PDA

View Full Version : Due in December 2014 - Jan/Feb 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

sweetdream
July 22nd, 2014, 02:50 AM
well coffee isn't the best idea yet.... Yuk! Just end up with my head above the toilet and my stomach telling me WHY THE HELL DID YOU EVEN TRY!!! bye bye breakfast. sigh...

So I just drink 2 things for weeks. water.... and sometimes a diet coke.. (and starting to dislike that too... :()
tomorrow I'm ten weeks! I'm hoping the better period is coming... and actually I can't even complain...
With my boys I started puking at 5 weeks.. (with one earlier) and then in the morning right out of bed... and feeling real bad all day!
Now I did feel nausea.. but didn't puke until week 8. and it's different. I only puke because of a smell. or something I ate.. and it comes over me so fast I'm afraid I'll be too late at some point. at least there is something to throw up! LOL (sorry for the TMI)
I don't like meat! That's hard too. And I'm tired lots of the time (reason of gaining weight too...:( I don't eat that much but I'm a real potato coach atm.... :( )

Future minime... I'm so sorry you lost your mom. I'm so tight with my mother too. That's one of the reasons I would love a daughter. We have a special bond. (I also love my grandmother (and father) on my mothers side.) we are mother and daughter and besties.... I wouldn't know what to do without her.

I'm torn with feelings.. afraid this would be a boy again (and he would be so loved and welcome). that a girl is not for me. I wouldn't be that lucky.... and then I feel guilty....
My eldest son wants a sister so bad. he really hopes its a girl. The other 2 boys keep saying it is a boy!
I just keep hoping. but I'm afraid. And feel stronger not wanting to know..

well. my morning depression is written off.. lol.. and I feel sick... ugh.. this gonna be a long hard day!

oncue
July 22nd, 2014, 10:51 AM
Oh sweet dream, I totally get the coffee issue! I normally love the stuff and I can't even go near the stuff without wanting to spew!
Not sure if it's a sign but I cldnt stand the smell, sight or taste of meat with both DDs and this time it's one of the things I can manage (so in my mind I sort of hope it means boy for meat! And girl no meat)
Hope ur day eases up for u, and hope everyone else is feeling good xo

Rosie85
July 22nd, 2014, 11:03 AM
Oh sweetdream sorry about the pukes! Certain smells get to me too but I haven't gotten sick at all this time.

Oncue that is funny you couldn't stand meat with your girls...I was the same with all 3 boys. The sight or smell of meat sent me off but this time I crave it. I thought maybe my iron was low and that was why I'm craving it...nope. my iron is high.

As for me...I'm still so tired. I took 2 naps yesterday even after sleeping in and then went to bed early. I just can't shake the extreme sleepiness. Glad I'm not sick on top of it.

oncue
July 22nd, 2014, 11:11 AM
Rosie that's so interesting about the meat. I haven't had many 'opposite' symptoms but the meat thing was a definite difference. Hopefully it means girl for u and boy for me! I guess if u haven't been sick this time it Cld totally mean girl. Did u say ur team green this time?
All three pregnancies I've been sick and exhausted. Like u, I sleep in, nap a few times a day and still yawn all the time. It's so draining. Sometimes I just think I'm getting too old for this and my body is over it!

daisymoo
July 22nd, 2014, 11:16 AM
Sorry you're so sick sweetdream Hope it passes soon I'm only starting to drink coffee again in the last two weeks Couldn't stand the smell of it for weeks and it didn't bother me when I was expecting my boys! I can't get enough if cheese and roasted veg couscous this time round Have to have them every day
And Rosie like you I'm exhausted every day It must be looking after three other smallies but I can't seem to shake this tiredness at all this time Lucky that you can nap I can't hide for five mins in my house!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosie85
July 22nd, 2014, 11:38 AM
I nap when my youngest does. The older two watch a movie or play legos. I stay right by them though! I'm a little annoyed right now. I have fibromyalgia and normally it gets better during pregnancy but it's worse than normal now. I can't even touch certain areas on my body without extreme pain...I don't know why it's doing this!? So weird.

We have a busy weekend coming up with ds1 having his bday party and the next week we leave for a mini vacation. ..finally! I am excited to get out but not to have my husband off work for a week. ..He has been so annoying.

Rosie85
July 22nd, 2014, 11:41 AM
Oh oncue I missed your post. Yes we are team green this time!! My midwife mentioned it possibly being a girl since my other 3 pregnancies were identical. She said she has seen it that way for a lot of women but not everyone of course. She mentioned it's more common when someone has multiple of one gender all in a row and then it changes. Women who have both genders and no run of the same gender tend to have more sporadic symptoms. I won't take it to heart though because I don't want to get my hopes up.

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2014, 11:55 AM
Midwife is wrong - just my opinion but I've seen so many people stress and obsess over symptoms and it just does not work.

Rosie85
July 22nd, 2014, 12:05 PM
I'm not obsessed or stressed over them. My midwife just mentioned it as a common pattern she has seen. I totally assume and expect this baby to be a boy.

crazycatcouple
July 22nd, 2014, 12:25 PM
Sweetdream, I hope the sickie go away for you soon!

We finally had our first apt this morning at 8 weeks. She said my uterus was measuring 8 weeks, so everything looks good and they don't do an ultrasound. We did schedule our NT scan for Aug 19th, so that will be our first peak at the baby and maybe we can even get a good nub shot, We shall see :-) Also, I did some research and found a study that said zofran in the first tri causes an increased risk for congenital heart defects and cleft pallet. My doctor said that the main boards have not adopted that finding and it was only one study, so they still consider it safe, but still...I think I'll try and not take it unless it's an emergency. On the flip side, they finally came out with a prescription specifically for morning sickness that is the only approved class A drug now, meaning they've tested it on pregnant women and no effects were found to mother or baby. It's called Diclegis and is basically the exact same drug combo of B6 and an antihistamine that was on the market back in the 70's and 80's, but was taken off due to unsubstantiated law suits. Since then they've further tested it and found it to be completely safe, so I did get a prescription for that. It's not an as needed one, but more of a take it every day to help prevent. The only issue is that it can make you more drowsy that normal, which is tough. I'm planning on starting it just at night to see if it helps. You can take it night and day, but if I can get away with just night, I'd prefer not to be more tired in the day than I have to be! I'm already taking naps every afternoon and then having to work late to make up for it :-( Anyhoo, just thought I'd share what I learned in case any of you ladies want to talk to your docs about it.

For me, all I can drink for some reason is milk. They said I was slightly dehydrated today at the doctors, which I figured since drinking water makes me nauseous, but I guess I need to try sipping it more throughout the day anyway. And I can still do meat and lots of peanut butter, so part of me is hoping that means boy, but at the same time, I was eating so much protein on the HE diet when I got my BFP, I think it's just more what my body is used to. Hubby is really hoping for the boy...he's definitely done after this kiddo. I'd like to think I "feel" like it's a boy, but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up!

Some of you are really getting further along...I love that so many of us are out of the woods :-) Can't wait to get to that week 13 mark and celebrate!!

FutureMiniMe
July 22nd, 2014, 01:07 PM
Thank you Sweetdream, and I hope you feel better soon! I had two days of feeling horrible but I am much better today.

I think I will try to stay away from the Zofran after hearing about that study Crazycat. I have only been taking it on days I need it and that has not been super constant, but it is still scary to think it could do something to the baby.

I have another doc. appointment next week and then my NT scan is scheduled for August 18th. I am supposed to be 12+5. Is that far enough along to get an accurate nub guess in? My husband wants to be team green again but I want to find out. We were team green the first time, then the second time He was but I found out and kept it a secret from everyone. He said we would talk about it again this time. Maybe he will join me this time.

Rosie85
July 22nd, 2014, 01:11 PM
Future my nt scan is the 18th as well!

FutureMiniMe
July 22nd, 2014, 02:11 PM
That's awesome Rosie! You will be 13+ weeks then, right?

Rosie85
July 22nd, 2014, 02:20 PM
13 and 1 future. Perfect for the nub...Hoping I don't see it!

Abifasc
July 22nd, 2014, 02:50 PM
Oh I hope your scans go well girls!

I'm totally reading into my symptoms. Maybe it means I'll crash harder if I'm wrong but right now it's making my toughest first tri kind of fun :)

daisymoo
July 22nd, 2014, 02:57 PM
Well Rosie I'll assume that your baby is a little girl!! We have to get our girls!! I believe we all will! Bring on the pink!!
Lots of appts and scans coming up Getting exciting in this group now! Great news that your appt went well crazycatcouple
12 + 5 would be perfect for a nub shot futureminime Hope you get a good one!

daisymoo
July 22nd, 2014, 03:01 PM
Oh sorry crazycatcouple and Oncue I forgot we're not all hoping for pink! I hope you two get your blue bundle! Bring on the blue for you guys!!

crazycatcouple
July 22nd, 2014, 03:05 PM
Haha, I know, we are in the minority for sure!!

FutureMiniMe
July 22nd, 2014, 03:40 PM
Well, you both can have all of my boy dust!

lala22
July 22nd, 2014, 04:39 PM
Yes it would seem most are hoping for pink. We're hoping for our confirmed blue in 2 weeks!

MyByC
July 22nd, 2014, 04:42 PM
My blue dust as well :-)
Heeereee it comes.

daisymoo
July 22nd, 2014, 04:51 PM
Oh no sorry lala22! I left you out too!! Maybe the blue list is getting as long as the pink one then. I hope so It would be nice to have lots of new baby boys too! Wow lala22 how exciting two weeks away from finding out gender How many weeks will you be then?

FutureMiniMe
July 22nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
Yes, blue baby dust to Lala too!

oncue
July 22nd, 2014, 07:01 PM
Haha Thanks daisy and future! I'll take whatever blue dust I can get my hands on! Will hopefully know by the end of this week too as blood results shld be back by Friday. 😊

lala22
July 22nd, 2014, 10:22 PM
I already got a great nub shot at 13 weeks that pretty clearly indicated boy then an elective US at 15 weeks that showed boy potty shots too but I won't feel completely confident until my 20 week anatomy scan. That's the US I have in two weeks! I'm also really anxious to measure body parts and just make sure everything looks good! I actually only have 11 more days! Eeek!

lala22
July 22nd, 2014, 11:38 PM
I'm doing a test post because my profile pic won't load- ignore me:-)

lala22
July 22nd, 2014, 11:39 PM
Just one more time.

sweetdream
July 23rd, 2014, 02:32 AM
Sending al my blue dust as wel!!! Lala awesom that it seems you night get your son.

Thank you ladies for al your sweet words.
Its not that I feel sick al the time. But when I try to do something in the house I'm starting to gag.
And I feel tired a lot.
10 weeks today. Us on teusday.

Hoping you all get great scans!!!

crazycatcouple
July 23rd, 2014, 09:08 AM
Lala, your dd is a beauty!

lala22
July 23rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks crazycat! I realized my profile was pretty impersonal- decided to spice it up:-)

daisymoo
July 23rd, 2014, 04:27 PM
Lala22 you're daughter is absolutely beautiful!

daisymoo
July 23rd, 2014, 05:53 PM
Crazycatcouple You're daughter is absolutely gorgeous too!

crazycatcouple
July 23rd, 2014, 06:04 PM
Aww, thanks Daisy! She is a little replica of her daddy, so I'm secretly hoping the next one will even slightly resemble me, lol. Not that it's a bad thing to look like her daddy of course! She does seem to have more of my personality though :-)

lala22
July 23rd, 2014, 06:35 PM
She definitely appears to look much more like him. So funny the way genes work! Most people say mine is my mini me only she is fair with blonde hair- the polar opposite of me. I too am hoping that maybe the next one has some olive skin!

lala22
July 24th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Ok, this thread got very, very quiet. Lol. No new updates ladies?

Rosie85
July 24th, 2014, 03:17 PM
It has gotten quiet!!

Lala my ds1 looks like my hubby's mini me only with my colors and ds2 looks just like me and ds3 looks like a 50/50 mix. It's crazy how different kids can look!!

I feel like I have an elephant sitting on my chest today and I've been super light headed. I might not have morning sickness but I sure have enough other crap to deal with. Haha.

odd
July 24th, 2014, 03:21 PM
It has been super quiet. My son is total copy of mt husband minus his eyes..which are exactly like mine

Other than that, a lot of family stress to deal with. My nausea comes and goes. I don't feel like eating ot drinking anything at all and that's when it gets bad. U ts the worst between 3 to 5 in the mornin. Yuck

Other than that, I'll have my first appt next Thursday, july 31st for 8 week checkup. Can't wait as I'll get to hear thw heartbeat and see the baby. ♥

babyb5
July 24th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Hi ladys, just went to my 13 weeks ultrasound this morning. Dr. said it looks like 80% boy nub. I'm over the moon now. This is my last baby, I have 4 DD already. Good luck to all everyone.

lala22
July 24th, 2014, 04:33 PM
babyb5- congrats! This is excellent news!

Rosie85
July 24th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Yay babyb5!!!

Abifasc
July 24th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Woohoo baby5!

babyb5
July 24th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Thank you ladys. Today I'm totally prepared myself to hear girl again. This baby was so surprised that we dtd 5 days before Ovulations. I'm believed now that timing do not sway. Most of my girls was dtd on positive OPK.

FutureMiniMe
July 24th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Congrats Babyb5! That must be an amazing feeling to be getting your much wished for ds!

hotdogz&boyz
July 24th, 2014, 07:47 PM
How awesome baby5!! So hope you get that final verification in a few weeks!!

I had my sono today!! All is well :) Baby measured 6+1, which is basically impossible. Lol. I am guessing they are a couple days short, which is normal at this stage. So, since I know when I ovulated, they aren't moving my EDD, so it's March 16th. Heartbeat was seen immediately and was measuring 121! Baby bean looked healthy and great! Ill admit, ill fail team green. I already want to know! Haha. But I don't care, I love it to pieces. Here is our pic:

Sunflower3
July 24th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Aw congrats Hotdogz! Adorable little baby. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sunflower3
July 24th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Congrats babyb5!!!!

Rosie85
July 25th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Beautiful baby hotdogz!!

lala22
July 25th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Love seeing US/sonos! I keep forgetting we have a lot of "early birds" in this forum. Remind me how far along you are!

kitkat18
July 25th, 2014, 03:24 AM
Hi hope you don't mind me dropping in!! Just wanted to say congrats babyb5, bs mummy, longing for daughter and flower lilly...just had a catch up on this thread and its wonderful to hear all about your pregnancies and scans etc!!! Its keeping me going through the hum drum of le diet and ttc Xx
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

oncue
July 25th, 2014, 04:55 AM
Hotdogz what a cute little bean!
Congrats babyb5 too! That's wonderful news xx

oncue
July 25th, 2014, 04:55 AM
Hey ladies. Our results came back today for the Panorama test. We are so lucky that every has come back low risk (less than 1 in 10000) and we are having a BOY! I'm a bit in disbelief, it hasn't quite sunk in yet! X

kitkat18
July 25th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Yipeeee oncue xxxx

daisymoo
July 25th, 2014, 05:59 AM
OMG Oncue Huge Congrats That's amazing news!! So happy for you! Enjoy blue shopping! Brilliant!
Of course you're welcome here here anytime KitKat What cd are you on?
Hotdogz congrats on the scan So happy all is well If your baby comes late you can call her Patricia after St.Patrick's day on 17 March!! Just a thought!!
Congrats babyb5 After 4 dd a boy will be sweet!

oncue
July 25th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Thanks so much daisy! X

Sunflower3
July 25th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Congrats oncue!! Boys are lovely. Enjoy shopping blue!

FutureMiniMe
July 25th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Super huge congrats Oncue! I can't even imagine how that must feel!

Hordogz, what an adorable little peanut! Congrats to you too!

hotdogz&boyz
July 25th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Huge congrats oncue!! You must be on cloud 9! I'm so happy for you :)

And yeah, I technically don't belong on this forum, I am due March 16th. I joined because I found out so early and there was not a March forum up. BUT, all of my babies have come in the late-36 to 37-week range, so the chances of having a February baby are pretty high.

Haha Daisy! Funny enough, we already have a child with a derivative of Patricia in thier name. I actually do love the name Patricia. But it would highly unlikely (actually, impossible) for baby to come on St. Patrick's day. Because of my blood issue, they would induce at 39 weeks if I made it that long, which would leave me around the 9th of March. But I'll be surprised to get to March!

So do people have names picked out? Or lists they are working on? We don't have a ton of ideas yet :-/ I still might try for a "modified" team green (haha). I might try to get a good nub shot at my NT (ill be 12+3) and go from there. Never confirm. We will see. But either way, we aren't really making headway on name lists.

oncue
July 25th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks future and Hotdogz! To be honest, I'm still a bit shocked. I think it's going to take some time to sink in! We are very happy and hopefully everything else goes well!
Hotdogz, We don't have any names picked out as yet. We usually get to a certain point where we have a short list and then wait til we meet bub to see if the name suits them and their little personality

Yahmama
July 25th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Hey Ladies! I haven't been on here in forever as our house is STILL for sale and it's been super stressful! I have over 25 pages!! to catch up on here, so I apologize I can't read all of that, but I do see from the past couple pages that congrats to oncue and babyb5 for your blue bundles and Hotdogz, such a cute little bean!
I wanted to ask if anyone else is having problems with their blood pressure? At my 16 week appointment this week it was 130/100!! It's normally around 118/70 and the doctor asked me if I was stressed, and I told him all about the the house not selling and wanting to move before school starts so the kids can be settled. Anyway, they made me sit there 20 min to rest then took it again and it was only down 130/98 but he didn't seem concerned?? Only said to try to get some more rest and time away from the kids? How on earth can I get away from my 4 kids?? Anyway, it seems very high to me and wondering why he's not more concerned? At what point would the dr. get concerned about blood pressure- is it a certain # of weeks? Thanks, ladies and sorry again I haven't kept up better on here!

Rosie85
July 25th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Super congrats oncue!!! Have fun shopping blue!!

LilithWiser1979
July 25th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Hello again,

My computer died and I needed to get a new one, so I haven't been around for a while. But I'm back now, and need to do some serious catch-up to see what's going on with you ladies!

Yahmama, I don't blame you for being concerned about your blood pressure. I might even call around to get a second opinion. Pre-eclampsia is always a possibility when it comes to high blood pressure during pregnancy, and that's not to be taken lightly. Is there a midwife or another OB you trust that you can call?

I just had my anatomy scan yesterday and ALL doubt can now be removed! Panorama, NT AND anatomy scans are in agreement that this is a girl. I wasn't terribly concerned after the superflat nub during the NT scan, but there was always this nagging doubt that I'd see an obvious willy during 20 week ultrasound. Nope! It's clearly a labia. Anyone who told me (IRL, not here of course) that the maternal blood tests aren't always right for gender and that I shouldn't get too excited about having a girl until the ultrasound can suck it! Yay!

I'm actually going to start my own side business knitting and crocheting (and possibly sewing/fabricating) photo props and custom hats and the like. It kind of fell into my lap, and now I know I have the ability to make some cash before my little girl gets here. So, I might not be on as much as I was in the beginning, but I'll definitely be on more than I was the last few weeks :)

Congrats to Oncue! My boys are amazing, and I know yours will be too. To anyone else whose gender announcement I missed, congrats :) I'll look through the past 20 or so pages of posts and see what's going on.

Yahmama
July 25th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Yay, super happy for you, Lillith! No doubt now and you can have fun making things for your little girl!
I actually have an etsy shop making crochet hats and sewing carseat canopies and things like that. I put my shop on vacation hold when this whole house selling thing started, so hopefully I can get back to it when (if!) we ever sell this place and get settled! If you have any photographer friends, that is a great thing- that's how I started is I had a friend who needed some props and I started making them for her then others started asking for them. Definitely fun and a stress reliever and a way to make extra $! Hope it goes well for you!

crazycatcouple
July 25th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Congrats Lilith of your confirmation :-)

And congrats Oncue and Babyb5 for your lovely blue beans, and what a cute pic Hotdogz! So much good stuff happening here lately :-)

Yahmama, I agree I would do some research and see what is out on the web and possibly get a second opinion. I've always heard high blood pressure during pregnancy can be pretty serious. Good luck!!

Yahmama
July 25th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah- I guess my Dr. is pretty convinced it's just the stress of selling my house? I did good high blood pressure and preeclampsia and it seems before 20 weeks, high blood pressure is usually not gestationally induced but either pre-existing or for other reasons- but I thought he would be more concerned about it, even if it wasn't due to pregnancy itself, IYKWIM. Maybe if it's still high after my next appt at 20 weeks he'll do something different. My dad has an at home blood pressure monitor, so I'm going to borrow that from him to keep track of it and if it stays high I'm going to call my dr. back. Just didn't know if anyone else here had experience with it being high before 20 weeks- I've had friends with it high in their last trimester but not this early :/

crazycatcouple
July 25th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Oops, I posted a post to the wrong forum. Editing it out :-) Sorry!

lala22
July 25th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Congrats oncue! We get a list together and than do the final pick once we meet baby too as I just can't pick out a name for someone I've never met!

Rosie85
July 25th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I've always chosen names before they were born. ..I could just feel that that was their name and I felt super connected to them. This time since we are not finding out it will be weird. My Dh had picked one girl name he likes but it's all we have so far. Greta. That is his pick. Zero boy names. I feel we have used all the ones we liked so hopefully this is a girl. Haha

crazycatcouple
July 25th, 2014, 02:46 PM
What are some of your kids' names? I love hearing what other people have chosen and why :-)

We picked out Lyra's name well before she arrived. I had fallen in love with the name a few years before we even got pregnant and had my mind set on it, lol. We still looked through all the baby name books and websites trying to see if anything else compared, but in the end, that was it. We also liked Stella and Delaney for girls, and were really glad she was a girl because we never really could decide on a boy name. For a boy, hubby is adamant that it be a masculine name, even better if it comes along with a one-syllable nick name. We know we want to use Bruce for the middle name because that was my grandfather's name, whom I was extremely close to, and also his dad's name, so we get to honor two important men with one name! As for a first name, I *think* I know what we'll end up choosing, but we're both still trying to get fully on board with it. It's a family name, which I love using if possible, but we're unsure if it's too strange. I think we might pick a second or even third name and then choose once we meet him (hopefully him, lol). We like unusual names since our last name is so common, however I don't want it to be weird, ya know? Maybe you ladies will have an opinion. The name is Tetlow, and it's my husband's grandfather's name and hubby's middle name as well. I've always sort of liked it because my middle name is my grandma's and is unique too, Winsome, and if my aunt hadn't just named her daughter that, I might have used it as well :-) I like that we both have middle names from our grandparents that are pretty fun and different, and I think it would be cool to honor them. But again, just not sure if Tetlow is cool or strange...

If we have another girl, my very favorite girl name right now is Waverly with a nickname of Waves :-)

Abifasc
July 25th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I'm also big on names. This baby will be AnaSofia Belle (mn name may change but probably not), first name will definitely stick because we've been praying as a family for a daughter/sister by name for almost a year now that there's no way we'll change it. A boy will be Micah Roman.

Crazycat, I like Bruce and the meaning behind it i so cool!
About the name Tetlow, my honest first opinion was that the term "tit" came to mind which could be tricky? I also like uncommon names but that was my first thought. May I suggest Lawton? It has the same feel but is different. I'm not trying to step on toes or anything just sharing honestly :)

Rosie85
July 25th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Never heard the name Tetlow before. It's a little out there but I am sure it would grow on me. Tet would be a good nickname.

My first born is sam..I just like the name and always have. My 2nd is Declan...we call him dex. Love his name. I just heard it on a show once and loved it. Totally fits him. Ds3 is Theodore and we call him Teddy. Love his name and it's also my grandfather's name. They have such an incredible bond which is crazy...little teddy is just drawn to and smitten with my grandpa. He will sit on his lap cuddling for hours and doesn't do that with anyone else. My grandpa has Alzheimer's so it's extra special to us that they have such a bond.

crazycatcouple
July 25th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Abifasc - totally no offense :-) We are on the fence with it, so it's good to hear all the good and the bad! One of my friends also mentioned that as a possible tease by kids. I obviously don't want to give my kids names that are prone to being teased, but at the same time, I want to teach my kids to let that stuff roll off their backs - easier said than done! My name is Shiloh, which I've always liked and gotten many compliments on, but in 7th grade there was a mean girl who always called me Shi-hoe...not the nicest, and it definitely wasn't something I liked, however I got past it :-) I do really like the name Lawton though, very cute! But one of my strange things is that I don't want first and last names that rhyme, so with a last name of Johnson, that rules out a ton of really cute boy names!!

Rosie, I absolutely LOVE the name Declan and have it on my current list :-) I never thought of using Dex as the nickname, but think that's wonderful. I love the nickname Dex, but most of my family and friends don't like the full name Dexter because of the TV show, even though that wouldn't bother me. But to get a cool name like Declan, plus a fun nickname like Dex...I like the way you think!

Rosie85
July 25th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Haha crazycat! That's funny about Dexter. I do call Declan, dexter a lot. He was named before I had ever seen the show though...we just started watching it a few months ago. I prefer Declan over Dexter as a name and we get a lot of compliments on it...it's a good name to have on your list!

Rosie85
July 25th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I feel like I am in a panic. I can't stop thinking about how I really don't want to reuse all my old boy clothes again. I am so sick of them. I'm so tired of boy everything. I am literally freaking out that this is another boy. But it has to be...I really feel it isn't a girl. I'm so sad.

babyb5
July 25th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Congratulations Oncue on your baby boy. I'm still in disbelieved that I'm finally going to have my boy. Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night (3:00 a.m.) and could not go back to sleep until 5:00 a.m. I guess I'm just too excited.

daisymoo
July 25th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Sorry you're feeling so stressed Yahmama I would definitely get my blood pressure checked by someone else Just for peace of mind anyway You shouldn't have that worry hanging over you Hope you get it sorted x
Lilithwuser Fantastic news! I think it's safe to say that it's a girl! It must feel great to have it totally confirmed again!! Have you bought much pink yet?
Rosie I totally get how you feel I feel the exact same I would love some pink in my house too and like you I'm convinced I'm having another boy Which Obviously I will absolutely
adore as well I would love a fourth boy too but a few pink clothes in the house would be lovely! My ds3's clothes are getting so worn looking now(poor guy has ALL hand me downs!) that if we do have another boy I'll have to buy more clothes anyway! My sister was here this evening and said I bet it's another boy! So Rosie let's hope our intuition is wrong and we get our pinkies!
Babyb5 hope you get somsleep tonight It is great excitement though isn't it!
Oh and names on my list are Charlie, Freddie, Seanie, James, Lily, Mia, Ellie and Charlotte

oncue
July 25th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Thanks so much girls! It's been so nice to share the news with you all. We still haven't told anyone else. Just don't know if I expect anyone else to get as excited haha!
Rosie I think you will have a girl, I know it's easy to go through ups and downs thinking it is a boy/girl then it's not etc, but u have a really good chance!
Lilith so glad everything is confirmed (I had the panorama too so I'm glad it seems to have a good accuracy!) I love sewing, just never seem to find enough time to do it as much as id like to.
Yahmama gosh I feel ur pain with the whole selling a house. We did it just a few months ago, and it was so hard trying to keep the house spotless with two kids who could trash it in 30 seconds. Fingers crossed you have some good news very soon!
Crazycat I think tetlow is cute. Very unique! My DH likes Lachlan and even tho I think it's nice, my ex is called Lachlan and that's what completely puts me off the name! I will prob get a baby name book to look some up and see what they mean, DH and I never really agree with names either! X

FutureMiniMe
July 25th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Oh Lilith, Congrats on the confirmation.

I think that I will be able to talk DH into finding out the sex this time. I keep thinking that I have a better shot at having a girl this time as I ever had with the boys because my lifestyle was so different and I did all that sway stuff, but I am scared that that way of thinking will get my hopes up. I feel like I only get something I've hoped for when I absolutely believe that I won't get it. I have that kinda luck. So I am trying to tell myself that it really probably is a boy. I feel like I will really need to know in advance. I don't think I will be super crazy upset if it is a boy but I will be a little disappointed.

DS1 is Jacob Peter (we loved his first name and his middle honors my great grandfather and DH's grandfather - so both families at once!).
DS2 is Derek Logan (no family names here but it fit in nicely with Jacob's and we loved the names)

We have not really started in on the names yet this go around although i do keep a running list in my phone. I really like Nathan for a boy but haven't thought of a middle with it. Might let DH decide what to do with that one. I want to somehow use one of my mom's names in a girl combination (her name was Kirsten Evelyn but she went by Kristie). If I use her middle it would also honor my grandmother and I love that idea. I have lots of different ideas to show DH for that.

Crazycat - I like the idea of Tetlow especially if you are thinking middle name! other kids won't necessarily know LOs middle so no teasing and it is unique!

I don't think we will be able to focus on names until I am feeling better though. I have been managing at work but I am wiped out after so it has put a lot of pressure on DH. He is really great about helping but he is under job stress right now and summer is always really busy for us anyways. I hope things let up in a few weeks! My first two pregnancies were walks in the park compared to this. I almost hope it is a girl just so that maybe we will feel 100% done after this (I never say one way or another if we would like a next one until the baby I am due with is here. You just never know how that one will change the dynamics or if it will be an easy transition or not. it's different for everyone).

Alright...after not having much to say I just wrote a novel!

SamS_TTCPink
July 25th, 2014, 09:08 PM
I haven't been in here for a while and haven't read everything but congrats Lilith! I'm so excited for you.

Rosie, I feel the same. I'm pretty definite I'm having another boy and I'm crushed. Probably stupid at only 6 weeks but I just have a feeling. With our m/c I was so sure it was a girl and really feel like I lost my daughter. 😞

Yahmama, I agree with the others, I'd make sure your BP is monitored and not just put down to the stress of the house. I always have low BP and even lower in PG so I don't have any advice re high BP but just make sure they get an eye on it. 😊

Crazycat, our boys are Nathan, Adam, Joshua, Zachary, Mitchell and Cayden. I do wish we had gone for less common, less "boring" names but you should have heard our families outrage over Cayden!! 😜

Yahmama
July 25th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Love hearing everyone's names! I love family names- makes such a special connection that nothing else can compare and to carry on memories. I really like Declan too- have a friend I met whose son is named that and I'd never heard of it before! The best I can come up with for a boy at the moment is Quinn since it's our #5- is that cheesy? DH wants to use it for boy or girl but I love Natalie and can't imagine not using it if this is a girl. I just think of the TV show Glee for a girl with that name.

Yahmama
July 25th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I haven't been in here for a while and haven't read everything but congrats Lilith! I'm so excited for you.

Rosie, I feel the same. I'm pretty definite I'm having another boy and I'm crushed. Probably stupid at only 6 weeks but I just have a feeling. With our m/c I was so sure it was a girl and really feel like I lost my daughter. 😞

Yahmama, I agree with the others, I'd make sure your BP is monitored and not just put down to the stress of the house. I always have low BP and even lower in PG so I don't have any advice re high BP but just make sure they get an eye on it. 😊

Crazycat, our boys are Nathan, Adam, Joshua, Zachary, Mitchell and Cayden. I do wish we had gone for less common, less "boring" names but you should have heard our families outrage over Cayden!! 😜
I don't think your boy names are boring! They're all great and I wanted Nathan with my oldest but a friend used it first :/
I'll definitely call my Dr back about my bp- got my dad's monitor and when I checked it was 136/93- eek. Too bad it's the weekend and I'll have to wait till Mon.

lala22
July 25th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I love hearing names! My hubby and I enjoy unique names too. Our daughter's name is Diella. We actually found the name Dielle but hubby liked an a at the end and there you have it. She's Diella Emmary (Emma was my great grandmas name and I wanted an element of it in there somewhere). Boy names are SO much harder. For the longest time we were dead set on Leonidas (Leo for short) but it's just too big of a name for our measly last name- lol. Needles to say we are working on it. If we had another girl she probably would have been Ophelia Scarlet (Effie for short).

crazycatcouple
July 25th, 2014, 10:13 PM
MumofSix, I love those names, especially Zachary :-) They are more traditional, but not in a super common way - very strong names!

Yahmama, I think Quinn would be cute for a boy or girl, but if you have your heart set on Natalie, you gotta go with that!

Lala, your hubby sounds like mine. He wanted our girl name to be girly and loved most names that ended with an a for that extra girly flare :-) I absolutely love Ophelia!! That may have to be added to my list, if you don't mind :-) Scarlet is another I love, but we have a friend who just used it for her daughter. If we had a girl, I'd love to try and find a name that could somehow honor my mother, but I just really don't care for her name, lol. It's Carol Bernice, which neither really do much for me. I've thought about doing Coral as a play on Carol, but I don't really love that either, and my hubby is pretty against naming a child a "thing". Oh, and Leonidas is pretty freaking cool! I can imagine he would grow up to be quite the ladies man :-) I agree though that boy names are really tough!!

lala22
July 25th, 2014, 10:35 PM
crazycat- yeah he liked really romantic girly names. Luckily I did too- haha. What about Bernadette or Bernadine instead of Bernice? Bernie for short? Or you could use one of those variations as a middle name. Agh- names are hard...you want them meaningful and true to who you are as family but not so out of the norm that your kid hates you for it. I'm totally blanking on that boy name you mentioned crazycat but I too have a hard time with the word tit coming to mind- but if you start feeling uneasy perhaps you could use as the mn? You could use Bruce as a first or Bryce or another variation as a take on it. Just shots in the dark. Lol

lala22
July 25th, 2014, 10:36 PM
And I like Quinn a lot but for me it's more feminine sounding. I thought about it for our first daughter.

LilithWiser1979
July 25th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Haha, Yahmama, I never worry about what other people are naming their kids around me. If I want it, I'm taking it!

Having said that, I'm an insane person who blacklists all baby names on the Social Security's top 100 baby names for the past 5 years. I have a top 5 name for the year I was born and I HATE it!

I haven't really bought much for my DD, except for an awesome wrap and a diaper bag (black backpack type that DH won't complain about carrying.) DH and I haven't even started the name discussion yet, but I'm dreading it. We always fight until the baby's born, and his choices suck.

I like Tierra. We're half Latino, and I'm full hippie, so having a Spanish name that means "earth" and isn't common sounded crazy cool to me! I also like Rhiannon, Leiana, Illari, and Kaya.
I also like Elysia for a middle name. It's a derivative of the Elysian fields that are part of the afterlife in Roman Mythology. If I pair Elysia as a middle name with Tierra, her name would literally be "heaven and earth," albeit a pagan heaven, and a hispanic earth :)

He likes a lot of hispanic names that sound great in Spanish, but lame in English. I'm hoping he'll give in and let me name her, but I also feel kind of bad because I named the boys.

lala22
July 25th, 2014, 11:58 PM
What are your boy names Lilith? I love all of those girl names!

angielorna
July 26th, 2014, 12:04 AM
we haven't discussed names. We talked about girl names BEFORE we got preggo. I said I liked Charlie for a girl or boy -- he thought that was funny. Short for Charlotte. He likes Catherine, but that's my bosses name...um, that would be weird. I tried to throw in a few boys names and he wouldn't hear of it because we were "thinking positive" before conception (lol).

DS1 is Alexander Maurice Nicolaas. I wanted Alexander for my great-grandfather (and bc I like the name), DH wanted it for Alexander the Great (history buff). Middles names are my father and his - in alphabetical order to avoid whining from my dad.

DS2 is Thomas Theodore Roland. I've always loved Thomas but DH hated it. We were due in October and I thought he was going to born 10/10/10 and since DH is a computer geek, he wanted to find out if that meant anything in binary. he just kept adding 1010 until it came up to a letter -- which was T. He then agreed because of Thomas Payne (I believe). Theodore is a masculine version of his mother's name (Theadora) and Roland is my grandfather.

We are running out of male family names to use!!!

For a girl, besides Charlotte, I like Natalie, Annalise, Anita, Lorna .... lots to choose from. I like Delilah (but we have a D last name and I refuse to name our child a D name -- DD is just bad for initials IMO). If I'd go with D, I'd probably name my next boy Dante. I love that name!

Anyway, had my first prenatal appointment today. All seemed to go well. She did not try to find the HB with the Doppler (good plan, since I can't find it with mine yet, lol). I have to figure something out to get my weight under control. I've gained back almost all the weight I lost from dieting and then LE. So on Monday I will start making better choices. Fruit, veggies, whole grains....you know, all the boring stuff.

Angie

angielorna
July 26th, 2014, 12:06 AM
as a random observation -- I haven't been paying attention to my ticker! Almost 25% complete. Awesome! Almost 1/4th of the way there :P

Angie

LilithWiser1979
July 26th, 2014, 12:10 AM
I didn't pick out any boy names this time around, since I knew she was a girl from so early on. The leftover names from the boys were Tiernan, Kieran, Valkyr (Val for short,) Aurelio, Locke, and a few others Ive forgotten.

lala22
July 26th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Lilith- I meant what are you current boy's names:-)

daisymoo
July 26th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Lillithwiser and Yahmama Let me know the minute ye start selling crochet hats and I'll buy one straight away I love crochet hats!
Ladies Ye've given me great ideas for names to add to my list Thanks And all your kids have such beautiful names x

hotdogz&boyz
July 26th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Rosie and Mum: I was convinced full-on that my third was a boy. No doubts in my mind. You can actually go back and look at a thread I wrote back then because I was so sure in my gut that it was a boy. Not so much. Those feelings don't mean anything. Don't let them take up too much space in your heads :)

As for names. We are kinda avoiding the discussion because we also have no boys names left that we agree on. It's not that we fight, we just have SUCH different tastes. With our first, my husband wanted his middle name from his family, which actually worked out pretty well because we shared a family connection. Then we made list after list to try to find a common denominator. We finally did and we got such great reception on the name from everyone, saying how they hadn't heard it much and that it was a great name...and apparently everyone got that memo and it SHOT up the popularity lists like a rocket :rolleyes: But, it suits him and that is what matters. His name is Liam Thomas.

Our second, I named. Lol. I always wanted to name a child after my paternal grandma. She is seriously the most awesome person you will ever meet. And after we used Thomas after hubby's family, I thought it was pretty fair to use a name from my family. And hubby liked the name anyway. And then I did the whole thing where my current favorite name I just kept badgering him about. It didn't hurt that we had tons of miscarriage issues before him and I think hubby just wanted a name so we could start connecting to him. And I wanted a less popular name, after what happened with our first. His name is Kieran Patrick. Suits him incredibly well.

And hubby picked our daughters first name, but it was out of the blue. It has strong family connections to MY family, which is funny that we never discussed it in previous girl name discussions. He just came out with it at the beginning of the pregnancy and we really never considered another name at all (for a girl). I picked her middle name, since hubby didn't care and had no female names he wanted to use from his family. I have a very family oriented name, so I wanted to do that with her as well. Her name is Josephine AnnaLee. We call her Jo, which was my maternal grandmas name, who passed many years before I was born. I truthfully love the name and can't envision her being anything else.

We currently have the following names on our list, but nothing for sure. A boy will have the middle name Robert 100%. After my friend who died. Currently we are considering Sawyer Robert. For a girl, I really want Clara, as it means the same thing as Robert (bright). But hubby wants Eliza. We might end up with something not on those lists at all. I still have hope that hubby has a secret cool name up his sleeve, like with Jo. :)

sweetdream
July 27th, 2014, 03:22 AM
I've been pretty ill the last few days.... Hope it passes soon.
I reply via the tel. Find it hard to type long messages. (And stupid autocorrect)

We haven't got the names discission yet. With 3boys I find it hard to go through the boy sections again. I'd rather not post them openly. If anyone is curious they can send me a PM.

castch
July 27th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Hello everybody
we were on holiday for two weeks and this threat was really busy....
I congrat everybody for positive news and my thoughts are with the ones who were not feeling good.
I did the prendia blood test beginning of July and the secretary of my doctor told me it will take three weeks until we have the results. My doctor knew how worried I was about the Health and gender of the baby that he called me Saturday morning after one week when the whole family was sitting in the Taxi going to the airport. His voice was so calm that I was expecting Bad news. But we will be having a healthy girl!!! We were all crying in the car. I still can't belive it and have to see it as well at the 20 weeks Scan. Will really my dream come true?
Did you ever hear from somebody who had a wrong gender result from the blood test?
It is great that you all have so great name ideas but for me still everything is unrealistic that I can't think of names or buying baby cloth. I am still afraid of loosing the baby. I hope it will change when I can feel the baby movements....

daisymoo
July 27th, 2014, 08:57 AM
O

daisymoo
July 27th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Sorry hit the send button too soon!! Oh wow Catch that's amazing news! Enjoy pink shopping!
Sorry to hear you're feeling sick Sweetdream Try ginger tea It will really help x

Yahmama
July 27th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Congrats Castch!!!

Abifasc
July 27th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Aw congrats castch!

odd
July 27th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Congratulations castch.

Lovely names and stories from all of u. Us being Indian, our names are completely different and wouldn't make much sense to any of u lol. I love the idea of naming the child after someone in the family because traditionaly, we just use dad's first name as middle name.

This tiem however, hubby and I agreed to have his grandma s name as baby's middle name since we were both super close to her

kitkat18
July 27th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Yah!!!! Catsch love all your names x

dreamingofwin
July 27th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Congratulations catsch!!

My sons name George. We chose it years and years ago and knew it'd be our sons name if we had one.
We have picked our names for this time I think x

SamS_TTCPink
July 27th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Congrats catsch!

Abifasc
July 28th, 2014, 09:53 AM
I have an ultrasound date to find out the gender! August 18...I'll be 15w1d. Anyone else finding out soon?

Rosie85
July 28th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Abi I think a few of us ladies have our nt scans August 18th. Those obviously aren't for gender reveal though. Good luck!! Lots of scans that day including mine.

hotdogz&boyz
July 28th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Wow! Gender scan appts already!?! That is amazing (although I am quite a bit behind the ladies in here). But good luck. August 18th is right around the corner.

I have my NT scan on the 4th of September. Ill be 12+3 or so. I'm going to attempt to NOT see a nub. Lol. I'd still really like to try team green. I am so wishy washy on it.

I hope everyone is feeling well today. I am 7 weeks today and for some reason, that is a big deal. I've miscarried a lot before 7 weeks and only once after 7 weeks, so this milestone is a big one for me!

Rosie85
July 28th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Yay for 7 weeks hotdogz! This baby is surely a sticky one for you!

I probably won't be on for a few days after today. We are going on a small vacation and I won't want to be on the internet other than to look up tasty restaurants haha.

sweetdream
July 28th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Good luck for waiting in gender! I'm scared. Lots of girls around je again. And 2 ladies pg couple weeks further a long. I'm pretty sure they get girls. And mine must be a boy again then. I wish I was further and Could enjoy more. Just feeling the baby!.

I have scan tomorrow! 10wk6days. I'm afraid there is already a slight rise. I really want an unreliable girl nub so there is a 50-50 chance!!!!

Hotdogz! Hooray for your sticky bean.

FutureMiniMe
July 28th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Congrats Catch and hooray for 7 weeks Hotdog!

Abi, I also have an NT scan on August 18th!

Abifasc
July 28th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Good luck to all of us getting scans the 18th! I hope you all share pics!

FutureMiniMe, are you finding out? I'm not sure if I'm the only one not team green.

daisymoo
July 28th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Wow Aug 18th is a popular day Can't wait for updates!! Hope ye all get your desired gender x
Hotdogz Great to get to 7 weeks Congrats!
Best of luck tomorrow Sweetdream Bet it's a girl! Keep us posted Hun
Rosie enjoy the vacation Hope you get to eat lots of lovely food and get a chance to put your feet up!
I have my gender scan on 23 Aug and the wait is nearly unbearable! I'll be 19 + 2 so hopefully we'll get a good look in between baby's legs!!

essnce629
July 28th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Like KitKat, I'm popping over to see how you ladies are doing and keep me motivated!

Lillith-- Congrats on your final confirmation that yes indeed you are having a girl!!! So excited for you!

Oncue-- Congrats on your boy! You must be over the moon!

And for everyone else with scans on August 18th, good luck!!!

I'm on measly CD2 and going for my 4th attempt in August!

FutureMiniMe
July 28th, 2014, 02:14 PM
We have been team green in the past (except the last time I found out but kept it a secret from DH). I am talking him into finding out with me. He sounds like he might be willing to find out with me this time! I will be 12+5 at my scan and am really trying to look at all the nub scans I can to practice before that!

castch
July 29th, 2014, 03:42 AM
Thanks ladies.

Hope that you will get nice pics of your babies at the 18th.

Sweetdreams I wish you good luck for your scan today and that you will find out the gender soon. I know exactly how you are feeling. I was convinced it will be a boy again. Have my Fingers crossed for your little girl.

FutureMiniMe hope that you and your husband will get a nice and clear nub scan of your baby...

Will have my scan the 15th and hope that I will get the confirmation for my girl ;-).

Sunflower3
July 29th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Hi ladies! I had my first scan yesterday. I'm 7w 2d measured 7w 4d and heart rate was 158. Like you Hotdogz I'm elated to make it beyond 7 weeks. My twin miscarriage and ins in February were both before 7 weeks!

I'm a bit behind all of you. GL on all your gender scans!

SamS_TTCPink
July 29th, 2014, 07:10 AM
That's awesome about your scan sunflower! Must be a relief to be this far along and having seen a strong little bean in there. I'm 6weeks 3days so you're in front of me!! 😉👍

Rosie85
July 29th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Ladies...I had some bleeding last night. I'm waiting for my clinic to open so I can call. I'm praying they can get me in for a scan. I'm terrified and feel like something is wrong. We are supposed to leave for our trip today...why does this have to happen right now?!

sweetdream
July 29th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Rosie, I'm so sorry. Hope everything is fine. And you get a scan.

I've had the second scan today. Bubba was soo active. The edd is moves to earlier. I was pretty sure when I had my egg. Hoping it doesn't mean boy.
The babe looked girly! Wich is normal for my term. 11weeks 1day. But I was afraid there might be already a slight rise.

Still in for 50%chance of this being a girl.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2l9bu9.jpg

Abifasc
July 29th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Rosie, let us know what happens! I had spotting a week ago but it went away and baby is ok. I hope it's the same for you!

Sweet dream, cute baby! Are you team green or will you find out?

sweetdream
July 29th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Team green

Rosie85
July 29th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks ladies...just waiting on a call from clinic I had left a message.

odd
July 29th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Rosie. I hope it's really nothing. It can be stressful; did u get 'busy' recently? ? That usually gives me a small bleed

Rosie85
July 29th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Nope no sex recently. I just want a scan so I can see if everything is okay and then I can enjoy my trip. They are taking forever to call back.

sweetdream
July 29th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Call again. Maybe they will just pick up

Rosie85
July 29th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I have a scan at 10:30..so in 1 hour. I'm so nervous. I really hope all is okay and I can come home pack and then leave and have a great time.

FutureMiniMe
July 29th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Oh Rosie. How nerve wracking. I really really hope all is well and you can go enjoy yourself!

sweetdream
July 29th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I hope al is Well good luck rosie

Sunflower3
July 29th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Keep us posted Rosie. Hopefully it's nothing and you can enjoy your trip. xxx

LilithWiser1979
July 29th, 2014, 01:36 PM
FX for you Rosie! I know small bleeds are pretty common, so odds are in your favor that it's all okay, but coming off of a miscarriage makes one extra nervous, I know.

Anyone else getting lots of movement? I just passed the 20 week mark, and she's all over the place inside me!

Also, has anyone else ever thrown their own baby shower? I know it's supposedly tacky, but my best friend's in China, my sister and I are not speaking to each other, so I have no idea who I could foist this on, and I wouldn't want to. I just want a little party and some girly outfits, and a get-together with my female friends. I just feel weird doing it myself.

sweetdream
July 29th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Rosie how are you? hope you had a nice scan and are on your way to enjoy a holiday now!

I wouldn't throw my own babyshower. But it isn't that common here so that might has something to do with it.
I had 2 babyshowers. 1 was with about 10 ppl. the second one was only with my SIL's and grandmother and mother. (loved it!)
It's not about presents here too (mostly you get them at birth) but it's about spending time with your loved ones.

Guess you could arrange a little get together. and if they decide to turn it in to a shower it would be different?

odd
July 29th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Ya..I wouldn't be comfortable throwing my own baby shower esp. When I have other kids/older kids for whom I've had showers. But that's me

What my sister did though, wss had a lil party thrown 'in honor' of her baby so she could get together with her closest friends and family, but what she did was asked them to make a donation to her fav children's charity instead of gifts

odd
July 29th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Speaking od not talking to ur sibling, I thought it was just my cookoo family. .lol. .we hardly ever speak to each other and my brother and I haven't talked in years. My sister stopped talking to me for the longest time but my son missed his cousin so I made the effort to reconnect for the sake of kids.

daisymoo
July 29th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Rosie keeping everything crossed for you hun I'm sure everything will be just fine and you'll be on the road to your vacation in no time Thinking of you x

daisymoo
July 29th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Sweetdream Meant to say that's great news about your scan Bet it's a pink one!!

daisymoo
July 29th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Sunflower3 that fab news about your scan too You can really start to enjoy your pregnancy now Congrats!

kitkat18
July 29th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Cute bebe sweet dream FX its your girl, hope everything is okay Rosie Xx

lala22
July 29th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Oh Rosie! I think we're all nervous for you. Let us know how it goes! Whoever asked about baby movement at 20 weeks I'm at 19 and this little munchkin is everywhere too though he moves in clusters so I get some breaks here and there:-)

hotdogz&boyz
July 29th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Rosie...I hope all is okay. I hope you are just taking your scheduled break for vacation. Fingers crossed all is well!!

Guys...I'm a jerk. A big jerk. My friend called today and is unexpected expecting her fourth too. She desperately wants a girl. I WANT her to have a girl. But, I'm gonna admit, I had a twinge of "oh gosh, what if she has a girl and we have a boy." Which is stupid...she already had to deal with that with me. I had a girl after she had her third son. I mean, it's only fair she gets a girl this time! And I really do want her too! But I guess this is where I admit that if she has a girl, I want one too. If she had a boy I'd be fine with a boy. I just don't know how ill feel if she has a girl and we have a boy. Which is selfish!! I already have a girl. Gosh I feel like a rotten friend. But it will fun to do pregnancy together anyway. Had to get that out ;)

SamS_TTCPink
July 29th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Thinking of you Rosie and hope you got your can and everything was ok. xx

Rosie85
July 29th, 2014, 09:33 PM
It's not good news. The scan revealed no baby at all but instead a mass of clots and growths. I have a complete molar pregnancy. I'm totally crushed. I have a d and c scheduled for next week and after that I am supposed to wait 1 year before getting pregnant again. I really don't think I'm meant to have another baby. I spent 2 hours crying in the clinic..everyone was so nice there but this sucks so bad. 1 in 1500 pregnancies and it had to be mine.

daisymoo
July 29th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Oh no Rosie I am so so sorry That is just awful Wish I was there to give you a big hug xx

coocoobananas
July 29th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Oh Rosie:( no. I am so sorry, how heartbreaking for you.
I know how much you want this.
How do those growths happen??
Thinking of you lots and big big hugs!!!

Sunflower3
July 29th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I'm so sorry Rosie. Sending you hugs and praying for you.

lala22
July 29th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Oh no Rosie- I don't quite know what a molar pregnancy is but I am so so sorry. I was hoping and praying for good news. I hope you have the support you need at home.

FutureMiniMe
July 29th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I'm so sorry you are going through this hon! I was thinking about you all day. Prayers to you and your family.

Abifasc
July 29th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Oh my goodness Rosie I'm so so so sorry. Big hugs honey. Praying for you.

Rosie85
July 29th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Complete molar pregnancy. An egg with no genetic information is fertilized by a sperm. The sperm grows on its own, but it can only become a lump of tissue. It cannot become a fetus. As this tissue grows, it looks a bit like a cluster of grapes. This cluster of tissue can fill the uterus.

That is the info I found. My uterus is very large...The size if it were carrying twins. This explains my lack of morning sickness as well. Thank you for the condolences ladies and coocoo...yes I wanted this so badly. I am angry I wasted 10 weeks growing a mass thinking foolishly that it was a baby. I hate that after all my hard work for months it was all for nothing and I can't even conceive again anytime soon. It isn't fair at all and frankly I'm just pissed off at the universe.

Rosie85
July 29th, 2014, 10:26 PM
To make matters worse we had just told everyone two days ago about the pregnancy. Those were not fun phone calls to make today taking it all back.

lala22
July 29th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Oh Rosie- you're allowed to be pissed off at the world right now. Life has a way of being very unfair at times. I'm not sure if it's helpful for you to do right now- for some people wallowing for a bit is necessary and for some looking at the positives is important but look at those three littles you have now that are healthy and here and hopefully they will help you get through this. So many positive thoughts heading your way.

odd
July 29th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Oh rosie. I really don't have words. It's not fair and shouldn't happen to good people. My heart breaks for u :-(

I'd never even heard of molar pregnancy before - god, if it's not one thing, it's another with pregnancies. I'm sooooo sorry. *hugs*

Rosie85
July 29th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Thank you ladies. Your words mean a lot to me. I am so glad I have support here. I am so excited for all of you for your healthy pregnancies so keep on keeping on! I will be dipping out soon and leaving the site for a bit but all my well wishes are with you all.

babyb5
July 29th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Rosie, I'm so sorry to hear that. It makes me cry. Big hugs and praying....

essnce629
July 30th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Oh no Rosie, this is terrible news. I'm so, so, sorry. I can't even imagine what you are going through. (((HUGS)))

I do have a question though-- why did they say to wait a whole year to TTC again? My best friend just went through a missed miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks and the doctor said she only had to wait one cycle before TTC again (to make sure her lining is good). Even with molar pregnancies, I've read once you're HCG levels are back down to zero you are ok to try again. My best friend is now 2 weeks out from her D&C and her HCG levels as of a few days ago are at 112, down from 55,000. Are you in the U.S. or another country?

Sending you lots of healing vibes and positive thoughts.

SamS_TTCPink
July 30th, 2014, 12:23 AM
Oh no Rosie!! I am so so sorry at your news. How heartbreaking, especially after everything you've already been though. And to have just told people and to now have to share this too. 😢

Don't be hard on yourself, you weren't to know any different and you have a right to be angry at the world! Take some time out to recover after your D&C both physically and emotionally and know you do have so much support here.

Sending you hugs, love and prayers. xxxx

coocoobananas
July 30th, 2014, 12:51 AM
I wish I could fix this for you Rosie:(
I am so so sad for you.
Get angry and tell us all here!
I know I'm not in your group but I was always checking in on you and I'll miss you:(

sweetdream
July 30th, 2014, 02:10 AM
I know you need to wait cause there are risks with molar pg.
Rosie I'm so sorry!
Do you also get chemo? And do they keep you under check ups?
! I have no words. The worst case scenario you Could have had. My heart akes for you.

LilithWiser1979
July 30th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Rosie, I am floored that this has happened to you. How unbelievably cruel of the universe to throw this at you right after a miscarriage. Yes, you absolutely have permission to be angry at the world. Grieve, cry, scream, and do whatever you need to to heal from this. You deserved so much better. My heart broke reading your news. I was truly expecting to hear that it was nothing. Heal in your own time, but please come back to us when you're ready. We care about you here.

castch
July 30th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Rosie, I am so sorry that this is happening to you.
My thoughts are with you.
Be angry, cry and take all your time you need to be able to understand what happend.
You have wonderful children and after some time this sad experience will make you stronger and get your family even closer together...
Take your time and the next try you will be surely get a healthy sticky bean.
Big hug....

kitkat18
July 30th, 2014, 03:41 AM
Rosie honey I know how bad you wanted this and how much effort you put in, im so sorry this is happening to you!! Be mad at the universe I would be too!! Ditto what essence said about hcg levels maybe get a second opinion from another doctor when you are up to it! I feel for you honey XXX

oncue
July 30th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Rosie I'm so so so sorry! That is such devastating news 😔 sending lots of hugs and prayers ur way xx

daisymoo
July 30th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Rosie I am still in shock that this has happened to you I'm really going to miss you on this thread I really hope you look after yourself and make sure you get extra big hugs from those three little boys in your life Take care of yourself and your dh I hope to cross paths with you again on a thread here in the future xx

foxymrsg
July 30th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Oh Rosie I am ever ever so sorry. Thinking of you so much now xx

crazycatcouple
July 30th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Rosie, I am so incredibly sorry for what you're going through! That is such a kick in the ass and you should be pissed at the world. How dare the universe do this to you! Get all the anger out, and then go love on your boys. I hope DH can offer you the support you need. We're all thinking about you and hope you'll come back and visit us again once you've had time to process your feelings and all.

Also, I read that a partial is handled differently from a full, and that the standard recommended wait time is 6 months, so I would maybe get a second opinion as a full year seems excessive. Also, if you google it, there are a lot of women who got pregnant earlier against doctor's recommendations and went on to have healthy pregnancies. I guess you just have to make sure your numbers get down to zero first to be safe. Of course, you should follow your heart on this one and do what makes you feel most comfortable. Good luck Rosie! We're all rooting for you!!

hotdogz&boyz
July 30th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Oh gosh Rosie. I am devastated for you. That is ridiculously unfair. I am so, so sorry you are going through this :( Molar pregnancies are scary and I hope your doctor helps you through it and is reassuring for future pregnancy health (I know people do go on to have healthy pregnancies after a molar, it just take a little longer). I wish this weren't happening to you. I will miss you lots on here. Biggest hugs ever. Feel free to PM if you want to rant and rave. I understand how awful it is to have things completely out of your control and just want to hate everything in the world. Take care of yourself lady. Again, I'm just so sorry.

BlessedMomma
July 30th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Omg rosie I am so sorry :*( I dont even know what to say, I just wanted to send hugs ur way.

Sunflower3
July 30th, 2014, 11:35 AM
We are all here for you Rosie! I'm so sorry for all you are going through!!! Sending all my love and support during this difficult time. xxxx

FutureMiniMe
July 30th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Aww, Rosie. We are going to miss you around here! Please do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. Sending lots of hugs and love your way!

angielorna
July 30th, 2014, 06:55 PM
I'm just catching up. Rosie, I'm am heartbroken for you. I wish I had the power to change this or take the pain away. You feel whatever it is you need to feel, do whatever it is you need to do. I hope, in time, you find a way to begin healing. I am so very sorry for your loss. Hugs from me to you. Take very good care of yourself...
Angie

essnce629
July 30th, 2014, 07:56 PM
I've been thinking of you all day and last night Rosie. I hope you have a good support system around you. And feel free to cry, be sad, mad, or whatever you need to feel. We are all thinking of you on here.

Rosie85
July 30th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Ladies you are all so very sweet. Thank you. Been a long hard day. I feel so much worse than with a miscarriage. I feel gross for growing a mass instead of a baby. It will take a while to move past this all. I'm terrified of the risk for cancer. It's 20%. Praying it doesn't happen to me.

On a brighter note I did go on vacation. ..they said I could wait for the d and c. It's been a good time. I hope everyone is feeling well...I will be thinking of all of you and will check back in on you all. I hope everyone will get their dream babies.

dreamingofwin
July 31st, 2014, 08:18 AM
I am so so sorry to read this. Stay strong and hope you all get through this together xxxxx

odd
July 31st, 2014, 11:52 AM
Rosie, so glad to see ur update and thst you went on vacation. It's always nice to relax and take mind off of things ♡

odd
July 31st, 2014, 11:54 AM
,20092Btw. My hubby is outta town so had to share with u ladies since we haven't shared our news with anyonr yet.

I had my first check up today and everything looks great. Baby measured right at 8 wk 4 days with a strong heartbeat of 167.

It was nice to get a peek at the little blob..I cried and cried lol

daisymoo
July 31st, 2014, 01:25 PM
Cute little baby odd Congrats x

odd
July 31st, 2014, 01:35 PM
Thanks daisymoo...I'm kinda hoping the ramzi theory is right in my case lol..I ovulated from left and my placenta is on left

daisymoo
July 31st, 2014, 02:49 PM
That ramzi theory goes right over my head! I haven't a clue how it works But here's hoping you get your dream gender x

FutureMiniMe
July 31st, 2014, 04:54 PM
Cute little baby, Odd!

MyByC
August 1st, 2014, 09:06 AM
I'm so sorry everyone I missed all of you all these days since I'm in holiday but now I'm trying to catch up again the great news I've read cause I have internet at the beach now.
Congrats to everyone! It's great to read positive. This makes me raise my hopes(sorry for my bad english).

Lala, I love your daughters name - Diella.
For boys I like Eric and Dominiq. Girls - Aida, Anastasia and Alessia.

So who did the blood test, can you tell me what s the minimum time you can make it? I mean, how many weeks...

oncue
August 1st, 2014, 10:37 AM
Hi MyByC I did the panorama blood test and they say you can do it from 9 weeks. I did the test around 12 weeks (which I think makes it more accurate) It took about 10 days to get the results xox

Marika
August 1st, 2014, 11:35 AM
Oh, Rosie! I am chocked to read what has happened to you! Just came in here after quite a long time and it's just heartbreaking to read you updates. I am so, so sorry for you and your family. I wish I had something wise to say that could be helpful, but no words seem to be enough. I hope you find a way to get through this and that you will recover in best possible way from this. A big hug!

I am also sorry for not having been active at all in this thread. I am now 12+0 and will do my NT-scan on monday. This time I have been so stressed about and afraid of chromosomal defects, loosing the baby and also being a bit nervous about gender, I have tried to focus on everything else but my pregnancy. Therefore, my visits here have been very few last weeks. By not reading or thinking much about it, I try to keep myself calmer.

I hope to be able to feel more relaxed (and active here) after seeing the baby on monday - hopefully alive and with all parts and chromosomes intact.

kitkat18
August 2nd, 2014, 05:14 AM
:wave: marika good luck for Monday FX its healthy first of all and you get some girly guesses thinking of you xxxx

lala22
August 2nd, 2014, 06:29 PM
My 20 week is Monday! SOOOOO excited:-)

crazycatcouple
August 2nd, 2014, 07:58 PM
Just had some really light bleeding :-( Just this morning I was finally able to hear the heartbeat with my doppler, but then after the spotting, I can't seem to find it anymore. I'm sure it's nothing serious since it was very light and no cramping, and I'm not even 10 weeks yet, so the Doppler is not 100% anyway. Still... It worries me. Probably going to wait to call the doc until Monday though unless there is more bleeding, and will just try again later with the Doppler to hopefully ease my mind. The spotting has stopped and was truly very little, but I never had that with my first pregnancy, so it's still a little unsettling.

SamS_TTCPink
August 2nd, 2014, 08:09 PM
Fingers crossed all is ok crazycat. x

Abifasc
August 2nd, 2014, 08:13 PM
I had that too crazy cat about 2 weeks ago and it really freaked me out. It was very light but enough to convince me something was wrong. Everyone keeps telling me it's normal.

lala22
August 3rd, 2014, 12:03 AM
crazycat my friend just had some pink tinged discharge as well but docs said unless there is lots of bright red blood all was well. I'm sure everything is ok:-)

kitkat18
August 3rd, 2014, 04:45 AM
Hope all is okay crazycat, sounds normal but still worrying when its you x

oncue
August 3rd, 2014, 04:55 AM
Hey crazycat, it sounds like something that Cld be normal but I totally understand the worry! I think I wld be the same. Hopefully it doesn't come back and you also get some reassurance from ur doctor on Monday. Just take it easy and try relax as much as you can xox
I decided to have an anatomy scan on the weekend to see if they wld confirm the gender at 15 weeks. I didn't tell the guy what we knew, and he confirmed it's all boy. Was pretty unreal seeing him on the 3D scan toohttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/03/nyrazaba.jpg

daisymoo
August 3rd, 2014, 06:51 AM
Crazycatcouple I know bleeding in early pregnancy is very common and I'm sure everything is perfect Try and rest up for the day and hope all goes well at the docs x
Oncue what a cute little man you have growing there! Congrats again!

crazycatcouple
August 3rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm feeling better about it all... The bleeding hasn't come back and this morning I was able to find the heartbeat again :-). I feel so much better now! I'm sure it was nothing to worry about, but when it's something new, we're bound to worry!

Oncue, what a great potty shot! I remember at our sneak peak for Lyra (we swayed on IG), she wasn't cooperating at all to get any face shots, but her butt was in the air and her legs were spread, lol. It was exactly what we were looking for of course, but the ultrasound tech felt bad we couldn't get any face shots and let us come back another day.

Sunflower3
August 3rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Crazycatcouple-glad you are feeling better and found the baby's heart beat again.
Oncue awesome potty shot!!!! Congrats!

dreamingofwin
August 3rd, 2014, 12:33 PM
I have my anomaly scan Tuesday morning! Hoping there are no slip ups on what gender it us then we'll be team green until the end! X

kitkat18
August 3rd, 2014, 03:34 PM
Good luck dreaming!! Oncue he's all boy!! Xx

Abifasc
August 3rd, 2014, 04:16 PM
Glad you're feeling better CrazyCat! And perfect shot Oncue, congrats!

I have an ultrasound tomorrow. I'm praying soooo hard I'll get a good nub shot!

Andrew743
August 3rd, 2014, 06:42 PM
Presseed worked like magic for us. It's a boy confirmed today. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/y5aty6ap.jpg

Abifasc
August 3rd, 2014, 08:20 PM
Congrats Andrew!!

SamS_TTCPink
August 3rd, 2014, 08:24 PM
Congrats Andrew!

hotdogz&boyz
August 3rd, 2014, 10:13 PM
For some reason I can't like those pictures...bit a big congrats to both of you :) I bet you are both so happy. No denying those little men!!

oncue
August 4th, 2014, 02:22 AM
Thanks ladies and congrats Andrew! I never really thought seeing a boy would be so obvious hahaha.
Hope ur scan goes well Abi! Xo

kitkat18
August 4th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Congrats Andrew x

Marika
August 4th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Congrats Andrew!

And so happy to hear you are feeling better and that you aren't bleeding/spotting anymore Crazycatcouple!

I did my NT-scan today and feel soooo relieved! Everything looks good with the baby that was given very low risk for chromosomal defects. It was really lively and pretty hard to get flat on the back, so on many pics it was upside down or on the head. Posting some pics here if any of you wanna have a guess based on nub. I asked the tech if nub was visible but she said the never look or point those out since "parts are so small and there is nothing to look at really".

On first image there is a thin line seen, but on last there is a really big thing standing straight up, are any of those the nub?

sweetdream
August 4th, 2014, 05:06 AM
In one pic I think girlish the other might go boy. But I think still 50-50 on your bubba Marika. Its so good to see such a active baby!

daisymoo
August 4th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Congrats Andrew!
And congrats Marika! Yay that's fantastic news! Your baby looks adorable! How many weeks are you? I would guess girl

Marika
August 4th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Thanks Daisymoo! According to my own calculation I should be 12+3, but tech says 12+5 going by measurement of baby.

sweetdream
August 4th, 2014, 07:31 AM
In the bottum pic not the whole nub seem te be captured. But I think its slightly on the rise.
Not sure though.

Marika
August 4th, 2014, 07:37 AM
sweetdream - I see what you mean! I guess I'll just have to stay patient for another six weeks before we have our next scan.

Anyway - seeing baby alive and what appears to be healthy (so far) was fantastic. I could feel the gender immediately getting a lot less important.

sweetdream
August 4th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Yes its great to see! Still hope its your girl though!

Abifasc
August 4th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Marika I don't think your nub pics are great for guessing since baby was so active. I think by nub it looks boyish but it could be that baby was flipping so much it was falling forward? I only see a good nub in the first pic. The skull looks girly to me.

sweetdream
August 4th, 2014, 08:13 AM
When is your scan Abi?

Abifasc
August 4th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Mine is today at 4! I can't wait!!

Marika
August 4th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Good luck Abi!

daisymoo
August 4th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Best of luck Abi! Can't wait for nub shot!

hotdogz&boyz
August 4th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Congrats on a healthy bean Marika! I hope mine is active and healthy when we get to that point! I actually think the first pic shows the nub, if I didn't see shadows, I would guess girl. But there are some shadows above the nub that make me wonder if its part of the nub. And having an active baby, I am even less inclined to guess, since those shadows could be almost anything. But baby is beautiful and I am glad you were relieved to just want healthy at the scan :)

Good luck Abi! Hope you get a nice nub shot!

kitkat18
August 4th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Congrats marika!!! :wave: sooo glad baby is happy and healthy x

crazycatcouple
August 4th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Marikia, I think it looks girl, but I'm a novice at the nub shots, so who knows. Glad baby is healthy and active! Can't wait to see more scans coming through :-)

Marika
August 4th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Kitkat - thanks! And HUUUGE congrats to you! I saw in another thread tht you've got your bfp! So happy for you!!

Crazycatcouple - thanks, I am also so happy to see the baby looking healthy.

We also told our sons today and they were over the moon! They have been longing for a sister or brother for a while and we finally could give them the good news! Felt fantastic!

Andrew743
August 4th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Thanks everyone!!! Oncue thank you!! Haha that made me laugh. Funny thing is the techs have been very sure he was an obvious boy since our 10week ultrasound! Lol. Proud dad syndrome in full effect! :)

odd
August 4th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Hope ur scan went well abi

Congratulations Andrew

Marika. Your baby's too cute. No idea about gender but hope its ue girl in there

Abifasc
August 4th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Sorry I forgot to post here. The tech had never heard of the nub theory, but she did freeze the monitor so I could explain it to her and show her that my baby is a girl!!! I'm not getting excited yet though until I see a potty shot in two weeks and hear "it's a girl" :) she looks good though, measuring 13w6d and has a heartbeat of 155.

babyb5
August 4th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Congratulations Abifasc ! I'm happy for you.

lala22
August 4th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Yay Abi!!!

I had my 20 week today and got a BIG confirmation that this is in fact all boy. I'll be getting all other measurements back tomorrow or the next day so I'm very much looking forward to those!

crazycatcouple
August 4th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Congrats Abi - sounds promising :-)

And yes, Lala, there's no arguing that one!

daisymoo
August 4th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Congrats Abi and Lala!! A girl and a boy Fantastic!!

odd
August 4th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Good news all around. Congratulations lala and abi..cheers! !!

Marika
August 5th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Congrats Abi - sounds promising!

And congrats to baby boy lala!

kitkat18
August 5th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Great news abi!!im sure you would know!! Xx

sweetdream
August 5th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Congrats on your girl Abi! And lala on your Boy.

Wow really lots do get there DG on this Thread.

I'm still afraid I'm the one that will not.
I feel so scared loads of the time. But I'm more scared to hear boy if we would find out. So sticking with team green.

oncue
August 5th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Wow! Great news abi and Lala! So happy for u both. Yeah when I asked my tech for a potty shot, he actually laughed as he said he never heard of it! Can't wait for everyone else's updates too! Sweetdream u are very strong to not find out xo

Sunflower3
August 5th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Congrats Abi and Lala!!! Very exciting news!

Abifasc
August 5th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Congrats Lala!! So exciting! Do you have a name picked out?

I feel pretty confident with the nub shots I saw of mine, but the tech, while nice, was all-business. It was great to see her though and now I just can't wait for my other ultrasound!

angielorna
August 5th, 2014, 04:14 PM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff158/angielorna/BLOB.png (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/angielorna/media/BLOB.png.html)

I realized I never did post my 8 week ultrasound picture :) And decided I wanted to share. I read some people were attempting Ramzi - despite my desire to stay green, I looked up Ramzi and initially was a little sad to see that Ramzi was leaning boy....until I read that it doesn't count if it's a sag view (which this is). I cannot determine skull from body, so no guesses possible from this, I suppose (boo).

But anyway, blob was 8w1d measuring 9w. NT scan booked for next Wed Aug 13....I'm going to try and catch a glimpse of nub...I think.

Angie

Abifasc
August 5th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Yay if hope you get a nub shot Angie!!

kitkat18
August 6th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Good luck Angie xx

Marika
August 6th, 2014, 02:28 AM
Angie - Good luck at the scan next week! Reagrding Ramzi I read a bit about it after my early scan and as you say it's not applicable on sagittal scans. It's also very hard to tell from a pic, if you don't know if the scan is flipped or not, which can vary a lot. Hope you get a sneak peak at the nub!

dreamingofwin
August 6th, 2014, 02:37 AM
So had my scan yesterday. I told the tech before he started we didn't want to know. He never told us yo look away at any point. Whilst he was measuring the tummy he showed us the dark area that was the bladder just below. Now baby didn't have legs open or anything but I saw what looked like a tiny drawing of Willy and balls. I saw it twice. It was just under the bladder but the shot was from the side of the baby and the bits were as if they were looking at me. I exclaimed I knew the sex and ubby who was actually looking there said he'd not seen anything. The tech said that he didn't even know the sex as he'd totally avoided that area. He even said when measuring the femur they sometimes show themselves so he does it quickly but he'd not had to. I am so confused as I saw something there. But Google most people said they'd need their legs open and there was not obvious shot like that. I pressed the tech at the end and asked if he really didn't scan over the gender and he said no but he could by lying. Surely he'd have known the gender.

Anyway good news is baby is healthy, bad news I now am feeling like this for 20 weeks x

kitkat18
August 6th, 2014, 04:55 AM
Oh dreaming, good news healthy bubba honey , I would not worry too much a neighbor likewise was sure she had seen boy bits at her scan turns out its a little lady!!
But listen I so understand honey just got my BFP and of course sure its another boy for us, big hugs!! Try not to over think it!! Yes I have been telling myself the same we did our best and what will be will be xxxxxxx

dreamingofwin
August 6th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Oh huge congratulations kitkat!! Long time coming so so pleased for you xxxxx. I feel ok actually if its another boy. The main reason I am so gutted is that I desperately wanted a genuine surprise this time after it was spoilt last time at 37 weeks! The only way I'll get a surprise now is if a girl pops out Haha x

FutureMiniMe
August 6th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Hiya ladies! I have kinda been lurking around but haven't really had much to post about. Huge congrats to Andrew, Oncue, Abi, and Lala! finding out you are getting the gender you want must be an amazing feeling! Everyone I have told so far says they hope it is a girl but I am sure to tell everyone a boy would be great too. Great scans to Marika and Angie too! i love those baby scans. I got one at 10 weeks when doc couldn't get the heartbeat...the baby was moving around way too much to even get a cute baby looking scan out of it though (and it was an abdominal scan so it looked tiny).

I still don'have much to report pregnancy wise. My ds1 is starting Kindergarten next week and my youngest will be starting preschool. I have taken the full day off of work for the 1st day of kindie. I can't even believe he is going to be a school aged kid! My almost three year old is so ready for preschool though. And they are all excited about new backpacks and lunchboxes.

Being that it is the last month of summer for us, we tend to have something going on each weekend to cram all our fun in. Between all the fun and getting ready for school, I've been pretty distracted. I am grateful because when I take my mind off of thinking about the pregnancy it seems to go by faster.

Hope you ladies are doing well. I keep peeking in even when I don't post.

lala22
August 6th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Futureminime- August is crazy for us too! Thanks for all of the congrats- from the start I just assumed I'd have another girl and since this was a surprise pregnancy I feel really really lucky to just have happened upon my preferred gender. Abi- we do have a favorite name though we are keeping a list as I feel so strange naming him before I see him.

Marika
August 6th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Can I nubsess a bit more? :-)

I saw what hotdogz wrote about shadows and had to google it and now understand that they can make it pretty tricky. I therefore adjusted my pic a bit, made i brighter, bigger and with more contrast to see more of what's going on around the nub.

From what i see there are a lot of thing that can be shadows, both under and over. What do you experts think? Any more clues here?

LilithWiser1979
August 6th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Dreaming, don't totally assume you're out just yet. My ultrasound would have been SO confusing if I hadn't wanted complete confirmation of her gender. I SWEAR I saw package there in between the legs! Turns out it was a weird angle on her cord, and the tech paused the screen on a perfect potty shot of a labia. Baby was super squirmy, so without the still shot, my untrained eye didn't catch it. She still didn't show me much of a "hamburger" or 3 lines, but the tech assured me that my Panorama was definitely correct and that this was, without a doubt, a girl.

It's not a bad idea to prepare though. Here's hoping for your happy delivery day surprise! :)

DS1 started 1st grade this week and DS2 will be starting preschool next month. I almost teared up at signing my baby up for his first preschool classes, but DH was a butt about it. He figures that I'm getting another baby, despite the fact that he would have preferred to be done, and so there's no reason to be sad because this isn't the last kid to be sent off to school. Sigh. Every kid is special!

hotdogz&boyz
August 6th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Nub-sess all you want :) I actually enjoy nub finding. I used to guess a ton on the ultrasound forums. But then I started getting tons of inbox messages and then I felt bad for not answering, so I stopped. Lol. I'm only on and off sporadically, so I couldn't keep up (even more reason why I totally admire atomic!)

But anyway, I really, really hesitantly want to lean pink on your nub. Even on the original, with the shadows, I wanted to say they weren't connected to the nub. And with more contrast, I actually think it looks less like they are connected or related to the nub. The part that throws me off is how active baby was. With an active baby, those captures can be off. The shadows appear, throwing everything off. Since you are on my DDC thread, ill tell you that my gut wants to lean pink. But I hate getting people's hopes up on a whim with so many "unknowns." So, don't hold me to it! Lol. I've been wrong plenty of times anyhow. But, if pressed, I'd lean more pink than blue.

lala22
August 7th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Yeah Marika- nubsess away. I love guessing. Yours is a toughy- I would lean pink too though.

Marika
August 7th, 2014, 01:03 AM
Thanks hotdogs and lala!

About the acitivity - I have no idea of exactly when the tech took the images - if it was during a movement or not. Baby was of course not moving the entire time, but it was first turned upside down, then on the head and finally she tried to "push" it right and get good measurements while it was looking to be in right position. Was kind of rolling between lying on back and side.

Oh, I wish I had known to look for a bump on the end, but I didn't really study nub theory that much before. Just looked for the angle or a stacked/long line. And I could only see this thin line showing up every now and then, and my first instinct was it was pretty flat. But I am absolutely not expert and in the beginning I was fully focused on the babys other parts. In fact, I was really emotional (since things didn't go well last time) and I couldn't stop crying until she said baby is alive, has a heartbeat and no signs of abnormalities. So gender at that moment was not priority, even if I am kind of hoping for pink.

But thanks for all opinions, both for blue and pink. I really appreciate them all!

oncue
August 7th, 2014, 03:03 AM
I not an expert marika but I wld also guess girl xx

Marika
August 7th, 2014, 04:09 AM
Thanks for guessing oncue :-)

Of course every pink guess makes me happy but I am still preparing to hear boy at 18 weeks. At this forum most guesses are cautious even if they are leaning pink and believe me, I do listen to the doubts and personally I am not very sure I'll get to hear pink. Posted at a few other places as well and at one forum in particular I got only girl guesses and no hesitations but the ones that stick on my mind most are the others, more hesitating ones. Maye it's a way to protect myself from disappointment and false hopes. The wait for next scan seem so long, but I hope my feeling of gender not being most important will be there even if it shows boy.

Dreaming - saw your post a bit late and first of all; happy to hear baby is doing good! I know it's easier said than done, but I don't think you should put too much weight in what you saw. If tech didn't realize that gender was seen, maybe it wasn't very obvious or shown at all? Thinking he should have avoided it when he knew you didn't wanna know. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

lala22
August 9th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Ladies! I have a random non gender related question. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I have been feeling WAY more attached and excited this time around. I felt fairly neutral the first time around- maybe because I know how much love we have for our little ones I know what's coming or am I already playing favorites? lol. Any mamas to more than one kiddo get more excited over subsequent pregnancies/babies?

oncue
August 9th, 2014, 06:43 AM
I think I was excited for our first pregnancy and each time it has diminished a little haha! I think that's only because I have less time to think about being pregnant with LOs running around and keeping me busy. We had to do a tour of our hospital today as we don't live in the same area anymore and I think the reality set in that we are having another baby! Hahaha I mean we know we are, but there's always so much going on that this time especially it's so easy to forget!
I probably agree that as u know how much u have, and the fact that u will be giving ur LO a new sibling, it's prob normal to feel more excited! X

Abifasc
August 9th, 2014, 07:52 AM
I felt super excited about my first son, and with my second it took me about 20 weeks to really connect with him mostly because several friends had miscarriages in the early stages of my pregnancy and I had NO symptoms so I was really nervous all the time, afraid I'd lose him. Is time I've been really excited, maybe because of all the praying and swaying, but I've also been so sick it's given me a lot of comfort that baby's ok. I don't love being pregnant, but there are parts about it where I find a lot of joy.

monkeysnuffer
August 9th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I am here! Due Feb 2015

lala22
August 9th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Lol- so funny ladies. I think there's probably quite a few women who get less excited with subsequent pregnancies. My last one was especially unexpected so I'm sure that plays a role in it- plus I'm just so dang happy to have a son:-)