PDA

View Full Version : I'm being "ad bombed"! YUCK!

Trike3
April 19th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Every time I load a new page on Gender Dreaming on my iphone, it automatically opens up the App Store and tries to get me to install Candy Crush! What gives? This is seriously annoying and frustrating. The GD site didn't used to do this. Has something changed?
:hair:

HopeandDreamG
April 19th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Omg. Me too. I thought it was my phone. I can't even go in genderdreaming on my iphone!!!!!!!!!

HopeandDreamG
April 19th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Not candy crush every other game possible.

nuthinbutpink
April 19th, 2014, 07:53 AM
I have seen it once this morning and was able to capture the link it first directs to. I cannot get it to repeat on my phone or mac right now.

I have submitted a request to my monitoring company for help removing it and to the admin.

It is likely something in a user's signature that we will have to hunt down. Working on it!

nuthinbutpink
April 19th, 2014, 07:55 AM
I highly suggest you install Tapatalk for using the forum on your phone though!

It works much better than the desktop version on your phone.It's made for viewing forums on a mobile device or ipad.

HopeandDreamG
April 19th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Tapatalk is great but sometimes I like to see the regular layout.

NBP- now that you mention something in the signature- I think it started happening after I added a ticker!

nuthinbutpink
April 19th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Right. Sometimes the bump, etc those tickets can make this happen to users that have it on their profile. It's pulled from their website and not GD.

I have not seen it again but we are still looking into it.

flowerlily
April 19th, 2014, 09:58 AM
You are telling me there is actually a GD app on it's own?
Gotta get it!
ETA: Can't find it on play store, I'm on my tablet.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
April 19th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Tapatalk is a forum app. It works on any forum and is designed to make navigating, replying, etc easy from a mobile device.

nuthinbutpink
April 19th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com)

flowerlily
April 19th, 2014, 10:24 AM
I'm already using Tapatalk NBP, thanks.

coocoobananas
April 19th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I didn't like tapatalk... But I think 'i don't get' the layout?! I should probably give it another try since it prompts me every.single.time I log in lol!

flowerlily
April 19th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I love Tapatalk, but I thought there was an only GD app...ykwim?
Now, that would be so cool!:rolleyes: even if we have to pay for it. :D

HopeandDreamG
April 19th, 2014, 02:35 PM
NBP the other thing that is happening is every time I go on GD from the iphone I have to sign in- username and password. Where before I was always able to come right back. Don't know if that's related

nuthinbutpink
April 19th, 2014, 03:06 PM
NBP the other thing that is happening is every time I go on GD from the iphone I have to sign in- username and password. Where before I was always able to come right back. Don't know if that's related

I'm usually on my iPhone. I am not seeing any issues now.

Make sure the box is checked to remember you and if anyone sees the App Store pop up, please report what you clicked on!!

We cleaned up some randomness today but found nothing major.

The site is monitored 24x7 by a service for any malicious activity btw.

WillowsGirl
April 19th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Very weird but I found that when I tried to click on the link to 'add your girl sway' In tapatalk it redirected to the HT forum. So I tried it in safari and it redirected me to a game in the App Store (same link to add a girl sway).

nuthinbutpink
April 19th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Very weird but I found that when I tried to click on the link to 'add your girl sway' In tapatalk it redirected to the HT forum. So I tried it in safari and it redirected me to a game in the App Store (same link to add a girl sway).

Just now or this morning?

HopeandDreamG
April 19th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I'm usually on my iPhone. I am not seeing any issues now.

Make sure the box is checked to remember you and if anyone sees the App Store pop up, please report what you clicked on!!

We cleaned up some randomness today but found nothing major.

The site is monitored 24x7 by a service for any malicious activity btw.

It is checked but I keep having to resign in. Good to know we are monitored bc it made me concerned about the password. I should change it anyway. How is that done?

HopeandDreamG
April 19th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Also I don't even need to click on something when GD switches to the App Store. I could just be reading a thread. Second after I log in AGAIN the App Store pops up. You think I should erase my ticker and see if it keeps happening? Really seems like it started after I added it.

nuthinbutpink
April 19th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I really am not sure because I cannot recreate the error. If you can capture the link that pops up before you are taken to the app store, that may help.

Try deleting the ticker if you think that is when your issue started.

Are you on an iphone?