PDA

View Full Version : Due in December 2014 - Jan/Feb 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

sweetdream
August 10th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I'm sorry I'm not active.
I feel bad. I hope its over soon. I'm so damn tired. I sleep a lot. DH is very sweet. Helps a lot. Cooks takes care of the kids.
I don't have a pressent nausea feeling but its always slightly there.
I started cleaning the kitchen last week and after Five stops bc. of gagging I gave up. Smells make me gag but sometimes just seeing like breakfast cereal make me gag.
I hope I feel better soon. I feel depressed the last few days.

FutureMiniMe
August 10th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Sweetdream, I was feeling pretty down when I was at my sickest. Now I feel like the ms is easing up (although more like it comes and goes less frequently). But I am still exhausted. I am really hoping for some more energy soon! I am tired of being tired. Fx for you that you feel better soon.

Rosie85
August 11th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Hey ladies. It's gotten more quiet around here. Just wanted to update everyone. I had my D&C last Wednesday and it went pretty well they found all timorous tissue and no baby at all which is what we were expecting. Yesterday I started bleeding really heavy and ended up in the hospital. ..turns out more tissue passed...Tons of it. I am feeling much better now and hoping it doesn't happen again. Starting in a week or so I have to go in and get my blood checked and will do that frequently to make sure the tissue isn't growing back. After all this mess I'm scared to ever get pregnant again. I'm sure they will tell me to wait at least 6 months so we shall see how I feel then. Emotionally I'm starting to feel better...it's been a long couple of weeks though. Hope everyone else is doing well!

nuthinbutpink
August 11th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Can you guys start a new thread please?? 150 pages!!

Abifasc
August 11th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Oh Rosie I'm glad you're doing/feeling better. I hope you do try again. This happening is so rare!

lala22
August 11th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the update Rosie! I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better emotionally- what a crazy ride you have been on!

Marika
August 12th, 2014, 02:31 AM
Rosie, so happy to hear you are doing a little better. I have been thinking of you, it is so sad you had to go through this. I hope your body recovers well and that you wont need any more treatment!

kitkat18
August 12th, 2014, 03:25 AM
So glad to hear you feeling better Rosie I have been thinking of you xx
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

crazycatcouple
August 12th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Rosie, so glad to hear you're doing a little better. I'm sure it has been quick an emotional time for you. Thank you for the update and I hope there's no more bleeding and that everything goes as it should for you.

As for me, I'm cross posting this little rant from another board, so sorry if any of your ladies see it twice, but I guess I'm just craving a little compassion and understanding :-)

The past few days have been horrid for me. Sunday, I came down with a mild fever. I thought it was mild at least, until I googled it and it says that your should go to the ER for a fever over 100.4 when pregnant as an elevated temp over that for a period of time can cause miscarriage or increased risk for birth defects such as cleft palate, heart defects, and neural tube defects, such as spina bifida. Great. I called the OB after hours line and she said to treat with Tylenol every 6 hours to keep it down, but that if I couldn't to go into the ER. Ugh... Tylenol seemed to do absolutely nothing for me. At about midnight, my fever hit 101.7, the chills started, and I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I got in a luke warm tub to try and get it lower. I sat there for almost 3 hours as it slowly lowered. I was pretty much freaking out because it wasn't lowering very quickly, yet DH didn't seem worried at all and was more perturbed that I had woken him and asked him to run a bath for me. Nice, right? Then when I mentioned to him while I was sitting in the tub that we might need to go into the ER and that we'd have to call and wake up his parents to get one of them to come over here so we didn't have to wake up our daughter, he said that I should just go by myself. Seriously? Here I was pregnant, shaking with chills from this fever, feeling like absolute garbage, scared we were killing or harming our child, and yet he would rather me drive myself to the damn hospital in the middle of the night rather than wake up his parents, who I know would have come over in an instant! I love my hubby of course, and for the past day while I was sick, he had done everything I asked of him, from making me soup, to taking care of Lyra, to running me the bath, but he's not very compassionate and never once sat down on the bed with me and gave me a hug or comforted me. He's very squeamish and hates germs, so he pretty much just stays away when I'm sick. I found that all I wanted was my mother, lol. Anyway, after almost 3 hours in the tub, my fever finally broke. I ended up dry heaving a ton on the way back to bed, putting me in tears, but after that I was finally able to sleep a few hours, but very restlessly and then went into my regular doctor first thing in the morning. They of course couldn't really pinpoint what it was, but put me on amoxicillin just in case. So far, the fever has not come back and after an entire day in bed yesterday, today, I am finally back to feeling more decently like myself. I have of course checked for the baby's heartbeat frequently since then and have been somewhat reassured that I've been able to find it, although that doesn't mean that it didn't cause some sort of defect, which is so incredibly scary to me. But of course, there's nothing I can do about it now. I just hope that those 2 or 3 hours with the elevated temp didn't do any permanent damage! At the time though, I just didn't know that driving and waiting in the hospital waiting room for almost as long was a better route than the cool bath, and I'm crossing my fingers we made the right decision. Oh, and although the OB nurse said not to use ibprofin, my regular doctor said that you can in the first and second trimester if the tylenol doesn't work to lower a fever. Luckily the fever did not come back so I didn't have to go that route, but still, it was interesting to hear. I just get so frustrated sometimes with night nurses. We took our daughter the ER one night on a night nurse's recommendation because we couldn't get her fever down with alternating advil and tylenol, and all the hospital did was give them both to her at the same time, which did the trick. Of course we ended up paying over $1200 for those bills, when I could have done the exact same thing myself for her at home! I just wish they would tell you that stuff rather than making you go through the ordeal of the ER and all those damn bills! Of course, at the same time, when a nurse tells you to go to the ER, generally speaking, you listen. And my OB nurse pretty much didn't give me any other things to try other than going to the ER if Tylenol every 6 hours didn't do the trick. Really? She didn't even mention the bath, but my mom did when I called her. And the fact that advil could be used if needed would have been nice to know too. I just kept thinking, what is the hospital going to be able to do that I can't? They might put cool compresses on me, but a cool bath at home is essentially the same. They might give me advil in a worst case scenario, but I had that at home as well. Ugh, sorry for the rant, but it just frustrate me that they are so quick to shuffle people off to the ER. The ER is scary and expensive, not to mention full of germs and disease! Oh well, it is what it is now. I do think we made the right choice in that I don't think they could have lowered it any faster than I had, given that I would have had to drive there, wait around to get checked in, etc. From experience, I know it's not as quick as you might think :-( Again, sorry for my rant!! I guess I'm just looking for some compassion and sympathy since I don't get any from DH :-( Thanks for listening ladies!

Abifasc
August 12th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Hugs, Crazycat! I'm sorry. I have found with my dh, who is an amazing man, kind of needs to be told directly what I want when pregnant because I think he really thinks everything is good when it's not. I have been very sick this time and have had really bad restless leg syndrome/ pained joints and it has really had me over whelmed and when I told dh he's just like "sorry babe"! I think sitting him down and telling him how overwhelming it is to carry this burden alone will help him.

crazycatcouple
August 13th, 2014, 11:56 AM
That's good advice Abi :-) Thank you! Hope your issues subside for you soon. I have battled with restless leg syndrome my whole life and it does seem to get worse with pregnancy. I've found that Calm (a magnesium powder you mix with water and drink before bed) helps a ton. I haven't been able to stomach it lately because it's very minerally, but normally it's very easy to drink and I definitely notice a difference. There's also a magnesium oil I got that I spray on my legs before bed that seems to help as well. Good luck!

Abifasc
August 13th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Oh wonderful, thank you so much! Where do I get the calm? I usually only have it during pregnancy but it's never been this bad. I feel like I can feel very individual bone and muscle in my body!

crazycatcouple
August 13th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I get it on Amazon :-) http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=calm They have a few different flavors and just noticed they also have one with added calcium, which might not be a bad idea during pregnancy.

Abifasc
August 13th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Oh thank you soooo much.

hotdogz&boyz
August 13th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry about your dramatic time crazycat. But, rest assured, I am sure baby will be just fine. I had the flu when I was preggo with DS1 and was flipping out about the fevers that came with it. I had some trouble getting them down at times (thankfully, it was a 48 hour bug), but he was healthy and perfect. I was around 10 weeks, so even less far along as you are. I think fevers are more dangerous the earlier you get them. Since it could affect development. But I'm still sorry you had such an ordeal.

Good luck on Monday Abi! I bet it's smooth sailing and you hear pink. With a girly nub at 13 weeks, I would feel pretty confident it's your girl.

lala22
August 13th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Yes Abi- Calm is awesome PLUS it helps with constipation and digestion issues which I have tons of during pregnancy. My RLS went away after the first trimester- hopefully it will lease up soon for you. Crazycat- you are not alone. Sometimes men just can't grasp what we're going through and have zero idea how nice it is to just simply get help without asking for it. As Abi said, sometimes you just have to voice that nicely and things clear up. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better though!

Abifasc
August 13th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Ok great. I really want to try it! Are you sure it's safe for pregnancy? My husband is worried about that. I'm so excited there could be help for it though!

angielorna
August 13th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I had my nt scan today. Some relief and some (probably irrational) anxiety from it. Baby has a strong heartbeat and the nt measurement was only 1.6mm which was super relieving for me. The ultrasound tech pointed out the arms, the legs, the forehead, the nose, the hands, etc. we were not detained after the ultrasound, which I took to be a good sign!

Here's the but..... And I know it's crazy talk.... But in the pics she gave me, I can't see the baby's nose, which makes me worry there is no nasal bone. They would have kept us after if it hadn't been detected, right? My Dr will be on holidays when the results come back so I'm not getting results for 2 weeks from now. And would she point out the nose of there was no nasal bone?

I kinda feel like I'm trying to find something to prevent me from enjoying my pregnancy or something. Sigh.

Oh, and the first shot of the nub I saw looked like it was on the rise and stacked, but the next time I saw it, it looked long and flat and no rise at all. So no gender clues.

Angie

Abifasc
August 13th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Maybe it was just the angle? I think some views look "noseless" depending on how the baby is looking. I'm sure they would have said something!

lala22
August 13th, 2014, 11:13 PM
I agree- I think that's an obvious thing that any tech would see right away. Abi- it's really just magnesium and it's totally safe during pregnancy:-)

hotdogz&boyz
August 13th, 2014, 11:24 PM
I'm quite sure they would have mentioned if there was an issue. It does depend on how they take the pics. I've gotten some really odd sono pics, so it doesn't mean anything as far as the actual parts. It sounds like baby is perfect! Congrats.

LilithWiser1979
August 14th, 2014, 01:11 AM
In all three of my NT scans there was a nasal bone present but I didn't see it, and the tech didn't volunteer that she saw it. Every single time I had to ask, and it was confirmed for me. Maybe ask about it at your next appointment? I know that it has to be noted whether or not it was present in your ultrasound report that goes to your OB.

lala22
August 14th, 2014, 01:49 AM
I have to say my last sono had the weirdest scariest looking eye part- it looked like there was something wrong. Nothing however was the slightest bit out of the ordinary- just a weird photo.

kitkat18
August 14th, 2014, 02:38 AM
Yah!!! For a happy and healthy baby Angie must be so reassuring!
Ditto what ladies said, the tech would have told you if anything was wrong for sure but always good to get re-assurance! Xx

kitkat18
August 14th, 2014, 02:39 AM
By checking with your doc I should add x

Marika
August 14th, 2014, 02:43 AM
Crazycat - sorry you have been feeling so ill! I also think baby will be just fine, sounds you did all right to keep your temps down.

Angie - Glad all looked good at the scan! I had to look at my pics after your post and actually there is no nose visible there either. But I am sure they check that and would note if something was looking odd.

oncue
August 14th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Hey crazycat, glad ur feeling better and I agree that what u did to lower ur temp was better than waiting it out in an ER. I had bad fever, got electrocuted by our washing machine and slipped in a car park when I was pg with DD1, she is perfect so I am certain ur bub is doing just fine. I think DHs have a hard time dealing with our emotions esp when we are pregnant. Both our DDs were really sick a few weeks back and I was exhausted and emotional and once I just had a big cry in the shower to get it out of my system. DH saw me crying and laughed his head off at me which didn't help. I can see how it wld be funny now, but at the time I cracked it! If he ever gets on my nerves, I just remind him that I'm the one building tiny organs inside of me and that he should try having the equivalent of a hangover for 7 consecutive weeks (all day sickness), it usually puts it back into perspective for him.
Angie, Try not to worry at all, I think if the tech saw anything unusual they wld have told you at your appointment, it sounds like they were happy with how everything looked at the scan. I'm sure ur little bub is perfect xo

angielorna
August 14th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Thanks everyone. I know it's irrational. Im pretty sure they would have stuck us in a room to have a talk after the ultrasound (that's what they did when my baby's nt measured far too thick). I just wish I'd be getting the results quicker to put my mind at ease.

Angie

Rosie85
August 14th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I am so excited. The doctors were wrong! My pathology came back as a normal missed miscarriage and not molar. Such a relief! No watching for cancer and no having to wait 6 plus months to conceive. I'm gonna give it one cycle I think and then try but boy am I nervous. So scared I'm going to miscarry again. What are the odds of 3 times in a row??

angielorna
August 14th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Omg! Rosie! I'm so happy they were wrong!!! How do you misdiagnose someone so badly and put them through so much pain. I had 2 then my ds1. Good luck to you, Rosie!
Angie

odd
August 14th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Fantastic news rosie. Congrats..you must be relieved to know it was not as serious.

hotdogz&boyz
August 14th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Oh my goodness Rosie!!! That is fabulous news!!

When I had my missed miscarriage back in 2010 they tested me for molar too, something about the fact that the sac continues to grow and the tissue is growing despite not being healthy makes it difficult to tell the difference between a molar and a missed miscarriage.

But I am so happy for you that it was not a molar pregnancy and that you can try again much sooner and hopefully with lots of success. What a roller coaster for you! I hope you are healing emotionally and can move forward with hope and peace. Keep us posted!

Mrs_Incredible
August 14th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Fab news Rosie, you must be so relieved. Hugs xx

Abifasc
August 14th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Oh wow Rosie that's such a relief! So sorry you miscarried but what a better diagnosis!!

kitkat18
August 14th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Rosie beyond happy for you honey !! X

coocoobananas
August 14th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Yah yah yah! Rosie! Excited to see you excited again! Can't wait to check in on your progress!!

Rosie85
August 14th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Thanks ladies. I'm sad about the baby but so happy I am healthy and can try again scared as I am! Hopefully my cycle will return soon and I can get in an attempt in september. I won't be swaying though. I'm just gonna take what the universe wants me to have.

kitkat18
August 14th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Good luck Rosie! Please come and chat with us and once again so relieved you can try again and don't have to worry about cancer. You have been through alot! I'm sure there is a happy and healthy baby in the near future for you xxx

oncue
August 14th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Oh Rosie, what good news! So glad that u can start TTC sooner. I'm sorry they missed that it was a miscarriage and you had to go through all that stress and worry! Really hoping u get a BFP soon and that it's a healthy pink bean xo

lala22
August 14th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Rosie! I never thought I'd be saying I was glad somebody had a normal miscarriage but in your case I am! Please keep us posted!!

Paranoid pregnancy question- we're moving and I've been doing some painting (low fume and VOC) and mostly outside with a mask- there's hardly any smell and it hasn't bothered me at all. But I went to stain and add a clear coat and holy crap it was stinky so I had my hubby and friend help. Problem is the fumes still lingered outside where I was as well as crept inside. I know my nose is uber sensitive but am now of course worrying about how many fumes I've been breathing in (baby has been breathing in). Anybody else paint or just feel more sensitive to smells like that?

Marika
August 15th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Wow Rosie - that is great news! It's of course still a really sad loss, but I am very happy you can try again and not worry for problems around the molar. I hope to see you in these threads soon again! :cheerteam:

Marika
August 15th, 2014, 12:48 AM
lala - I don't hink you are paranoid at all, but unfortunately I don't have any good answer for you. If it is smell lingering after painting I'd guess it is less "direct" than during painting, and then you were wearing a mask right? Maybe ask the supplier, if there are any ways of contacting them?

kitkat18
August 15th, 2014, 05:15 AM
My midwife said it was fine to paint wearing a mask, I painted half my house pregnant! Stain is pretty stinky but I would not worry you probably didn't breathe in too much and you did the right thing calling in for help x

Sunflower3
August 15th, 2014, 06:16 AM
Great news Rosie. It must have been such a relief to know it wasn't a molar.
I'm so sorry about the miscarriage though but please you are healthy and can TTC again! xxx

daisymoo
August 15th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Oh wow Rosie What fantastic news! I was away on vacation with my boys in London and wasn't really able to reply to this thread for a while This is the best news! I wish you all the very best for your next attempt and I really hope you will have a healthy baby in a few months You really deserve it x

Rosie85
August 15th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Thanks again ladies. Well I'm dipping back out for a bit as I really don't want to sway and being here will tempt me. I wish you all the best in the coming weeks! I hope to come back and hear how you are all getting your dream genders for those who don't know yet. I hope to be back in september for a June due date! Much love to you all! Thank you so much for all of the support I have really truly felt so warm, uplifted and loved here.

Mrs_Incredible
August 15th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Take it easy hon, wishing you a speedy sticky bfp. Hugs xx

angielorna
August 16th, 2014, 03:00 PM
okay, so I told myself I wasn't going to post my ultrasound pics in the gender guessing area of the site. I lied to myself, apparently.
If anyone has a minute and would like to take a guess at what may be a nub in my ultrasound picture (oh, and/or tell me if they see a nasal bone), that would be very much appreciated :)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultrasound-gender-prediction/44451-anyone-willing-take-guess.html#post618426

Thanks in advance!
Angie

hotdogz&boyz
August 16th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I guessed. But I'm not terribly confident in it. Your scan is a bit dark down in that area. I could see it going either way, especially when you thought you saw a girly nub at another time. I could see the pic you posted being a forked nub that is caught at a weird angle.

And I see a nose in the second pic :) Baby looks great!

essnce629
August 17th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Oh my, so glad I popped in over here to see Rosie's good news!!!!! If you see this Rosie, just wanted to say I'm so glad it didn't end up being a molar pregnancy and that you don't have to wait 6+ months and do chemo! What a huge relief! I've been thinking about you.

And Angie-- I really think you still have a good chance of hearing girl. I looked back over your sway and it was great and with going vegetarian especially I think you have a great chance. I think the pics are too dark and it's too hard to see a nub. I'd stay positive if I was you! Fingers crossed!

daisymoo
August 17th, 2014, 05:22 AM
I agree with hotdogz Scan is a bit dark to guess correctly and I bet your little has a perfect nasal bone All babies look really weird in scans I think Ut can be hard to make out what's going on most of the time I think! I'm sure your little one is just perfect x
I tried to log in a few times on holidays but never had time to reply Hope all you guys are feeling good these days and are enjoying your pregnancies! I have a gender scan in two days It was supposed to be next week but got an appt earlier Won't sleep for the next two days!!!

oncue
August 17th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Angie I can see a nasal bone in the second pic, I can't make out the nub though so won't attempt a guess x
Daisy soooo excited for ur scan!! Can't wait to hear ur update xox

sweetdream
August 17th, 2014, 09:23 AM
I see a beautifull nose Angie!
Pic is dark but first thought was boy! Hope I'm wrong though.

Rosie what a great news!!
My friend with molar had a couple of chemo's before they found it Actualy wasn't a molar.... She had a baby girl one year later.

kitkat18
August 17th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Daisy moo can't wait to hear!! I will be stalking this thread, I would be feeling pretty confident with all those girly guesses xxxx

Marika
August 17th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Angie, beautiful baby but unfortunately I can't see any gender clues. Glad so many could confirm the nose :-)

Daisymoo - wow, how exciting with gender scan so soon! I wish I had mine sooner, it's four more loooooong weeks til next scan.

daisymoo
August 17th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks Oncue Can't wait myself I'll let ye know the minute I find out!
Kitkat I'm so expecting a little willy to appear on the screen ha! Can't get my head around ever having a girl! I'll be fine if they tell me boy though I reckon I'm a true boy mom!
Marika I remember saying my scan was 4 weeks away but the time flies by You'll be having yours before you know it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boysway
August 17th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Rosie, I'm with others. Sad for your mc but very happy to hear it wasn't a molar pregnancy. I am hoping to finally TTC next month as well. I hope to see you around.

It's so exciting reading about all the u/s. Good luck for healthy bubs and DG's :D

LilithWiser1979
August 17th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Sorry Angie, I can't see any gender clues. It's a bit dark and faded out around the nub area. Are you going for maternal blood testing for DNA?

Daisymoo, I'm with you. It was so WIERD not seeing a willy on the screen for the last scan. I was looking for one and kept making one out of the cord in my head. Everything feels like a lie, like I'm having another boy, like I was always going to be a boy mom. It's getting more and more real with every confirmation, but it still feels like a bit dream-like.

Rosie, I could not be happier for you that it's not a molar, and that you feel secure in simply getting pregnant and taking what gender life hands you. I wish I was so brave. All the baby dust in the world to you! You deserve it :)

angielorna
August 17th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Thanks everyone for their guesses and (especially) relieved that some could say they identified the nasal bone. Though I really would LOVE a girl more than I can say, I will be happy to have 3 amazing sons as well. I'm preparing to hear boy (whenever I find out) and will be pleasantly surprised if I hear girl. I would have applied to have the blood test paid for if there were any soft chromosomal markers in the ultrasound (you can apply in Canada to have MOLTC cover it under certain circumstances). But since everything thus far seems good, I will either find out at the anatomy scan or birth about the gender and try to have faith that all will continue to go well (health wise). Still haven't made a firm commitment about when I will find out the gender. Throwing around the idea of a gender party if we decide to find out before birth. I'm a little go with the flow-y right now and we'll see when we'll see :)

It's hard to believe that those due in Feb will be finding out genders soon (for those who want to)!!! Time really does sneak up on you. in about 6 months, give or take, we will be holding our newest LO's (and much sooner for those due in Dec/Jan!!!!). So exciting!!!!

Angie

daisymoo
August 18th, 2014, 06:20 AM
Hey Boysway how are you? Delighted to hear that you'll be ttc next month I really hope you get your little man You deserve it Best of luck x
Lilithwiser Have you shopped til you dropped all things pink? That's exactly what I'd be doing if I was you!
Angie delighted your baby is looking so perfect and healthy Fair play to you if you can hold off finding out until birth I wish I had that willpower!

LilithWiser1979
August 18th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Haha, I have a strange relationship with shopping. I DO enjoy shopping, but I'm really cheap and a bargain hunter. I'm also trying out some minimalism in my house, which means getting rid of excess stuff in your house and not overbuying. I'm joyfully getting rid of all the baby boy clothes (except for the few things I cannot part with that will go into a shadowbox with other baby scrapbooking stuff) and other non- gender neutral stuff they've outgrown, but, as a woman who really isn't very girly herself, it's more about having the freedom to make dresses out of Star Wars print and pirate print pinafores. I LOVE sewing and knitting, and I really want to make her a Princess Leia (the only princess I've ever idolized, BTW) cap out of yarn for her baby photo shoot. I'm also making her an ivy crown and a holly crown, and gathering purple fabric for her quilt.

I think I suck at this "buying baby girl stuff" thing. I am much more into purple and other colors than pink, and I'm getting excited about free hand-me-downs from the mamas I know with older baby girls :)

Boysway
August 18th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Thank you Daisymoo. I'm feeling hopeful :D

daisymoo
August 18th, 2014, 03:52 PM
A Princess Leia cap I love it!!!!

odd
August 18th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Omg lilith..that sounds tooo cute mmu must share pics when u r done making the little outfits. Do tou have etsy shop or something? ? Would love to check out ur work and maybe get something

oncue
August 18th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Lilith what great ideas for dresses! I love sewing too, it's fun when they get old enough to choose what they want too. Yesterday I made some skirts for my DDs and DD1 (3yo) who is ultra girly chose a ballerina print fabric and DD2 (19mo) chose a camper van print fabric hahaha they are both so different! Wish I Cld knit too x

crazycatcouple
August 19th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Okay, so we just had our first scan for the NT testing :-) I'm about to write a whole lot, so sorry in advance for the long post, lol. First things first, baby was healthy and everything seemed to be good, measurement-wise for the NT part of it, so that's of course the best and most important news :-)

When we sat down with the tech, I told her that I understand this is for the NT testing and that that's the most important thing, but that if she could get a nub shot, I;d really appreciate it. Her response was "I won't". Really? I asked her why not and she said because she doesn't like to guess unless she's 100% positive and that it's too early to be sure. I told her that I can understand that, but that I DO like to guess. I mean, I wasn't asking her for her damn opinion. I just wanted a pic of it so that I could have fun guessing! So yeah, the whole apt started off pretty rough. She tried to make it up to me after that by asking questions and being sweet as pie, but I was still a bit irritated at her, and irritated that I was irritated at the first viewing of my little one!

Anyhoo, as she was getting her measurements, my spirits lifted dramatically because I kept seeing the nub and it was definitely looking very clearly boy to me, but I didn't say anything and was just hoping she'd take a shot of it on accident. But either way I felt happy because it definitely looked boy. Then, as she was going through, she even commented on it and took a pic, saying, well, if that doesn't end up being boy, I'll be shocked because it's definitely looks that way. She then softened up a bit and started getting angles of the nub so we could look and I was agreeing with her. She even did a potty shot where we saw a turtle, but both of us agreed that shot wasn't as make or break, as girl parts can still look similar from that angle. BUt still, in the end she was practically telling me that we definitely have a boy! Hubby and I are just so excited right now!!

We obviously won't celebrate just yet, but it has give me so much hope :-) During the ultrasound, the baby was actually measuring 12w6d today, even though I thought I was only 12w1d, so they decided to move my due date up. They said they normally don't when it's within a week, but because I knew my cycle so well and knew it was longer this time and that I ovulated a little later than normal, plus the fact that our daughter came naturally almost 3 weeks early, they decided to move it up. So now I am officially in this group with a 2/25/15 due date! We found a place that will do gender determination as early as 14 weeks. We're going to make an apt for 2 weeks from this Friday. We'll actually be 15w2d with this new calculation, but I really want it to be accurate, and the main deadline is the following Monday, as I'm going to Vegas for a work thing where I will likely get a lot of free baby stuff, so I wanted to be able to tell them if it's a boy or girl :-) I dunno.. I'm looking at the calendar now and am tempted to make the apt earlier. Even a week from this Friday we would be 14w2d... I will have to think about that as it's very tempting!!

So yeah... I'm feeling pretty good right now, lol. I will post a couple pics below with decent nub shots. Would love for you ladies to give me your thoughts! Will be posting on the other board as well. Seriously on cloud 9 right now!!

crazycatcouple
August 19th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Nub shots. Please let me know what you think!

angielorna
August 19th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Looks boyish to me!!!! How exciting :)
Angie

daisymoo
August 19th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Oh wow Crazycatcouple That is 100% boy!! I'm usually crap at guessing but it's so obvious in your pics! Huge congrats girlie!!!! You're getting your boy!
I had my gender scan this evening and guess what? It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm actually typing this I'm in a complete daze!! I'm still in shock I never thought I would get a little girl I haven't stopped smiling all evening My sway worked Yipppeeeee!!!! http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/19/0425612dfdf732b8a8233b72af2347b3.jpg

oncue
August 19th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Wow! What fab pics to wake up to!
Crazycat, woohoo! That looks totally boy to me! So excited! And so excited ur back in our due date club yay!!!
And daisy!!!!! Yay yay yay yay! That's soooo a little girl, I'm super stoked for you! Congrats ladies, that's just amazing xx

coocoobananas
August 19th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Totally looks like a boy Crazycat and Daisymoo already congratulated you:)

kitkat18
August 19th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Yipeeeeeeee !!! Daisy sooooo happy for you, I want you to buy the pinkest pink girliest thing you can find (only cause I know you love pink)!! xxxx

Marika
August 20th, 2014, 02:21 AM
Yaaaay!!!

What fantastic news to see first thing in the morning! So happy for you Daisy and Crazycat!!

kitkat18
August 20th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Super dooper nub news crazy cat xxx

daisymoo
August 20th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Thanks so much guys Yes Kitkat Love pink Can't wait to go shopping!

Sunflower3
August 20th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Congrats daisymoo and Crazycat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crazycatcouple
August 20th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Daisymoo, congratulations!! I know how you feel :-) It's crazy to think it actually worked!!! I am so happy you got your little girl!!! Definitely go out and SHOP!

And thank you everyone for the congrats :-) We just scheduled our gender scan for next Friday to confirm, but I am feeling pretty confident now, lol.

Yahmama
August 20th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Hey Ladies! It seems I'm always only popping in every few wks, so I apologize for all I've probably missed! Congrats to Daisymoo & CrazyCat!
We finally took our house off the market... I was sick of the stress & my blood pressure was still high & the kids are starting school next week, so we'll try again in the spring (with a little baby--agh!)
Anyway, my ultrasound was yesterday and I was planning team green all along with no curiosity, but my DH said he knew I was sad about the house and it would give me something to plan for to know, so we found out... And- eeek- it's a boy! It has taken my mind completely off our small house and how we'll fit 5 kids in here, and so DH was so right in telling me to find out. We're not going to tell anyone else, though, since they all knew we weren't finding out ;). I even only posted a head shot on fb saying we got to see our precious baby and no one even asked if we'd found out, so didn't even have to fib! Anyway, here he is. How everyone is doing well!

Abifasc
August 20th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Aw congrats on your son yahmama!

Mrs_Incredible
August 20th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Congratulations!! Xx

sweetdream
August 20th, 2014, 04:48 PM
How amazing Yamaha! 2 brothers so close in age is amazing! My youngest 2 are amazing together! Congrats! Something to look forward too.

daisymoo
August 20th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Huge congrats Yahmama That's fantastic news!!!! You must be over the moon!!!

LilithWiser1979
August 20th, 2014, 06:49 PM
I'm loving all the gender announcements. Congrats to Abifasc, daisymoo, Yahmama and crazycat! I totally respect the ladies who can stay team green, but I never could. I'm a planner and I need time to think about my new baby and how they'll be dressed and named :)

Speaking of names, anyone still in the name debate? DH told me he liked the name Elia (from our favorite, Game of Thrones,) and I KIND of like it, but want to hold out for something I like better. I'm also afraid of her getting the nickname Ella which I HATE (no offense to anyone who loves that name, I know it's popular right now.) I have to admit, the Ramona Quimby series stuck with me, and she had a toy named Ella Funt (obviously a stuffed elephant,) so I've kind of subconsciously equated that name with obesity.

oncue
August 21st, 2014, 06:55 AM
Yay yahmama! Congrats! He's a cutie x

crazycatcouple
August 21st, 2014, 09:40 AM
Congrats Yamaha!

Lilith, we are just getting started on the names! Although we had talked a bit about them before, I wasn't really wanting to pick a name and get too attached until after the first tri, so now that we're past that point and are fairly confident it's a boy, I'm getting down to business!

It's funny thought because when we picked out daughter's name, we picked it mostly just because we liked it, but then after researching it found that it also had an awesome meaning. It comes from the word Lire, which is a musical instrument similar to a guitar, and my hubby is a guitar player, so we were pretty stoked :-) Plus it's a constellation, which is pretty sweet. So for a boy, I thought it would be cool if we stuck with the musical theme, but am having a hard time finding boy names that are musical but not cliche and too "out there". I like Coda, also because it's musical and part of a ballet, which I grew up dancing, but hubby doesn't like the a on the end, as he says it's too feminine. His two favs are still the family name Tetlow and the name we got from Oncue, I believe, Declan :-) The only issue I might have with Declan is that I really don't want a rhyming name, and although it doesn't exactly, it's close - Declan Johnson. We shall see. I also found the name Dylan last night and sort of like that one, but haven't brought it up to hubby yet. It's not super uncommon, but not super common either and it means Man from the Sea, which hubby is a big fishing guy too and we love the water, so I thought that could be sweet too. We shall see. I'm honestly still just getting started, lol.

Anyone else on the fence about names and need some opinions?

sweetdream
August 21st, 2014, 09:46 AM
I'll give the name respond on the other thread.

crazycatcouple
August 21st, 2014, 01:07 PM
Hey ladies. One of the girls from the March/April due date forum created a FB group that's secret so no one can see anything you post or even that you're in it (except those who are also in it of course), if any of you ladies want to join. She has it as Feb-April due dates right now, but I'm sure no one would mind January due dates as well :-) Here's the ink if any of you want to request to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1521790811388053/

babyb5
August 21st, 2014, 08:21 PM
I had my 17 weeks ultrasound today. It confirmed "boy". I'm super happy. Thanks Atomic and Ladies for all your helps.

kitkat18
August 21st, 2014, 08:38 PM
Yippee babyb5 super news xxx

oncue
August 21st, 2014, 08:48 PM
Congrats babyb5!!! How wonderful! Xx

Yahmama
August 21st, 2014, 08:53 PM
Thanks all! Im excited to have 2 boys close in age- that's how I found this site to begin with bc I really wanted my DS to have a brother and we were so happy when #4 was finally another boy, but he is 6 years older, so this will be a new experience and the one I wanted for my oldest if that makes sense!
We're back in the name debate as neither of us like Quinn for a boy anymore even though I like that it is the root for the word fifth and it's our fifth baby, but DS thinks it's more of a girl's name and I think it could be misheard as Gwen, lol. So we're back on the hunt for a 1 syllable boys name to go with my others- Sean & Jack.

Yahmama
August 21st, 2014, 09:01 PM
Crazy cat- I love Coda! Would your DH go for a nickname of Cody? Or would that stick and kinda replace the real name... I always worry about nicknames too much! Think about them more than the actual name! But I love the musical meaning behind it! I've looked up musical names before bc I'm a pianist, and thought the name Brio was cute for a boy, but DH wants to stick to a 1 syllable name. Most musical names seem to fit girls.

oncue
August 21st, 2014, 09:04 PM
Crazycat, I love hearing names! We are still stuck too with what to decide for our boy. All the names we like end up in the top 50 popular names. Somedays I think that's ok, and other days I wish something more unique would just pop out at us! I actually think it's harder to name boys as we feel we can't be as creative as with girls names. Maybe that just sounds silly too! I still think tetlow and Declan are cool. Coda is different too, I think it sounds more for a boy than a girl but it also reminds me of yoda, and actually my phone auto corrected it to Cola! Hopefully we find more possible options!
I also think the new thread is a continuation of this thread as this one got too big, so I'll try respond in that one from now on xo

Yahmama
August 21st, 2014, 09:06 PM
Lilith- could you spell it different so it might not get changed to Ella? I've seen Aleah before- is that pronounced the same way?

Rosie85
August 21st, 2014, 09:50 PM
Crazycat you should totally do Declan...I have one. My ds2. We call him Dex. We love it.

crazycatcouple
August 22nd, 2014, 03:00 PM
Brio is cute too :-) Hubby's fav right now is Declan I think. I've always liked the nick name Dex! Maybe it was you Rosie who I stole the idea from then! I couldn't remember for sure, but I knew it was on here. I didn't realize there was another thread??? I'll go look for it! I knew this one seemed pretty quiet, lol.

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Hey everyone! Haven't been on here in ages!I have to catch up on everything and I know I'm still officially in the March group, but after today's news, it may be Feb! 😜
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/26/20292ed4c4d7935ea82221c2dbea9376.jpg

Boysway
August 26th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Omg, how awesome :) How are you feeling? Any indication of gender.

bluebonnet22
August 26th, 2014, 07:01 AM
OMG mum, so exciting! You get an even number just as you dreamed!

oncue
August 26th, 2014, 07:08 AM
OMG mum!!! Welcome to our group! How frickin exciting!!!! I hope they are two little pinkies in there! Wow that's two sets of twins right! So happy for u!!! Xoxo

Sunflower3
August 26th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Massive congrats mum!!! Any gender clues?

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Thanks everyone.

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Omg, how awesome :) How are you feeling? Any indication of gender.

I've been crappy, but not PG related. I've actually had the worst hayfever/sinus for the past month and it's really knocked me around. I'm so cross cause I actually never get hayfever when I'm pregnant!! It's actually a joke that that's why we have so many kids, as it's my way of escaping hayfever. Lol!

Other than that I've been a bit nauseous and had a few days of vomiting, but nothing too extreme. I was hoping it just meant it was a girl! Obviously now it meant more than that!

And nope, no gender clues. 😞 I've posted some pics in the ultrasound forum but it's still probably too early.

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 07:47 AM
OMG mum, so exciting! You get an even number just as you dreamed!

Lol!! Yeah I do. Be careful what you ask for. 😉

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 07:48 AM
OMG mum!!! Welcome to our group! How frickin exciting!!!! I hope they are two little pinkies in there! Wow that's two sets of twins right! So happy for u!!! Xoxo

Yep! Our other twins are identical so it was a shock to hear that it looks like these ones are fraternal.

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Massive congrats mum!!! Any gender clues?

No, not yet. 😞

crazycatcouple
August 26th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Wow, congrats! How exciting :-) Do twins run in your family at all? They say identical twins just happen randomly with no genetic link, but fraternal twins are usually genetic, as it's to do with you dropping extra eggs. Seriously so exciting! Oh, and just so you know, we've started a part 2 to this thread since it was getting so long :-)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-december-2014-jan-feb-2015/44477-due-dec14-jan-feb15-part-2-a-5.html

coocoobananas
August 26th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I was thinking I hadn't seen you post in a while mum!
Congrats, that's crazy!!! Weren't you wondering if it maybe was twins???
How exciting!!