PDA

View Full Version : Due in December 2014 - Jan/Feb 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

crazycatcouple
July 10th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Thanks FutureMiniMe! I keep meaning to pick up some seabands, but have continued to not find time, lol. I will have to send my hubby out for them soon!! I bought gingerale, but for some reason it's just really not appealing to me. In fact, ginger in general isn't very appealing, but I found some candies on amazon that are mango ginger chews, so I think I'm going to order those and hope the mango flavor takes over while still giving me the healing power of ginger!

Thanks you so much Lilith!! That always confused me, and you just cleared it right up :-)

daisymoo
July 10th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Oh wow Thanks so much for all your guesses girls I'm starting to get excited now I do hope ye are right!
Sweetdream cute scan pic!
Crazycatcouple that's so cute about your daughter starting to suck her thumb in the womb! Does she still do it? Never knew they would start that so soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazycatcouple
July 10th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Daisy, yes, at 3 years old she is still a thumb sucker! She only does it at night and nap for comfort, so not all the time, but I'm honestly not sure how we'll ever get her to stop, lol. Her dentist said not to worry just yet, that as long as she stops by around age 5, there shouldn't be any permanent damage. It was fantastic when she was a baby because she self-soothed so well, and we never had any crying in the middle of the night because she misplaced it like some moms complain about with pacifiers. But now it may end up being challenging to get her to stop. I have to admit though, I still secretly love it...she's so adorable, cute, and peaceful with her thumb :-) It really does bring her so much comfort - I hate to take that away from her!

FutureMiniMe
July 10th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks FutureMiniMe! I keep meaning to pick up some seabands, but have continued to not find time, lol. I will have to send my hubby out for them soon!! I bought gingerale, but for some reason it's just really not appealing to me. In fact, ginger in general isn't very appealing, but I found some candies on amazon that are mango ginger chews, so I think I'm going to order those and hope the mango flavor takes over while still giving me the healing power of ginger!

Thanks you so much Lilith!! That always confused me, and you just cleared it right up :-)

I went to 5 stores and couldn't find them! I ended up having to order them from amazon. I thought that was weird bc I found them very easily the first two times!

daisymoo
July 10th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Aw! Too cute At least she has another two good years before she had to give it up and by then she'll be in school so she'll most likely give it up on her own anyway

crazycatcouple
July 10th, 2014, 05:31 PM
That's what I'm hoping Daisy! My oldest brother sucked his thumb till he was 9 years old... My mom couldn't get him to stop. The dentist ended up putting this awful retainer on him that had these spikes on the roof of his mouth. The first one only had like 3 and he figured out a way to wedge his thumb in between and still suck it, but the second one they put on had a bunch. My mom said he wore it for all of 1 week and she took him back to the dentist ton have it removed because it was making his tongue all puffy and she didn't think it was worth it. In then end though, once that one came off, he didn't such his thumb anymore. Poor guy! Of course that was back when my mom was married and she home-schooled all of us, so maybe if he had been going to school, he might have stopped on his own from peer pressure!

Our dentist is absolutely wonderful with kids and says she has a great way of getting kids to stop that she'll explain at our next appt. Something about Mommy and Daddy helping her to keep Mr. Thumb from getting in trouble or something...I dunno, but it sounded less traumatizing than my mom's dentist!!

daisymoo
July 10th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Yes definitely going to school and seeing older kids not doing it will make her give it up She's still very young now so she can enjoy it for a while yet My god your poor brother What an ordeal!!!

sweetdream
July 10th, 2014, 05:57 PM
I was a thumb sucker till 13! Got the straightest teeth without intervention!
My youngest loves his thumb a lot. I don't worry about it!
He has beautifull teeth.

Just had my second puking session! My goodness. Again it just came out of nowhere!
With the boys I threw up in the morning. Acid juk! And started at 5 weeks Max! Round 9-10 it got better! Now I'm starting to vomit at wk8?
Looks like my moms pg with me. (2brothers she was sick first trimester in the morning) with me she threw up till I was Born triggerd by smells....

Don't wanna get my hopes up but its soooooo different then before.

Longing.for.a.daughter
July 10th, 2014, 06:20 PM
It's hard not to get your hopes up and compare pregnancies... I had no MS with DS1, mild nausea with DS2 and was really real sick for 5 solid weeks with this current pregnancy which we now know is DS3, I too had my hopes up that because it was so much different it may have been a girl but no luck.

I hope your all feeling better soon! It's very exhausting have MS, working and having other children!

FutureMiniMe
July 10th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Ah Sweetdream. I feel for ya! I was totally there yesterday. I am in love with my sea bands. I don't even care how stupid they look on me. It is harder trying to hide them in summer than it was in the winter with my other two.

LilithWiser1979
July 10th, 2014, 09:02 PM
DH was a chronic thumbsucker into his teens. He had to have the appliance with the spikes on the roof of his mouth to break him of it, and it really flared out his front teeth (so badly he almost had to have head gear!) He wasn't EVER sucking his thumb when he was awake, but he would subconsciously do it in his sleep and wake up with his thumb in his mouth! Sooooo.... I was a mean mommy when my babies put their thumbs in their mouths. I swapped them out for pacifiers, but then, they didn't suck on THOSE past 3 months, so who knows if they still would have sucked their thumbs?

When you're ready to get her to stop, there's a nail polish that tastes TERRIBLE that you can put on her thumbs. It broke DS1's nail biting habit in a week.

Sorry to hear about you ladies and your morning sickness. The only thing that ever helped me was exercise, and it only delayed it. I'd feel pukey before my workout, absolutely fabulous 5 minutes into the warm-up, and then I'd vomit as soon as I got home when I was carrying DS2. I totally get what you mean about the MS and gender, Longing. EVERYONE around me told me DS2 HAD to be a girl because I puked until 20 weeks. The real salt in the wound was still having MS after I found out the gender at 18 weeks. Ugh!

oncue
July 11th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Hi ladies! I've been stalking this thread for weeks desperate to join you all! I can happily now announce that we are 12 weeks along and due Jan 26th. We were waiting for our 12 week scan just to chk heartbeat and growth was on track. Thankfully all is looking good so far.
We contemplated HT but as we cldnt afford more than one cycle we knew it wasn't for us. We accepted that we really want a third baby, and will be happy with either gender. I originally attempted the HE diet strictly (for 2 weeks haha) and sucked big time! So after out first BFN, I just took aspects of the diet that I liked and did those. Not ideal, but I'm ok with that.
DH and I are both pretty chilled out, so I don't think I really exhibit any 'Martha' qualities either hahaha.
Anyways we are still hoping blue, but we know we make fabulous little girls and will be thankful for good health and more cuddles!
Here's a pic (not very clear) from our scan. We also did the Panorama test on the recommendation of my Ob, so fingers crossed for a healthy bub and we can let u know gender in a couple weeks xohttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/9e9u2e7u.jpg

SamS_TTCPink
July 11th, 2014, 02:44 AM
Congrats and welcome to the thread. 😊

daisymoo
July 11th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Mumofsix how's everything going for you so far? Are you feeling ok?

FutureMiniMe
July 11th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Oncue, what a beautiful little baby! Congrats and welcome!

FutureMiniMe
July 11th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Oooh, I always forget something I want to post. I don't know how I could have forgotten this! First doc appointment went really awesome! My little peanut measured 7 weeks 1 day and we saw the heartbeat! Here is the scan: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/9emajaza.jpg

sweetdream
July 11th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Congrats minime! looks beautiful already.

SamS_TTCPink
July 11th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Mumofsix how's everything going for you so far? Are you feeling ok?

I'm feeling too ok!!??! I did have sore boobs and some nausea but it's gone. I've Lao had cramps. 😕 Super paranoid of another loss but HPTs are still dark. 👍

I'm also had mild headaches, and I NEVER get headaches when I'm pregnant. DS6 reels me there's 2 babies and I said is there a boy or girl, he said "girl". 😉💜 Being 2, I don't think he understands at all, but it would be nice if he was right and there was a pink bean in there. 😊

Thanks for asking. 😀

oncue
July 11th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Oooh, I always forget something I want to post. I don't know how I could have forgotten this! First doc appointment went really awesome! My little peanut measured 7 weeks 1 day and we saw the heartbeat!

So cute! Congrats xo

Abifasc
July 11th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Beautiful babies oncue and futureminime!

Mumofsix, my son tells everyone I'm having a girl and talks to my belly using the girl name we've picked. I think kids have an intuition about these things and I can't wait to see if he's right!

SamS_TTCPink
July 11th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Loving all these ultrasounds pics!! 💜

SamS_TTCPink
July 11th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Beautiful babies oncue and futureminime!

Mumofsix, my son tells everyone I'm having a girl and talks to my belly using the girl name we've picked. I think kids have an intuition about these things and I can't wait to see if he's right!

Oooo....I hope their intuition is right. 😉👍

Rosie85
July 11th, 2014, 10:47 AM
What a cute little bean future!!

Mum I had nausea too the first week of pregnancy and then it went away. I'm almost 8 weeks now so it must be okay for that to happen! I'm definitely not used to a nausea free pregnancy.

Rosie85
July 11th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Abi I hope your sons intuition is correct! We haven't told our boys yet about the baby. They will find out Tuesday if they do a dating scan though since I have to bring them to my appt.

daisymoo
July 11th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Congrats Oncue and Futureminime! It's all getting so real now with all the scan pics up Yay!!
I say enjoy no sickness while you can mumofsix! And please don't worry about no symptoms They will always come and go in early pregnancy and I'm sure all is just perfect
I do hope all our boys are right We told my boys yesterday and my oldest ds who's 7 is convinced it's a girl! I hope all our men are right!
Rosie I bet your boys will be so excited next week when they find out

FutureMiniMe
July 11th, 2014, 12:26 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Target has a coupon for 40% off of maternity clothes that expires today (you can find it in their coupon section of the website and print it out). You can also stack it with a $5 off $25 dollars cartwheel coupon AND they are having a Black Friday in July sale today with some already amazing deals! If you need to stock up on Maternity clothes, today is a great day to do it. (sorry is this ends up to be just a US thing. I tried to look for a UK Target website and couldn't find one. I went to the Australia Target's website but I could not find a coupon section. Maybe they would honor it if you print out the US coupon and take it in as a price matching deal).

FutureMiniMe
July 11th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I have it backwards...the 40% off is Cartwheel, and the $5 off of $25 is the one you have to print out.

Rosie85
July 11th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Oh wow! Thanks future!! Looks like I'm going shopping !

crazycatcouple
July 11th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Wow, thanks for the heads up on the target sale!! I'm trying to figure out if I can squeeze in a quick trip :-)

Mumofsix, I understand how you're feeling. I had really bad nausea over the weekend and earlier this week, but the last couple of days it's eased up so much! It worries me to no end, but at the same time, it's not to feel so crappy. I keep telling myself I'm just managing it better, lol. I've taken to eating more protein and snacking throughout the day, so maybe that's it as well. I just want this one to stick so badly!!

Lilith, thanks for the tip on the nail polish! I sued that when I was younger to break my nail biting habit, but what a great idea for thumb sucking too!!

Oncue, so glad you're not just lurking anymore and are finally official ;-)

Beautiful scans everyone!!

Oh, and my daughter keeps telling me she's getting a little brother, so yes, fingers crossed our kids know more than we do!!

oncue
July 11th, 2014, 05:16 PM
DD1 sensed we were pregnant before we told her (she's 3) and kept saying 'mum I'm happy for a new baby boy' haha I did find it a bit weird too!

FutureMiniMe
July 11th, 2014, 05:23 PM
My shopping trip on my lunch hour was a bust! The store I went to really has a teeny tiny selection of stuff :sad:! I hope some of you had more luck! They have some really cute stuff online!

sweetdream
July 11th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Ds1 said he was really hoping for a girl. Ds2 wants another brother. Ds3 wants a baby! Lol! We'll go with DS3 wish.

Ppl were real sweet and surprised. They know now!

belledandy
July 11th, 2014, 05:55 PM
wow, missed a few days and so much to catch up on, all these beautiful baby scans! congrats abi, oncue, daisymoo, and sweetdream! daisy, i'm not an expert either but agree with the ladies that that nub looks really girly - flat, with a fork!

oncue and abi, i hope your kids' intuitions are right. my toddler said to me out the blue just once while he was playing that he had "to get his sister". that was pretty funny and puzzling but he was right!

nausea getting better on my end as i head into the 2nd trimester - the honeymoon phase of pregnancy, lol. still hate the smell of bread, crackers...and opening the fridge still kills my appetite (for not much).

super hot here in washington today. where is everyone else?

FutureMiniMe
July 11th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Both of my boys say they want a girl! I think it is because we fostered my niece for about 6 months and they became really close. Now they want another girl around to play with.

belledandy
July 11th, 2014, 06:06 PM
ooh, congrats futuremini! so nice to see baby scans!

Rosie85
July 11th, 2014, 06:09 PM
My boys really want a sister too they keep begging for one.
I am having such an awful day. I'm so incredibly irritable. I feel like crying at how much my boys are driving me crazy. I don't even want to look at my husband and the thought that the baby in utero could be another boy makes me want to cry even more. I just need one girl..just one. Ugh.

Belle I am in Minnesota. ..very humid here and and bout 85 degrees. I'm miserable.

belledandy
July 11th, 2014, 06:27 PM
aw, rosie, sorry to hear you're having a bad day. i think pregnancy hormones can do that. i haven't been the most even keeled mom in a while since i got preggo...one day all sappy, the next day, Mean Cranky Mom. i hope you get your girl, just that one baby girl! i think all of us here have tried so hard for that one girl or boy.

hot AND humid does not help either. it's hot but dry here. stay cool somewhere. nice old fashion lemonade maybe?

daisymoo
July 11th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Belledandy I'm here in Ireland and it's raining all day (as usual!) jealous of all ye in the heat!!
Rosie Sorry you're feeling down , that's pregnancy hormones for you hon I have also been so irritable some days over the last few weeks At least we know what's causing it and it's so worth it to get the end result!! You will have a daughter Positive thinking!!

SamS_TTCPink
July 11th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Well it's freezing cold and -3 here (Canberra, Aus) with hopefully a top of 8 today (degrees Celsius)!! 😜

BunnyGirl19
July 11th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Portland, Oregon area.

Abifasc
July 11th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Wow mum it's really that cold there?

odd
July 11th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Awe..Rosie, I hope u find ur happy space again. I go through the same imotions a million times a day

I 'lost' my son for a brief while and couldn't breathe. Ran around like crazy to find himm. .

He followed some neighborhood kids into another neighborhood without asking me and couldn't find his way back..

odd
July 11th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Oh my mum...we've definitely had brutal winter here as well so grateful for this hot n humid weather

crazycatcouple
July 11th, 2014, 08:58 PM
That's one of the coolest things about these forums... Connecting with all types and all over the globe! I'm in Tampa Florida where it's in the 90's and super humid as usual. But at least with this pregnancy I'll be at my biggest when it's a bit cooler :-)

SamS_TTCPink
July 11th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Wow mum it's really that cold there?

Yep! ❄️⛄️

Off to the Gold Coast for a week on Monday! Looking forward to some warmer weather. ☀️

lala22
July 12th, 2014, 01:14 AM
I'm in Sacramento, CA- hot and dry here currently though today only topped 80 or so- beautiful. Though I have to say I am more sensitive to heat being in the early stages of pregnancy during summer than I was the last time being huge in the summer.

For all of those mama's worried about no symptoms and also wanting girls I have to say I was symptom-less with my daughter and it has been opposite with this pregnancy which appears to be a boy so far on all scans. Every mama is different with what hormones her body deals with best but I say take it as a good sign:-)

Rosie85
July 12th, 2014, 01:42 AM
Oh odd!! How scary! I'm glad all was okay.

Lala I keep hearing how symptoms don't matter but I also hear soo many women say how they had opposite pregnancies with each gender. I knew someone who had 3 daughters and 2 sons and all the girl pregnancies were the same..no sickness and no acne whereas the boys she was super sick and broken out at least from what I remember that she said. I'm really hoping the theory holds true for me since my boy pregnancies were practically identical in every way and this one isn't even remotely close in likeness.

coocoobananas
July 12th, 2014, 02:24 AM
My mom keeps telling me I seem so much happier this time (as in not still feeling yuk) so that's diff for me! (I was sick at the beginning) but it could be that with each pregnancy it has been a little more tolerable than the last...so may just be that:/

FutureMiniMe
July 12th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Wow, Odd! That is so scary. I did something similar when I was young. I remember my mom telling me the story.

Lala - fellow CA girl here! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (south of San Jose).

Abifasc
July 12th, 2014, 09:41 AM
It's very hot and humid here in coastal Carolina. I was just in Georgia this week and it was the same way. I would love to visit both Australia and Ireland someday. They both look like beautiful places.

angielorna
July 12th, 2014, 12:35 PM
My mom keeps telling me I seem so much happier this time (as in not still feeling yuk) so that's diff for me! (I was sick at the beginning) but it could be that with each pregnancy it has been a little more tolerable than the last...so may just be that:/

Just wanted to say congrats.....you're under 100 days to go (according to your ticker)! double digits!!
Angie

haha the quote didn't show your ticker at 99 days left to go. So this whole post looks ridiculous :P

coocoobananas
July 12th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Ha ha Angie! Thx! Yes I just got the ticker because I was curious what my percentage was! Lol

laVieEnRose
July 12th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Glad your son is sound and safe odd! It's always scary to 'loose' a child. I once lost my DS2 in ikea. He went to hide and as I didn't come find him he walked back the way we came. I had to get help from the staff and must admit I was impressed with the deployment of people. They found him in 2 minutes! I was frantic.

I have also come and go symptoms and sometime I wonder if I'm still pg. but then I have odd things like I can't bear the smell of wine, being very irritable still and so I tell myself yes I'm pg. lol.

Not much of a summer here in London. Some gorgeous days here and there but lots of rain too. Here, you can never plan a day out it BBQ. You just have to seize the opportunity when the sun is out ;-).

daisymoo
July 12th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Poor you odd You must have gotten some fright Glad all is ok now
Abi you're welcome to come and stay with us in Ireland anytime Bring your umbrella though!!

Abifasc
July 12th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Aw thank you!

hotdogz&boyz
July 12th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I am glad there is so much talk of low symptom pregnancies on here right now. I am also having fewer symptoms with this pregnancy and, at times, it freaks me out (losses screw with your head!). I have my irritable moments. And my nauseous moments. But nothing like any of my pregnancies before. This one feels so different. Which is funny, considering I do have mixed genders. Lol.

There were a few subtle differences between my boy and girl pregnancies. But nothing really obvious like morning sickness differences or different cravings. Those were pretty similar. I really could only pick out the differences in hind sight. A lot of them were only true in comparison (like feeling like I looked worse and slept better, etc). So, who knows.

I told my mom today. I can't hide things from her very long. We see each other almost every day. My fourth and final number was rather good and that made me feel better, since my symptoms have at least remained steady in their lowness, so I figure things seem to be going well. She was happy. Asked if we were finding out this time (No). And put in her guess that it is a boy. Lol. She will change her mind 50 more times before I have the kid. Not to mention she guessed girl three times so far and is 1 for 3!

oncue
July 13th, 2014, 12:20 AM
I have bad morning sickness this time and I did with both DDs. One difference this time is that I can eat meat and the last two pregnancies I cldnt stand anything about it.
Another weird thing that I'm not sure is normal hahaha is that I seem to have really hairy legs that are uncontrollable, they just get so hairy fast when usually I'm not particularly hairy!! I also have dark hair on my fingers that I have never had before in my life. Anyone else ever have weird hair growth during pregnancy? Hahah DH thinks it's funny and has taken to calling me gorilla mum! Hopefully it's not permanent!

belledandy
July 13th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Wow, we are really all over the place! This week's weather is going to be mostly dry in the 90's. Talk about baking a bun in the oven, lol. Thank goodness for cool drinks and stores with AC.

oncue, I've only read about some pregnant women getting hairier and that it's an OWT that it could be a boy??

Speaking of low symptoms, my symptoms are more or less getting milder now that I'm 14 weeks. I'm thankful for less nausea but of course, I get paranoid wondering if she's ok because I can't feel baby kick or move just yet. A couple more weeks? I heard that with each baby you have, you start to feel baby move earlier. Sometimes I think feel a "twitch" or flutter but it's all over my belly, not my lower abdomen. I'm already showing like I'm 6 months this time around though! When did you ladies start to feel something with your LO's?

sweetdream
July 13th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I've always felt them early. But its not per se earlier each baby. Place of the placenta says lots too.

angielorna
July 13th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Seriously, I have almost no symptoms. Super tired, my breasts have just started feeling a bit tender, and gassy (oh so very gassy).
I keep telling myself that I have never really had any symptoms in any of my pregnancies, but it still makes me a little edgy. My sister tells me to thank my lucky stars I don't have all day sickness like she did, but I tell you, sometimes, I'd almost wish for some of that just to feel a little more secure.

I've had one u/s at 6w1d - heartbeat 126. I'm going for a follow up u/s....dr will set it up on Monday, so I'm not sure when it will be (spotting last week). Levels didn't rise very quickly the last little bit (even factoring in they should be slower to rise now). 18,000 June 24 and 81,000 July 9. Still nice, within range numbers. I'm 8 weeks today, so hopefully baby will be a little more than a blob this time around :P I have to admit (despite my lack of symptoms) that I'm a little nervous a second baby will have popped up. I know it's unlikely but there is still a chance (and MIL keeps telling DH that maybe the second baby was just too small to see -- she likes to harass him).

Anyway, that's my update. If I didn't KNOW I was pregnant, I wouldn't think in a 100 years I was....makes me believe this will be another boy. But anyway, baby is who s/he is and I'll be excited either way to complete my family (so I keep telling myself, haha).

Angie

Rosie85
July 13th, 2014, 02:21 PM
I felt my first ds kick at 16 weeks. DS 2 was 14 weeks and ds3 was 19 weeks. With ds3 I was heavier and my placenta was more anterior for a bit.

Angie I can't wait for your scan!!

lala22
July 13th, 2014, 07:47 PM
belledandy- My first one I felt at 18 wks and I felt this little guy at 13 wks! My nurse sounded like she didn't believe me but I even got in on video- lol- hopefully it doesn't mean he's going to be a crazy one.

LilithWiser1979
July 13th, 2014, 08:54 PM
My baby is moving like crazy. DS1 is disappointed that he can't feel it on my belly, but I told him he'll be able to feel her kicks soon.

I think I've got most of you beat, heat-wise. It was 113 F today, and then it started raining. It cooled down to the 90's, but it means tomorrow will be HUMID and it's already predicted to be over 100F. Ugh. I walked into the grocery store to grab some stuff, and it had just started dribbling a few drops. By the time I was done, it was pouring down in buckets, and I had unwittingly parked in a low spot in the parking lot. Soooo... I ended up running through 8 inches of water to load up my car. Oh, and by the time I got home, it had stopped raining altogether. Ugh, gotta love the desert monsoons!

belledandy
July 14th, 2014, 01:06 AM
oh wow lilith, 100's? i wonder how you stay cool there.

i didn't know feeling baby kicking had to do with placenta location too, but i am heavier now than i was with my two boys, so i guess i probably have to wait a little longer to feel my girl kick.

angielorna, i know how you feel..being edgy about baby. now that my symptoms are getting milder, i'm getting anxious too and cant wait for my 16th week check up in 2 weeks.

BunnyGirl19
July 14th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Weight actually doesn't affect your ability to feel movement since you feel it in the inside. It might take you longer to feel it on the outside though.

I felt DS1 and DS2 at 14 weeks. I didn't feel DD until 22 weeks due to an anterior placenta. I just turned 18 weeks on Saturday and when I went to bed that night I felt baby on the side finally. I don't know where my placenta is located, but I'm speculating it may be more anterior due to the late feeling of movement and it only being to the side since this is exactly how it was with DD. My only other rationalization for late movement is that it may be a nerve issue due to DD being an emergency c-section less than a year ago.

hotdogz&boyz
July 14th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah, placenta placement can play a really big role in movement. My first son was at least 20 weeks (anterior top placement). My second son was 14 weeks (anterior center location). And my daughter was 16 weeks (anterior left placement). I am keeping my fingers crossed for a posterior placenta this time!! Lol.

Wanna hear a funny? Or maybe it's just ironic. So...guess what makes me gag and throw up and makes me so nauseous it actually makes me crabby?? Ill give you a hint...I have two children in full-time cloth diapers and five dogs (with a backyard to clean up daily). Yep...it's poop. GREAT. Lol. Maybe I can just pawn off backyard clean-up and most the poopy diaper cleaning to DH??! Not likely. But it's just kinda funny. Never has been an issue for me before!

Rosie85
July 14th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Oh hotdogz poop is so awful when you have pregnancy sickies. Ds3 wears cloth too but the smell of ammonia was really getting to me from the wet bag so I put him in sposies for a bit. Lol.

Abifasc
July 14th, 2014, 03:05 PM
My two are also in cloth but we're taking a break because I needed it. My morning sickness is getting worse and worse too so I don't know when I'll go back to it!

Rosie85
July 14th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Sad to hear about your sickness getting worse abi...I am glad I'm not the only one skipping the cloth because of the smells though, oh and the work they come with. I'm just too lazy right now!

Yesterday I didn't feel good and I was like oh my morning sickness kicked in. Nope. It's gone again. What gives?! Lol. I have a major headache though today so it's good I'm being spared of the tummy issues.

angielorna
July 14th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Well, had my ultrasound today. And my no symptoms = a baby with a wonderful heartbeat, measuring ahead from 2 weeks ago :)
My 1st u/s I measured 6w1d and exactly 2 weeks later, 8w6d. The tech said they will go with the first measurements (which I think is funny, bc if I didn't have an earlier scan, they'd never know). So, needless to say, I am super relieved. She didn't say anything about if she could see where the blood was coming from. She just said I have nothing to worry about, good heartbeat, good growth and her report will hit my drs when she has time to get it done.

And when she let me hear the heartbeat, I recorded it :)

All in all, that's all great news. Whew.

Angie

P.S. and there is still just one!!!

angielorna
July 14th, 2014, 03:37 PM
but on the Grrrrr side of things...I told a co-worker today about the pregnancy (because I had to ditch work last minute for my ultrasound appointment) and she congratulated me....and in our discussion basically said, I know you don't want to hear, but I think it will be another boy. Thanks, lady, with your BG children! She knows how much I want a girl (I've known her for over a decade).

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in there :P
Can't ruin my day, though!

Angie

odd
July 14th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Great to hear everything looks perfect angie...and is your coworker god or something? ?? I hateeeee this kinda attitude with passion..ugh

Abifasc
July 14th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Angielorna, that's so annoying!! What does she know?

angielorna
July 14th, 2014, 04:52 PM
oh I know. She says, you know it's the guy that decides. hahaha, little do YOU know :P It's not ALL up to him. I just kept my mouth shut. I'm not broadcasting my swaying unless it turns out the way I hope :)

Angie

belledandy
July 14th, 2014, 05:16 PM
oh, sorry to hear that about what your coworker said! not very sensitive, is she? when i've told my friends about swaying, more than half of them think swaying is joke and that it's really the men's sperms that determine everything. and some still think there are faster sperms too. but i guess to their credit, before i learned everything about swaying (a lot from here), i didn't know much either. on another note, yay, good to hear your baby is doing well! =)

daisymoo
July 14th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Fair play to you ladies remembering when you felt your babies move I only remember my first ds move and that was at 19 weeks Can't remember the other two What a bad mom I am !!!!
Girls well done for using cloth nappies I have always used disposables but I'd say the cloth ones are lovely for baby
Hotdogz Definitely pass those jobs to hubby At least while you have the excuse to now May as well take total advantage of your condition ha!!!
Congrats on the scan Angie Great to hear all is well And totally ignore that co worker She's just totally jealous that you're pregnant! You should say I know wouldn't another boy be fab! She'll shut up then!
Rosie enjoy no symptoms! You might wish them all on yourself!

Sunflower3
July 14th, 2014, 08:21 PM
So great to hear your scan went well Angie!
Hotdogz I can't blame you. I run a preschool so ALL day I smell poop. Lovely.
I'm lacking symptoms too Rosie. Nausea comes and goes but my boobs are bigger!!! The lack of symptoms worries me after all my losses. I'm 5 weeks today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Abifasc
July 14th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Sunflower, I had minimal symptoms at first like nausea and sore boobs, but at 7 weeks the nausea and vomiting hit hard! It's sticking around and worse now at 10 Weeks. If anyone is crazy like me I find comfort in symptoms so even though it's gross I'm kind of thankful for the sickness.

oncue
July 14th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Oh Abi I'm the same, just nauseous and vomiting. I am over the sickness now though. It came on at 6weeks and I'm just over 12 weeks and it's still here 😩 if my last 2 pregnancies are anything to go by, it shld hopefully pass by 14weeks (praying!!)
With both DDs I had an anterior placenta so didn't feel much movement til weeks 19/20. It's all I'm use to, so if the placenta is posterior this time, I'll be in for more movement.
Congrats Angie on ur scan too! Hmmm ur co worker sounds a bit insensitive esp if she knows how much u want a girl! Hopefully u have a pink bundle in there xo

lala22
July 14th, 2014, 11:01 PM
People say the most ridiculous things when you're pregnant..and ask the silliest questions. "Are you excited?". I loath that one.

hotdogz&boyz
July 14th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Haha Lala! My favorite was always "is he/she a good baby" when I had young one out in public. "Ummmm, no actually he is an asshole?!?" I never quite knew what to say to those questions. I don't really believe there are "bad" babies, so I just wanted to throw out that comment to throw people off (it works, BTW).

So glad your scan went well Abi! Sounds perfect.

I, too, tend to prefer to have some symptoms. And this time they are pretty scant and a bit come and go. Ill have a day of pretty intense nausea and then it will be much less the next day. It does "worry" me, only in the sense of losses. But I am trying to have faith. I did take another CBE weeks indicator (does everyone have those? The pregnancy tests that tell you how far along you are?) and it moved from 2-3 two days ago to 3+ today. So ill take that as a good sign. I guess I'll enjoy the lesser symptoms.

Anyone here still nursing a kiddo? I am just thinking about when to wean and wanted to see if anyone was in a similar boat. I prefer to not tandem nurse.

Marika
July 15th, 2014, 03:11 AM
Hi ladies!

Have been away on holidays for a little over a week so trying to catch up here now!

Angie - happy to hear baby is doing good! Sorry about that insensitive comment - what would your college know?

Have any of you gotten a feeling of what gender the baby is even before 12 week scans?

I am convinced I am carrying another boy. Maybe it's the first scan (8 weeks, looked to be on the right side on the monitor, but I don't know if pic was flipped or not, and also think scan was sagittal, so I know I shouldn't put too much weight in that), maybe a kind of defense and a way of not getting my hopes up or just pure instinct.

dreamingofwin
July 15th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Is there actually any truth in the right side = boy?

I think boy anyway but baby is 100% on my right as in a morning when I need a wee I have a lump where baby is and its always on the right side x

daisymoo
July 15th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Hotdogz even the thoughts of tandem nursing sounds tiring The things us women have to do in life!
Glad you had a nice break Marika and all is well with you
Sorry dreamingofwin never heard of that theory before so can't comment!

Rosie85
July 15th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I think the ramzi theory is becoming less accurate than what we all first thought. It was right with my last baby but who knows. There are several ladies on here who had ramzi opposites.

Gosh ladies I somehow contracted pink eye!! So annoying! I hope it isn't dangerous for the baby?!

daisymoo
July 15th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Poor Rosie! I've never heard of pink eye but I do think it might be an omen that your having a daughter if it's called PINK eye!! Hope it gets better soon x

Rosie85
July 15th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Hahaha daisy!! I like your thinking about the pink eye!

I have my first midwife appointment today...I will have them take a look at my eye and see what they say. There is a doctor in clinic if I need one. I'm excited to see if I get a scan or not today!

odd
July 15th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Hahaha daisymoo..love the analogy

crazycatcouple
July 15th, 2014, 02:36 PM
So glad everything went well with your appt Abi! They say the earlier dating scans are the most accurate, so I suppose that's why they chose to use that one.

Sunflower, try not to worry about no symptoms yet. For me they didn't really kick into high gear until about week 6, so they could still be coming!

I'm not sure if my symptoms are less this time around or if I'm just managing them better, but they are definitely not as debilitating as last time so far. I finally bought some seabands, but now I remember my issue with them...they hurt my wrists I think more than they help the nausea, lol. I do not have petite wrists and they are a one size fits all. I can wear them for a couple of hours and then have to take them off to give my wrists a rest. I found this stuff called Divertigo that seems to be helping. It's an essential oil that you put behind your ears. I don't love the smell since it has lavender in it, but after a minute or so the smell basically goes away, but the nausea control seems to kick in.

So I spent the better part of my work day today researching prenatal vitamins and supplements. Working from home has it's perks, but I have a hard time not getting sidetracked sometimes with stuff like that and now I'm feeling stressed because I'm behind at work! Anyhoo, what supps are you ladies taking now that you have your BFPs? I decided on Vitamin Code Raw Prenatals, as well as their B-complex, plus a fish oil (coromega), and then additional B6 for morning sickness.

Oh, and the smell of poo...yeah...every time I go to drop my daughter off at her daycare that's all I smell, lol. I can't stand being in there anymore! So glad she's potty trained and we don't have to deal with that at home right now. I suppose that's one perk to having more space between the two :-)

And Rosie, sorry to hear about the pink eye! From what I've heard it's not that bad to have, but it's highly contagious and kids won't be allowed in school with it so be sure to keep your kiddos from getting it if possible!

FutureMiniMe
July 15th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Wow, I kinda feel like I checked out for the last few days! I just caught up with everything.

Angie - I am glad everything is better for you now!

Rosie - Oh no! Pink eye is such a nuisance!

I really got sick at the end of last week but I am feeling better now, thank goodness. I am getting used to the idea that I have to really think about what I eat or drink. If I think of a food that doesn't make me sick just thinking about it, that is usually a safe bet. It is really weird but not that I have resigned myself to this process, I think I might be sick less.

I have no clear thoughts on gender so far. I don't seem to be stressing about it one way or another. What I have been feeling is that this first trimester goes so slowly! I really want to be in the safe zone and get some energy back!

Mrs_Incredible
July 15th, 2014, 05:59 PM
For the first trimester I went round the supermarket imagining eating the food and knew instantly if I'd be able to stomach it!! Never had that in any previous pregnancy x

daisymoo
July 15th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Best of luck today Rosie
Sorry to hear you were sick minifutureme and glad you're feeling better Not too long now til second trimester!
Crazycatcouple I am taking Pregnacare vitamins Have with all my other pregnancies too as they don't make me sick Thank god!!
Mrs Incredible what a great way of stopping yourself from being sick from certain foods Genius!!

Rosie85
July 15th, 2014, 06:39 PM
No scan but the internal exam was right on..it felt 8.5 weeks she said. My 13 week scan is scheduled for August 18th! I have to go make dinner now...will catch up more later!

lala22
July 15th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Crazy cat couple- I'm taking the same prenatals with some additional D and iron as I run low on those and then probiotics when I remember:-) What sort of work do you do from home? I'm sure that's helpful for when you're feeling icky and pregnant.

How's everybody feeling about another impending labor? I can't seem to shake the fear of the pain even though I coped with it last time- that doesn't make it anymore fun. Lol. I keep trying to tell myself that it has to happen and there's no use worrying about it and if I did it the first time, I can do it again but so far, there isn't a day where I don't think about it. Ugh

FutureMiniMe
July 15th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Lala - I totally had a freak out about labor! Although I wanted an epidural with both my previous pregnancies it never actually worked out. Labor is exciting to me but the anticipation of that kind of pain freaks me out! I'm thinking of trying to pick up some hypnobabies concepts to try to relax me more during transition and for the hard labor.

odd
July 15th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Rosie. .glad everything looks good - hope your pink eye heals soon. I have an appt at 8 week as well and ultrasound is included. ..

Now that I'm 6 weeks..symptoms are sorta hitting me. I cant tell if I have an upset stomach or jist feel nauseous.so far I had sorw boobs and complete loss of appetite along with bitter taste sometimes and very mild nausea in the beginning.

I'm actually soooo excited and looking forward to the the whole Labour experience since I never got that with my son. I'm looking forward to loads od kicks, sleepless nights and going full term..:-)

oncue
July 15th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Rosie what do they check internally to know how far along you are? I find it really interesting as I haven't ever had an internal exam

Odd I also often have a bitter taste in my mouth too it actually makes me feel worse when it happens. Can't wait for the sickness to pass

Crazycat I take blackmores prenatal pregnancy vitamins, they are quite popular in Australia and luckily don't make me feel sick

Hope everyone is feeling well today. I'm still super tired from about noon onwards so I try make sure I do as much as I can from waking up to lunch time. My poor kiddies are getting use to being house bound!

lala22
July 15th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Futureminime- good idea on hypno birthing research. I think I used some of their concepts in my last labor but who knows- it all goes out the window when things hurt that badly but I'll say this I held up just fine until 8 cm so I keep trying to remember that. Lol

Odd- What happened with your last pregnancy/labor?

odd
July 15th, 2014, 10:31 PM
I just have to confess and let it out. As much as I'm trying to convince myself otherwise, I do care and I am obsessing about every little detail and keep getting depressed thinking its another boy. I know it's wrong to think like thst but can't help it.

After having nearly perfect sway and attempt last month, and then having the miscarriage, completely threw me off. I went back and looked at my MFP and saw how ridiculousridiculously relaxed i was about eating...I can't help but think that i should just accept its a boy that my months of swaying and 'hard work' will be for nothing. I know all that matters is a healthy baby in the end..but I just can't shake these feelings off. Hopefully, admitting to myself by writing it will help.

odd
July 15th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Lala..same thing that greasemonkey is going through right now. Exact same situation with pre eclemsia, high blood pressure, fear of.stroke, baby born at 32 weeks. Not being able to breastfeed (my biggest regret) everything that possibly could ve gone wrong, it did in the end after having nearly perfect pregnancy.

lala22
July 15th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Odd- that's terrible! Well I'll send good vibes your way- they say the 2nd time around your body knows better how to handle things so I'm sure it will go more smoothly. And as far as GD- it's hard not to feel that way and it's one of those things I'm sure will be nagging at you until you see your healthy baby, boy or girl, at which point you'll be the happiest, luckiest mama out there:-)

Rosie85
July 15th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Odd I have similar feelings. I really really want a girl and I know my miscarriage was a girl...I could feel it. My sway was amazing and I'm scared the miscarriage ruined everything. I don't know if I will handle it very well if it comes out a boy. My hopes were too high from all this swaying so I'm trying to kick it down a notch and I have been talking like it's a boy but I really can't shake the feeling that it is a girl...I just don't want to end with a broken heart.

Internal exam is where they stick fingers up and them push down on the outside to find the top of the uterus. They can get a general sense of the uterus size that way.

hotdogz&boyz
July 15th, 2014, 11:57 PM
Ill admit I'm super freaked out by labor. I guess only having 13 months out from my last labor has left it's mark ;) Not really, her labor was not too bad. But gosh it hurts. I am seriously, seriously considering going the epidural route this time around. My husband would be forever grateful (he hates labor, with good reason!). My last was kinda scary cause it was an abruption that was actually missed for 10 days (I know the day I abrupted, thankfully, it was a minor tear). So there was lots of blood loss and chaos as I was on my way to the OR for an emergency section when I started pushing. But, I know that even an epi would not have done anything for that labor (aside from maybe them deciding on the section sooner, since I did not have an epi placed, they were kinda trying to wait for anesthesia to be available). But I just don't want to do it again. Lol. Just let the baby come out painlessly and quickly.

I kinda think this baby might be a girl too. And I don't want to think that. I prefer to be neutral. I know it doesn't mean much, since I was dead wrong last time. And the time before (Haha). But it's hard to not lean one way or the other. I just prefer to not have a hunch. I think it kinda makes my girl desire a little stronger too. Which is weird. I don't mind either way, but thinking its a girl seems like setting myself up for disappointment (although I don't think I will be).

BunnyGirl19
July 16th, 2014, 12:49 AM
I'm a bit panicked for labor this time too. DD was an emergency c-section last August and this one is planned to be a VBAC. All my labors have been pretty uncomplicated until DD. She flipped breech when I was 8 cm and then my water broke before they could determine what position she was in and if I could deliver, try a version, or need a section. She came out feet first, got stuck, kinked the cord, and the placenta abrupted (a big risk with my clotting disorder). Since I have preterm labor I usually get blown off by the L&D staff when I go in and none have heard of my disorder. I'm worried about uterine rupture even though I know chances are less than 1%. A friend of mine had a uterine rupture without having had a prior c-section or uterine surgery. On top of that, I've been dreaming I give birth on Halloween, which would put me just under 34 weeks, which means another NICU baby. :(

belledandy
July 16th, 2014, 01:27 AM
rosie, hope your pink eye clears up soon. i hear it's pretty contagious too right? eesh. no fun.

odd, i had those same fears on and off before i found out the gender and prepped myself as much as i could for another boy. i think that helped me a bit before finding out. i hope you can keep your mind off til you find out! are you finding out soon?

lala, whenever i think about labor, i start getting the sweats... i did both, epidural with my first (and it was just a horrible experience)...and natural with my 2nd. i still kind of remember the pain (there's nothing like it huh?!!!) and i hope i can be strong/brave enough to give it another go with natural.

belledandy
July 16th, 2014, 01:40 AM
oncue and odd, i have kind of the opposite taste in my mouth. all sour every time after i eat, yuck. with my boys, i had a metallic taste but with this baby, sour and hoping for it go away...soon!

oncue
July 16th, 2014, 02:06 AM
Belledandy do u know what u are having this time? With both my DDs I had a terrible sour taste in my mouth in the first trimester. I cld hardly eat, drink as it made the taste worse & always made my throat irritated that I wanted to vomit! Yes the bitter taste is awful and lingers, and I did have a metallic taste at around 6-7weeks but that has gone away, thankfully!

belledandy
July 16th, 2014, 02:13 AM
oncue, i'm having a girl this time around (according to Verifi blood test)! oooh, maybe you ARE carrying a boy!!!

looking back now..i can see the differences in this pregnancy vs with my boys and this taste is one of them in addition to the acne this time.

oncue
July 16th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Congratulations! That's wonderful! I had a panorama blood test (apparently I'll be an old-age mama when I deliver at 35 haha!) so I will find out at the end of next week I think. It's so crazy to think a blood sample can give that much information.
Yeah I have noticed some differences, not major, but a few that my head is trying to convince me are a 'sign' haha. I think otherwise I am just accepting that this is another girl so that I am prepared for anything.

belledandy
July 16th, 2014, 02:38 AM
Thanks oncue! Me here, also "advanced maternal age" mama. I'll be a few months shy of 39 before she's born. I was ecstatic when the nurse told me the news over the phone. Still, I have moments of doubt, thinking "what if" I'm in the 1% error group? I guess I won't truly relax and make a baby announcement until after her 20 week scan.

I hope you get to hear healthy 'boy' for your result! It's going to be an anxious waiting game.

oncue
July 16th, 2014, 02:52 AM
These were my words to the obstetrician 'if it's 99% accurate then someone has to be the 1%, it's likely to be me'. Hahaha I don't even know what the results are either.
I think the blood tests are more accurate than scans, so I'd feel pretty safe if I were u. I'll def let u know once I find out blood results too. It's definitely an anxious waiting game! Xo

crazycatcouple
July 16th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Lala, I am the Director of Content for Pregnancy, Baby, Child Information, Parenting Community, EverydayFamily (http://www.EverydayFamily.com) which is a preconception, pregnancy, and parenting website that my brother owns :-) I was an accountant in corporate America for many years before coming to work for my brother about 4 years ago, and I must say I feel extremely blessed. Not only do I get to work from home with and for my family, but my job also centers around pregnancy and parenting, which is what my life also centers around these days, so it makes for a fun and very relevant job, lol. Totally not trying to plug the site, but you ladies should check it out :-) I've even done weekly videos talking about your baby's growth and development both inside and outside the womb. You can check the pregnancy ones out here: Pregnancy Week by Week (http://www.everydayfamily.com/pregnancy-calendar/) Those were the first videos I ever did though, so they are a little rough. I've done more since then and I think they've gotten better :-) You can also sign up for our weekly emails to get them sent to you if you want, and there are lots of sweepstakes you can enter to win free baby stuff! Anyhoo, sorry about the plug, lol, I really try not to do that, but I am proud of the company and what we do!

Rosie - I just saw a post on my local mommy group board talking about pink eye remedies. Supposedly breast milk in the eye will clear it up faster than almost anything. Not sure if you're still nursing, but I know breast milk can help with a lot of ailments, so it's probably worth a try!

As far as labor goes, I'm trying to stay positive about it. I was at a friend's house last night and she said that when she had her last recently, that the pain was way worse than she remembered it with her first two - not exactly what you want to hear, lol. But... I had a wonderful experience with my epidural the first time around and used to say that I would rather do that once a month for 9 months than be pregnant again :-) The birth part for me was exciting and fun in a way since everything went so smoothly and my epidural took well, yet didn't get in the way of me feeling enough to push effectively, etc. I'm hoping I can do the same thing this time around, but you never know I suppose.

crazycatcouple
July 16th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Oh wow, those links were changed automatically to include the metadata. The company is just called EverydayFamily :-)

lala22
July 16th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Crazycatcouple- that sounds like an awesome job! Also, just so you know I've been doing some reading on other forums and I would say 80-90% of women say their subsequent labors were easier and faster though of course, still painful. I really did have a beautiful experience going all natural, it's just scary to be in that much pain- hard getting past that hump. So hopefully your friend is one of the few and not the many- lol.

lala22
July 16th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Sidenote crazycartcouple- I LOVE your daughter's name!

FutureMiniMe
July 16th, 2014, 11:04 AM
aaaaw, Crazycat! you are super cute in the video! You talk like you think that every single thing going on is adorable!! I love it. I only watched week 8 because that is where I am as of today. I love to look at all the different parenting websites! Thanks for sharing.

FutureMiniMe
July 16th, 2014, 11:55 AM
oh....also...my second labor was way easier than my first (although my first labor was pretty good too). It was much faster the second time around. I was seriously in the hospital for 20 minutes before ds2 was born and I didn't tear. I tore and bled quite a bit with my first. This time around I know that the parts of labor that hurt the worst will still hurt for sure, but I am hoping number three will be even easier!

Although I am now nervous that I might end up delivering in the car on the way. The hospital staff told me next time I just need to come in whether or not they sound like they are willing to admit me. I called when my contractions got more intense but they said they wanted me to wait until they were closer together.

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 12:40 PM
This will be my fourth labor...I'm not nervous at all. I wasn't for my last one either. It was my second I was terrified for because he was my first vbac. Oh god was I scared. I could barely sleep the week before. My labors are under 6 hours start to finish but I start at 2 minute a part contractions so I always opt for the epidural since it's so freaking painful. I get back labor too and the pain is so much worse than front abdomen. I'm hoping to do the tub this time and see if I can make it longer. I'm using a midwife this time so maybe that will be helpful too.

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Okay so when I have my ultrasound I will be 13 weeks and 1 day. Yikes! Perfect for a nub right? I kind of don't want to see it since we're doing team green. I feel like I might nubsess if I do. I think I will ask the lady to make sure there is no nub on the photo but then do I need to not watch at all either since it would pretty visible during the scan?? That kind of bums me out.

crazycatcouple
July 16th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Thanks Lala! It was one of those names that just stuck with us for whatever reason. I actually first heard it on the movie "The Golden Compass" which is a kids movie, but not super popular.

And thank you Future :-) That week 8 video I was still so nervous on. I remember having to fly out to Utah to do the shoot. We shot all of the pregnancy week by weeks in 3 days. I had never been on camera before and thought there would be a prompter or something, but no, I had to just memorize each line before a take. I had also never met the guy who produced it or the camera man before, so that was a bit nerve wracking. Now I'm great friends with both of them, so it's much easier when we have to do video. You should see the blooper video the camera guy made for me after we were done - it was hilarious!!

And yes, you should probably rush to the hospital at the first sign of labor then! I'd hate for you to be like that woman who's birth video has been floating around FB. Her hubby flew to the hospital only to have her deliver on the sidewalk outside the entrance!

Rosie, a midwife is something I said I would try out this time, but yet here I am and still at my same practice which does not have midwives. I think I'm just too lazy to try and switch doctors at this point, and I pretty much know I'm going to end up with an epidural. I have a ton of friends who have given birth at birthing centers with midwives and had such beautiful experiences. But here, unless the center is attached to a hospital (which the local ones are not), you don't have the option of pain reliever at all at a center. I've heard fairly good things about the local hospital being supportive of natural birth though, but the rooms with tubs are on a first come first serve basis, so no guarantee :-( I hope your labor goes smoothly with the tub and you're able to hold out as long as makes you happy!!

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Crazycat I am the same way! The only reason I switched this time us because we moved! It's weird knowing someone new is going to deliver my baby. My other three were all born in the same hospital with the same doctor. Everything about this time is different but hopefully it will all go smoothly.

I need to watch your videos...I am very curious now! Such a cool job!!

crazycatcouple
July 16th, 2014, 01:32 PM
From what I'm learning about the nub pictures is that it has to be on the correct side, at the correct angle, with the baby laying perfectly on his or her back, etc, in order to get a good nub shot. And even then it's not always obvious, so I would say that if you don't consider yourself an ultrasound nub-finding expert, you're probably safe to still look and not be able to tell with any accuracy. But just to be safe, make sure the tech knows you're wanting to stay team green and that you've heard about the nub theory so you'd rather not focus on that area :-)

Yeah, the videos are only part of the job, but overall, it is a really awesome job. I manage all our writers on the site and come up with content ideas and such, plus my team handles all the social media and contests. Oh, and I sometimes go to baby product shows, so I get to see and sometimes tests out the fun new products. I'm hoping we'll be going to the ABC Show this year while I'm pregnant because the various reps tend to want us to try stuff out and the last few times I went I wasn't in a position to need much of their stuff. Definitely more fun than corporate accounting, which is what I was doing before this!

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Oh how amazing crazycat! Got room for one more on your team?! Haha.

Yeah I think I will just tell the tech I am team green and don't want any clues. I can't believe I am doing this but my hubby really really doesn't want to know and I wouldn't be able to keep a secret so I can't know either.

crazycatcouple
July 16th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Yeah, there's no way I could keep the secret either! If DH didn't want to know, I'd have to go along with it as well. I think you may have said so before, but I'm guessing you haven't done the team green thing before? My mom always went team green except with one of my brothers that was considered high risk, so she got lots of ultrasounds. But back then they didn't really do them much at all, so it was easy to stay team green. It's funny though because I got my Type A/control freak/over planning personality from my mother, yet she somehow managed team green. I don't know if I could handle it, lol. I think it will probably be so much fun for you guys though, and especially your kiddos too!

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Nope we haven't done team green. Found out with all 3 boys. Since its our last we wanted to do it to experience it both ways.

Is anyone else's house falling apart? I'm just too tired and lazy to clean much more than just basics. My room is a disaster!

lala22
July 16th, 2014, 03:43 PM
I'm OCD- so life itself will fall apart before the house does. LOL

FutureMiniMe
July 16th, 2014, 04:02 PM
My house is a disaster right now! I will put everything away tonight and have a helper come in tomorrow to clean a little bit for me. I have to clean the fridge out this weekend which should be really fun considering how strong smells have been affecting me. Yuck!

crazycatcouple
July 16th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Ugh, cleaning out the fridge does NOT sound fun :-(

My hubby is crazy neat and is always picking things up before I'm even done with them! He's been staying on top of most things, but my clothes seem to just keep piling up by the bed where I take them off, lol.

It's my social life that has really suffered. I just don't have the energy to do anything these days. The millions of birthday parties for my daughter's friends take up any energy I have on the weekends, and I can't even seem to muster up enough to chat on the phone or hardly text, lol. In fact, we're heading out to a Dave Matthews Band concert in about an hour, and I'm dreading it! We wouldn't even go, except we already invested the money in the tickets and parking pass... I can't stand wasting money! I'm hoping I'll feel decent, but I'm worried since there's going to be so many people and smells, and it's hot and might even rain. Fun stuff.

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 04:25 PM
I hope you can have fun anyway crazycat. Maybe it will take your mind off feeling crappy!

Part of my problem is that we rent a townhouse that I hate..loathe actually and maintaining it just isn't in my heart...haha. my husband is planning on moving up in his new company for his new career path so we had to take a pay cut and move across state and rent in a low income area for now. Horrible neighbors I have. In order to move up in this company though he has to move out of state at moments notice so we can't sign a new lease or buy a house. Once he does promote...hopefully in a year to two we will have a ton more money and can buy a house but the waiting is painful and poor...ha.

FutureMiniMe
July 16th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Um, my husband and I DTD this morning and I have been crampy on and off all day since then. Is that okay?

hotdogz&boyz
July 16th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Yep, totally normal. Lots of women cramp, and sometimes even bleed, after sex during pregnancy.

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Yup I cramp after sex too. I also have been cramping a ton since yesterday's lady exam. Eesh. I also had some bleeding from it.

lala22
July 16th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Yeah I cramp after sex and after peeing from a full bladder. I never experienced either with the first one but every time now- it's pretty lame.

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 06:34 PM
I hate the cramping. Every time it gets bad I keep going to the bathroom to check for blood because I am so paranoid. My cramps right now are pretty bad and mostly in my back. I'm thinking it's because my uterus is tilted back farther than most women and it had a lot more work to pull forward.

FutureMiniMe
July 16th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Okay, thank you! It was never like that with the first two (except later on sometimes). It made me nervous.

belledandy
July 16th, 2014, 06:47 PM
this thread goes so fast, lol.

oncue, can't wait to hear next week about your results!

i'm scared that i'll go into labor too fast with my third. DS2 came fairly quickly and I did get to use the tub to help relieve the contraction pain. i was so nervous when it all started...my water broke, i panicked and drove myself to the hospital with DS1, didn't want to risk a home birth by myself.

rosie, my house is in a state of perpetual mess. sometimes i manage to pick up the toys but the boys...sheesh, they just mess it up again in mere minutes, especially when they play "garbage men and truck". i don't bother wasting my breath too much telling them to put their toys away either. usually DH comes home and being a neat freak, puts everything away, lol.

how is everyone's appetite lately? at 14 weeks, it's getting better. less nausea but a lot of things still smells bad to me. on my good list right now are plums and popsicles. can't have too much carbs or starch..makes me feel almost ill sometimes.

oncue
July 16th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Lately our place looks like a bomb went off in it. It's too hard to keep on top of at the moment. I just let the kids make as much mess as they need to. I feel bad as I have been sick, so we don't get out and about as much during the week and they need to expend their energy somehow. We rent as well at the moment and DHs work means we move around, so we are in a 2-bedroom apartment. There isn't much space, so not sure what we will do when this bub arrives.
My appetite is pretty average at the moment. I do need to eat often to stay on top of the morning/all day sickness. My fave thing at the moment are cold nectarines.

lala22
July 16th, 2014, 08:23 PM
I was sick but got out of it right around 12 weeks- now I'm hungry all of the time and after not putting on any weight for quite awhile have put on nearly 10 lbs very quickly. Needless to say I'm trying to slow down and keep up on exercise.

b'smommy
July 16th, 2014, 09:07 PM
It is so good to see so many new people on this thread! I have been away for awhile, my gender desire has been so strong, I just needed to stay off of the site for a little bit, it looks like I have missed a lot!! :)

I have my 20 week scan on Monday and it is driving me crazy right now. I had a super strict sway for 5 months, was even on Clomid (I needed it to get pregnant) and the ultrasound tech guessed boy at my 12 week scan and most on here guessed maybe boy too when I posted the nub shots. I have been pretty down about it and am trying my best to accept it will be a boy on Monday. When I asked my doctor about it (which we know personally), he said it was just way too early, but I feel like if the tech guessed it might be a boy and the nubs looked somewhat boyish, it's a pretty slim shot it will go the other way. Anyone else feeling the same? This will be baby #2 for us, we really only wanted to have 2 since we both work, but I guess 3 isn't completely out of the question.

On another note, anyone getting some good baby bumps? I lost so much weight on LE I was able to wear my regular clothes up until a couple of weeks ago, since then my bump feels like its been doubling everyday, lol. I went from 2-3 weeks ago looking like I had a little bump to whoa, I am preggo and feeling this baby move!

lala22
July 16th, 2014, 09:54 PM
b'smommy- fingers crossed for you. I for sure have a baby bump and can't button my pants without it hurting- I have some friends who say I don't even look pregnant but on a slim frame this belly looks pretty obvious to me.

Rosie85
July 16th, 2014, 10:07 PM
B's mommy...crazier things have happened..don't count yourself out until it's for sure. If it is a boy many of us ladies can vouch for how awesome two boys is! Maybe you can have a third later down the road.

No bump for me yet obviously haha. My bloat went down a bit but my stomach is not flat. Nobody would know I'm pregnant though. My mom would question it since I was so flat stomached after losing weight so I've been wearing loose shirts around family.

oncue
July 16th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Bs mommy is 12 weeks still early for an accurate nub shot? I also wouldn't count urself out!
I really hope everyone gets their DG! I don't know how I stayed team green for my last two pregnancies, but this time both DH and I want to know. This is our last bub regardless of gender, so I think we both just want to be prepared.

belledandy
July 16th, 2014, 11:57 PM
oncue, our living quarters are also tight as well. We're living in a 2 bedroom townhouse and there are random toy explosions everywhere. Thankfully we are moving in a few weeks to a new and bigger house after searching for a good year and a half, so now, our house has moving boxes here and there as well. Moving is overwhelming with little kids. Sooo many things to pack (and purge!)

12 weeks is probably the earliest you can get a decent nub shot if baby is cooperating. I don't know how you stayed team green for two but that's awesome. I only did it with my first and not my second. Definitely not with my 3rd, lol!

oncue
July 17th, 2014, 12:23 AM
Belledandy that's so exciting to be moving! I must admit I don't like packing/unpacking but when ur going to a new place that u love and has more space, it's exciting for everyone! So glad u found something before bub arrives!
I think we stayed team green as DH felt like for him there weren't any surprises apart from 'the big reveal'. Our obstetrician would always let DH check first then announce to me, so I think it was nice for him. Thankfully this time he is on board with finding out early!

hotdogz&boyz
July 17th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I had a boy dream last night! Thanking my psyche for keeping me down to earth. Lol. I went for my NT scan and the tech confirmed it was a really boyish nub. The only part that made me sad was how disappointed I was in the dream. I hope it's not how I really react. I was so upset in the dream. My dreams were right for my daughter, so it's hard to not believe this one was right too. (But we really aren't finding out at the NT scan, or any scan, as we are going for the surprise!)

I wish I had a bump!! I do still have a flat stomach, but I am SOOOO early, that I don't expect I'll have anything for months. I tend to be late in showing and since I am tall, I don't get terribly big. Even at 20 weeks, most people can't guess that I am pregnant. They might just think I have a bit more weight than normal around my middle. Not for not gaining plenty of weight though! I do that...it just doesn't seem to go right to a bump.

My house is doing okay so far. But it's more because we just got new floors and they are still all pretty and perfect, so it motivates me to keep things cleaner. I mean, I am not dusting or wiping baseboards. But I have been keeping up with vacuuming and laundry, etc. Although at the moment I have a nice stack of kids laundry that needs to be put away (and where am I? On the Internet! Lol)

Rosie85
July 17th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Hotdogz I have so many random stacks of laundry. I suck at putting it away..heck it's barely folded sometimes.

I had my dreams be correct too btw. All 3 of mine were boy dreams. I've had two dreams with this baby and it was all girl. The last one was us fighting over her middle name. I hope my dream comes true!

sweetdream
July 17th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I had girl dreams with my boys and now I had boy dreams!

I'm so super tired lately. My boys were in school so I went back to bed this morning. then in the afternoon the youngest was tired and the others in school. so I went back to bed with the youngest. and sleeping! sooo deep. hard time to wake up.

So I guess I'm not gaining weight by eating. but because I sleep so much....
If I crawl back in bed now I will sleep again....

crazycatcouple
July 17th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Belledandy, congrats on the move! We just moved at the beginning of the year, and boy, having more space has been a life-changer!! We too were in a 2 bedroom townhouse and both DH and I work from home so our dining room consisted of our two desk. Needless to say family dinners on the couch were lovely, lol. We almost doubled our space with our move and now have 4 bedrooms, and life is so much better! Plus, it's easier to keep clean when everything has a place :-)

No real bump for me yet, but at the same time it's uncomfortable for me to have anything pressing on it. I've been wandering around the house in a robe or with my pants unbuttoned because of it, lol, and actually wore maternity shorts to the concert last night for that reason, not really because I needed the room. Speaking of the concert... we ended up having a great time and let me tell you, I am in love with zofran!! I had held off so far in taking it simply because I'd rather not if I can manage, but a friend had given me one of her leftover pills for an emergency. I almost felt normal last night! It was fantastic :-) I'm definitely going to get a prescription for more when I go for my apt on Tues. I'll still try not to take them, but it'll be good for those random times, like a wedding we have coming up, when it just sucks to be nauseous and miserable.

As for dreams, I feel bad about it, but I actually don't usually have many dreams about the baby, lol. My dreams are almost always really intense and usually either sexy dreams or high speed chase type ones. Random. I'm hoping I'll have more baby related dreams once we get further along.

Rosie85
July 17th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Glad the concert was good crazycat! ! It's okay to wear maternity clothes at anytime...I do it too! Like you I also have a ton of sexy dreams when pregnant. It's intense, lol. I don't have many dreams about the baby...maybe 1 or two during the pregnancy so it is crazy I've already had two this time and they were so realistic. I actually had one before I got pregnant and it was so real that I had a daughter that I cried when I woke up and realized it was a dream.

b'smommy
July 17th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Oncue, I was 12w3days when the tech guessed boy, she didn't even want to guess and I kept bugging her. She guessed from a potty shot and said she couldn't tell for sure, it could have been the cord. I will say that when I looked at the monitor during the scan I saw something that was really long and flat, I immediately thought possibly girl before asking her b/c what I saw was so long and straight. Looking back at my nub shots the baby appeared to be turned over more towards the right, not flat on the back. Does anyone know if this makes a difference? I posted 3 pics and people could not tell from 2 of them but the third they said it could be a nub on the rise.

I am out of town for work this week and this sweet Vietnamese lady I have been working with told me today she thought it was a boy b/c I was so small and carrying right out front and if it was a girl it would be more spread out on the sides. Anyone heard about that theory?

I hate laundry, I don't mind washing it but the folding/hanging/putting away is the worst. I am a clutter freak and my husband is a clean freak, he gets really uptight when floors are not mopped, bathrooms cleaned, etc.. As long as things look picked up, that is clean in my book right now. I am one that will throw things in drawers and closets to get them out of the way and then take forever to organize the places you can't see.

crazycatcouple
July 17th, 2014, 02:16 PM
b'smommy, I am the exact same way! I will hide everything when people come over so that it looks all nice and tidy, but then it takes me another month to go back and undo the mess I did when stuffing things away and getting them back to where they really belong. We moved over 6 months ago, yet I'm still not 100% sure how I want my clothes organized between the closet and the dresser and such, so my clothes situation right now just has everything stuffed anywhere it will fit with absolutely no organization! I really need to sit down and spent hours figuring it out, but who has time for that? And when I do, that's really not what I want to be doing, lol.

And it sounds like the tech could definitely be wrong. Potty shots all look the same at that stage, and if baby's not in the right position for the nub shot, all bets could be off with that one too! Stay positive - you still have a good shot! And the theory on how you're carrying is just an old wives tale that has been debunked many times over. I'm sure it may be correct for some people, but it's definitely not a rule to go by, at least from what I've heard :-)

daisymoo
July 17th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Wow haven't been on in a while and if it keeps going this quick I'll never catch up!
Rosie so glad your appt went well Great news
Oncue would you be so kind to come over and clean my house for me!! I wish I had OCD like you My house is close to a bomb site these last few weeks I have barely enough energy to cook for my men let alone clean! My morning sickness is back with a bang this week just when I thought I was in the clear The joys!!
Love the website crazycatcouple I'll definitely log on to that and have a look through it all when I get a chance
How's everyone doing with weight gain? I'm 14 weeks and am already up 10 pounds!!! I think it's going from le to normal eating that made me put on a lot Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining just a bit surprised how quickly I'm gaining!
B'smommy I have the same hubby as you Clean freak! I've hidden stuff in the tumble dryer just so the place looks tidy!!

FutureMiniMe
July 17th, 2014, 05:58 PM
I am so jealous of the ladies who are married to clean freaks! My DH could really care less. He will change his clothes all around the house and hide the discarded pieces somewhere so I don't see them to get mad about it. Drives me crazy! He says that he hides them bc he doesn't have time to put them where they go in the morning but he stashes them until he can get back to them (and then forgets!). It is nice that he takes his clothes out of the bedroom to change in the morning bc he gets up earlier than I do.

sweetdream
July 17th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Mine is like that too. Forget samen lot too.
On the other hand he's sweet and cooks and help out a lot. I just always need to ask. But mostley he does it then.
(If he doesn't forget lol)

FutureMiniMe
July 17th, 2014, 06:17 PM
yeah, my DH is helpful in so many other ways that it evens out in the end. He is CRAZY forgetful though!

Rosie85
July 17th, 2014, 06:24 PM
My husband is not very helpful. He is messy and I have to practically beg him to remember to take out the trash. I wish he would change his ways. I swear he is messier than the boys.

daisymoo
July 17th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I guess we'll have to start teaching our own little men how to tidy and clean from an early age so they can be perfect husbands some day!!

angielorna
July 17th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Hi ladies! Been trying to catch up. DH is less of a clean freak than he used to be (thank goodness) but he still does the majority of tidying around the house. I've been soooo tired between work, the kids, and "school"...ugh. I have an assignment due tomorrow that I haven't started yet (I'm such a procrastinator) and assume I'll be up all night because I can't get my butt in gear! My mom's in the hospital, recovering from knee replacement replacement surgery (she's having her replacement replaced). So that's been stressful (hospital is an hour away and I drove up there after work last night and back for training today at work). All I want to do is SLEEEEEEEEP! It's my only real symptom of pregnancy (fatigue) and I can't give in even for a minute. ugh.

Anyway, enough with the whining....I think I told everyone my last ultrasound went well...the dr called and confirmed that the hr is 171 bpm and the baby was measuring 9w1d (so a week ahead of where baby should have been since last scan). Crazy, right? She said the new report puts my due date at Feb 16, but the tech said we'd stay with Feb 22. So, not sure what to think about all that. Happy, yes, strong heartbeat, growing baby.... :)

No one wants me to wait until the baby is born to find out the gender (including DH). My mother asked 'why do we have to wait just because YOU don't want to know?' Um, because this baby is growing in ME and I get to decide?????? lol. I have a feeling I'm going to cave and give into peer pressure :P

Anyway, I should most likely stop procrastinating and start my dang assignment. I miss being on here so much (since I got reamed out by my boss for slacking and being on line during the work day) but have a hard time finding time in the evenings.....

Angie

oncue
July 17th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Daisy id be happy to help u out, but my house is a bomb too at the moment! Hahahaha normally I am pretty tidy but with this morning sickness I reserve my energy for 'essential' duties like feeding the kids. My DH has been picking up the slack til I get better.
I am the same weight at the moment. My obstetrician weighs me at each appointment (my old one never did) so I find it confronting! I lost 0.5kg between 8 weeks to 12 weeks because of being sick and not doing much, but I think it was muscle loss as i am so flabby haha. As this is my last pregnancy I'm excited to eventually reclaim my body as I have tended to give up looking after myself when we the little ones have come along.
Bsmommy, I'm no ultrasound expert by any means, but from everything I've read anything before 15 weeks is too early for a potty shot. I think nub shots increase in accuracy at 13 weeks too. I think that u need the right angles, bub needs to be lying as flat as possible too. It sounds like tech was unsure too if she didn't want to say. I really really hope that this is ur girl. I'll unload all my pink dust onto u!!
I cldnt sleep very well lastnight as DD2 was in our bed and had her feet in my face for most of the night, so I started thinking about having 3 kids. I freaked out a bit haha as I will have 3 under 3.5yrs! What are the age differences for everyone's kiddies? I was thinking as soon as I start feeling better, I'll have to start DD2 on toilet training as that will prob make things easier. One of my sisters has one kid, the other has 6 kids under 7yrs, but I think she's super mum!

b'smommy
July 17th, 2014, 07:45 PM
daisymoo- I think it is coming off the LE diet and keeping the protein so low, it is easy to put the weight back on. I lost 14 lbs, I went from 132 to 118lbs (actually underweight for my height) to back up to 132 at my 16 week appt. I was starving in the beginning too, I think my body was just trying to catch back up.

crazycat- thank you for your sweet words. :) I had to check out your site too, it is great!!! Thank you for sending the info, sounds like you have a fabulous job.

angielorna - sorry you have so much to do, I always procrastinated too when it came to assignments. I hope your mom gets better soon. Glad your scan went well. Our baby was measuring bigger too at the 12 wk scan but they didn't change the due date, the tech said it was probably b/c we were both tall and the baby would prob. be tall.

My DH is very helpful, he never stops. I am very thankful, but at the same time it is stressful. He will mop the floors and dust, etc.. and sit back on the couch like, "ahh..isn't it nice to be in such a clean house". But on the flip side the curtains and throw pillows aren't in their place and toys and clutter is out. The other day he sent me a text that he was on his way home early from work, 2 hrs early. I had 20 min, the house was a mess! I told my son we had to hurry up and clean the house and the little man helped, he was busting a move, lol! I got more done in that 20 min than I had all day and DH walks in the house and comments on how nice it looks, haha.

daisymoo
July 17th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Angie good luck with your assignment After you hand that in you should really try to look after yourself hun You don't want to run yourself into the ground Please try and get some rest Hope your mom recovers well And if you don't want to find out gender then don't It's totally up to you It's the total opposite in my house My mom and hubby are like please don't find We want a surprise!!
Oncue wow 3 under 3.5!!! You're a bit of a super mom yourself!! There's 2.5 years between each of my sons and there will be nearly 3 between the third and the new baby I had my little man in our bed last night too I got the head and my hubby got the legs kicking him The joys! Wouldn't swap it for the world though!!

oncue
July 17th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Angie I completely missed ur post! Good on you for tackling an assignment. I honestly don't know how u do it on top of everything else. Glad ur mums surgery went well, hope she recovers quickly. I think it's funny how everyone wants to find out what ur having except u hahah, it's very cute, they must be sooo excited too!
I agree daisy, feet in my face, knees in my back, legs pushing blankets off on cold nights, farts under the doona hahah they do it all, but there's no way we'd swap it for anything! X

BunnyGirl19
July 17th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Everyone is giving me a hard time about not wanting to find out gender either. My mom is acting like such a spoiled brat about it too. She keeps telling me it's not fair and she deserves to know, that I should at least have my doctor tell her what it is. My anatomy scan is tomorrow and my husband thinks I'll cave and find out anyway. I'm tempted to find out and just not tell anyone, but I'm afraid of GD.

Rosie85
July 17th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Ladies... my cramping and ligament pulling is so bad today I'm practically in tears. I've barely moved because when I do its worse. Anyone else have it this bad?! I've never had it to this extent. I don't know why it's hurting so much. I still have pregnancy symptoms and no bleeding so I don't think it's a miscarriage and it's not ectopic as the pain is all over and my uterus is where it's supposed to be week wise. I figured by the 4th baby my uterus knew what to do and the stretching wouldn't be so bad. With ds3 i barely cramped past 6 weeks and only had pulling pain here and there.

lala22
July 18th, 2014, 12:44 AM
My pulling pain is worse this time around Rosie- not debilitating UNLESS it's after I go pee- I have bad cramping after that- weird huh?

AND why the heck do so many of you have clean freak husbands! I want one! Mine is like a child!

Rosie85
July 18th, 2014, 01:38 AM
Lala we have similar husbands!

I tried reading up on how ligament pains can get so horrible all I found was that it could be related to twins. I'm a wee bit freaked out now since my uterus was measuring ahead already. My Dh would kill me...lol

coocoobananas
July 18th, 2014, 01:51 AM
I had ligament pain before I even got my bfp! Now I get up off the couch and cramp up!!! Maybe it's 4x pregnancy on the poor uterus or maybe it means girl;)

belledandy
July 18th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Oncue and Crazycatcouple, thanks! After a year and a half search and 7 house bids, we're really happy to finally have a bigger place to move into before our 3rd baby comes along, not to mention, in a great school district for my 5 year old to start kindergarten.

Oncue, 3 under 3.5! Here comes Supermom! I'll have three under 5, with my 2nd being 2.5 years younger and third 3.5 years. Hopefully I can potty train DS2 by the end of summer somehow... Oh goodness, I hate potty training but I guess I have to buckle down and just do it!

B'smommy, funny. A Vietnamese hair stylist told me that I looked like I was carrying a boy (though I said baby was a girl). I forgot what she said about my belly though, but she was wrong, so I wouldn't take any stock in that kind of OWT.

Daisymoo, weight gain for me has been slow but steady. I lost weight in the first tri and now slowly gaining weight again...only 2 lbs so far though and hoping to keep it steady! Thinking it might be so b/c this baby seems to be more particular about food...craving fresh and healthy food in general.

Speaking of dreams, I never had a boy/girl dream before or during baby. The only dream I had before my BFP was of a baby elephant visiting me. Since then, I seem to run into more "elephant" signs... A blue Gymboree dress with an elephant on it (so I bought it even before knowing baby was a girl!) and an old but unused elephant lovey given to me as a present that I found while looking for something for my boys in their drawer. I almost want to call her Ella or Ellie!

Angielorna, good luck on your paper. What are you studying?

Rosie, would a belly band work? I used to have horrible ligament stretching with DS2 but later in my 2nd tri though.

daisymoo
July 18th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Best of luck at the scan Bunnygirl Let us know how it goes x
Rosie I have very sore stretching too I couldn't move in bed last night but I've learned not to move too quickly and lie down for a while and it seems to go away then Maybe it is twins for you How exciting!!!
Belledandy definitely call her Ellie That's a beautiful name! And congrats on the house What an exciting time!

daisymoo
July 18th, 2014, 03:57 AM
Lala I'll send my hubby over this weekend to tidy your house He'd love it!

Mrs_Incredible
July 18th, 2014, 04:20 AM
B'smommy... My tech looked at the potty shot at 12+4 and said it looked too far out to turn into a girl, to ne it looked like a turtle, i got the shock of my life when 2 weeks later i got my harmony result that said girl. Too early, they all look the same. Fx for you xx
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

FutureMiniMe
July 18th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Angie, I hope you get through all your work and are able to get some rest!

Rosie, I hope you feel better soon. I don't have any answers for you but maybe you can get your doctor to do an earlier scan if you are concerned.

Oncue, Definitely super mom status! I had three under three for about six month when we fostered a niece from my dh's side for a little while. It was a crazy time! My boys are a month under two years apart (5 and 3 next month). But I had DS1 potty trained while I was on maternity leave for DS2, and DS2 has been potty trained for maybe 6 months or so but was ready before that (I was lazy, lol). There will be a 3.5 year difference between ds2 and the new LO.

Oh ladies...I had a hard time yesterday. On the way home from work I stopped by Motherhood Maternity to get some pants (I like to jump in early with maternity pants. My tummy doesn't like the pressure of regular ones). A older lady came in to buy a nursing nightgown for her daughter and I just lost it in the fitting room. My mom died a little over two years ago and we were super crazy close. I knew I was going to have a hard time with missing her through a future pregnancy the moment she was gone but it really has been hitting me lately. The pregnancy hormones don't help, or course.

hotdogz&boyz
July 18th, 2014, 01:19 PM
:( Future. I am so sorry for your loss. I just can't even imagine how hard that must be. I think I would react the sane way, pregnant or not. I'm just so sorry for you. Hugs.

Gosh Rosie, I'm sorry about all the discomfort. I've had more this time too. Sometimes sudden pulling sensations that I don't think happened until WAY later. Plus, I think I *might* have an ovarian cyst on my left side. It's been hurting since before the pregnancy, like a dull ache. And it's getting more sore, I guess cause things are stretching. I don't suspect ectopic, I have no signs of one (bleeding, abnormal HCG), plus, it was here before I got pregnant. But it's not comfy.

I did actually have three in 3.5 years, almost exactly. My first turned 3.5 the end of April and my third was born in early May. It wasn't too bad. My middle guy is easy-going, which helped. And the baby was pretty chill too. My oldest is my challenging kid. Always has been! When this baby comes ill have: almost 5.5, almost 3.5, 20 months, and newborn!! I might be crazy!!

Rosie85
July 18th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Oh future I am so sorry about your mom. That has got to be very difficult for you.

Hotdogz...maybe I have a cyst too?! It's pretty common for me to get them. I'm sure it's not a big deal the pain is so bad. Must be normal if you ladies are reporting similar issues. I'm just a big baby about it! Haha

For those of you not as far along when are you going to tell people if you haven't said already? I am an ting to wait until after my 13 week ultrasound. Did we have this conversation already? Gosh I'm tired and have the memory of a goldfish.

BunnyGirl19
July 18th, 2014, 04:59 PM
My anatomy scan didn't go well. I wanted gender to be a surprise, but baby rolled over and flashed the goods. Definitely a boy, which we didn't want. On top of that, some things looked off in his brain and heart. I can't say I'm having GD, but more feeling a lot of anger because last night DH said no more kids even though we had said we'd have a sister for DD. So, on top of having the wrong gender the baby may not be healthy and I may not get another shot at another baby. I feel like I'm being punished. My last pregnancy loss was a medical abortion because something was wrong and baby was going to pass anyway (clotting disorder complications) and I couldn't bear to wait it out because once you hit 14 weeks you have to be induced and deliver and I was 11 already. I'm just feeling overwhelmed now because everything just fell apart on me.

Abifasc
July 18th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Oh I'm sorry things didn't go well, Bunny. Are they going to do another ultrasound to check his brain and heart? I hope your hubby comes around. Hugs!

odd
July 18th, 2014, 05:05 PM
So sorry to hear that bunnygirl. :-( it s absolutely heartbreaking when u hear that there maybe am issue with the baby.

BunnyGirl19
July 18th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I get another scan in a month and they'll recheck things. Something looked off with his valves and in his brain something was too small and domething else was too big. They didn't say what it could mean or if it was a big problem or not.

DH is not completely opposed to trying for #5, but prefers not to. Says he was fine to stop at 3 and thinks 4 is enough. I had told him if #4 was a girl I'd be content with stopping, but not if it were a boy. That's where we're at now. He was so sure this one was a girl though. I just didn't feel anything one way or the other before this.

Rosie85
July 18th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Oh bunny I am so sorry. I hope things turn out okay with baby boy though. I can't believe they didn't say what it all could mean.

FutureMiniMe
July 18th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Oh Bunny i am so so sorry to hear your news! Sending your family prayers and positive thoughts! I hope everything turns out alright.

angielorna
July 18th, 2014, 05:57 PM
I can't even come up with the right word for what I think about your situation, Bunny. Sad, frustrated, angry, scary....all seem to fit. I'm so sorry the tech wasn't more upfront with you about what these things might mean. I understand why you might feel like you are being punished, but I am POSITIVE that's not it. This is what it is and it's not because of anything you have or haven't done now or in the past. I hope whatever it is resolves by your next scan and hubby gets on board for future children. Give it some time, things may very well work out perfectly over time. Hugs to you!
Angie
P.S. I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your last pregnancy. What a heartbreaking decision to have to make.

Rosie85
July 18th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Angie said it best! Everything she said.

daisymoo
July 18th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Oh Bunny sorry to hear this news How horrible I really hope your little man improves and that by your next scan he'll be as right as rain

Sunflower3
July 18th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry I'm behind on this thread already.
Bunny I'm sorry. I would want another scan sooner than 1 month. Can you get one? I'm hoping that maybe the tech was wrong? Were you able to speak to your dr?
I'm also sorry about your losses. They are so devastating and heartbreaking.

Hotdogz- I'm still breast feeding ds 3 and he is 2. He is very attached and I've trying weaning several times with no luck. I'm not bothered by it and I know several ppl who breast fed through pregnancy.

Rosie I've having cramping pulling etc. figure it's normal for my sixth pregnancy (2 pregnancy losses)? Hope you and Hotdogz feel better.

Nausea hit me hard on Wednesday night and hasn't eased up much at all. I feel hung over like I drank way too much and I'm overall yucky feeling tired nauseous and just blah. I guess that's good. I hope so. Nothing helps. Food eating or not eating but I'm still gaining weight. Blah!!

hotdogz&boyz
July 18th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I am a horrible judge of how painful things are. I get wicked period cramps during my cycle and have learned to manage them. And then three natural births, I guess maybe I'm not bothered by pain the same way as some people. It feels more uncomfortable than painful. But it's so consistant, ill have them check it out on Thursday at the sonogram. I love the tech, I have had her all along and she will answer my questions. I'm not sure what the do if it is a cyst. I've never actually had one.

Oh Bunny :( I am SO, so sorry for you. How horrible to be left in limbo. You must have so many questions and that must be a terrifying feeling. I hope you get some answers soon and can come to peace with your husband as to your decisions on having more children. I do hope your baby boy is okay and you find it's not as bad as you must be fearing.

Rosie, we will tell people after the 13 week mark too. My mom already knows. I see her almost daily and just can't hide things from her. But she is keeping it from my dad right now (he worries a lot about my health because of the blood clotting issues). So it's just my mom and hubby who know. I might tell my brothers after our scan next week. But, more likely, ill just wait a while, til I feel a little better about things. I will def keep the news within the close family until the second trimester. Unless my belly gives me away before that, but that is extremely unlikely, I show pretty late.

I do, somewhat, fear that folks aren't going to take to this pregnancy as "good news" or as excitedly. I don't know if its because its our fourth or if people think we "need" to be done because we have one of each gender. But it was always in our plans to have more than three. I'd even have one more after this if hubby was on board (he isn't). But I do think the reception of this one will be pretty lackluster. Hence wanting to keep it a secret longer. We can be happy about it in our own bubble (me, hubby, and my mom...who loves all things babies and grand babies).

oncue
July 19th, 2014, 12:00 AM
I'm so sorry bunny 😔 I pray that ur little boy will be fine and hope that you are ok too xo

Hotdogz I agree that even after the first child, the 'novelty' and excitement of a new baby wears off on people apart from family and close friends. When we had DD1 we had constant calls, ******s of visitors and were so busy. With DD2, it was pretty much family and close friends. This time when we tell ppl they are like 'oh congratulations a third' and usually follow it with do I know what I'm in for, or are you sure u can handle three. Hahaha the lack of enthusiasm makes me laugh!

lala22
July 19th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Bunny- I too agree, Angie said it best. I would be in a fit of rage and concern so I understand your feelings. I would also call the doctor to see what hey have to say and see about looking at the baby again sooner- just a thought. Hotdogz- you have one of each gender? Your photo looks like you have 3 boys?

Rosie85
July 19th, 2014, 02:07 AM
Yup with ds3 the only one excited was my mom...everyone else could have cared less. I am assuming this one will be the same way. It's sad that people only care about 1st babies. My mil buys so much stuff for ds1 but nothing for the other two...it really angers me.

BunnyGirl19
July 19th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Thanks guys. I just feel so overwhelmed right now trying to process things. My doctor double-checked on ultrasound himself because the tech couldn't get clear enough views of what he needed to see. He also had a hard time getting clear pictures, but said he was finding the same results as the tech. The brain issues are worrying me more than the heart issues at this point. It seems to be something with one of the valves that's off and I know that can often be corrected by surgery or medications so it's less worrisome. I just don't know what to think or expect with the brain though. My first trimester screen came back normal range for risks, but they don't do a NT scan here normally unless you are 35 or have a previous child with chromosome issues, although I the scan with my last pregnancy. DS2 had what appeared to be heart abnormalities at around 14 weeks because one of his chambers was measuring much smaller than the others, although it caught up by the third trimester and things were fine. These are entirely different issues this time though and I wonder if my age is starting to come into play for abnormalities (I'm 33). DH hasn't really said anything one way or the other about it other than "well, you have one girl" and that's not the least bit comforting or helpful to me. I don't think he gets it because he's never really wanted girls anyway. I grew up with two brothers and always wanted a sister. I was always treated horribly by my brothers and felt outnumbered and alone. I always wanted to have two daughters to have that close sisterly bond I never got. As it is, my boys are already picking on and ostracizing DD and she gets very upset about it. I can only imagine it getting worse as she gets older and understands more about what's going on.

sweetdream
July 19th, 2014, 03:11 AM
I'm so sorry bunny! I hope everything turns out well..
I understand you wanted a sister for your daughter. I'm the youngest sister with two brothers as well.
They weren't always sweet to me, but I love them dearly and they love me.
It's something belongs in brother/sister relationship. I know they would beat the crap out of my DH if he would hurt me in one way or another. LOL!

I think you need to be careful you don't let your fear become reality. My brothers felt left out because they thought my mom was placing me first because I was a girl.
And that was a reason for ruling me out sometimes (and sometimes some games weren't for girls period)
I would just be careful in that if i get a girl. I need to let the boys feel just as important as the girl. They would be all my kids.
Don't fear already. they are so small. they don't know what they're doing. Show them on how to play well together.
Show them Your DD also need to learn. that you also respect their feelings and place. Don't forget your boys are also very tiny! My youngest has your oldest sons age! he's not even 4! they need your guiding! make your lovely fam lovely! Honest it doesn't have to turn out the way you think!

I hope your husband adores your girl. or else that could be a reason too. that he let the boys feel girls aren't fun or important. That would be so sad.

I hope you get a quicker answer on you little bundle in there. and you can at least enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!
I understand you don't feel happy now :(
I wanted to give you a big hug!

I start to feel better already. sometimes I'm nausea out of the blue.. but it isn't often.
9,5 weeks I am. It seems to go slowly.. ugh! I can't wait to feel the baby kick.
I can't shake the feeling anymore that it will be another boy. I'm not depressed over it tough. Staying team green I hope I'm wrong.

As about telling ppl.
We told ppl after the first scan at 8 weeks. My mother knew right away. she kept silent too. My father can't keep a secret.
the responses were nicer then with DS3! so maybe it turns out ok for you guys too!

daisymoo
July 19th, 2014, 03:24 AM
And so sorry to hear about your mom Futureminime That must be so tough I bet she's watching you from heaven and is so proud of you x

SamS_TTCPink
July 19th, 2014, 04:55 AM
I am so sorry you're going through this Bunny, and to be left in such a limbo!!?! 😞 Hopefully they can give you another scan and you have more answers sooner than in another month.

Thinking of you xx

Marika
July 19th, 2014, 08:28 AM
So sorry about your scan result Bunny, I hope everything will be ok and that you will get a healthy little boy!

FutureMiniMe
July 19th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks Hotdog, Rosie, and Daisy! It pales in comparison to what poor Bunny must be feeling. In general I am doing really well with it except in special circumstances like birthdays, holidays, and now. Also when the kids are going through something special because she loved them as much as I did!

FutureMiniMe
July 19th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Bunny, I second what everyone said much better than I could. It must be really hard to be in this waiting stage to figure everything out.

Sunflower3
July 19th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Future sorry I didn't comment earlier. I'm sorry about your loss. I lost my dad years ago and I still get emotional during holidays birthdays etc. because I know he would love to be around the kids and special days. It's hard too when they ask about him too. It's never the same without them. Hugs. Xxxx

crazycatcouple
July 19th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Bunny, as the rest have said, I hope you can get some answers to those scary questions soon!

As for having a boy for your fourth... That's exactly how my family is - 2 boys, me, and then another boy. My mom has told me she had hoped my little brother would have been a girl. To be honest though, he was my little sidekick! Yes, my older brothers tended to pick on me while growing up, but my little brother and I always stuck together against them :-). We were a team and the closest because of it. Now as adults, we're all extremely close, but I still have a special bond with my little brother that I wouldn't give up for the world! My girlfriends and I used to dress him up in our dance consumes and he loved it and always went along :-). Such fun memories, lol. But honestly, there were two things I took away from being the only girl with 3 brothers... 1, I only want one daughter. This may sound selfish, but my mom and I are so close, and I think a lot of that is because us two girls had to sick together :-). If I had a sister, I'm not sure I would have been quite as close to my mom. That's what I want with my daughter, so for selfish reasons, is prefer just one :-). Of course recently after being on this forum, I'm starting to try and see the positives of having a second more, simply because I may have to deal with that reality, but yeah. And 2 is that it was so important for me to marry a guy who would embrace his daughter to the nth degree and truly believe she can do and be anything a boy can. My dad was not a huge part of our lives, but he's a bit of a sexist male-shovanistic pig, lol. He was always telling me to be more girly, wear more dresses, and grow my hair out. He had 3 more boys with my step-mom, so I was his only girl out of 7 and always wished I had been a daddy's girl. Needless to say, he's a jerk and is no longer in my life. But my point is that I made sure to marry a man who would embrace being the father of girls. We tried for a boy this time, as that's what we would both prefer, but at least I know he could handle 2 girls, and only 2 girls, if that's what it comes down to (we're pretty certain we're stopping at 2 no matter what). Okay, so sorry for getting off on a tangent! My main point is that having just one girl could be such a blessing too :-). I loved it and would love to recreate that for my daughter, but with a better daddy.

As for telling people, I've told practically everyone I know, except we won't announce on FB or anything until after 13 weeks. I'm a talker by nature and can't keep the secret. Really hoping it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt, but at the same time, most people in my life that I've told would also end up hearing about a loss if that happened, as I'd likely need to talk about that too... It's just my nature. I still can't wait to share it truly publicly though!!

crazycatcouple
July 19th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Future, I am so sorry for your loss! I can't even imagine how hard that must have been for you and then yes, I'm sure motherhood in general brings it back :-( I'm sure she's so proud of you though!!

odd
July 19th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Future..I am so sorry to hear that

At the same time , so jealous of all of yours close knit families. I have an older sister and a younger brother but we r hardly close..even with our parents. Our parents screwed us up big time and as a result, none of us talk much to each other and thst was pretty evident growing up.

We still talk but hardly ever and that's because we have to.

I do believe its not the gender of the baby that decides closeness of the family, its how we are raised and the values we r taught. All kids fight when young, but it's when we grow up, those values play an important role.

FutureMiniMe
July 19th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Thanks Sunflower, Crazycat, and Odd!

It is really great to hear perspectives on different sized families and whether you all are close to your siblings and what makes a difference in that! I have three half brothers who were much older than me and we are not close at all, so I was raised as an only child. I have always been conflicted when adding to the family because I get nervous about if I'm doing what's right for my kids. When we told people about number three someone said that we need to have kids in pairs. I also heard that if number 3 is a girl she might get bullied so I worried about that.
I would love a close relationship with a daughter (without disrupting the close amazing relationships I have so far with my little guys). And it is really nice to hear that all three of them can have a loving relationship with each other too. Our boys already love each other so much.

hotdogz&boyz
July 19th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I am 100% with odd. I really don't think gender matters in closeness. It's how you were raised and the personality of each individual child. I have two younger brothers. I am very close to the youngest (6.5 years younger than me). I have always gotten along well with him. My middle brother and I don't really understand each other much, but he and my youngest brother are best friends and I always wanted brothers because of the relationship those two have. They are 27 and 23 and live and work together. They have similar interests and enjoy each others company. But I never felt left out. Me and them fought and played and were just normal siblings. I actually could be very content stopping at having the same set-up that I grew up with (a girl and two boys).

Lala, my youngest is a girl. I swayed for her back in 2012. You just can't tell from the pic. We aren't much for super-girly clothing. She is wearing capris and a white shirt. Lol.

Thank you for your view crazycat! I think we will have that set-up (two boys, a girl, and a boy) and its great to hear how close you were with your younger brother. I don't worry about bullying or anything. I'd just be sad if SHE wanted a sister that we didn't give her. BUT, I never missed having a sister. And I do believe that, despite being a real feeling, many women who don't have the sister relationship and desire it strongly, tend to glorify what it is. My mom has two sisters and one of them is nuts and very difficult for anyone to get along with. The other and my mom are close, but they drive each other crazy. Lol. She is actually closest to one of her two brothers. So, I do know that our family will be awesome with whatever we get. (And a small part of me hopes for a boy because I'd have more leverage, maybe, for a 5th if we get a boy. Lol).

Sunflower3
July 19th, 2014, 11:33 AM
I have two older sister and a younger brother. My brother is seven years younger than me and we were super close growing up. Really really close even into adulthood. I agree with the genders and closeness.

odd
July 19th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Hi girls...off topic but I'm just an emotional mess today - my brother in law has 2 kids..a bg pair and mil obviously is beyond proud of that...every time I try yo talk to them about my son just like they talk to me about BIL'S KIDS, I get cut off or conversation ends. At first i thought it was all in my head butm.nope, observed it for a while..

Anyway, I tried talking to my hubby about my feelings but he completely dismissed it...so I tried to ignore my feelings too. Then, I tried to discuss ways to announce our pregnancy to his family and he completely ignored me and acted as if I'm making a big deal about this pregnancy since it's our 2nd child..:-( he seemed more excited for his brother's 2nd kid than he is for ours...at first it seemed it was because of miscarriage but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

God, I'm going nuts

BunnyGirl19
July 19th, 2014, 03:41 PM
My FIL always talks about other people's kids and how great they are, what they can do that our kids can't, they're smarter, etc. They aren't even related so who freaking cares?!!! It makes me feel like my kids aren't important and they are being slighted.

I'm not at all close to my brothers. They treated me like crap growing up and as adults have nothing to do with me. One hasn't spoken to me in nearly 14 years now. The other one may send me a FB message if he needs money, but that's it.

odd
July 19th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Have any of u irrationally emotional? ? I've been crying since morning and I have no idea why.

Abifasc
July 19th, 2014, 04:42 PM
I'm definitely abnormally Hormonal.

BunnyGirl19
July 19th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I definitely am too.

hotdogz&boyz
July 19th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I'm not this time (yet), but with my second...whewie. I was a basket case. I would cry over TV commercials. I would cry if the gas station was out of my favorite pretzels. I would cry if I couldn't get my clothes to be comfortable. It was craziness. Thankfully it did not last the entire time, just the first trimester. With this one, I am just super irritable. And somewhat angry. Lol

belledandy
July 20th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Bunny, a little late here but wanted to share the same sentiments as the rest of the ladies. So sorry to hear about your son! I hope you can get a second opinion and scan and receive some better news about him soon.

Future, am so sorry about the loss of your mother too. No words to console losing a mother, especially one so close to you..

I've already told my family and closer circle of friends around 12 weeks but not everyone else yet. But at 15 weeks, it's already obvious if I bump into any other friends though, lol. I guess I'll keep them guessing? Waiting til my 20 week scan to announce to everyone near and far about healthy baby girl. I guess I'm still waiting for the triple confirmation of gender and health still.

daisymoo
July 20th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Odd I'm the exact same as you hon! I've been crying over the silliest things things since I got my bfp! Even really happy stories make me bawl like a baby Every day!! I never had this with my other three My dh thinks I've gone completely mad! The joys of hormones I guess
By the way I have a much younger brother and sister and I get on much better with my brother for some reason I think it's down to personalities to be honest My dh has two brothers and one sister and gets on better with his sister! So you never know how it's going to go in every family

Sunflower3
July 20th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Me too. Crying over silly things.
Today I have some cramping pulling feeling. It worries me bc of all my losses. Hope it's just uterus growing.
How's everyone else doing?

BunnyGirl19
July 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I can't seem to catch a break lately. Yesterday afternoon my 2-year-old kind of fell/dove into my lap for me to read him a story. I started having some aching in my back, then some spotting. I didn't think it was a big deal, but then a few hours later I passed some clots and had more bleeding and the pain got worse. I went in to the ER because I need Rhogam and they found I was having contractions as well. Ultrasound showed I have a small placental abruption and blood and clot pooling on top of my cervix. I got admitted to L&D for observation and I'm still there now while they do more labs and try to make sure my bleeding is decreasing. They're trying to figure out if this is related to trauma or my clotting disorder. Baby seems to be doing fine so far and they did confirm he has a "sluggish" heart valve on the scan that is out of sync with the rest of the heart. I'm hoping to go home in a few hours, but I have to have more tests done first.

sweetdream
July 20th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Ooooo bunny! I wish you Well! Hoping everything turns out well.

odd
July 20th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Oh no bunnygirl. Dont know what to say. Please take care and I'll be praying for u and ur precious baby ♥

Marika
July 20th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Have any of u irrationally emotional? ? I've been crying since morning and I have no idea why.

Oh yes! A least once a day :-S

Marika
July 20th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Oh Bunny, so sorry! I am happy the baby seems to be doing ok, I hope you get well soon!

daisymoo
July 20th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Take care of yourself Bunny I hope you get plenty of rest and can get back home soon Great to hear your little man is ok x

FutureMiniMe
July 20th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Oh bunny! Saying a prayer for you and baby! Take good care.

Rosie85
July 20th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Oh no bunny! You just can't catch a break! Rest up and hope you feel better soon.

Rosie85
July 20th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Has anyone felt their baby earlier than 12 weeks??? I swear on a box of delicious chocolates that I felt the baby last night. I know what little kicks/movements feel like since I've done this 3 times before and I know that's what it was last night. I was laying just the right way I think and I felt that flick/flutter in my very lower left. I also got that same warm sensation that washes over me when I feel baby for first time and I know it for sure. Anyone else or am I crazy? !!

odd
July 20th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Awwwwwww rosie. .no experience but that sounds soo cute

lala22
July 20th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Bunny! Keep us all posted- so sorry to hear of all of the awful drama. I'm fairly emotional but more irritable than anything else.

Rosie- I felt this one at 13 weeks and it's my 2nd so I would say it's possible at 12 weeks with your third. Mama's always know:-)

Abifasc
July 20th, 2014, 09:13 PM
You're not crazy Rosie. I've been feeling her every night on my left side did about a week now.

belledandy
July 20th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Oh no Bunny! Glad to hear baby is fine but hope you're ok too. Hope you can get some rest.

BunnyGirl19
July 21st, 2014, 12:17 AM
Well, I'm home finally. They determined the small abruption was from my toddler falling on me and not my clotting disorder, which is good. The last ultrasound showed the bleeding around the placenta has stopped now. I just have a pool of blood and clot at the top of my cervix which will work its way out at some point. Baby still seems to being doing well though. I just need to be monitored more closely for growth and early labor, which concerns me as I typically deliver in the 35 week range.

I am not sure if DH is just being nice and humoring because I've had a rough few days or if he is serious. On the way out of L&D there is a desk decorated with crocheted baby hats. The nurses told me to pick one out. They didn't have any boy hats I liked but a super fluffy lavender and white preemie hat I did like. DH told me if that was the one I really like to take it and we'd save it for Pippie (what we're planning to call another girl). I was planning to do lavender for a girl this time. Fingers crossed he's serious because I told him how much I wanted another attempt at a girl before we are done altogether.

daisymoo
July 21st, 2014, 08:08 AM
So glad you're home Bunny Get plenty of rest hun and look after yourself x

daisymoo
July 21st, 2014, 08:11 AM
Rosie it's just the best feeling ever isn't it! I felt this little one at 11 weeks and have him/her about once or twice a week since I kind of feel bubbles

daisymoo
July 21st, 2014, 08:12 AM
What I meant to say was that I feel him/her moving about once or twice a week now Feels like little bubbles popping Sorry eating my lunch at the mo and trying to type!!

b'smommy
July 21st, 2014, 09:30 AM
Ohh Bunny I'm so sorry to hear about everything you are going through, I'm glad to hear the spotting was nothing more than your toddler bumping into you. How scary. I hope you can relax for a bit, I'm thinking about you and your sweet baby boy.

Rosie - I swear I felt movement at 13 weeks, it might have even been towards the end of the 12th week. I thought at first it was nothing, but then it happened several times. I didn't feel my son until 17 weeks.

20 week scan this afternoon...eeeekkkk!!!

SamS_TTCPink
July 21st, 2014, 09:38 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss FutureMiniMe, it must be so hard, especially on those days of celebration. I'm sure she is watching over you and so proud of you each and every day. xxx

odd
July 21st, 2014, 10:25 AM
Abifasc, I'd no idea u found out the gender. Congrattttts . How exciting.

Can't wait ti feel my little one ♡ I'm around 7 weeks so a while to go

daisymoo
July 21st, 2014, 10:48 AM
Best of luck today b'smommy! Hope the scan goes well Let us know how it goes x

odd
July 21st, 2014, 10:52 AM
Good luck b'smommy. How exciting

Rosie85
July 21st, 2014, 11:14 AM
Good luck today B!!! Can't wait for the update!

Abifasc
July 21st, 2014, 12:29 PM
Abifasc, I'd no idea u found out the gender. Congrattttts . How exciting.

Can't wait ti feel my little one ♡ I'm around 7 weeks so a while to go

Oh I didn't...i just hate saying "it" and so I just picked "her" until I know if it's not a girl :)

FutureMiniMe
July 21st, 2014, 01:08 PM
Good luck with your scan, B'smommy! How exciting.

MyByC
July 21st, 2014, 04:37 PM
Abifasc, any chance of finding next week?

b'smommy
July 21st, 2014, 04:55 PM
Well...it's 100% a healthy baby boy. Everything looked perfect. I had a few moments where I was crying, I have felt it was a boy since my 8 week scan but was holding onto a little hope it might be a girl. This now totally opens the door for baby #3 down the road. This was such an emotional journey, but I feel relieved to finally know.

angielorna
July 21st, 2014, 04:59 PM
Congratulations on your healthy boy, b'smommy! I have two boys and though they are annoying as all get out sometimes, it is beautiful to see my little boys together. I think it's so sweet to watch brothers together.

Angie

Abifasc
July 21st, 2014, 04:59 PM
Abifasc, any chance of finding next week?

I don't think so :( I have an appointment next week but I think they may only try to find the heartbeat with the Doppler. I'm going to go at 15 weeks though so I may know then :)

Abifasc
July 21st, 2014, 05:00 PM
Well...it's 100% a healthy baby boy. Everything looked perfect. I had a few moments where I was crying, I have felt it was a boy since my 8 week scan but was holding onto a little hope it might be a girl. This now totally opens the door for baby #3 down the road. This was such an emotional journey, but I feel relieved to finally know.

I know you swayed for a girl, but let me tell you having brothers is such a blessing!!!! Hoping you'll get your girl later down the road!

odd
July 21st, 2014, 05:06 PM
Congratulations b'smommy. .I hope I have attitude as good as yours should i happen to find out my sway was not successful. I have 2 nephews and my sister wouldn't trade them for the world ♥

Mrs_Incredible
July 21st, 2014, 05:10 PM
Congratulations b'smommy on your baby boy. Hugs xx
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

b'smommy
July 21st, 2014, 05:59 PM
Congratulations b'smommy. .I hope I have attitude as good as yours should i happen to find out my sway was not successful. I have 2 nephews and my sister wouldn't trade them for the world ♥

Thanks Odd. Believe me, my husband doesn't think my attitude is the best right now. But I feel better knowing at the moment. I'm sure I will have my ups and downs, I had a great sway. There were a couple things I would have done different now, but this little guy managed to beat the odds. The clomid kept giving me false positive opks, and I think having 2 attempts vs. the 1 sealed my fate (maybe, maybe not). And after struggling to get pregnant for so long and my miscarriage last year, I really am happy that I am finally having a healthy baby.

daisymoo
July 21st, 2014, 06:25 PM
Yay! Congrats b'smommy on your baby boy! That's wonderful news As the girls all said brothers together are amazing! Glad all is perfect for you Go out and buy him something new!!

Rosie85
July 21st, 2014, 06:27 PM
Congrats on the healthy boy B! Many of us here can vouch for how amazing two boys is but take the time you need to cry and move on...We've all been there. Glad the door can open to try again later!

FutureMiniMe
July 21st, 2014, 06:31 PM
Congrats on your healthy little guy, B'smommy! I would not trade my two little guys for the world. It really is the sweetest thing to watch how they love and care for each other!

oncue
July 21st, 2014, 07:09 PM
Congrats b'smommy on ur little boy! It's will be great for ur DS to have a little brother, and it is also great that u guys are willing to go for a third bub down the track xx

hotdogz&boyz
July 21st, 2014, 09:01 PM
Congrats bsmommy! Your attitude is so positive :) Brothers are delightful and maybe a pinkie will come along down the line. Glad all is well and you can start the fun work of prepping for him!

crazycatcouple
July 21st, 2014, 10:36 PM
Congrats b'smommy :-) Definitely feel free to go through the ups and down of your emotions on here, but yes, it sounds like you have a great attitude about t all, and it's wonderful that there can be another chance for your pink bundle down the road!