PDA

View Full Version : I want a GIRL!!! AND I'M READY TO CRY FROM SWAYING!!!! OVERWHELMED

MamaLuv
April 22nd, 2014, 10:40 AM
Mama to 3 boys and DESPERATELY want a baby GIRL!!!!!!!

I'm a mom of 3 gorgeous boys but my heart just yearns for a baby girl!!!!:babyf::pray: I'm currently swaying...and just learned that according to GD I'm doing everything all wrong! I've been on the In-Gender dairy, girl sway diet! I've been on this diet for 4 weeks now. We plan to make our attempt in just 2 1/2 weeks and I'm NERVOUS!!!!! I have no idea what to do on ovulation day or the few days leading up to it once I start my final period. My routine can be found below. Any feedback or advice is welcomed. I feel so discouraged because I am not sure If I'm even doing things right. I was going to do O+12 but just learned on here that one attempt after + OPK is what's recommended (Right?)...

This was my routine (from In-Gender....)

1. I take calcium, magnesium, folic acid (just started) and cranberry supps daily. My DH does not take them.
2. I've been on the diet for about 4 weeks now. I eat dairy (I mostly follow a girl cookbook I found online although I have deviated at times. I eat a greek yogurt, dried cranberries, chicken, fish, whole wheat, crystal light. I drink organic milk everyday. I cut out red meat, potatoes, salt and salty foods, chocolate, and most veggies that are not acidic. I also skip breakfast every day.
3. I wear a negative ion bracelet everyday
4. I cut out exercising as much as I used to.
5. I just put a fan on my desk at work for the negative ion purposes from my laptop.
6. I bought PH strips and they're hard for determining my pH but it appears to be around a 5 right now. My husbands was a 9!! :-(
7. I planned to take sudafed (which I just learned on here causes strokes in young women so that's out) or some other antihistamine before doing the deed and using RePhresh the 12 days before (4 applicators in a box). I will be adding aci-jel but don't know how or when to start it. :-(
8. The bad- I altered my diet significantly. I eat small snacks a day or no lunch or breakfast and just a light snack. I eat dinner which was mostly chicken or fish (but learned it was bad). I eat yogurt still. Lastly, I ate 3 slices of birthday cake during the coarse of my diet change these past 4 weeks.

ANY ADVICE, ENCOURAGEMENT, OR HELP I CAN GET I'LL TAKE! ESPECIALLY PERTAINING TO THE DAYS LEADING UP TO OVULATION DAY AND THE ACTUAL DEED DAY. ALSO IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHAT TO EAT EXACTLY WITH THE LE DIET I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. (LITERALLY AN IDIOT'S GUIDE TO LE DIET) HELP...I'M SO OVERWHELMED :sad:

Abifasc
April 22nd, 2014, 11:11 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. Don't panic, no matter what you always have a 50/50 chance of a girl even without swaying at all. People are getting girls on ingender's diet, but they are a little "old-fashioned" and atomic here has done significantly more research more recently after having a failed IG sway.

I would drop the cranberry sups- and cranberry of any kind really. They are full of nutrients and you basically want to cut down on nutrients. I would also switch whole wheat foods for white flour foods. Basically feel free to up your white carbs to get cals.

This is Abi's (my) take on LE: you can eat anything, in small portions. I went the crash diet route and ate like crap when I eat healthy normally, I avoided meat at all, but cheated occasionally with grilled chicken or shrimp (shellfish is a "good" cheat). I ate two meals a day and no snacks. I didn't eat dairy- I don't really like dairy, and am lactose intolerant so this wasn't hard.you can eat dairy, just not more than normal- and try to avoid full fat dairy. Stay between 1500-1800 cals daily. For fast food like mcdonalds, I ate a side salad and some fries. At home I ate a lot of little Debbie cakes, mushrooms, salad etc. birthday cake is not a cheat. you want to loose weight and have your blood sugar drop regularly convincing your body that times are tough.

Don't worry about ph. Sperm (not just xx sperm) NEED ph to survive. Stop checking it - plus checking your cervix, cervical mucus, and ph may raise testosterone so I just never checked it at all.

Ok here's my "attempt" route that we chose:
-we Dtd 4 days before attempt with a condom.
-on the day of +opk, dh took a hot shower then we Dtd one time (finished in missionary but position doesn't really matter), used SYLK lube, then afterwards I laid there (hips flat not elevated) For 5 minutes then I got up and "jumped and dumped" and then took a nap on my left side.
-I'm 3dpo and we haven't Dtd again because I want to make sure I'm not fertile anymore.

I don't know if I'm pregnant yet, obviously, and this was our first month ttc. I'm sorry if that was tmi...just sharing in order to help :)

My main encouragement for you would be to relax relax relax...if you need to take a day to totally get off the diet and do your normal boy friendly things, then do that if you feel better. If you're too stressed you won't be able to get pregnant at all anyways. Read all the info in "swaying for a girl" category....there's a ton of info there. I hope this helps a little.

MamaLuv
April 22nd, 2014, 11:48 AM
Thank you Abi! So all veggies are safe to eat? Which ones are no no's?...Which foods in general should i avoid? So far it appears what I've done is okay. I just need to cut the dairy out and the meat. Should I cut the calcium pills too?

Abifasc
April 22nd, 2014, 12:30 PM
Yes you're fine! No need to panic! All veggies are safe! Iceberg lettuce and mushrooms, sprouts, red peppers are best because they're low in nutrients- don't count those cals (they're free foods). I would cut calcium pills out (I'm only taking Metamucil fiber and folic acid). Just try to think that you want to eat low nutrients, so things like avacados and oranges that are full of wonderful healthy things you might want to limit. Foods to avoid in general are mostly meat. You should also cut out snacking and just have two biggish meals a day (big for me at least).

Don't feel bad, I also came from IG and was just as confused as you. I did the crash and burn diet where I've been eating a lot of empty cals to make my blood sugar drop because that was easy. I've lost weight, which was the goal, so I'm happy.

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2014, 07:08 PM
Ok first of all, deep breath! The IG diet can sway because it's so darn restrictive - it will be ok and we can get it all ironed out between us.

What I would have you guys do is do a pretty strict attempt this month and expect to get BFN. I'd use a lot of jelly and a j and D right after sex. That way you're in with a shot, and if you do get pg, you can feel good that you had a stricter than average sway.

Tell me more about your exercise habits - we have gotten outstanding results with cardio exercise so I'd hate to see you give that up!

Short version of LE Diet is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2014, 07:15 PM
Thank you Abi! So all veggies are safe to eat? Which ones are no no's?...Which foods in general should i avoid? So far it appears what I've done is okay. I just need to cut the dairy out and the meat. Should I cut the calcium pills too?

There are no foods you can't eat. That's not the way the LE Diet works. We limit our diets as a whole and don't do the whole "magic foods" thing (because let's face it, does it even make any sense that would be true?)

In the Dream Members section there is a whole thread where I have given foods grades from A-D for pink and A-F for blue (there are no F foods for pink) and many people have found that helpful.

Re calcium, it's up to you. A lot of us got boys taking the high dose calcium and so it is easy for us to leave it out (and many of us got girls when we did, myself included). But I do understand that it's a big step to take especially at first. I have a series of essays discussing the evidence against the calcium for swaying and you can read them here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html

Kayla*pink
April 22nd, 2014, 08:24 PM
I also came from in gender, and it is very confusing! This site has been extremely helpful! Everyone is so quick to answer questions and concerns! Good luck i am in the same boat as you... I actually put off swaying in april so i could do some more research!

MamaLuv
April 23rd, 2014, 11:55 AM
There are no foods you can't eat. That's not the way the LE Diet works. We limit our diets as a whole and don't do the whole "magic foods" thing (because let's face it, does it even make any sense that would be true?)

In the Dream Members section there is a whole thread where I have given foods grades from A-D for pink and A-F for blue (there are no F foods for pink) and many people have found that helpful.

Re calcium, it's up to you. A lot of us got boys taking the high dose calcium and so it is easy for us to leave it out (and many of us got girls when we did, myself included). But I do understand that it's a big step to take especially at first. I have a series of essays discussing the evidence against the calcium for swaying and you can read them here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html

Thanks so much Atomic! You said use a lot of jelly and a J and D right after sex. What is a J and a D? Whatever it is I'll do it! Also, for the jelly I was going to use aci-jel. Is that ok?

I also had a question about the leading up to O process. I was going to order some ClearBlue OPK (20 count). The kind with only one smiley face and test twice a day. Then BD on when I get the smiley face. How soon do we need to BD after getting a smiley face?...I was also going to use RePhresh (haven't checked it with my pH but heard it works) every 3 days after AF and then 8 hours before BD and then use aci-jel 1 hour before BD. Then take an anithistamine 30 before BD. Along with hot bath for DH and I 30 minutes before. Is all of that correct or do I have it wrong?

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2014, 01:54 PM
J and D here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/1137-jump-dump-semen-emitting-technique.html

Acijel is fine both with or without the RepHresh. If you want to go for a stricter sway I would switch to the 5 day method of antihistamine (unless you are breastfeeding) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/518-using-antihistamines-help-ttc-girl.html

The Clearblues are ok as a confirmation but they are SOO expensive, I hate to see anyone wasting money on Clearblues for the 2x a day testing. I'd use cheapies til you get what you think is pos and then confirm with Clearblue if you are not sure.

Hot bath seems to be a good tactic!

MamaLuv
April 23rd, 2014, 03:25 PM
J and D here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/1137-jump-dump-semen-emitting-technique.html

Acijel is fine both with or without the RepHresh. If you want to go for a stricter sway I would switch to the 5 day method of antihistamine (unless you are breastfeeding) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/518-using-antihistamines-help-ttc-girl.html

The Clearblues are ok as a confirmation but they are SOO expensive, I hate to see anyone wasting money on Clearblues for the 2x a day testing. I'd use cheapies til you get what you think is pos and then confirm with Clearblue if you are not sure.

Hot bath seems to be a good tactic!

Thanks atomic. I got the aci jel but I just posted about being scared it won't arrive on time. The company's shipping policy is below. I didn't know its only sold overseas. :-( What do you think?

Rest of the World*

DHL or International Air - 10-15 working days - NON Trackable Service

Economy Courier - 6 -10 working days - Fully Trackable

Express Courier - 4-6 working days - Fully Trackable

*These timeframes start only once the order has left our premises, not from the day your order is placed on our website. This may be due to stock availability. Working days means days during the week, not including weekend days. Please note that Pharmacy Direct has no control over the delivery times once it has left our premises.

MamaLuv
April 24th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Also Atomic, What are your thoughts about supps? I was taking the calcium (In-Gender) but from what you suggested about Calcium swaying boy, I cut that out. Should I still cut out the magnesium and the cranberry supp too? I was thinking I need to take Metamucil and folic acid. Is that all?

Rosie85
April 24th, 2014, 10:56 AM
If atomic recommends you could take low dose aspirin instead of the cranberry.

marriedmomof2
April 24th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Mamaluv did you buy aci jel restore or aci jel balance?

MamaLuv
April 25th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Marriedmomof2 I bought balance. I have a general question. Atomic recommended I do D and J but is that a good idea if we're going to be doing FR? Won't that hurt my chances of getting pregnant even more since there will be less sperm anyway if I'm wiping some out?

atomic sagebrush
April 25th, 2014, 09:36 AM
If your acijel doesn't arrive on time you can use Replens or KY jelly instead.

atomic sagebrush
April 25th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Also Atomic, What are your thoughts about supps? I was taking the calcium (In-Gender) but from what you suggested about Calcium swaying boy, I cut that out. Should I still cut out the magnesium and the cranberry supp too? I was thinking I need to take Metamucil and folic acid. Is that all?

The only reason magnesium was ever included in sway supps was to make calcium "better absorbed". So if you're not doing the calcium, you don't need the magnesium.

I do not think cranberry is safe and it's also additional nutrients. Essay here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/7086-how-lower-ph-via-supps-cran-baby-aspirin-aspartame-other-techniques.html

atomic sagebrush
April 25th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Marriedmomof2 I bought balance. I have a general question. Atomic recommended I do D and J but is that a good idea if we're going to be doing FR? Won't that hurt my chances of getting pregnant even more since there will be less sperm anyway if I'm wiping some out?

Yes it will, but remember, we may not want you to get pregnant this month anyway so as to give you a bit more time to get your plan in place.

some people have been able to conceive doing everything. FR, one attempt, jellies, and immediate J and D. (look up Zanacal's sway) Most people haven't. By doing a super strict sway this month, you can rest assured you have done everything in your power to sway pink and if a swimmer gets thru all that then it was meant to be. And if it is BFN you will have a little more time to regroup and feel like you have your ducks in a row.

Last minute panic and a flurry of swaycession (swaying obsession) is prob. not conducive to TTC a girl anyway, so I think you are best off playing it conservative and strict this month, doing a tough sway, and then leaving in in God/the universe's hands...you will know that if you do get pg, that little one was supposed to be in your family!!

MamaLuv
April 25th, 2014, 09:56 AM
True indeed. I have been trying to relax. I've been caught up in doing everything right. Once I have a plan down I'll feel better. It's just so much information to take in that I'm always finding out new info that seems to be changing everything.

pinkiepie
May 27th, 2014, 05:53 AM
True indeed. I have been trying to relax. I've been caught up in doing everything right. Once I have a plan down I'll feel better. It's just so much information to take in that I'm always finding out new info that seems to be changing everything.
Howd u go hun

Don't let the bastards get ya down

Drunken Cockatoo
May 27th, 2014, 06:46 AM
I can relate as I also came from IG over a year ago to find Genderdreaming. I was so overwhelmed, but I also struggled at IG because I wanted to read what was the theory behind the sways. It's really worth investigating a few hours into LE, because it was constructed from really well known and even proven theories. I remembered that for example the Trivers-Willard-Hypothese was teached to us in medicine and psychology at university. My DH knows it, too from university. Our teachers showed us so many studys to back it up. So I personally feel that LE ist scientifically much more plausible and proven than IG. I know it is frustrating to change your path. But you're doing good!!! :)