PDA

View Full Version : Why is this so hard?

Mrsandmama
April 15th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I have my elective gender scan on Thursday and I have been stressing non stop over it. I'm even debating if I want to go or not. DH thinks I'm going mad and I'm acting very moody around him and my DS's. I have hope for hearing girl, but my gut is saying it's a boy. My 6 week scan showed baby was on my left side- so according to Ramzi, it's a girl. My 11 week 5 day scan of the nub showed a promising girl nub, but I know it was just too early to make an accurate guess.

Is it weird that I am mentally preparing myself to hear boy or should I prepare myself to hear girl? Or neither? Should I go in as neutral as possible? I know if I hear boy I'll cry and I know I'll get over it eventually. This part is the hardest part of pregnancy I swear! Honestly, in the end, I just want a healthy baby, boy or girl. Thanks for letting me vent!

Mulberry Smurf
April 15th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Sorry no advice but hope you hear girl good luck xx

angielorna
April 15th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Awww, I hope you hear what you want to hear. For myself, when (if) I get a BFP, I'm going to prepare to hear boy. And bonus for me if it's a girl. Baby is what s/he is. Good luck deciding if you want to go through with the scan. On the plus side, if you go, you will know (with any luck) and then you can stop stressing and focus on healthy baby.

Angie

Mrsandmama
April 15th, 2014, 11:10 AM
That's true. I'm tired of stressing over it. I think it would just be better to know and move on. I can't imagine waiting a whole 9 months to find out. If I could find out at conception I would!

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2014, 11:35 AM
I think you should go in preparing to hear boy. I don't trust Ramzi and a nub at 11 5 doesn't tell us anything. That way you won't be devastated if it's a boy. Trust me, you will def. be ready to hear girl! :)

granddaughter
April 15th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Hoping you hear girl

angielorna
April 15th, 2014, 01:17 PM
That's true. I'm tired of stressing over it. I think it would just be better to know and move on. I can't imagine waiting a whole 9 months to find out. If I could find out at conception I would!

me too!

coocoobananas
April 15th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I agree with Atomic 100%!

WantingPink
April 15th, 2014, 02:43 PM
I completely agree with Atomic. I also think that hearing the gender before your 20 week uls is a really good idea. I did this with #3. I didn't want to be dealing with GD during my 20 week uls. How horrible is it to be crying in your 20 week uls when you have a healthy baby but you didn't hear girl? I know this would have happened to me and I was really glad I found out before hand. I think anyone who is going to have bad GD should go for an early scan as long as the place is 100% reliable.

atomic sagebrush
April 16th, 2014, 02:40 PM
No place is 100% reliable. Even at 20 weeks there are mistakes made.

Mrsandmama
April 16th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Well, I've decided I'm going to do it. By tomorrow afternoon, we "might" know the gender. I know it's still early and even if they say "boy," it might not be 100% accurate but at least I'll have another potty shot to obsess over for the next few weeks!! I will def update everyone. You all will probably know before my family :)

flowerlily
April 16th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Good luck tomorrow!!:)
Hope you hear girl!!
Will eagerly be awaiting for update!!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

WantingPink
April 16th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Good luck Mrs!! Can't wait to hear and see a picture!!

SamS_TTCPink
April 16th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Goodluck with the scan! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrsandmama
April 17th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Update: it's a GIRL!!!!!!!

flowerlily
April 17th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Yaaay!! Congrats!!:)
You must be over the moon!!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

WantingPink
April 17th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Yay Mrsandmama!! You must be so happy and glad that you had the uls. Post some pictures!!

bunnywabbit
April 17th, 2014, 01:43 PM
That's fantastic news! Congrats! x

coocoobananas
April 17th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Shut up!!!! Yahhhhh! It's so nice when you find your worries are for nothing:) congratulations!!!

granddaughter
April 17th, 2014, 02:07 PM
That is soooo cool

maidentomother
April 17th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Oh how wonderful!

Mrsandmama
April 17th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Pictures to come shortly. I'm still in shock. Omg I can't believe it. The tech was so certain and he said there is no way this thing is growing a penis!!! Haha!!

SamS_TTCPink
April 17th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Yay!!!! What exciting news! I'm so happy for you. 😀🎉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrsandmama
April 17th, 2014, 03:17 PM

nikcib
April 23rd, 2014, 11:09 AM
Congrats!!! I have two boys and found out I'm carrying a girl for my 3rd. Due 10/4! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! I found out via harmony and am anxiously awaiting confirmation in May.