PDA

View Full Version : question regarding time

eleena2014
April 14th, 2014, 09:26 AM
hi,we will be ttc from june onwards this year,and we were planning on doing the shettles method way but now coming to this site and reading the forums,im not sure.is there truth to any methods? would people advice shettles method or 0+12? also how does the )+12 method work as im not entireally sure.tia.xx

maidentomother
April 14th, 2014, 10:48 AM
We do not recommend those methods here. Shettles has been disproven and was never successful to begin with. O + 12 is nearly impossible to time correctly and has very low odds of conception, and is not guaranteed to result in a girl. Timing doesn't sway. We believe that how much you have sex in the 4 days leading up to and including O, along with diet & lifestyle factors (which are JUST as important), are what determine gender. Assuming you want a girl, the LE diet for at least 6 weeks prior to TTC and one attempt 1-2 days prior to O, plus at least 1 hour of cardio exercise at least 6 times a week, are the most successful tactics.

The Anchor
April 14th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Shettles was debunked. XX and XY sperm swim equally fast. There are not many sites that promote this anymore (barring those trying to sell the book).

If you want to sway Gender Dreaming style, you need to start reading. Start here:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/3305-complete-index.html

If you want to take some of the leg work out of it, maybe consider getting a personalized plan from Atomic. We've been getting great results. GL!

marriedmomof2
April 14th, 2014, 02:50 PM
There is no sure fire chance that you will get a girl. Swaying just helps tip the odds in your favor, if you are like others on here, and can watch O for months before that's great. Or like me, I will not be looking for O. So Atomic suggests bding every four days, you DON'T have to narrow it to 1-2 days before O. In the "at home workout" post about a month ago, Atomic her self said this
I think the 60 min. is more important than the 7 days a week, if you could manage 4 or 5 days instead that would still probably be ok. If it's only going to be 2-3 times a week I feel less confident in that amount.

atomic sagebrush
April 14th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I don't recommend either and you can read why here:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/35539-no-12-a.html

If you still want to do them after that just let me know and I will link ya to the how-to threads.

eleena2014
April 15th, 2014, 07:00 AM
right so just dtd starting from a few days before ovulation and on ovulation day? or just one attempt around ovulation?
i dont think we will be trying shettles method or 0+12

maidentomother
April 15th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Just one attempt!

eleena2014
April 15th, 2014, 07:56 AM
is that proven to be enough?

maidentomother
April 15th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Oh yes, it is definitely enough, especially if well timed (right after positive OPK).

SamS_TTCPink
April 15th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Defiantly enough! That's how I got my BFP (one attempt at positive OPK)
😊👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eleena2014
April 15th, 2014, 08:05 AM
sorry whats opk? lol sorry im new to this so not sure what all the abbreviations are.

SamS_TTCPink
April 15th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Ovulation Prediction Kit 😊

SamS_TTCPink
April 15th, 2014, 08:12 AM
I just got really cheap strips off eBay and you just use them like pregnancy tests.

SamS_TTCPink
April 15th, 2014, 08:12 AM
You can get them at chemists and supermarkets too though, just more expensive.

eleena2014
April 15th, 2014, 08:23 AM
ok i know where to get those,thanks.so its once when the opk says positive? im assuming the deed has to be done within 24 hours after opk?

SamS_TTCPink
April 15th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Yep. 😊

maidentomother
April 15th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Usually the best time to test with OPKs is in the afternoon (3pm works great for me), and then make sure to have sex that same day, or at the latest, the next morninh. But sooner is better bc you don't want to miss the egg.

Atomic has a whole book on how to use OPKs to sway that I definitely recommend you look into buying if you have lots of questions as using OPKs can be complicated, especially with how pink sways tend to throw off cycles and delay ovulation.

WantingPink
April 15th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Don't worry about not being able to get PG with just one time. I have three kids and 4 PG which prove one time one try works:)

Knowing when you ovulate is key. Most women don't really know when and how to predict it. I suggest you get LH tests or opk and start monitoring your cycles. This will help you feel confident about when you ovulate. Every 4 days is a safe way to catch the egg. If you want to do abstaining for a girl Atomic recommends it only for men under 35.

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2014, 02:31 PM
right so just dtd starting from a few days before ovulation and on ovulation day? or just one attempt around ovulation?
i dont think we will be trying shettles method or 0+12

Just one attempt, at or just after pos OPK. I would NOT wait 24 hours after pos OPK, your odds of conception decline dramatically the longer you wait.

eleena2014
April 22nd, 2014, 08:57 AM
hi again,i have purchased a opk and im not sure if its the correct one as on the instructions it says when it shows positive, ovulation will occur 24-48 hours after,is this predictor ok to use?

eleena2014
April 22nd, 2014, 10:47 AM
bump

maidentomother
April 22nd, 2014, 11:01 AM
Yup all the OPKs say that. And usually that is true, O happens 12-48 hours (on average, 24 hours) after your first positive OPK.

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2014, 08:02 PM
hi again,i have purchased a opk and im not sure if its the correct one as on the instructions it says when it shows positive, ovulation will occur 24-48 hours after,is this predictor ok to use?

yes

eleena2014
April 24th, 2014, 09:06 AM
hi again,i am going to be testing with a opk today im also checking ph levels. we are doing one attempt at positive opk starting in a couple of months,so i need to know when i should be checking my ph levels.should it be at positive opk or on my actual ovulation day? Im just so confused. :worry:

eleena2014
April 24th, 2014, 10:46 AM
bump

eleena2014
April 24th, 2014, 12:51 PM
bump

WantingPink
April 24th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I don't think that Atomic recommends pH testing. I don't think it has shown to be a significant sway factor. From what I understand you need your pH to be in range from time you DTD until O. I never pH tested myself of DH so I have no idea what is a good pH for a girl.

maidentomother
April 24th, 2014, 01:40 PM
I would check pH once daily starting when you get a positive OPK until you get your cross hairs on FF, 3DPO. That is when I see noticeable changes in my pH. However, I only tested the month before I started TTC and I agree it's best to avoid such obsessive behaviour once you're full on swaying.

atomic sagebrush
April 24th, 2014, 08:23 PM
hi again,i am going to be testing with a opk today im also checking ph levels. we are doing one attempt at positive opk starting in a couple of months,so i need to know when i should be checking my ph levels.should it be at positive opk or on my actual ovulation day? Im just so confused. :worry:

I have kinda moved away from testing pH because we have seen so many pH opposites and biologially it just can't work in the way that the old school sway people claimed that it did. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html

If you feel the need to check pH I have a how to essay here:http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/2065-how-check-ph-dh-dw.html

carmella_marie
April 24th, 2014, 08:52 PM
My DS is a 4 day cut off!

eleena2014
April 25th, 2014, 08:43 AM
ok thankyou

atomic sagebrush
April 25th, 2014, 09:11 AM
My DS is a 4 day cut off!

I have 3 of 4 boys from cutoffs (the other was a sneak attack and I don't know when I got him) and the first 2 had to be 4 days at least. We were young and superhuman then.

My daughter was late at night the day before O. Perfect Shettles boy timing.