. So glad no more open houses to attend.

Bunnygirl, hope your appointment goes well this Friday. Is it your first ultrasound for this pregnancy?

Prayingpink
June 17th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Congrats to all the new bfps :) so exciting to see! I haven't been around as much as I'd like to. this pregnancy has been a difficult one so far. I had really bad morning sickness the first 13 weeks and still feel weird after eating. Then I've also been dealing with high blood pressure that has put me in the hospital once already. We are still trying to find the cause of it. I'm also having awful migraines with the high blood pressure. And now just found out I have a low laying placenta but hopefully that will resolve itself soon as I'm only 15.5 weeks. I'm going to try to be more active in this group now as I have really been wanting to but just felt like all I had was complaints but I realize I'm not complaining just discussing lol.

LilithWiser1979
June 17th, 2014, 10:28 PM
I agree, it's too quiet here!

I think it's been hard to be vocal because I've been deliriously happy with my healthy girl, and the rash of miscarriages has been both sad and sobering. I almost feel like posting happily on here is rubbing it in for the ladies who just had losses, and I'd never want to make them feel worse than they already do. I also kind of feel like shouting out how happy I am about all this is tempting fate a bit (silly, I know!) I'm 14 1/2 weeks now, so I'm over the hump where most miscarriages occur, and my ultrasounds have looked great, but still, things happen!

I'm reluctant to post a bump pic because I seriously just look fat. I'm carrying her super low, and it's not the cute "out in front bump" I had with my boys. It's just a general thickening of my waist that is desperately unattractive. It probably doesn't help that I had another 10 lbs to lose before my BFP.

I'm excited to hear the blood test gender results rolling in, and the nub guessing in our group has been fun too.

Welcome to all the newbies! May we all get our DG!

SamS_TTCPink
June 18th, 2014, 01:57 AM
Awww....Lilith, it's so nice of you to worry about us all but feel free to shout out!! Although I'm insanely jealous, I'm also super happy for all the BFPs and pink news!! 😊

It's like keeping my dream alive through you all. 😉

Hopefully we will all be able to shout out our own successful pink news too soon! 👍💜

BunnyGirl19
June 18th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Hi ladies, same here.. Just bought a house last week but it's not closing til mid August and in my 10th week, still feeling kind of queasy with little energy and sleepiness throughout the day. I took a Verifi test yesterday, so results should be ready next week. Feeling nervous and anxious!

Rosie, hope all is well and you can relax more as time goes by. Hope your new clinic and doctor/midwife is good! Makes all the difference during those 9 months.

Dreamingofwin, good luck on that house search. We finally found a house after a year and half of actively searching. So glad no more open houses to attend.

Bunnygirl, hope your appointment goes well this Friday. Is it your first ultrasound for this pregnancy?

I've had two scans already this pregnancy as I'm due 12/13/14. So far things have looked good, but that's no guarantee of anything for me. I'm not sure if I'll have another scan this appointment or not. I get them almost every appointment though. I'm also trying to decide if I want to start progesterone shots to try to prevent preterm labor as 2/3 of my kids were 35 weekers. I just don't want to pay $50-ish a week for something that will be of little benefit, but then I have the what-ifs like I might go much earlier this time. Just a lot of stuff I'm probably unnecessarily worrying about.

Marika
June 18th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Lillith: just as Mum said - feel free to shout out! You give us hope and I am so happy for you!

I hope this thread will be more active as a little more time goes by. I have not been very active here and when thinking of it I believe it might be because I am a afraid of starting to dream and plan for this baby. I am terrified that things will go wrong; afraid of chromosomal defects, heart defects and of course m/c. So to protect myself I kind of see myself as pregnant, but not necessarily due with a child in feb. I might sound crazy, but I think I am doing this since last pregnancy wasn't too long ago.

After having my first scans done and eventually seeing if everything looks ok, I'll probably start spamming the thread instead :-)

kitkat18
June 18th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Just dropping in to say hi ladies!!
As mum said all the BFP and pink bundles give us ttc crew hope!!
Hope a few more of us join you here soon.
Rosie, Angie and marika thinking of you guys especially praying all is happy, healthy and sticky pink beans xxxx

Rosie85
June 18th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Do you ladies think it's a bad sign if I am feeling a little less sick than I did those first days? I also haven't had the urgency to pee a lot this time. I know it's bad to symptom watch and stress about it but it's hard not to. I'm not even the least bit excited for this pregnancy yet. The last day.or so I haven't been cramping anymore either so now I feel this pregnancy is doomed.

sweetdream
June 18th, 2014, 09:53 AM
I feel less sick. I was nauscea at time in the third week. and now almost never. I'm 5 weeks now. Just feeling stretchy. or something. and bit tired. but I feel very well still. (by the middle 2 I was already sick. but around 6 weeks it's the worst.. so I'm not cheering yet!)

I'm worried too. for not feeling much.. thinking about all the MC.... (not mine. but read them a lot here. :() keep this in mind for myself...

10th july I've got my first ultrasound and appointment.

Rosie85
June 18th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I am hoping I am like you then and it's gone away and it will come back! I doubt I could ever have a pregnancy without morning sickness knowing how bad it's always been with my others.

sisterplease
June 18th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Just popping on to reassure...I had 4 boys and each pregnancy got worse in terms of sickness. The 4th was so bad I dreaded ever getting pregnant again. Then felt the familiar sick feelings and found out number 5 was on the way when I was only 3 weeks along (the earliest I've ever found out/felt symptoms). Knowing the worst of the sickness would show its ugly head at the 6 week mark, I braced myself...and the worst never came! Rather than get worse, I felt better and better. So of course, I worried. But everything progressed nicely and I didn't have any symptoms of sickness the whole way through. This pregnancy resulted in my 1st daughter!
I've since had another son and knew from the 6 week mark that he was a boy because my sickness just got worse. So I went from having the BEST pregnancy to the worst ever ever ever. In my case, lack of sickness is definitely a girl sign!!

Rosie85
June 18th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Wow Sister!! I hope my story turns out just like yours! I felt sick earlier than ever this time and with my loss too. I just feel a little nauseous now but it's not horrible at all. My sickness normally hits hard around 6 weeks so I'm dreading it.

Rosie85
June 18th, 2014, 10:47 AM

I have been using an opk every few days. The bottom is today's and the top is sunday. This makes me feel pretty good.

sisterplease
June 18th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I know others with similar stories to mine, so it definitely looks promising for you Rosie!! Hope you have a happy, healthy little girl on board :-)
It's hard, but try not to stress. When is your first scan?

sisterplease
June 18th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't understand how OPKs are relevant in detecting pregnancy/hormones, etc? I've seen so many posts regarding this recently I just thought I'd ask!!

Rosie85
June 18th, 2014, 10:54 AM
I have no clue! It's a new clinic to me so I have no idea how they run things. I don't think I will get a dating scan since I was using opks. ..The lady on the phone had asked if I did since.i never had a period in between my loss and current pregnancy. Most places around here only scan at 20 weeks. We are planning on team green anyway. I am interested in the 13 weeks scan though. I've never done it before.

Rosie85
June 18th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't understand how OPKs are relevant in detecting pregnancy/hormones, etc? I've seen so many posts regarding this recently I just thought I'd ask!!

Opks also detect hcg. I saw a gradual darkening in mine since 6dpo and it was positve at the same time as an hpt. They should never replace hpts though.

sweetdream
June 18th, 2014, 10:58 AM
OPK also detect HCG. I've done the same. No line not pg and as days increase very fat line! But only at the time when pg tests also detect. But I run out of these (did have BFP!) but had OPK left over so used them for reinsurrance

belledandy
June 18th, 2014, 11:54 AM
oooh, sisterplease, you give me hope! i've only been having mild nausea with bouts of ickiness, much less than my two sons so far, so that gives me hope that i'm carrying my pink bean!

LilithWiser1979
June 18th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Marika, I could have written your last post at the beginning of this pregnancy. I had decided I wasn't "really pregnant" until I found out all was okay. The Panorama results were almost completely reassuring, and the 13 week NT scan finished the job for me. It's a bit like waking up to be 13 weeks pregnant! I wouldn't let myself post here/look at this website much, stayed away from the baby section in stores, and even stayed away from the baby development tickers and stuff. After my scan, I told my boys and showed them pictures of what their sister should look like online and from the book "A Child is Born."

This pregnancy was my mildest MS ever. No puking, just mild nausea when I didn't eat ever couple of hours and and a weird aversion to anything green! And yes, that started at about 3 1/2 weeks. But my first symptom was a horrific low back ache!

Now I still haven't bought a single article of clothing. I'm not doubting anymore that I'm having a DD, but I'm just not really into the clothes as much as some other people. It's more the knowing that I CAN buy them, than the act of acquiring them that makes me happy. Besides, I have no idea how much stuff I'll be getting at my baby shower, and really ALL I need is clothes, so I'm waiting.

Rosie, how old are you? All the insurances I've dealt with offered the 12-13 week NT scan for everyone and the cell-free fetal DNA test for women over 35, but my SIL just told me they gave her a choice, and she's only 30. Sometimes midwives don't necessarily order all the testing an OB would (mine offered only a couple things like gestational diabetes test and urine screenings every visit and I had to request everything else.)

Rosie85
June 18th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I am going to be 29 soon. My old clinic I know the nuchal screening was always an option...One I always turned down being so young. This time I want it because of swaying...I'm concerned I hurt the quality of my eggs and such. Does that sound silly? Like you lilith I don't think I will be into this pregnancy until 13 weeks...I will feel safe then. Normally when I'm pregnant it's all Dh and I talk about and we are so excited but I rarely mention anything with this pregnancy and probably wont anytime soon. I refuse to get my hopes up...same with the gender. I'm doing team green. I picked a name for each sex and that's where it ends.

angielorna
June 18th, 2014, 03:27 PM
I totally guarding yourself against a loss. I've been doing though I keep reminding myself I should enjoy what I have while I have it. It's not really working. I have zero symptoms (except that I feel like I'm about to have AF -- not crampy, just full and achy). No ms except for that one day. A little tired at the end of each day, but that's to be expected (work full time, 2 young children, university course).

BUT....my 1st hcg draw was 122 (june 11).
My second (2 days after) was 273 (june 13).
So according to that, I'm doubling approx every 41 hours.
My progesterone is 113 (which seems to be really high).

So I think that's ok. My dr is still having me go for blood draw evey 3 days (which is a pain in the arm...I have bad veins) to ensure everything keeps rising as it should...so hopefully that will help to reassure me.

There's my random post of the day :)
Angie

sisterplease
June 18th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Great thank you!! Going to try an Opk for fun as I'm only 9dpo :-)
The 2ww is awful. Rosie, hope you get an earlier scan!

Rosie85
June 18th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Your blood work looks great Angie. I wish they would have drawn mine. I am doing my own testing with the opks...haha, they have been twice as dark as the last every couple days but now they are almost black so I won't be able to keep going with it.

You should post your opk result sister!!

BunnyGirl19
June 18th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I use First Response OPKs and the test lines were stark white when I was pregnant with my boys. I had lines, but not positives, with my girl. I'm curious about what they'd say this time.

Rosie85
June 18th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Crazy bunny. Maybe its only the cheapies that work for it??

coocoobananas
June 18th, 2014, 05:49 PM
You're going team green Rosie?? I'm starting to crack!!! I keep reminding myself that if I hear boy, I'll be sad and so I shouldn't! I think I've just really convinced myself that I'll hear girl (although at the same time I'm so doubtful!!) but I'd love to get excited about having a girl, if that's what it is! But a suprise at the end would be so fab too!! Arghhh!!oh and my grandmother is turning 96 in August...I'd kinda like to tell her too yah know, not to me pessimistic but she is 96!! I hope she will get to know!!

I am going to be 29 soon. My old clinic I know the nuchal screening was always an option...One I always turned down being so young. This time I want it because of swaying...I'm concerned I hurt the quality of my eggs and such. Does that sound silly? Like you lilith I don't think I will be into this pregnancy until 13 weeks...I will feel safe then. Normally when I'm pregnant it's all Dh and I talk about and we are so excited but I rarely mention anything with this pregnancy and probably wont anytime soon. I refuse to get my hopes up...same with the gender. I'm doing team green. I picked a name for each sex and that's where it ends.

BunnyGirl19
June 18th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Crazy bunny. Maybe its only the cheapies that work for it??

Maybe. I've never tried other brands of the line kind, only the happy face digital ones which I know will be positive if pregant. It's odd that the FR ones were totally white, but it happened multiple times in two different pregnancies. I was told they detect LH and another hormone though, so maybe that's why they weren't positive? I have no idea though.

Rosie85
June 18th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Coocoo...With it being my last I think I want a surprise. I doubt it's a girl though so not much of a surprise if it comes out a boy. Right now I couldn't even care less about the gender. It still doesn't feel real or like it will last. I've never been so torn up and emotional with a pregnancy. Kind of a bummer.

coocoobananas
June 18th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Really? Bummer:(
I can't predict but I'm hopeful for you:)
Just like you were for me!!;)
I've got high hopes for yah;)
Are you sick yet? Can you at least enjoy feeling well for a little bit?

Rosie85
June 19th, 2014, 01:16 AM
I feel sick now and again. It comes and goes which is strange. ..normally it's an all day thing for me 24/7. My boobs hurt and I'm tired..my only two real symptoms. Tomorrow is the day my miscarriage started last time...so maybe I will feel better about things after the weekend.

Rosie85
June 19th, 2014, 01:17 AM
Oh and coocoo thank you for your hope and support...it does mean a lot to me!

sweetdream
June 19th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Coocoo! I know your feeling!

I've opposites of most here. I do think its a girl. But want to think boy so I don't get disapointed. Now I start to feel bad as clearly I must be wrong.
And we will not know till februari.

sisterplease
June 19th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Did an opk earlier but threw it away!! There was a line, but not as dark as the control. I've never taken the opk tests past a positive smiley so I don't know what it would normally look like. Is having a line at 10dpo a good sign?? Would it normally be white?

sweetdream
June 19th, 2014, 07:35 AM
10DPO I had a very light line wich I also have on other days. Would'nt go on that. An for me its early to test with OPK.

sisterplease
June 19th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Looking at your OPK Rosie, it looked like your bottom one! Very interested now if this means anything for me, but definitely don't want to get hopes up....!

sisterplease
June 19th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Looking at your OPK Rosie, it looked like your bottom one! Very interested now if this means anything for me, but definitely don't want to get hopes up....!

sisterplease
June 19th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Sorry not sure why that posted twice...in my case, The control line was the darker one obviously! But I won't go by this of course, going to take a preg test tomorrow just to see. Just want to know one way or the other!

sweetdream
June 19th, 2014, 08:42 AM
That dark OPK and in 2ww is mostly pg

Rosie85
June 19th, 2014, 09:27 AM
I your test line looks near positve. ..it's probably a pregnancy. If you aren't pregnant it would be real faint.

sisterplease
June 19th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Thank you, hope it does mean a pregnancy! Been swaying since December so it'd be nice to finally have a bundle at the end of all this hard work. Only my second attempt though so not too hopeful, but the not knowing is what's so hard right now. I'll only be 11dpo tomorrow but will test anyway! My lp is only 12-13 days so close enough I think...
Definitely have waves of 'feeling' pregnant but that happened to me my last cycle too so not getting too excited. I'm sure it's my hopeful brain playing tricks on me.

Rosie85
June 19th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Good luck tomorrow sister! I took my first test at 11 dpo and it was a pretty decently dark positive. Normally mine are really light on that day so you never know what might show up!

angielorna
June 19th, 2014, 12:04 PM
sisterplease -- sounds promising! can't wait to see your hpt!

i have lost the ability to focus on anything. Oh my goodness. Work is near impossible. I have so freaking much to do and I'm so slow and distracted.

Anyone else having a horrible nights sleep. I swear, I'm so tired but when I get to bed, I can't fall asleep and when I do, it's so restless. It's not like I can't get comfortable or have to race to the washroom, it's just not a deep, restful slumber. I wake up just as tired as I went to bed.

Ugh. On the plus side, I have an appointment with my family doctor in one week and hope to harrass her about an ultrasound and a ref to an ob (and maybe a dietician).

Angie

Rosie85
June 19th, 2014, 01:54 PM

Here Is my week later test. Tomorrow is the day my miscarriage started. This dark line makes me feel that isn't going to happen!

Rosie85
June 19th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Angie my sleep had been decent until last night. I felt sick and it was storming really bad. I woke up constantly. I hope you can get an ultrasound. My doc would never just let me have one for no reason. Insurance wouldn't cover it then he always said. I really want an early scan too though and hopefully my new midwives will give me one. Haha doubtful.

BunnyGirl19
June 19th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I've been sleeping horribly at night too. The only pregnancy I've ever slept well with was DS1.

dreamingofwin
June 19th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Had my scan yesterday, was put forwards due date now on Christmas day! There is no nub to guess the gender from but people are saying boy from skull theory :(19439

dreamingofwin
June 19th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I don't expect everyone to say I think girl by the way. Has anyone heard/used this skull theory? x

BunnyGirl19
June 19th, 2014, 04:33 PM
It's not that reliable is my understanding, but still fun to guess. My boys had a flat slanted back angle above the eyes to the head. My girl had a slant where the head went in more down to the eyes/nose, basically the slant went the opposite direction if that makes sense. There didn't seem to be a difference in roundness.

sweetdream
June 19th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Its nor reliable! Its a beautifull baby! Still 50/50 chance!

angielorna
June 19th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Awww, sweet baby!!

Rosie, I've made the Appt and hopefully she gives me the paperwork. I have good reasons :P just have to pick the ones she might agree with, lol.

Angie

kitkat18
June 19th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Yipeeee for a scan dreaming glad bubba is happy and healthy. I know nothing about skull theory (perhaps for the best as it would be another thing to obsess over!!) did you get guesses at in gender?
I'm sure its pretty 50/50 hope its your little lady xxxxx

dreamingofwin
June 20th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Thanks ladies!! People are mostly saying boy. Its ok if it is I love this munchkin regardless. I am wavering on finding out though. The thought of GD again at birth is getting to me x

kitkat18
June 20th, 2014, 02:02 AM
Tough one dreaming! I will be in same position if I get a BFP I really really want to go team green but I will probably drive myself crazy during the whole pregnancy xx

covered in blue
June 20th, 2014, 02:36 AM
I've done both - finding out and waiting and for me team green was no good. Got terrible GD. All the photos with our brand new baby we look like someone just died! Probably didn't help that he came so fast (like 5 mins after arriving at the hospital). Packing all those lovely little girl things in my bag and not getting to use them and packing them away again was torture. Think I had imagined this lovely surprise all along. Like if I was good and didn't find out I would get my girl! Didn't work! Although I think it would have been spectacular had it worked out :(. Won't be doing that again ever! But could work fine if you truly convince yourself it will be a boy or you are genuinely ok with either.
On the flipside I cried every day for like a month after finding out DS3 was another boy at 20 weeks. That was awful too but his birth was lovely. All the photos are gorgeous, and we were genuinely happy that day!

sweetdream
June 20th, 2014, 03:03 AM
I did both too. My GD was worst finding out while pg. After my son was born I almost had no GD. he was lovely and mine. So staying team green this time.

symptoms are coming.. feeling sick when I wake up in the morning. taking it very slow helps me to don't become toilets best friend (yet)
have slight nausea throughout the day. can't stand all those smells!
but I'm happy. makes me feel a bit better that this baby will stick.

sisterplease
June 20th, 2014, 04:22 AM
No baby for me this time!! Taking a break from it all now. Its all I've thought about for 6 months and I just want some 'normality' back for a bit. Plus it'd be nice to enjoy being slim in the summer after all this dieting as I've had 3 babies back to back and this is the thinnest I've been in YEARS! Slightly jealous of you all, but thinking of the positives :-)
Good luck with your pregnancies!!!

kitkat18
June 20th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Enjoy looking amazing on the beach sister please and I hear you on getting back to normality!! Xxx

SamS_TTCPink
June 20th, 2014, 05:37 AM
You'll probably get PG once you stop TTC sisterplease. 😉 Enjoy looking hot this summer and some time off it all. x

Yahmama
June 20th, 2014, 07:43 AM
I don't expect everyone to say I think girl by the way. Has anyone heard/used this skull theory? x
I don't know much about skull theory but I honestly don't believe it because all my babies had practically the exact same profile look to their heads! I wouldn't know which one was which if they weren't labeled. 50/50 guess from me! xx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BunnyGirl19
June 20th, 2014, 01:27 PM
No ultrasound for me today, but heart rate was 157.

momto4boyz
June 20th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Well, boy #5 for me and suprisingly I feel great about it and not sad. :)

sweetdream
June 20th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Congrats momof5!boys!!! Happy you don't have bad GD! Enjoy your Beautiful baby boy!

kitkat18
June 20th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Yah!!! Mum to 4 boys!! What a wonderful feeling to have no GD he will be a lovely addition to your little gang xx

momto4boyz
June 20th, 2014, 02:57 PM
This is my last, so I do feel a tad disappointed I'll never experience a daughter, but I hope maybe have grandaughters one day!

angielorna
June 20th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Wow, 5 boys!!!! What an adventure. I'm happy to hear you're feeling happy and that GD did not rear it's head.

One of your fine young lads is bound to sire a little granddaughter for you!

Congratulations!!!!
Angie

angielorna
June 20th, 2014, 03:32 PM
so my newest levels came back today....

273 hcg on Friday
2404 hcg on Tuesday
(approx 32 doubling hours)

I think my numbers are doing just fine :)
Would have been between 4w2days and 4w4d at that draw.

I booked an u/s for June 30 (min 6w1d). My doctor hasn't given me the go ahead yet, but I feel confident she will. I see her next Thursday afternoon.

I have a very small measure of concern that my progesterone has fallen, but it's still super high (was 113 and is now down to 92). Since we are still monitoring both hcg and progesterone, I'll just keep an eye on it.

Happy Friday all :)
Angie

Rosie85
June 20th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Congrats momto4!! 5 boys is such an amazing thing. So glad you are feeling good about it!

Rosie85
June 20th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Wow angie those numbers look great! ! Thanks for the update. I so wish I could get my levels I am dying to know.

angielorna
June 20th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Why no numbers, Rosie? Will your dr not order hcg/progesterone tests for you? I had an asshat dr during my miscarriages who was useless as ....well, nevermind what. But my new doctor is LOVELY!

Angie

Rosie85
June 20th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Since I have only had one I'm not considered any higher at risk for issues so I wait til 7 weeks to have any blood work. It might be a good thing I guess...no numbers for me to obsess over. Right now this pregnancy feels good and right and that's enough for me...for now. Lol

Rosie85
June 20th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Ugh Angie I have to say..your photo of your boys is soooo magical. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling every time I see it!!! Just lovely..and.now I'm crying...Holy hormones.

Mrs_Incredible
June 20th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Congratulations mumto4boyz on ds5, he's all yours and that makes him very special indeed. Hugs xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Abifasc
June 20th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Congrats mumto4boys! You'll have 5 incredible sons who will marry wonderful women :)

daisymoo
June 21st, 2014, 08:32 AM
Huge congrats mumto4boyz! A friend of mine has 5 boys and it fantastic to see them all together Plus you'll save a fortune on clothes!!! Don't think I've had to buy any clothes for my third little man!

belledandy
June 21st, 2014, 10:00 AM
momto4boys, congratulations and so glad to hear you don't have GD!

dreamingofwin, I've no clue of the skull theory at all. Just one more thing to obsess over if I knew it. Can't tell at all whether your bean is pink or blue but baby is still so cute to see on u/s!!!

SamS_TTCPink
June 21st, 2014, 10:44 AM
Congrats on the news on your fifth little man mumto4boyz. I'm sure you'll get that granddaughter one day. xx

essnce629
June 21st, 2014, 03:09 PM
Rosie-- you beat the control!!!!! That's amazing and I think you definitely have a strong sticky bean in there!!!!

mumto4boyz-- congrats on boy #5! Hoping you have tons of granddaughters one day and lots of wonderful daughter-in-laws!!!!

dreaming-- I really don't think skull theory is accurate at all! Nub theory, yes, but would take those boy guesses with a grain of salt. I think you still have a great chance at girl!

dreamingofwin
June 21st, 2014, 05:07 PM
Congratulations on your boy!! Xxxxx

Thanks ladies, I was looking for a nub the whole scan but couldn't see one. No surprise there's not one on the picture x

crazycatcouple
June 22nd, 2014, 08:31 AM
Hi ladies... Mind if I join you? Got our BFP officially this morning at 11 dpo. I think my due date will be around March 2nd, but I didn't see a board for March due dates yet. We swayed blue :-)

BunnyGirl19
June 22nd, 2014, 09:29 AM
Congrats!

daisymoo
June 23rd, 2014, 09:12 AM
Welcome crazycatcouple! Sending you all my blue dust!!

Rosie85
June 23rd, 2014, 10:50 AM
Welcome crazycat! Congrats!

So far so good. I made it over my last miscarriage date. Still lots of symptoms and I def feel pregnant so I am happy about all of that. How is everyone else doing??

Abifasc
June 23rd, 2014, 10:53 AM
Welcome Crazycat! Hope you have a sweet boy on the way!

Congrats Rosie!

I'm 7w1d. Feeling ok...I really think baby is a girl. I just can't wait until "the" u/s!

crazycatcouple
June 23rd, 2014, 11:03 AM
Thanks ladies! Reading through this board is is exciting, yet scary at the same time. Being just 4 weeks, I am still so nervous about it sticking, but I'm going to try and just stay positive and hope for the best!

So happy we have such a large group :-) It seems most of you ladies are hoping for that pink sticky bean, so I'll send all my pink juju out to the rest of you!

angielorna
June 23rd, 2014, 03:30 PM
I'm doing alright. Super freaking tired. No nausea, no sore breasts etc....just tired. Hopefully I will get my next betas on Wed and I see the Dr. on Thurs. Fingers crossed she'll give me the documentation for my scheduled u/s on monday!!!!!! Otherwise, I'll have to cancel :(

Angie

Rosie85
June 23rd, 2014, 03:37 PM
I've been super tired too Angie. My Dh mentioned I'm more tired this time than with the other three. I said maybe it's because of the other three. Haha. My boobs were never sore with my last two but they are this time. My nausea is extremely sporadic which is crazy! Normally I have it from sun up to sun down and since it came earlier this pregnancy I thought it woukd be worse. I'm waiting til 6 weeks though so say I am out of the woods with severe nausea.

belledandy
June 23rd, 2014, 05:51 PM
Congrats crazycatcouple! Wishing you all the blue dust from me to you!

Sounds like everyone is going through the icky tiredness and/or nausea of the first trimester. Same here. I don't remember feeling so tired (but it most probably could be b/c of my two boys and me being older now). I do have nausea still at 11 weeks, so not out of the woods yet. Not severe though thank goodness.

And here comes my good news of the day. Got my test Verifi test results today on the phone from the nurse and it's a girl! I cried like a baby when she told me (and again when I told my husband who was in disbelief but super happy too!) She said not to go buying pink yet til the 20 week scan, but still, it's 99% accurate and I hope I'm not the 1% error group! Next week, I'll have my 12th week scan, so hopefully I'll have a girly nub shot to make things "more real"! Not buying pink yet!

Rosie85
June 23rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
Congrats belledandy!!! How exciting!!! Already pink news in the group!

Abifasc
June 23rd, 2014, 07:57 PM
Congrats Belledandy!!! That's wonderful!

SamS_TTCPink
June 23rd, 2014, 08:00 PM
Congrats belledandy!

kitkat18
June 24th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Yah!!! So happy for you belleandandy great news, enjoy browsing pink!!! Xxxx

sweetdream
June 24th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Belleandandy! Congrats on your girl!

daisymoo
June 24th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Yay Belledandy! Huge congrats! So happy for you!
We'll done on getting past that hurdle Rosie Hope now you can relax a bit more

crazycatcouple
June 24th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Congrats belledandy!! I had never heard of the Verifi test, so I just went and looked it up. I have no idea they could do that! I am obviously so behind the times, lol. I'm not sure if I'll meet the qualifications for it, but I'm definitely going to ask my doctor about it. We swayed blue, and a lot of a my friends and family that had boys said they found out at the 12 week scan, so I'm hoping we can figure out gender a little early anyhow :-)

belledandy
June 24th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Thank you ladies! I'm cautiously celebrating in my head and heart, lol. Waiting til the 12th week scan to see if the nub will look girly to tell my family and close friends. I was going back and forth in my head about whether this baby was boy or girl. The only thing I really noticed that was different for me at least was that I had pimples which was opposite for my boys cuz I had a clear beautiful glow with them.

Crazycatcouple, the test was a first for me too. I have two boys, a 2.5 and 5 year old and they didn't have it when I was pregnant with them. I think they just started offering these tests in the past 2-3 years? The big ones are Maternity21, Harmony, Panorama, and Verifi and they test for chromosomal abnormalities. So happy that mine was all clear. Now, just hoping I don't have gestational diabetes.

Good luck the rest of you ladies who are Team Green or waiting to find out in a few weeks or more!

Marika
June 24th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Yay, Belledandy!! Congrats on your little girl!

Marika
June 24th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I wish we had those tests here where I live, but we don't. I won't probably find out before the scan at 18 weeks unless they think I must do an invasive chromosomal test wich I hope not...(well we do an us at 12+, but the nub might not be caught).

Rosie85
June 24th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Marika I won't be getting that testing either. It's not covered for me so I too have to wait. We were wanting to try team green anyhow.

crazycatcouple
June 24th, 2014, 12:25 PM
So...this might be a silly question, but where do you ladies get those tickers showing how far along you are in your signatures? I think it would be fun to add one to mine, but I didn't see how. Thanks in advance!!

crazycatcouple
June 24th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Never mind! I googled it and think I can figure it out :-) So many to choose from!

Rosie85
June 24th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Glad you got it figured out! Gorgeous ticker! I love those little things...makes it so exciting!

I am so confused with this nausea it comes and goes so much. The one minute I think all will be good it hits and I have to lie down for hours and then the next day I won't have it at all?? What gives?

I called my clinic as I have forgotten to have my thyroid checked for a couple years..Shame on me ad issues run rampant in my family and my numbers were borderline last time but they said it fine to wait until I come in at 7 weeks to get it tested. I'm hoping if I have issues it won't have hurt the baby.

dreamingofwin
June 24th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Congrats on your girl belleanddandy!!

So we have decided to find out the gender...its driving me mad. I can't go on like this for another 6 months. I am convinced its a boy and just need time to deal with the fact I'll never have a daughter. With all these girls makes me sure I'll have snap opposite.

So the countdown is on I get my scan in 15 days!!"

kitkat18
June 24th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Good luck dreaming!! Will be stalking the thread, hope its your wee girl in there xxxx

sweetdream
June 24th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Rosie! Get tested now! Don't wait! Idiots! Baby needs your thyroid hormones now as it don't have its own yet. And you had an MC last month! Plz get tested tomorrow. They know in 2 days and in case of need you can start meds right away. (Don't forget swaying messen with hormones, thyroid too)

I want you to have a sticky bean!

(Sorry don't want to freak you out. But I'm on meds. Need to test early so I can up meds right away to prevent mc. Also I need to check bloodlvls right away at BFP and keep them tested every 6 weeks because to prevent mc. And I'm pretty tight with blood valeus and meds, not borderline with valeus. I don't get docters that are careless like this)

Rosie85
June 24th, 2014, 04:29 PM
The doctor didn't seem alarmed by it at all...she said no harm would come in waiting a couple weeks. Now I'm confused! If my Levels are low does that mean I will miscarry? I read many women will have hypothyroidism during pregnancy and not know it.

sweetdream
June 24th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Baby doesn't make thyroid hormones till 12th week. If your low you increase chances to mc. (Not that you Will mc but you want to lower odds)
If you look it up, you'll see its to prefer lvls of tsh under 1,5 when TTC. Look in to Some info plz. Its better to get blood checked. Better safe then sorry.

Rosie85
June 24th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks sweetdream. I called and they will call me back tomorrow to schedule a time for labs. Hopefully I can get in tomorrow. I'm worried it will be too late. Ugh. Now I'm scared.

sweetdream
June 24th, 2014, 04:46 PM
The Thyroid and Pregnancy | thyroidawareness.com (http://www.thyroidawareness.com/the-thyroid-and-pregnancy)

sweetdream
June 24th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Don't be scared! That won't work! You do what you can. I've had my eldest with ontreated hypo. And he's Born very healthy. It doesn't mean its going wrong. You're early! You get treated IF nessecary. (Do ask for numbers) when borderline ask for treatment just in case!

You do what you can.

Rosie85
June 24th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Thanks sweetdream. I am hoping it's not too late or that my numbers are still at least borderline. It's been two years since my last draw I think or at least that I've been told. I had no clue it could cause miscarriage. While I can't do anything about it now I can't help but want to kick myself! Hopefully baby will be okay for the next few days to give me a chance to make it right if needed.

sweetdream
June 24th, 2014, 05:15 PM
You shouldn't kick yourself. Plz it wasn't my intention. Just want you to have a healthy baby! The docter Should have been more careful

castch
June 24th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Congrats belledandy and all the best for all the upcomming scans and wishing you all healthy Babies.
I will have my blood test Mid next week and I am convinced that it is again a boy (due to Chinese calender ;-)?). I feel so sick all day long (what I Never experienced with my two boys) but I am not trying to hope that it will be a girl. I am too afraid of the disappointment...
Counting the days......

Rosie85
June 24th, 2014, 05:29 PM
It was actually the nurse sweetdream..sorry I didn't mean to write doctor. Still it makes me mad. She should know better and I will be saying something tomorrow. And no need to be guarded of your intention. ..I appreciate it. Very much so. Thank you

Rosie85
June 24th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Castch can't wait for your results. How exciting. Don't give up hope on a girl based on that calendar! !

sweetdream
June 24th, 2014, 05:31 PM
You'll be fine! *hug*

belledandy
June 24th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks castch and dreaming!

Good luck on your blood test castch! Which blood test? And the Chinese Calendar is so 50/50! Hope it is wrong for you.

Dreaming, good luck to you too. 15 days, hang in there! Which week is the scan for? 20 week anatomy?

LilithWiser1979
June 24th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Congrats on the girl, belledandy! The genetic tests are super accurate, although I know the tendency to guard your heart and wait for a confirming ultrasound.

momto4boyz, you sound like you're in a good place. Sorry you didn't hear girl, but I would have given anything to be in your place mentally and emotionally instead of slogging through GD hell. Congrats, and I'm sure your bevvy of beautiful boyz will be enviable :)

Rosie, I hope everything's okay. I tend to think it will be, but it IS pretty crappy that they didn't check your thyroid for you.

:fx: for you dreaming! The wait is the worst. Here's hoping you're baking your DD!

MIL broke the seal and went out and bought my DD her first 2 outfits and a pair of adorable black Mary Jane socks with bows. So, I had to get something for her too, and I used some money I had socked away to get her a new Girasol wrap in gorgeous Northern Lights. I figure that'll give me almost 6 months to break it in and get it super soft before I wrap her in it!

I feel bad for my family who are so excited to buy clothes for my girl. I'm pretty anti-pink (not that I don't want her to have ANY pink, just MOSTLY NOT pink) and they all seemed pretty excited about buying pink. Her first two outfits are turquoise and green with white, and yellow. We'll have to see how much they care about what I want after the baby shower.

BunnyGirl19
June 24th, 2014, 07:40 PM
I swear every Chinese gender calender I look at says something different from the other, so clearly not something to follow. I had the blood test done that says this is a girl, but because of my anticoagulants they said they can't guarantee the results are accurate. My intention is still to be team surprise though and I'm pretty anxious about it. I feel rather optimistic for a dumb reason though. Another due date group I belong to for December so far has 12 girls and 3 boys and these women weren't trying to sway, just regular TTC.

belledandy
June 24th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Lilith, true. After two boys, I almost couldn't believe that I could have a daughter. I'm also not a big fan of pink. Blue is actually my favorite color and I did get a blue dress for my peanut already. But oh well, whatever my family showers her with, I'll take, lol.

Bunny, I guess some people just naturally "sway" pink (or blue).

dreamingofwin
June 25th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Ill be 16 weeks paying for a private gender scan x

BunnyGirl19
June 25th, 2014, 04:07 AM
That's definitely true. A friend of mine is type 2 diabetic and has 5 boys, probably related to the higher blood sugar levels. My extended family is pretty evenly mixed genders and I'd say at least at this time so is mine. Swaying fascinates me in that some things really help influence some people and others not so much. It would be so nice if it was something simple to pick gender like if you eat chicken everyday you have a girl but if you eat beef you'll have a boy. Our sex ratios would probably be totally lopsided if that were the case though.

Rosie85
June 25th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Wouldn't it be great if things were as easy as eating chicken bunny?? I guess we can only try and sway but in the end we are all meant to have what we have. Frustrating though because I feel like it isn't fair so many women can get both and don't even try and I want a girl so so so badly and I probably will never have it. I do love my boys but without a girl I feel like a dynamic is missing..like things aren't whole. Oh well not much I can do now but wait!!

Abifasc
June 25th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I don't know if mine's a girl yet, but I've already bought two girl outfits "just in case"...one is purple and one is yellow. I like pink, but I like more of the floral, feminine prints rather than just pink. I do love things with ruffles on the butt though :)

Rosie85
June 25th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I have boughten several girly things. Flowers, ruffles, pink, purple. I keep seeing more I want too but it would be dumb to keep buying since its probably a boy again! According to stats I have a very good chance at a girl with the exercise and miscarriage and the olive leaf but there's always opposites so I refuse to get hopeful.

I have an appointment today at 1 to get my thyroid levels drawn. Hoping I can relax then and if they come back low I am hoping it wasn't too late and baby will stay put.

crazycatcouple
June 25th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I remember thinking I wasn't going to go the "pink" route with my daughter. Blue has always been my favorite color and I am a bit of a tomboy, growing up with all brothers. I even painted her nursery blue with her bedding having just a few pink accents. But...let me tell you, lol, she is the biggest girly-girl I've ever met! She loves pink and these days will only wear dresses that are either long or twirl a lot :-)

Rosie, don't give up hope yet! I have a feeling this time you're going to get your girl!!

Dreaming, the 16 week scan is fun :-) I know some people like to wait until birth for the surprise, but I figure it's a surprise whenever you find out, so to each their own! I couldn't wait, but I am horrible with surprises, lol. I knew pretty much every single Christmas present I ever got growing up because I would sneak around the house so much, even going as far to to open wrapped presents carefully slitting the tape and then re-wrap them!

crazycatcouple
June 25th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Rosie that's great they were able to get you in so fast!

Rosie85
June 25th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Thanks crazycat! I hope you are right!

I am happy I got in quickly, the nurse was understanding today. I'm thinking she just doesn't know much about thyroids. She said I can have it tested asap if that's what I wanted. I like that I'm essentially in control.

Rosie85
June 25th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Oh and crazycat...your dd sounds so lovely!!! Oh what I wouldn't give...

crazycatcouple
June 25th, 2014, 11:46 AM
I am sending lots and lots of pink baby dust your way Rosie! I wish everyone could have the gender they desire!! I know we can't guarantee it yet (at least not without IVF and such), but I am thankful to atomic and sites like this to help us sway our chances!!

oncue
June 25th, 2014, 12:00 PM
But...let me tell you, lol, she is the biggest girly-girl I've ever met! She loves pink and these days will only wear dresses that are either long or twirl a lot!

Haha that made me laugh. We were team green for both DDs, we even painted the nursery a pastel mint so it was very neutral. I never was into pink and frills either, but DD1 is a self proclaimed princess at 3yo! Everything has to have pink, frills and sparkles are a bonus! She's definitely a typical girly girl! DD2 (18 months) however prefers her shorts and t shirts and is much more practical in her clothing choices! One thing I have to say is that from a very young age they both wanted to choose what they wore and it's crazy that they have their own style. We don't have a DS (yet!) so I'm not sure if they are as particular with clothes or not 💕

belledandy
June 25th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Rosie, so glad you were able to get an appt quickly and you're in charge. Hope everything checks out fine for you.

I have to LOL about the girly clothes. I was sort of a tomboy too but still loved twirly dresses and skirts. Oncue, my two boys (2.5 and 5) don't care much about what they wear though sometimes my older one asks for his superhero t-shirts. Other than that, dressing them has been more or less fuss free.

Abifasc
June 25th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Well...I just had my FIRST ever bout if horrific vomiting. My third pregnancy and I got nauseous with ds1 but never sick. I'm secretly excited this means it's a girl! But...any advice? I was kind of surprised by the (tmi) force of it and how it came from nowhere.

crazycatcouple
June 25th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Oncue, I love that you have two DD's yet they are both so different! That's what I keep telling my hubby - even if our sway didn't work and we get another girl, there's a good chance she'll be completely different and may be into more of the boy things he's hoping to have a son for.

I think we're done after just 2 (hubby says yes definitely done), but if we do end up with another DD, I might be tempted to want to try one more time for a DS. We shall see...

Abifasc - I had horrible all day sickness with my DD...fingers crossed this is your pink bean :-) Are you open to the idea of Zofran? It's a class B drug, and I know some people stay away from any and all, but I could not function without it. It was the only way I could make it through the day, and even then it didn't make me feel great, but just to the point that if I tried not to think too much about the nausea, I could get through my work day without puking. Without it, no such luck pretty much guaranteed. Some other tips that helped me:

- Anything with ginger in it (preggy pops, lettuce with ginger salad dressing, etc)
- Keeping my stomach from being totally empty, as that's when it was the worst (see next tip)
- Keeping saltines or something similar by my bed so that I could eat a few before even sitting up in the AM
- I also split up my prenatals. I researched and found the best amounts of each vitamin and got everything I needed still, but in many more pills throughout the day. The single ones were just too hard for me to stamach ever. I liked the prenatal gummies as the base because they have a lot of what you need but are easy on the stomach, and then I added an easy on the tummy iron, choline, and a few others it was lacking. By splitting them up throughout the day I could actually manage to keep them down!
- Chewing mint gum also seemed to help a bit
- Wearing seabands on my wrists - not sure they helped, but I figured it couldn't hurt! I also just saw a commercial last night that Seaband now has bands specifically for pregnant women, plus some sort of candy like the preggy pops.

Okay, that's all I can think of right now, but maybe more will come to mind if I get hit with bad nausea again this time! For me it didn't start until about week 6, so I think I've got about a week or so still of feeling decent :-) Of course, you never know, this one could be totally different! Good luck mama!!

Abifasc
June 25th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Thank you so much! I've only eaten pretzels and granola bars all morning with orange juice because that's the only thing that sounded good, but I did have my prenatals at lunch...should I retake them since I threw up soon afterwards? I'm open to zofran if it gets really bad. I'll take whatever is safe if I really needed it. I had to take a prescription for migraines with my last baby because they were just so bad, but no headaches this time!

Maybe if you have a boy on the way you won't get sick! I was nauseous with ds1 but not sick even a little with ds2 :)

Rosie85
June 25th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Sorry you are so sick abi! I was super sick with all three of my boys, I lost 20 pounds with ds3 because I couldn't eat for 3 months. I'm excited because my morning sickness is barely existant so far and normally by now it's full force. A lot of ladies with 3+ boys report less sickness with their girl pregnancy than they had with their boys so hoping its a good sign for me.

Rosie85
June 25th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Oh I just got back from my blood draw. I will know tomorrow about my thyoid levels and she said I'd see an endocrinologist if they came back abnormal.

crazycatcouple
June 25th, 2014, 03:43 PM
OJ is great for taking pills :-) As far as taking them again...I'm not sure on that one. I would think missing a day here or there isn't a huge deal, but if they continue to cause you to throw up, you might want to rethink the pills you have :-( I also remember I took the bigger, harsher pills at night right before bed, as that way even if I did get a little nauseous, I would hopefully sleep through it all!

Ah! I just remembered another tip! It's not one I used before, so I can't say it works, but I plan on using it this time. Magnesium. The trick of course with magnesium is that it doesn't absorb too well in pill form. If you google magnesium and pregnancy you'll find all sorts of info on it. IT sounds like a wonder supplement for pregnancy though, helping with morning sickness, leg cramps, and sleeping!

I take Natural Calm at night before bed. It's a powder that you mix with a little water and drink, and then I also got some magnesium oil to spray on my legs in the AM, as they say magnesium depletes from your body every 12 hours. I've taken the Natural Calm before for restless leg and I always sleep better with it. Also, Epsom Salt is actually mangesium :-) So you can soak in epsom salt baths as another option.

Here are a few of the articles I found helpful:

How I Avoided Morning Sickness with Diet and Magnesium (http://wellnessmama.com/6065/how-i-avoided-morning-sickness/)

Nutrition and Supplements for Healthy Pregnancy (http://wellnessmama.com/4403/supplements-for-pregnancy-and-nursing/)

Magnesium Baths for Safer Pregnancy and Birth | Dr. Sircus (http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/magnesium-baths-for-safer-pregnancy-and-birth-2)

Abifasc
June 25th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Oh that's awesome thank you so much! I'm definitely dealing with the restless leg stuff already but this sounds like it'll be very helpful.

castch
June 25th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Thank you crazycatcouple for all this tipps. I will definetly try the magnesium...

My doctor will do the prendia test in my 11th week. Does anyone knows this test?

Wow, some of you dare already to buy pink cloth... That is great and nicely otimistic. Because of my Mc last year and my two boys I even don't dare to hope anything. This time it is really wired...

Ok, now off for my magnesium Shot....

LilithWiser1979
June 25th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I'm going to have to try the magnesium! No real MS this time, but I always get leg cramps when I'm dehydrated, and I try to limit nighttime liquids to avoid peeing all night. It ends up being a delicate balancing act between drinking too much and peeing every hour, or drinking too little and waking up with leg cramps.

I don't actually hate pink, but I do hate the idea that "pink is for girls, other colors are for boys." It starts little girls off in life thinking that they have to look for the product specifically for them (corporations LOVE THIS) and it limits them. It means every color but pink (and typically turquoise and purple) are for boys. So out of 100's of colors, girls think they get 3.

Sorry, feminist rant over. DH and I have already decided on gender neutral most of the time, and letting her have the "girly" thing about 10% of the time. I'm the evil, feminist mom, I know, but I'm hoping to open her eyes to a world without limits because she's lacking a penis.

Oh, and I love ruffles and tutus! Can't wait to make her some. But I'll be making her a lab coat to play doctor and a cape to play a superhero, as well :)

LilithWiser1979
June 25th, 2014, 05:23 PM
There's actually a group called "Pink Stinks" in the UK. Their whole goal is to get more colors and options for girls and to stop the limitations of the binary gender/color stereotype. I wish they had a US branch.

My boys love sparkles, nail polish and tea parties. I'm hoping to raise my kids to do what they want without worrying about what society/culture wants for them.

LilithWiser1979
June 25th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Catsch, Prendia looks like all the other maternal blood tests for cell-free fetal DNA. The website didn't say if the gender is included with results. Good luck!

crazycatcouple
June 25th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Yes, I totally agree with you Lilith! I am a bit of a feminist as well and want my kids to do and be whoever they dream up :-)

I was at my daughter's school thing for Halloween last year volunteering. My job was to paint nails and put on temporary tattoos as the kiddos came around to my station. The kids were having so much fun, but the director actually came over and told me to stop painting the little boys nails! I couldn't believe it, but I guess she said she had no issues with it, but that last year she had so many dads calling her extremely upset that she let their sons get their nails painted. So sad! I'm sorry, but painting your nails is not going to turn you gay. I know some men are just macho and such, but still. They are little kids and are just having fun!

Growing up with all brothers, I always had to do whatever they were doing. My mom raised me to know that I can do anything I set my mind to, and I decided that anything a boy can do, I can do too, lol. I don't ever want my children thinking they are limited by their sex!

Maybe we should start our own Pink Stinks! It sounds wonderful :-) Going to go look it up now!

Rosie85
June 25th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I am the same...I don't believe in gender restrictions. My boys play dolls and dress up and watch girly shows. If I have a daughter I would never force pink on her but I just adore all the floral and frills so I will go crazy with it when she is a baby. She will more than likely be a tomboy with three brothers though, haha

Mrs_Incredible
June 25th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Rosie that's what I've said to people, with 3 big brothers she'll end up in football strips instead of tutus!! I'm going to milk it when she's a baby as it'll probably be the only time :) My boys have always had play kitchens with all the play stuff, vacuums, brushes, cleaning trolleys etc! I want to raise well rounded men who know how to run a house, hoping my future dil's appreciate it! They see their dad do all the stuff i do and know its a team effort when he's not at work. Xx
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

daisymoo
June 26th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Wow this thread has been busy! Best of luck with the test results Rosie Hope all is perfect x
Ladies I absolutely adore pink It's my favourite colour! If I have a daughter she will be in it 24/7! But as you guys have said I also have three boys so chances are the minute she
gets a chance she's straight in to that Spider-Man suit!
Sorry you're feeling sick Abifasc I too have been sick every day since week 6, vomiting a few times here and there. I find ginger tea excellent and also 7up free. I'm definitely more sick than my other three pregnancies which has me secretly hopeful it's a girl but then I'm craving the same foods as last time so really don't know. My dh is convinced it's twins! Have my scan in 2 weeks and it can't come quick enough I'll only be 12 + 4 but hopefully will see something. My boys are getting school holidays tomorrow so we'll be busy for the next few weeks anyway!
Thanks for all the great tips Crazycatcouple Think I might try those sea bands

Mrs_Incredible
June 26th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Seabands helped me function and get through a tough 5 weeks! Xx
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

daisymoo
June 26th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Thanks Mrs Incredible I'm buying them today!!!

Rosie85
June 26th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Seabands always helped me too. I am dreading have 6 weeks come around. I don't want to be super sick. I don't know how to take care of 3 boys and barely be able to get off the couch. I am also nervous for my test results today...The idea of having to take and deal with medication every day is a turn off. I will be so surprised if the thyroid comes back normal though because I have pretty much every symptom possible of it being low.

angielorna
June 26th, 2014, 12:10 PM
So for my latest draw (June 24) came back at 18,000 and something. Prog is down to 82. By lmp in 5w4d, by ovulation I think I'm about 6. Got my ultrasound requisition!!! So I have one at June 30. Anxious and excited all in one!
Angie

Rosie85
June 26th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Yay for an ultrasound! How exciting. Are those hcg levels high Angie???

crazycatcouple
June 26th, 2014, 01:36 PM
I don't want to be insensitive, but just curious how everyone seems to get these draws with their doctors? It is because of earlier issues or maternal age or do you simply insist? My doctors won't even see us to confirm pregnancy until we are 8 weeks. I took another pregnancy test so I could see the line getting darker, but I wish I had a more solid way to know this pregnancy is progressing in the manner it should.

I suppose there wouldn't really be much I could do about it anyway, so I'm trying to not worry and just go with the flow, but it's hard, lol.

Rosie, I can't even begin t imagine feeling like I did with my last pregnancy while chasing around 3 little boys! I just have the one daughter so far, and even with her I'm worried about how I'm going to do it! You mamas of multiple children are rock stars :-)

Adia
June 26th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I don't want to be insensitive, but just curious how everyone seems to get these draws with their doctors? It is because of earlier issues or maternal age or do you simply insist? My doctors won't even see us to confirm pregnancy until we are 8 weeks. I took another pregnancy test so I could see the line getting darker, but I wish I had a more solid way to know this pregnancy is progressing in the manner it should.

I have always wondered the same thing. However, now I am over 35 and any pregnancy would be considered "high risk' because of my age. I wonder if that would change things.
When I was prego (m/c 2012) I called a midwife group and they said they didn't usually see pregos until 10weeks! Seemed late to me but who knows???
Maybe I just have super skrimpy insurance!

Rosie85
June 26th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Crazycat...normally women who have had multiple miscarriages or other health issues will have their pregnancy monitored. I'm like you and dont get any blood draws or to be seen before 8 weeks. I did go in for my thyroid but that's different. The only way you will be seen earlier is if you say you have no clue when you got pregnant. They will bring you in for a scan to date you. As much as it sucks consider yourself lucky...waiting means you havent any issues!

I just got the call..my thyroid is normal. Woohoo I guess?? Doesn't explain why I have issues but it means baby is safe.

crazycatcouple
June 26th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Wow, congrats Rosie! That's good news for sure :-)

I guess I should have played dumb, lol, and said I didn't know when, but I'm an awful liar. I suppose you're probably right that I should take it as a blessing, but these first few weeks are just so nerve-wracking!!

Rosie85
June 26th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Thanks crazycat. I agree..it is nerve racking. I lied with my last son...got an early scan. It actually wasn't really worth it. I could care less now about scans. I just want a baby to stick and come out healthy.

BunnyGirl19
June 26th, 2014, 03:38 PM

I suppose there wouldn't really be much I could do about it anyway, so I'm trying to not worry and just go with the flow, but it's hard, lol.

Rosie, I can't even begin t imagine feeling like I did with my last pregnancy while chasing around 3 little boys! I just have the one daughter so far, and even with her I'm worried about how I'm going to do it! You mamas of multiple children are rock stars :-)

I always get seen early and have tests and ultrasounds done because I've had 7 miscarriages due to a blood clotting disorder. I need to start meds within a certain timeframe which requires proof of viability.

daisymoo
June 26th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear you had seven miscarriages Bunnygirl that's an awful thing to have through so many times You poor thing
Rosie delighted your thyroid is normal Yay!!

angielorna
June 26th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Rosie! So relieved to hear that. I knew baby would be fine either way, but it's nice to have that bit of reassurance <3

Bunny, I'm glad they've figured out the cause!!! and that there are meds to help. I was on progesterone supps with DS2 and did blood draws every other day until I hit a number that would show something on an ultrasound. Once viability was establish, I started the progesterone.

And I'm getting repeat blood draws and an early ultrasound because I had 2 m/c before my DS1 and a second trimester loss between ds1 & 2. My dr initially told me it was too early for an ultrasound, but I think she gave in so I'd shut up, lol. She wasn't my dr for any of my other pregnancies. So I filled her in on the history, how many ultrasounds I had for my sons, when I had them (both had their first at 5 weeks).

I know that doing these things and having the info doesn't guarantee a healthy pregnancy, but it certainly helps calm my nerves when tests come back as expected (or better). And it gives me a heads up EARLY if things are moving in the wrong direction!!

I had a dream last night I gave birth to 8 babies. I told the dr and she laughed saying she's never heard of that happening naturally. When she heard my numbers she said -- ha, maybe it's your dream coming true!

It's high for 5 weeks, but not so much for 6. Just a few more days!!!

Angie

belledandy
June 26th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Great news Rosie. Glad to hear you don't have any thyroid issues.

Crazycatcouple, for me, I didn't get to see my OB til 8 weeks. The Verifi blood draw was around 10 weeks and was offered to me. I'm over 35 and wanted peace of mind.

Angie, 8 babies would be something! I'd just about pass out if I heard even twins!

LilithWiser1979
June 26th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Daisymoo, I can't believe they didn't offer you an ultrasound before 12 weeks. I ended up with two of them, one at 8 weeks and another at 9 without ever requesting one (well, I DID want ONE of them to confirm a singleton and a heartbeat!)

Crazycat, a lot of the time all those early blood draws and betas are for women with a history of miscarriage or some other risk factor. Some doctors seem to just do them as routine, as well. My OB offered one, and I refused. It would have been the only blood test of the day, and I hate needle sticks that aren't for super important testing pertinent to ME.

I got my Girasol in the mail today... so awesome! It's soft and rainbow, and I can't wait to wrap my little girl in it! (J/K daughter of mine, please stay in until you're term!) I also got a tiny amber teething necklace for her, and I'm pretty much done with regular clothes and into maternity/fat clothes now.

This pregnancy's been so mild that it hasn't felt real. It's weird picturing a family photo for the holiday with a newborn little girl in it! I'm trying to figure out how to make her a holly and ivy headband. There aren't any red-green-white outfits for newborns that I've seen that are super appealing to me, so maybe I'll make her something.

Rosie85
June 26th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Lilith how about a white dress with either a green or red sash around the middle and then her headband you are making ??? Oh I am so jealous!!!

crazycatcouple
June 26th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks everyone for the answers! It sounds like I should just count my blessings for now then. BunnyGilr, I'm so sorry you had to go through 7, but I too am glad they found a cause and have medication to help prevent it in the future for you!

Lilith - what a fabulous Christmas gift! You're holiday pics will be so special :-)

Angie, would you be want twins if you could choose? I have to admit loving pregnancy dreams - they are always so intense! Maybe there's something to your 8 baby dream :-)

The main thing I remember about my dream last pregnancy was that I had a ton of sexual dreams (not always including my hubby - oops!). That and crazy action adventure type stuff where I was running and jumping dodging people chasing me and such. So random, lol.

angielorna
June 26th, 2014, 06:57 PM
I typically have crazy dreams...very vivid so pregnancy dreams are extra fun. I'll be very happy with one healthy bean in there (and extra ecstatic if baby's a girl). I think I would be okay with twins (if I could make it through the pregnancy) until I think about finances and the first year!!! DH's brother and SIL went for a third child and ended up with twin boys....4 boys under 4 when they were born, oh my. DH is petrified it will happen to us!

Lilith, I get chills every time you write about your daughter. You worked so hard and I'm so happy she is with you now.

Angie

BunnyGirl19
June 27th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Thanks ladies. It was very frustrating with so many losses and the uncertainty of whether or not I'd ever have any kids of my own. Lovenox has been the miracle fix for me so far. I just can't believe how hard it was to find an OB that would get me the necessary care soon enough. I'd always get nurses or receptionists telling me the earliest I could be seen was 8 weeks, but my condition requires starting my meds by 6 weeks. Ultimately with DS1 I just lied and said I was further along than I was so they'd give me my prescription. I was then referred to perinatology where my doctor said I could just start all of my care at in future pregnancies instead of waiting to be referred.

LilithWiser1979
June 27th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Rosie, your idea sounds great! There are so many cute white dresses, and it wouldn't be hard to add some holiday accents. Thanks!

BunnyGirl, I'm so sorry you've had so many problems, and I can't believe they wouldn't at least have you pee in a cup to get your prescription before 8 weeks if it's vital at 6!

lala22
June 28th, 2014, 01:10 PM
I'm going to join this thread:-) I'm due Dec. 20th! Congrats ladies:-)

Rosie85
June 28th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Welcome lala! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Rosie85
June 28th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Glad you liked the idea Lilith! Can't wait to see what you end up doing...we demand pictures!

Marika
June 28th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Welcome and Congrats Lala!

About getting checked - I have gotten early scans because of bleeding, but normally scans are only made at 12 and 18-20 weeks. In some places of Sweden scans are only made once (at 18-20 weeks) if everything goes as normal, but the nuchal scan is getting more and more common. Of course you can always find a private clinic, but people rarely do that and they are not very common. We don't have Harmony or MaterniT21 at all unfortunately. Would easily pay extra for those if possible!

belledandy
June 29th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Congrats and welcome Lala!

lala22
June 29th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Thanks ladies! So where is everyone from? And what is everyone having or hoping to have?

belledandy
June 29th, 2014, 03:33 AM
lala, I'm hoping to have a healthy baby girl as my third and final child, and recently found out from a blood test that baby is a girl! it is 99% accurate, so hoping that it's correct.

how about you lala?

Abifasc
June 29th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Welcome lala!

I'm hoping baby is a girl, and will find out in August. I'm due beginning of February.

LilithWiser1979
June 29th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Hola Lala! I'm 16 weeks pregnant with a girl (according to Panorama and a flat 13 week nub!) I'm due 12/13/14.

lala22
June 29th, 2014, 10:01 PM
I'm from Sacramento and am hoping for a boy and two US would incline me to believe that's what we're having but I suppose our final confirmation will come in a few weeks at my 20 week anatomy scan. I'm due Dec 20th but was early last time so I'm thinking I may be a bit early this time around too:-)

sweetdream
June 30th, 2014, 01:21 AM
I'm 6,5 weeks pg and hoping for a girl.
I tought it was. But now I'm convinced its another boy. I will find out in februari.

How are you guys feeling. I'm nausea lots of the time but its mild and already getting better daily. (With the boys I already puked lots of mornings, now I havent puked once)

Marika
June 30th, 2014, 02:42 AM
I'm 6,5 weeks pg and hoping for a girl.
I tought it was. But now I'm convinced its another boy. I will find out in februari.

How are you guys feeling. I'm nausea lots of the time but its mild and already getting better daily. (With the boys I already puked lots of mornings, now I havent puked once)

I think you have a great chance to get your dd! Are you gonna stay team green?

I am feeling nauseous and sooo tired! I don't vomit a lot though, have only done a few times, but I can't even see pictures of food without feeling sick. At the same time I am starving, so I am trying to find things I can eat. Fruit juice is my addiction right now.

I am going to get checked by a doc today, have had some light bleedings during the weekend. Nothing more than I usually have had, but it feels good to see if everything is ok. Hopefully I'll get to see something with a heartbeat in the right size. Even if I am used to bleeding in pregnancies I get terrified and nervous and had a really hard time sleeping tonight. My nausea and sore boobs are a good sign I hope.

sweetdream
June 30th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Yes were hoping to stay team green.
Hope you see a heartbeat too!!!

Longing.for.a.daughter
June 30th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Hi ladies, I have been gone for ages (been so busy, away and sick multiple times and lost track of time!) Took some reading to catch up and wow so many BFP's and pink results!!
I'm 14 weeks I have my next appt next Tuesday the 8th with be 15+1 and OBGYN thinks she will be able to tell me gender. With my 2 boys I was team green so didn't have any anxiety about finding out but as the 8th approaches I am getting more and more nervous and feeling rather sure it will be a 3rd boy and I'm not sure to be honest how I will take it! I will get over it eventually but this is our 3rd and final child so it's really make or break! Ahhh

SamS_TTCPink
June 30th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Welcome back longing.for.a.daughter! Sounds like you've been busy!

Goodluck with your scan, fingers crossed you hear pink!

Longing.for.a.daughter
June 30th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks MumofSix, it's been a crazy time!

How's everything going for you?

SamS_TTCPink
June 30th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Still here!! Still trying... On 3rd cycle since miscarriage and still can't believe I am still here trying! So out of this due date thread but still keeping up to date on everyone. 😉

This is our last attempt til we stop TTC til December to avoid another birthday during our already busy months, and I'm currently in 2ww but not at all hopeful. 😞

Thanks for asking! 😊

Longing.for.a.daughter
June 30th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Sorry to hear 😩 I found it emotionally harder trying to conceive after miscarrying. I feel for you, and I hope (even though your not hopeful) that you get a BFP this month!

I'm glad your still here! Many couldn't be so shows your strength! Please keep me updated crossing fingers and toes for you xx

Marika
June 30th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Hi ladies, just thought I'd update you after my scan today. It showed a a tiny little fetus just right sized and a heart ticking. The doc could see a little blood in my uterus area, but cervix is closed and she couldn't really tell why I have been bleeding. Such a relief to see that everything seems ok so far!

Anyways - are you good on Ramzi theory? I was curious and asked her if she saw the placenta, and she showed me where it is beginning to grow. On the screen it was on the right side so I immediately thought "boy". Then I googled it and it says you can't tell unless you know if the pic is reversed or not, and that it varies. Some write that both abdominal and transvaginal has to be flipped, some say only the abdominal. Any ways of telling if I don't know how the monitor was set up?

SamS_TTCPink
June 30th, 2014, 08:02 AM
So glad to hear you saw that beating heart Marika! What a relief it must have been.

I bled so much with DS5 & DS6's pregnancies and they're gorgeous energetic boys, so I hope you can relax a little now you've had some reassurance at the scan today. 💜💜

Marika
June 30th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Yes it is a big relief! The other bleedings (duting other pregnancies) have been more on the outside though (coming from cervix outside parts) so it did worry me a little that it was actually in the uterus now. It was tiny though, so I hope it is just a small vessel that is sensitive and bleeding.

crazycatcouple
June 30th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Welcome Lala! I am from Tampa, FL and also hoping for a little boy this time around :-) It's still pretty early for us (5 weeks today) so I haven't had too many symptoms, but I definitely "feel" pregnant, lol.

Marika, so glad everything looks normal for you and you got to see the heartbeat! We have an at home heartbeat monitor that worked pretty well the last time around. I need to dig it out of storage, but I'm pretty sure it's still too early to get a good result. I'll likely start trying to find the heartbeat on my own after 6 weeks or so :-) Last pregnancy my doctor didn't see us until 8 week,s and they just did a pregnancy test, but no scan. I just know that I'll feel much better once I can finally hear the little guy or gal :-)

sweetdream
June 30th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Marika I'm so happy for you! I don't believe in Ramzi theory! Hoping its your DD!

Rosie85
June 30th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Glad your scan went well Marika!

I am like you sweatdream...my morning sickness has been so slight. I thought maybe it just hadn't fully hit yet but here I am...over 6 weeks now and I feel good for about 90% of my day. Late at night I feel a little off and I don't have a huge appetite but it's so much better than my all day stuck on the couch sickness I had with the 3 boys.

Rosie85
June 30th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Glad your scan went well Marika!

I am like you sweatdream...my morning sickness has been so slight. I thought maybe it just hadn't fully hit yet but here I am...over 6 weeks now and I feel good for about 90% of my day. Late at night I feel a little off and I don't have a huge appetite but it's so much better than my all day stuck on the couch sickness I had with the 3 boys.

dreamingofwin
June 30th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I've not been here much. I am struggling. I posted a pic of the scan on another forum and all have guessed boy. It doesn't even have a nub to guess from but still people think its a boy from skull shape. I can't snap out of my mood, my husband is getting it the worse. I am just awful in te waiting. I am in tears all the time. I lost my sunglasses this morning and had a melt down x

sweetdream
June 30th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Hope its DD for both of us! I do feel pg and am nausea and tired but not in the long run as I was with the boys. I think diet is the reason though

sweetdream
June 30th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Dreamingofwin! Come on skul theory is nothing!!! You really still have a chance at girl! Plz don't let it get you down! Can you post the pic here?

dreamingofwin
June 30th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks. I did a few pages back.

I know I watched one born every minute (not sure if u guys have it) and it was an episode where babies needed special care I was in bits crying and truly felt it didn't matter what I had as long as baby is healthy then I slip back into this again. I think hormones have a lot to do with it too x

Rosie85
June 30th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Oh dreaming. I agree, skull theory means crapola. Post your pic hun so we can check it out. Your chance is as good as ours for a girl. I can understand your emotions though...I've been a wreck lately too. I cried for 30 minutes last night after a sad tv show...my Dh had to hold me still I was shaking so badly.

crazycatcouple
June 30th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Yes, the hormones are really intense! I got a flat tire yesterday while out with my daughter on my own and just about had a breakdown, lol. We were on our way to a family reunion, coming from just doing her 3 year pics, so I was all dressed up in a dress and makeup. I felt bad, but I got so mad at DH because he wasn't with us. I told him he didn't have to go, but if he had, he could have changed the tire and we wouldn't have been almost 2 hours late!

Dreaming, don't give up hope yet! It could very well be your DD in there!! I know it's easier said than done, but just try and think positively. The waiting is the hardest part :-(

belledandy
June 30th, 2014, 01:42 PM
lala, good luck on your 20th week scan. hope it's your blue boy you've been waiting for!

sweetdream, i think it's the same way for me...nausea is milder than with my two boys. still struggling to find something to eat since a lot of things smell awful. with my 2nd son, i dry heaved some..ugh. so here's hoping milder nausea is a pink sign for you.

marika, i'm the same way with food. not much is appealing...stinks actually, especially bread! i think fruit has been my saving grace. i'm glad to hear that you saw baby's heart tick! that's reassuring and hopefully the bleeding is something very minor. also, i know nothing of the ramzi theory.

longing.for.a.daughter, wishing you lots of luck on finding out about your 3rd and final child. it can be a lot of stress and i hope it's a girl for your sake! i also swayed for my third and final child and so far, it's looking pink from blood test results.

dreaming, sorry you are down and out about what people said about the nub scan. don't lose hope! if there was no nub, not sure why people are saying boy then.

Rosie85
June 30th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Angie..want your scan today??! Waiting to hear an update!

lala22
June 30th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I was SUPER nauseous this time around up until about 11 weeks and than it slowly eased up throughout a couple of weeks and am now feeling so much better- just tired. With my daughter, everything was such a breeze. This time around is very different- not as "cry-ey" either. Can't wait to hear about everyone's next scans!

lala22
June 30th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Have any of you ladies experienced natural childbirth or plan on it this time around?

crazycatcouple
June 30th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Not I :-) I love hearing about women who decide to go that route and have such amazing experiences, but I'm a wuss and loved my epidural! Pain and I do not go together very well, lol.

dreamingofwin
June 30th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Natural is the way we do it in the UK with gas and air. Epidural/spinal are not that common. Only one out of my friend had an epidural. I plan a water natural vbac x

Rosie85
June 30th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I have had an epidural all 3 times but it was required the last two times with my doc since I was vbac..He wanted the port in place in case of emergency. This time around my nurse said it's likely I can go without but I haven't asked the midwife. I may opt for a water birth if I don't need one. Last time around I only had light meds and it was turned off toward the end so I could push. Since I already had it in place it's hard to say no.

LilithWiser1979
June 30th, 2014, 06:01 PM
My first was a hospital birth, and I still feel traumatized by the whole thing. DS1 was born blue and not breathing because the epidural was turned up so high that I couldn't feel anything and the nurses were being lazy and marking my chart as if they were checking me for dilation without actually checking. They actually prepped me for a c-section for "failure to progress" (hospital code for been here too long and we need to get her out of L&D to free up a bed!) I insisted that they check me, and the nurse's eyes about popped out of her head because I was at 10 cm with his head bulging out. They also gave me an episiotomy that I was VERY vocal about forbidding, took my baby from me instead of letting me warm him on my belly, and sent me a lactation consultant who gave me formula "in case I got frustrated." There was no part of that experience I remember fondly.

DS2 was an intervention-free waterbirth in a freestanding birth center. I pushed him out in 4 pushes, and it was the most calm and beautiful birth I could have ever asked for. I DID tear a little, but my midwife said it was along the episiotomy scar, and that I probably wouldn't have torn if I hadn't had one for my first birth (GRRR!)

I'm always happy to hear about women pleased with their hospital births, because no one should go through what I went through. But for me, this one will be a home waterbirth! No natural contraction is EVER as painful as one supplemented with pitocin! I should know, I've experienced both :)

belledandy
June 30th, 2014, 06:12 PM
lala, i'm very emotional this time around, as in cry a lot for the smallest things. i don't remember being that way with my boys much at all. Also with them, I was more nauseous too.

i had an epidural with my first but it was a bad experience for me. i felt overly numb and uneven, like one leg was out but the other was there. so the second time around, i opted for natural instead and though i could feel all the joyous pain of birthing, lol, i actually prefer it. half the time, i was in a big tub of water to help ease the pain, so that helped.

have my 12 week scan tomorrow! =)

LilithWiser1979
June 30th, 2014, 06:16 PM
dreamingofwin, anyone guessing on that ultrasound pic you posted is taking a 50/50 shot! There is NOTHING there to go on there. Skull theory is a lot like the Chinese Gender Chart. It's supposed to be for fun, but a few women take it way too seriously, and scare the rest of us in gender limbo with it. Both have a 50% chance of being right. That's it.

angielorna
June 30th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Angie..want your scan today??! Waiting to hear an update!

Thanks for asking :) I was just coming onto update. ONE heartbeat found :) Don't have all the details (of course they tell you next to nothing until your dr gets the report). Baby, of course, looks like a blob...but I was super relieved to hear baby blob's heartbeat!!! She said I am measuring right on -- 6w1d from my LMP. I was surprised to hear that considering I got my BFP a whooping 9 days before AF was expected. I thought for sure I would be 6w4, 6w5, but whatever. My levels at 5w2d were 18,000 (and something) :0

Now I have to change my ticker...and go backwards! But oh well, it's a small thing....

Hopefully now this pregnancy will start to feel real! The only symptom I've had is extreme fatigue thus far.

I'm so excited :)

Angie

flowerlily
June 30th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Wow, you guys have been so chatty!

Congrats momto4boyz on your fifth boy, he is so lucky to have such an amazing mum like you!:)

Wow belledandy, such a wonderful news to hear about your pink bundle, huge congrats!

Welcome craycatcouple and lala22 and congrats on your pregnancies! I have added you to the list. :)

AFM, I have been so sick, hardly eating or drinking anything and losing weight so fast, so far I've lost 9 kgs:( and had to have another IV fluids at the hospital.
I really hope this is the last time I end up in hospital. :fx:
I'm 15 weeks pregnant and with my first the sickness lasted until 20 weeks and with my second it was until 16 weeks, somehow I feel like this time it's gonna be somewhere between that.

Sorry if I missed out on anyone or anything as I have a lot of reading to do.

Anyone going on holidays this summer?
I'm dreading it, especially with two kids and me being preggo, although most of the time the kids will be with my family in the UK, and me and hubby will go away for two weeks to Dubai, for some time alone before we become 5! ;)

Rosie85
June 30th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Maybe the second baby hasn't shown up yet?! Lol. I am so glad you got to hear the heartbeat. It's so reassuring! I really bet it's a little girl with the high hormones though! So now that you went back we have the same due date!!

angielorna
June 30th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Yup, Rosie, we do :)
DH was super relieved there was only one!!!!

Angie

Rosie85
June 30th, 2014, 06:59 PM
My Dh would be relieved with only 1 as well. I still secretly hope for 2 because I want more than 4 kids so badly but Dh truly doesn't want to go for more. Twin pregnancy scares me though.

angielorna
June 30th, 2014, 07:02 PM
I really thought I'd be ok with twins (I've always wanted 4 - a nice round number), but, logically, it will be easier with one extra (instead of 2). And I do hope to try to for a VBA2C, which I don't think I'd even attempt if I was pregnant with twins.

fingers eyes and toes crossed we both hear healthy and pink when the time comes!!!

Angie

lala22
June 30th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Excited to hear of other's birth stories and birth plans! I have heard Europe does births quite differently than here and I hear SO man epidural horror stories. I did lots of research the first time around and went natural with a water birth. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't painful but it was amazing and plan on doing the same this time around only because I have done it once I am having more fear about it this time around. Anyway, just curious of other's experiences- fun hearing everyone's outlook!

FutureMiniMe
June 30th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Hello Ladies! I have not read through all of this thread but wanted to hurry up and jump in. I got my BFP on Father's Day and have been lurking on the 2ww thread since to see who else would be joining us. I found out WAY TOO EARLY so waiting for my first appointment is really hard. My doc office will do a us to date the pregnancy I think, and I won't feel like it's real until then.

I have already felt soooooo tired, forgetful, sore (and big already!) bbs, a horrible back ache, and itchy. Usually morning sickness doesn't kick in until right at 6 weeks for me so I don't know how that will go until the end of this week.

Wanted to just say hi, especially to those I was chatting with on the other board. I hope that those who are anxious about everything sticking can find some peace soon.

SamS_TTCPink
June 30th, 2014, 07:43 PM
My birth stories:

DS1- waters broke at home and contractions started straight away at 5mins apart, went straight to hospital and were 2 minutes apart when I got there. From waters breaking til birth was 4 and a half hours. No drugs or pain relief at all.
Then I haemorrhaged! 😕

DS2- induced for specialist convenience as he was going away. Quick labour again, no pain relief, 3 and a half hours. Haemorrhaged again.

Twins- was vomiting for 3 days and really sick so went to hospital and they did nothing til 5pm that night when they finally did a scan and found they were compressing my kidneys (why I was so sick) and that they had developed TTTS. Induced and even quicker labour. No pain relief. Twin 1 was born easily but twin 2 was breach and had stopped breathing so they pulled him out feet first and then I haemorrhaged really badly and was rushed to surgery to see together my blood vessels but they told DH I probably wouldn't survive and to call my parents.

DS5- was induced again as they thought he was big and didn't want me to deliver a big baby due to my haemorrhage issues. Super fast labour with a million people in the room including the hospitals professor ready to deal with my haemorrhage, no pain relief and no haemorrhage!!

DS6- waters broke at 1am and I had to go straight to hospital as I had a positive BV result and had to have 2 doses of antibiotics, however they forgot about the second dose and it was you late by the time labour started that afternoon. Super quick, easy labour, didn't even feel contractions just got a back pain and started pushing, and mild haemorrhage.

😀😀😀😀😀😀

Longing.for.a.daughter
June 30th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks Belledandy. It is really stressful and like everyone else on here I have been super emotional this time around. I'm so happy for you with your pink news! I wish I could if got a blood test but it's very expensive here in Australia.

Congrats futureminime and welcome!

Longing.for.a.daughter
June 30th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Oh birth stories... Mine were not what I was expecting (but I know they rarely are!!)

DS1 - I got deep vein thrombosis in my groin which blocked blood flow to my left leg (after flying across the country to go to a wedding) at 26 weeks which I was lucky it didn't kill me as part of the clot broke off and lodged in my lung. I was out on huge doses of blood thinners for 15 months so safest route was to be booked in for a csection to allow me to be taken off thinners and baby delivered and put back on thinners in shortest time frame (and prevent catastrophic bleeding) he was delivered 38+1 happy and healthy and I recovered pretty well.

DS2 - was a repeat csection. I went to my first appt wanting to discuss VBAC and she gave me a list of pro's and cons, sadly the cons outweighed the pro's and I was on preventative blood thinners again and this poses higher risks. He was also much bigger that #1 so we went the safer route and he was delivers via csection at 38+3 with low oxygen stats but soon came good. I again recovered pretty well.

So I'm on daily blood thinning injections again for this pregnancy to be safe and again will have a scheduled c-section around the 18th/19th of December.

Longing.for.a.daughter
June 30th, 2014, 08:40 PM
MumofSix!!! My hubby would not let me go again after all of that!! Woweeeee

Abifasc
June 30th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I'll share mine too :)

Ds1: induced at 42 weeks because of being overdue and being GSB+. I really wanted a natural birth, and thankfully had a truly incredible midwife in the hospital. No pain meds even with pitocin. From my water breaking to birth was 4 hours. I did have an episiotomy, but we tried really hard to avoid it and I believe it was truly necessary. He was born happy and healthy and it was amazing.

Ds2: induced for same reasons at 41 weeks. Tried to have the same type of labor, but endured back labor and a terrible nurse who would not let me move...at all....during contractions. So I got the epidural because I was so stressed I wasn't progressing and it actually was awesome. I finally got a new nurse who was really kind and encouraging and was crowning about 30 minutes after shift change :) ds2 was born easily and I still could feel him be born! His labor was about 14 hours, plus a week and a half of pre-labor.

angielorna
June 30th, 2014, 09:13 PM
ooohhh, birth stories!

DS1 - 2w2d before my due date, my dr was concerned about high blood pressure and told me to go for a stress test the next day. If it was still high, they were going to induce. Packed the bags, went on up, all was good. Got home and (literally) 5 mins after DH dropped me off, my water broke. Being strep b positive, had to go right back to the hospital (after I finally got ahold of DH to come back and get me). 18 hour labour, 2 hours of pushing, emergency C-section. He was sunny side up and he didn't move the whole time I was pushing. I had an epidural at 4-5 cm because I couldn't take the back labour.
He was born exactly 2 weeks early.

DS2 was a planned C-section, but went into labour first. Was 4-5 cm I got to the hospital (and then my water broke). I almost didn't go in because I thought I was having gas pains, lol. The pain was so much easier than my back labour with DS1. They offered to let me try a vaginal birth -- stupidly I declined because at 35w they told me he was already 10 pounds. Turned out, at birth, he was only 9 pounds, 7 oz. He was born a week early.

I would really like to try a VBA2C for this one though I know I'm not a great candidate. But the OB I have lined up has agreed to discuss the possibility (she said I just need to sign a waiver if we go for it). But we haven't actually met yet. So we will see.

Angie

BunnyGirl19
June 30th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Marika I'm so happy for you! I don't believe in Ramzi theory! Hoping its your DD!

I don't either. DS1 and DS2 were on the left of my uterus early on per doctor and ultrasound tech confirmed with Doppler. I haven't bothered to ask since then as they were opposites.

lala22
June 30th, 2014, 09:49 PM
These are good stories! Mumof6- holy cow!!!! You are a very, very brave mama. Ok, mine really briefly went like this: water broke at 5:00 a.m.- went in a few hrs later to make sure all was ok and it was so I went home. Labored without contractions until 2 p.m. and then labored at home easily until 10 p.m. at which point it got a little rough. I went in and went from 4 to 7 cm very quickly and then from 8 to 10 even more quickly- got in the tub at 10 and 20 mins later my little girl was born. We had some issues with a short placenta so her O2 levels kept dropping..midwife was concerned but OB checked it over and decided we were ok to get up and birth in the tub which I'm sure saved me from a bit of pain:-)

lala22
June 30th, 2014, 09:50 PM
that would be short umbilical cord- not placenta. Lol