begonia
June 27th, 2011, 03:02 PM
-

zanacal
June 27th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Good luck Begonia, I hope you get your boy x

3boys
June 27th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Again good luck hun. Praying it's your little boy in there!!! Sending you all my blue dust! Sounded like a great attempt

Zivic-Bubac
June 27th, 2011, 04:31 PM
LOL hun, you made me laugh with chin hair, I got some too, it's great isn't it? :rofl:
Post your nub ASAP so that we can all obsess over it :p
Love your relaxed approach to swaying, maybe that's partially the reason you had OHW :agree:

Plum3
June 28th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Great sway!! Good luck. Can't wait to see the nub pics :D

babydes56
June 28th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Great sway!! I hope there's a little boy in there

lightofmylife
June 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
wow , what a perfect sway, good luck for sticky blue bean :)

LolaInLove
June 28th, 2011, 10:50 AM
NICE WORK, B!!! :celebrate: Now to wait the long 9 months to see what comes out......:wink:

boyjoy
June 28th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Looks like a great sway B, hope it s a blue bundle baking in there. i can t believe u ll wait until delivery to find out, you are amazing. I wouldn t do that well i didn t :) Big congrats again!

begonia
June 28th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks everyone! :happy:

ZB what is up with the chin hairs, we need a smiley with a big one :rofl:

Boyjoy, I'm waiting mostly bc DH wants to wait ... he always has, and I've made us find out with the last 2. Plus I know if I hear "girl" I'll be a little bummed just lying there on the u/s table, but if I go through L&D and have this gorgeous fat baby in front of me I'll fall right in love. Oh how I looooooove that moment, don't we all?!? When you FINALLY get to hold that little wee newborn?!?! :awe: Or ... if it is a :DS:, I think DH would start bawling tears of joy immediately, and that I want to see. He adores the girls but I know he'd love a boy this time.

Anyhow I get a good nub shot then maybe I'll have a good idea anyway :bigsmile: I didn't get good nubs with the girls though so I'm not counting on it! But I would love to at least have an idea...some of the nubs on here have been pretty obvious, so maybe I'll get lucky!

gizmo77
June 28th, 2011, 02:41 PM
wow!! i didnt kno wyou got a BFP!! congrats (i knew that you tried but thought you werent pg...obviously i wasnt stalking you well!!!)
CONGRATS what a WONDERFUL sway! perfect to me. good luck and hope you get that BOY.

btw what is the point of THIS questions:
"DH consume caffeine before attempt day?"

i know why it asks consume caffeien 1/2 hr or hour before attempt but why the above??
good luck!!!

begonia
June 28th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks Gizmo!!! I appreciate it :happy:

The caffeine before attempt day Q is bc caffeine isn't great for the sperm health in general, so the thought is if you can get DH to kick caffeine totally his sperm will be in better shape for TTC.

gizmo77
June 28th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks Gizmo!!! I appreciate it :happy:

The caffeine before attempt day Q is bc caffeine isn't great for the sperm health in general, so the thought is if you can get DH to kick caffeine totally his sperm will be in better shape for TTC.

gotchya. guess i have no chance then. dh cant quit. ;-) hopefully the supps will counter!

Zivic-Bubac
June 30th, 2011, 04:13 PM
ZB what is up with the chin hairs, we need a smiley with a big one :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I bet lot of blue swayers could use that smiley :rofl:

skrimpy
July 1st, 2011, 02:57 PM
woohoo begonia, just cheering you and your little bean on again. you showed some dedication with those weights - I hope I can stick with them too. We will be here to nubsess and go over all the old wive's tales with you :p

TTC5
July 1st, 2011, 11:57 PM
Fantastic sway!!!!! Bet it's a boy!!

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
LOL hun, you made me laugh with chin hair, I got some too, it's great isn't it? :rofl:
Post your nub ASAP so that we can all obsess over it :p
Love your relaxed approach to swaying, maybe that's partially the reason you had OHW :agree:

Hey, I'm tellin' ya, my chin hair that I had since I was 18 years old WENT AWAY on the girl diet and hasn't been back since so I think that's a great sign!

TOTALLY agree about being relaxed!

I think you had a great sway! Good luck to you and sending out a convoy of cerulean dump trucks, driven by Smurfs, laden with blue dust.

zanacal
July 2nd, 2011, 04:25 PM
I'm waiting for the day the hair above my left nipple disappears and I don't need to wax my 'upper lip' every single flipping week - then I'll know I'm ready for my girl :D

begonia
July 5th, 2011, 10:12 PM
sending out a convoy of cerulean dump trucks, driven by Smurfs, laden with blue dust.
Now that is just darned funny :bigsmile:

And I will take all of the blue dust and well wishes so thank you everyone! I :heart: this group!

OH and on the chin/chest/upper lip hair ... I alway had a stray hair or two in those areas. But man, swaying boy made my chin hair go cray-z; I went from having 2-3 to having at least 10 :suprise: I really hope that stuff goes back to normal :mad:

TTC5
July 5th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Am I the only one who didn't get chin hairs lol. I WANT A CHIN HAIR TOO lol ..

I did however get pimples all over my chin, if that counts lol :P

begonia
July 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Oh TTC5 you DO NOT want them, LOL! I started keeping tweezers in my car b/c I'd catch a glimpse of myself in the rearview mirror at JUST the right angle and realize one of the little buggers was waving at me! So at the very next stop I'd promptly pull the offender out!

Pimples are still very attractive too though :bigsmile: And NO DOUBT a sign you'll be having your :DS: FX you get your BFP this month!!!!

iyamaryam
July 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Hey hun, great sway, sending blue sticky dust your way. LOL @ the chin hairs, I got a couple too myself, my tweezer was very busy too:wink:.

ttcboy2011
July 7th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Congrats Begonia! Great sway!!

begonia
July 7th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Thank you for the blue dust, iamaryam ... isnt' it fun that you have some now?!?! So happy for you, hope you're feeling well!

Thank you ttcboy! Hope to see your BFP sway posted soon :happy:

gizmo77
July 7th, 2011, 03:09 PM
hey begonia, what did you do for weights exactly? so far i am doing step once a week (2 risers), squats with overhead weights, push ups, sit ups (is this considered firming or resistance???), planks, plies, lunges, tricep dips, bicep curls. i am trying to combine 2-4 exercises with 4 sets each with varying reps (8-20), and only do each four exercises like 2-3 times a week. 4 times if im lucky. but im usually done by 20 min. maybe i should slow down some? how did you ever get to 45 min a day??? ;-)

begonia
July 7th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Gizmo, that sounds perfect to me, though I'm no expert for sure. I didn't do step but did do all of what you mentioned. Plus we have some great machines at our gym so was doing some of those too, particularly the ones to work my back, arms and quads/hams. I worked with a trainer and did 30-45 seconds rest between reps, and about a minute rest between exercises; she is the reason I kept at the sessions for 45 minutes or I would have likely gotten bored at 20 min. It was intense and I really grew to enjoy it; I'm super competitive (which apparently doesn't go with girl moms? but I always have been) and I loved trying to lift more each week.

I also think part of the reason I didn't gain much weight (about 7lbs total) even though I quit heavy cardio (I ran 40+ miles a week with my girls) was because the muscle I built through the weights burned more calories at rest. IMO weights are a great addition to a boy sway if for no other reason than that.

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Am I the only one who didn't get chin hairs lol. I WANT A CHIN HAIR TOO lol ..

I did however get pimples all over my chin, if that counts lol :P

Those are just the chin hairs trying to make their way to the surface but you're too gorgeous so they're afraid to emerge!!

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Gizmo, that sounds perfect to me, though I'm no expert for sure. I didn't do step but did do all of what you mentioned. Plus we have some great machines at our gym so was doing some of those too, particularly the ones to work my back, arms and quads/hams. I worked with a trainer and did 30-45 seconds rest between reps, and about a minute rest between exercises; she is the reason I kept at the sessions for 45 minutes or I would have likely gotten bored at 20 min. It was intense and I really grew to enjoy it; I'm super competitive (which apparently doesn't go with girl moms? but I always have been) and I loved trying to lift more each week.

I also think part of the reason I didn't gain much weight (about 7lbs total) even though I quit heavy cardio (I ran 40+ miles a week with my girls) was because the muscle I built through the weights burned more calories at rest. IMO weights are a great addition to a boy sway if for no other reason than that.

I completely agree and I think that your weight gain is a perfect example of how you can go from being very fit and girl-friendly to being very fit and boy-friendly. Kudos to you!

Hobbermittens
July 10th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Great sway! Fingers crossed you have a baby boy in there!

gizmo77
July 12th, 2011, 02:44 PM

well i stopped doing step recently bc i didnt feel any muslce building even with 2 risers..prob bc im up and down the stairs all day with the girls. i did the resting like you mentioned and i ended up making itto 35 min! and it felt great the next day. so thanks for the tips. thats intersting about the muscles burning calories at rest. do you mean to say the day after you exercise, since your muscles are growing or strong, it kills any extra calories you dont need? or how the heck does thatw ork? very interesting!

begonia
July 12th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Gizmo, I don't know any research to back it up, but conventional workout wisdom is that a pound of muscle burns more calories at rest than a pound of fat; that it takes more energy (calories) to maintain the muscle tissue. And like you said, since your muscles are growing stronger your body would need to use energy to promote and develop that growth, so I bet that is part of it too. Also even if you just take the basic example of men vs. women, they naturally have more muscle mass, and tend to burn off calories much faster than women.

I will say though it is one of those things I've always heard/read and can't point to anything directly to prove it!

gizmo77
July 28th, 2011, 02:01 PM
begonia, did i read somehwere that youwerent going to get a gender scan??? i was really hoping you would bc i feel like our sways are the most similar ;-) good luck regardless!

lightofmylife
July 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
greattt sway ,hope u get blue bean , .... i also planned to not find out this time :)

begonia
July 29th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Thank you light!!!

Gizmo I know, I totally stalked other swaying friends to see their nubs/20 week scans ... but for us I know for sure I just can't handle hearing "girl" unless I'm being handed a fat little wriggler to hold. And a good nub shot will give you a really, REALLY good idea IMHO so I think I'm better off avoiding that too. Sorry to disappoint! I totally get the wanting to know!

atomic sagebrush
July 30th, 2011, 01:39 PM
well i stopped doing step recently bc i didnt feel any muslce building even with 2 risers..prob bc im up and down the stairs all day with the girls. i did the resting like you mentioned and i ended up making itto 35 min! and it felt great the next day. so thanks for the tips. thats intersting about the muscles burning calories at rest. do you mean to say the day after you exercise, since your muscles are growing or strong, it kills any extra calories you dont need? or how the heck does thatw ork? very interesting!

A pound of muscle burns anywhere from 30-50 calories a day just from metabolism, whereas a pound of fat really doesn't burn much at all...just sits there like, well, a pound of fat!

Then, if you exercise, afterwards your muscle mass burns even MORE calories than it just does sitting there, up to 100 calories for each pound of muscle you have.

(These are just ballpark, average figures and everyone is different, of course.)

gizmo77
August 1st, 2011, 11:10 AM
Thank you light!!!

Gizmo I know, I totally stalked other swaying friends to see their nubs/20 week scans ... but for us I know for sure I just can't handle hearing "girl" unless I'm being handed a fat little wriggler to hold. And a good nub shot will give you a really, REALLY good idea IMHO so I think I'm better off avoiding that too. Sorry to disappoint! I totally get the wanting to know!

guess its opposite fo rme,. i didnt find out for either of my 2 DDs so since this may be my last i may want to know...esply to see if this diet works! but i never thought of the whole...how will i feel if its another girl...thru out the pgy...
something to think about!

gizmo77
August 1st, 2011, 11:11 AM
A pound of muscle burns anywhere from 30-50 calories a day just from metabolism, whereas a pound of fat really doesn't burn much at all...just sits there like, well, a pound of fat!

Then, if you exercise, afterwards your muscle mass burns even MORE calories than it just does sitting there, up to 100 calories for each pound of muscle you have.

(These are just ballpark, average figures and everyone is different, of course.)

awesome info! thanks!

begonia
August 2nd, 2011, 04:11 PM
guess its opposite fo rme,. i didnt find out for either of my 2 DDs so since this may be my last i may want to know...esply to see if this diet works! but i never thought of the whole...how will i feel if its another girl...thru out the pgy...
something to think about!

I think that makes sense if you didn't find out before! I can see wanting to have the experience of finding out. My recommendation would be to have the tech write it down though; that way you and DH can have a private moment to find out together ... and if it is a girl and you're a bit bummed, you don't have some tech you don't even know judging you for your reaction.

zanacal
August 2nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
We knew the first 2 were boys but we waited until the birth to find out with DS3 - I don't have any regrets, in all honesty I didn't give a monkeys what sex he was once he'd arrived - in that moment I was glad that he had arrived and was healthy and that I wasn't in labour anymore :D I definitely think both ways are good for different reasons!

begonia
August 2nd, 2011, 06:44 PM
Thank you Zanacal!!! That really, really encourages me. I keep thinking I'm only going to like the surprise if it is what I want, KWIM? Love hearing your experience; makes me think it will be fun no matter what the outcome :happy:

DoulaMama
August 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Thank you Zanacal!!! That really, really encourages me. I keep thinking I'm only going to like the surprise if it is what I want, KWIM? Love hearing your experience; makes me think it will be fun no matter what the outcome :happy:

I found out for my first 2 kiddos-(only technically the first....with DS2 I saw his penis on the u/s..it was very obvious!) and with DS3 I decided against u/s for my entire pregnancy. I was so undecided all the way up to 20 weeks but beyond that point i was totally at peace with the decision. I knew it was going to be a girl. I just KNEW it! I even bought a cute little dress to take pics of her in and send out the next am! When I was in labour all I could think about was the fact that I was going to meet my daughter for the first time in a short while.....an hour later(I have short labours) I pushed out my baby and pulled him up out of the water(homebirth). I just held baby in my arms, soaking up the sights for a full 2 minutes before I took a peak to see what we had:) By the time I looked, I was in love with my baby~ It ended up being a boy of course but I had no GD at all at the birth. I really do feel that not finding out is better for me. I have no GD during the pregnancy and I know that no matter what, I will love that sweet little baby. It wasn't until my little guy was about 3mos old that I began thinking about DC#4. It wasn't so much GD because he was a boy...just that I needed to try one more time:)
Anyway....that's my story...I won't be finding out this time obviously and I'm so excited about that amazing surprise at the end:)

begonia
August 3rd, 2011, 12:24 PM
What a great story there DM, that totally helps me out so thank you for sharing! :kiss: I have a total crush on the ladies in this forum, for real ... such a great place for support.

I have to stay strong on this surprise thing because it really does sound worth it in the end :bigsmile:

SpicyTunaSushi
August 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
See, I can't decide.

I live in another country, but will be home after I find out the gender (if I do). I feel like it would be WAY more convenient to know so that I can either bring back DD clothes or buy DS clothes. What would you do? Grandmothers can bring DD clothes if it is a girl though...

Hmmm.

begonia
August 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Spicy did you find out with DD1? And will you have more kids? For me I know for sure this is our last one, so it is my (and DH's) last chance to ever have the experience of a surprise at birth.

It is definitely easier for planning purposes to go ahead and find out!

SpicyTunaSushi
August 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
I didn't find out with DD- though I suspected it was she because we dtd 9 times daily to conceive her and no eggwhite- just watery.

I did obsess worrying that it would be a dd. I love her to pieces, but I am afraid of finding out at a birth too. I do remember having tiny tiny amounts of GD when she was a newborn, but not a lot, and it faded.

I just feel like there is a lot of pressure to have a ds in my dh's family. My SIL is due before me and if she has a DS, I will struggle, but if I know I have a DS I will enjoy it more for her, IYKWIM?

And, no this won't be our last, probably at least 1-2 more.

begonia
August 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
See if you've already had the experience and know how you felt having done that... I would be more inclined to try finding out this time, since that will be a different experience for you.

Though I do worry like you said that I'll still have twinges of GD even once the baby arrives :worry:

And if you'll be having more then you'll know which way you liked it: finding out, or birthday surprise.

SpicyTunaSushi
August 3rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Yes, with DD, I was 90% sure she was a girl. I also didn't see a convincing nub, though my friend had a ds after I saw the girliest nub around (I must not be very good at it- the back was curved). So, I did have time to mourn during the pg. I was at more peace at it when she was born. I really didn't have any hope it was a boy by that point.

It wasn't that hard waiting- but if we do find out, we won't tell anyone that we did. If boy, shout it to the world, if girl, privately keep it a secret. :)

gizmo77
August 3rd, 2011, 03:14 PM
See, I can't decide.

I live in another country, but will be home after I find out the gender (if I do). I feel like it would be WAY more convenient to know so that I can either bring back DD clothes or buy DS clothes. What would you do? Grandmothers can bring DD clothes if it is a girl though...

Hmmm.

do you have anoything neutral? just buy those if you want to keep it a surprise. ppl at my shower for DD1 were pissed that i didnt find out bc it is hard to find neutral clothes these days they say! haha
i personally LOVED the surprise and felt it was worth. in the betgnning of DD2's pg i had the same feelings as DD1 so i thought great another girl. butthru out the rest of the pgcy, it was diff (carried diff, diff food cravings, etc). and i thought i even saw a penis on one of the many u/s's i had. guess i was wrong. but when DH shouted out "its another girl!" during birth, i could care less, the epidural didnt work, and i wanted it OUT and when i held her she was beautiful. then once we got home and i was rushing to get her ready and DD1 (about a week or 2 later, when DH was back at work) i was like, this is exactly the same thing, wtf. wiping a vagina again. same ol' sh*t. same clothes.
but that lasted maybe a few hours at a time for a week or two. andi cant tell you how guilty i felt. and dh is right, i give DD2 a LOT more leeway for things than i did with DD1, but i always felt like it was bc she knew she was #2 and probly felt neglected.
today she is the light of my life (not the username on here!!!)

and when i started swaying adn reading info, i was worried that i would feel that GD if this #3 was a girl. but after reading ppls posts on here and thinking about it, i mentally pic myself with 3 girls and im ok. and then i read about that post that daisy posted about the girl being beaten to death and im grateful even more.

but this #3 is dh's compromise to my wanting 4 (unless we win the lottery, thats the deal), so if it is my last, i think i ill ask the tech to just show me and ill guess. then ask her to tell me its a boy regardless. jk, i think im just so sick of eating and eating and this diet and keeping track of this and that and being strict, etc that i just want to try already and be pg the first shot!! and i want to see if before hand if it is all worth it. buti dont plan on telling DH either way. id love for him to be surprised in the D room.

begonia
August 3rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
This is so great and really making me want to wait! Gizmo I know what you mean about not telling DH either way ... if I do happen to see some kind of nub or something on the later u/s that leads me either way I won't be sharing that information with him. He has ALWAYS wanted a surprise baby so I wouldn't want to spoil that!

I waver about if I will feel GD. I will say my two girls could not be more different (even how they dress) so I am sure a 3rd would also bring new things to the table. I think I might have some down days until the 3rd really got her personality showing. But who knows? I really hope I can just delight in having one more healthy bean :-)

zanacal
August 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
I won't pretend I didn't have any GD when DS3 was a newborn - but not immediately and certainly not in the delivery room! I remember being tearful a few times over the possibility of never having a daughter but I didn't start planting the seed in DH's mind about potentially having a 4th for quite some time and I never in a million years thought he'd actually agree to it! My DS2 was born at home and he was poorly when he was born. He didn't gasp for air for 5 minutes and didn't start trying to breath regularly for 15 minutes so we were rushed to hospital and he was in SCBU for 3 days. There was nothing permanent wrong with him but it was a terrifying experience and I wanted the moments after DS3's birth to be entirely different and not knowing if it was a boy or girl up until that point made it more special. As I'm writing this I'm thinking I'd love to have a surprise again - but after all this effort trying to sway I just don't know if I could hold out, and DH prefers to know too. It's a difficult choice!

I agree on the neutral clothes Spicy - there's nothing cuter than a newborn in a white sleepsuit :D

gizmo77
August 4th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I agree on the neutral clothes Spicy - there's nothing cuter than a newborn in a white sleepsuit :D

esply when old ppl say ohh look at that boy! (when its a girl) or vice versa. actually even if they are wearing pink some ppl still called some of my kids boys.
thanks for sharing your story. that just breaks my heart reading it!! i cant imagine going thru it. good for you guys for coming out strong and healthy!

zanacal
August 4th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Thank you gizmo, it took a long time to feel better about and having another baby was definitely very healing. DH would never, ever agree to another homebirth though! You're right about the white sleepsuit too - add pink or blue hat as appropriate (and still have people say the opposite)!

DoulaMama
August 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM
What a great story there DM, that totally helps me out so thank you for sharing! :kiss: I have a total crush on the ladies in this forum, for real ... such a great place for support.

I have to stay strong on this surprise thing because it really does sound worth it in the end :bigsmile:
You're welcome:) It gets easier too...(the not knowing part, that is) so by the time you're 25 weeks I found that I had come so far NOT knowing that I didn't want to ruin the surprise at that time. I don't think you'll regret it B:)

Z- I'm so sorry that things went badly at your birth:( Some babies are slow starters and from the research I've done so far, your little guy may have done the same thing at the hospital as he did at home. If the midwives were experienced they should have handled it exactly like the OB's would have. Did they find a reason why he was so slow to start? Was there cord issues or slow descent? I hope the questions don't bother you~ If it's painful to think about, please forgive me. ((HUGS)) So happy that you came through it ok and that you're planning on TTC again :HH:

LolaInLove
August 4th, 2011, 01:23 PM
For me I know for sure this is our last one, so it is my (and DH's) last chance to ever have the experience of a surprise at birth.

This is EXACTLY why I flirt with the idea myself. I am all about experiences in life. And I absolutely fell in love with your story, DM!

LolaInLove
August 4th, 2011, 01:25 PM
we dtd 9 times daily to conceive her

HOLY VAGINA! That is impressive, Spicy!

DoulaMama
August 4th, 2011, 01:49 PM

OMG I'm seriously LMAO over here! I have to use that expression one day! HAHAHAHA!

And xo about the story:) I can't imagine ever finding out again just based on how amazing those first moments were with my new baby. I was so ecstatic that I honestly forgot to look to see what "it" was :HH:

LolaInLove
August 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
OMG I'm seriously LMAO over here! I have to use that expression one day! HAHAHAHA!

And xo about the story:) I can't imagine ever finding out again just based on how amazing those first moments were with my new baby. I was so ecstatic that I honestly forgot to look to see what "it" was :HH:

I mean, my cooch would be in shambles! I am actually more impressed with Spicy's DH, LOL!

Sigh, I do love the surprise stories.....Begonia will know what I am talking about....an old blue crew member just had her boy, a surprise (Frogs) and she wrote that it was one of the best moments of her life and her DH's reaction was priceless. I would love to have that experience. I loved also that you didn't look between the legs for a few minutes, that is too sweet!

zanacal
August 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Z- I'm so sorry that things went badly at your birth:( Some babies are slow starters and from the research I've done so far, your little guy may have done the same thing at the hospital as he did at home. If the midwives were experienced they should have handled it exactly like the OB's would have. Did they find a reason why he was so slow to start? Was there cord issues or slow descent? I hope the questions don't bother you~ If it's painful to think about, please forgive me. ((HUGS)) So happy that you came through it ok and that you're planning on TTC again :HH:

I don't mind at all DM. I agree that things would have been the same even if we'd been in hospital, in fact I think it could even have been worse because I may have been tempted by more drugs - and if DS2 was always going to be sleepy then something like pethidine would have made it even worse. I'd never use drugs except gas and air in labour now.

All my babies were posterior once I was in labour (even if they weren't beforehand!) and DS2 was bigger than the others and took a long time to turn and descend. I was pushing for 2 hours in a standing squat - until DH suggested I kneel down instead! My muscles turned to jelly afterwards and it was hours before I could even walk. Also, the midwife had her arm up me (like a cow!) helping him to turn and afterwards I wondered whether that had caused the problem but we'll never know so I finally laid that to rest.

Even though I believe it would have been the same had we been in hospital, we don't live close. I had to deliver the placenta incredibly quickly and ride in an ambulance for 40 minutes with my insides hanging out - not pleasant! I'll never forget the looks on DH's and mum's faces as they closed the ambulance doors because they thought DS2 would die. DH has hardly even spoken about that day but when he has he's admitted that he was terrified driving to the hospital because he didn't know whether our baby was alive so when I suggested a 3rd baby it was his condition that it would be in hospital and not at home.

I still get sad when people talk about their wonderful homebirths because I was robbed! I absolutely believe in a woman's ability to birth naturally and so I focus on the positives of a hospital birth instead, avoid as much intervention as possible and make my wishes very clear. We're lucky in this country that this is what's encouraged these days and that the hospitals in my area are very good. DH and I were on our own in a private room for the majority of the time leading up to DS3's delivery so we were able to turn the lights down, play some music, take a bath and relax (as far as possible with a back to back baby - again!). It would be completely chaotic at home now in our tiny living room with the 3 boys hanging around so I'm actually ok with this!

Sorry to gatecrash begonia :D

LolaInLove
August 4th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Zan, you are a warrior! That's all I can say.

zanacal
August 4th, 2011, 02:23 PM

Ha ha, definitely not! I'm a big baby when I'm in labour - with DS3 I cried when the midwife said the birthing pool wasn't free, I nearly killed DH because he wasn't passing me the gas & air quick enough and he laughed when the mouthpiece fell off, I asked for an epidural right before I started pushing (and DH was brave enough to remind me that that's not what I wanted!). I have to write it all down beforehand while I'm still in my right mind because I fall apart at the first contraction and oh, how I wish I could labour quietly! I took hypnobirthing classes last time around but they went right out the window :D

gizmo77
August 4th, 2011, 02:30 PM

i saw that too, geez! im also impressed with the DH!!! i think mine would just lay in a coffin at that point.

gizmo77
August 4th, 2011, 02:31 PM
love your story zanacal. yes sorry begonia!

DoulaMama
August 4th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I mean, my cooch would be in shambles! I am actually more impressed with Spicy's DH, LOL!

Sigh, I do love the surprise stories.....Begonia will know what I am talking about....an old blue crew member just had her boy, a surprise (Frogs) and she wrote that it was one of the best moments of her life and her DH's reaction was priceless. I would love to have that experience. I loved also that you didn't look between the legs for a few minutes, that is too sweet!
OMGoodness...to not know and also get your DG would be incredible:) I long for that moment~~ :HH:

oh, how I wish I could labour quietly! I took hypnobirthing classes last time around but they went right out the window :D
This was me too...I sound like a dying cow while in labour.... LOL

I still get sad when people talk about their wonderful homebirths because I was robbed! I absolutely believe in a woman's ability to birth naturally and so I focus on the positives of a hospital birth instead, avoid as much intervention as possible and make my wishes very clear. We're lucky in this country that this is what's encouraged these days and that the hospitals in my area are very good. DH and I were on our own in a private room for the majority of the time leading up to DS3's delivery so we were able to turn the lights down, play some music, take a bath and relax (as far as possible with a back to back baby - again!). It would be completely chaotic at home now in our tiny living room with the 3 boys hanging around so I'm actually ok with this!

Sorry to gatecrash begonia :D
^^^ I second this....SORRY B!
I'm so glad that you and baby came through ok in the end. It must have been terrifying for all involved:(
All our experiences shape our future and I have to say that your hospital sounds like a lovely place to have a baby!!
I hope your next birth is amazing/easy/peaceful with a little bit of PINK thrown in for good measure:HH: I didn't say quiet because sometimes being loud helps bring the baby down;)
xo

begonia
August 4th, 2011, 05:47 PM
You gals have got to be kidding me, don't apologize for chatting on my sway thread, you're all just making my sway look like it is super popular and proabably totally awesome :rofl:

Zan I agree with Lola - total warrior story. FX of course you can be less a warrior and more a princess with the next birth :happy:

I labor quietly, LOL! I have a high pain tolerance and I'm also not at all interested in drawing attention to myself, so I was very much that woman just "hoo hee hoo hee, oooo, that one hurts" ... but inside I was like, WTH! THIS SUCKS!!!!! But I do love L&D ... oh it's just so amazing, isn't it?!? If I can focus on that I know I can get myself to 40 weeks without finding out. That said if someone could tell me right this minute I'd have a hard time saying no :suprise:

DM I do agree - the surprise is that much sweeter when you get your DG in the end! I just loved Frogs story too Lola, I'm so happy for her!

Spicy I was thinking the 9x one day was a joke ... seriously?!?!? Could you walk the next day?!?! VERY impressive!

DoulaMama
August 5th, 2011, 01:20 AM
i saw that too, geez! im also impressed with the DH!!! i think mine would just lay in a coffin at that point.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LMAO!!!

DoulaMama
August 5th, 2011, 01:25 AM
I still get sad when people talk about their wonderful homebirths because I was robbed!

You were:( Life is so not fair sometimes:gloomy: I'm so sorry that you didn't get the experience you hoped for, Mama. Hugs from me xoxo

zanacal
August 5th, 2011, 12:10 PM
You gals have got to be kidding me, don't apologize for chatting on my sway thread, you're all just making my sway look like it is super popular and proabably totally awesome :rofl:

That's totally true :D :D :D

atomic sagebrush
August 8th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I think that makes sense if you didn't find out before! I can see wanting to have the experience of finding out. My recommendation would be to have the tech write it down though; that way you and DH can have a private moment to find out together ... and if it is a girl and you're a bit bummed, you don't have some tech you don't even know judging you for your reaction.

I could not agree more, because even if you think you will be ok you may have more of a reaction than you thought. I had thought I saw a weewee at my 12 week u/s and had a lot of "boy" signs the day of my ultrasound and I still burst into tears in a rather embarrassing fashion. :/

zanacal
August 8th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I fear I'd do the same Atomic - but I don't think a tech here would be willing to write it down because they won't want to be held accountable if they're wrong! I like the idea though :D

atomic sagebrush
August 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM

Totally!

I had two yucky births (hospital) and two nice ones (one hosp. and one homebirth) so I know for a fact that they can be as nice in the hospital as they are at home. Whatever works for eveyrone involved is best.

SpicyTunaSushi
August 9th, 2011, 05:54 AM

Sorry- not in a day, 9x once a day! That would be impossible!

SpicyTunaSushi
August 9th, 2011, 05:55 AM

Zan I agree with Lola - total warrior story. FX of course you can be less a warrior and more a princess with the next birth :happy:

I labor quietly, LOL! I have a high pain tolerance and I'm also not at all interested in drawing attention to myself, so I was very much that woman just "hoo hee hoo hee, oooo, that one hurts" ... but inside I was like, WTH! THIS SUCKS!!!!! But I do love L&D ... oh it's just so amazing, isn't it?!? If I can focus on that I know I can get myself to 40 weeks without finding out. That said if someone could tell me right this minute I'd have a hard time saying no :suprise:

DM I do agree - the surprise is that much sweeter when you get your DG in the end! I just loved Frogs story too Lola, I'm so happy for her!

Spicy I was thinking the 9x one day was a joke ... seriously?!?!? Could you walk the next day?!?! VERY impressive!

Yes I meant 9 times once a day for 9 days leading up to O. Glad to clear that up!

SpicyTunaSushi
August 9th, 2011, 05:58 AM
do you have anoything neutral? just buy those if you want to keep it a surprise. ppl at my shower for DD1 were pissed that i didnt find out bc it is hard to find neutral clothes these days they say! haha
i personally LOVED the surprise and felt it was worth. in the betgnning of DD2's pg i had the same feelings as DD1 so i thought great another girl. butthru out the rest of the pgcy, it was diff (carried diff, diff food cravings, etc). and i thought i even saw a penis on one of the many u/s's i had. guess i was wrong. but when DH shouted out "its another girl!" during birth, i could care less, the epidural didnt work, and i wanted it OUT and when i held her she was beautiful. then once we got home and i was rushing to get her ready and DD1 (about a week or 2 later, when DH was back at work) i was like, this is exactly the same thing, wtf. wiping a vagina again. same ol' sh*t. same clothes.
but that lasted maybe a few hours at a time for a week or two. andi cant tell you how guilty i felt. and dh is right, i give DD2 a LOT more leeway for things than i did with DD1, but i always felt like it was bc she knew she was #2 and probly felt neglected.
today she is the light of my life (not the username on here!!!)

and when i started swaying adn reading info, i was worried that i would feel that GD if this #3 was a girl. but after reading ppls posts on here and thinking about it, i mentally pic myself with 3 girls and im ok. and then i read about that post that daisy posted about the girl being beaten to death and im grateful even more.

but this #3 is dh's compromise to my wanting 4 (unless we win the lottery, thats the deal), so if it is my last, i think i ill ask the tech to just show me and ill guess. then ask her to tell me its a boy regardless. jk, i think im just so sick of eating and eating and this diet and keeping track of this and that and being strict, etc that i just want to try already and be pg the first shot!! and i want to see if before hand if it is all worth it. buti dont plan on telling DH either way. id love for him to be surprised in the D room.

I do have neutral stuff- I did an inventory packing away things- and have a surprising amount of neutral stuff since DD was a surprise. I think I can make it!

zanacal
August 9th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Sorry- not in a day, 9x once a day! That would be impossible!

Lol, we were impressed :D

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Girl #3 for us ... I'm glad I found out bc I was hoping I wouldn't have to pick another girl name, and now I know I really need to focus on that! I'm very disappointed for my DH. I'm glad for him that it will be a delivery surprise and that these next few months I can keep his hopes level, because right now his hopes are pretty high for a son.

SpicyTunaSushi
September 26th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Begonia- Hugs. I am sure she will be a sweet addition to your family and you and your DH will adore her.

gizmo77
September 26th, 2011, 02:44 PM
begonia, congratulations on your little girl! she will probably be someone who will make a huge difference in your lives (having beaten all those boy sperm to the finish line). like her mommy, a great runner! *hugs* :-)

TTC5
September 26th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Congratulations on a healthy sweet little girl Begonia!!!

Make sure you let us know how you are feeling it will help with any GD xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

nuthinbutpink
September 26th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry you didn't hear boy. I've been there with DD#3. It was easier than DD#2 with whom I totally lost it at the doctor's office. My DH was very mad at me. I was grateful for that because it helped having one of us that was okay with another daughter. He would have stopped at 2 kids so the rest was all me. He was never phased by it at all.

I like the dynamic with 3 of a kind. It stops any quick comparions between the 2 that they or anyone else might make and they are more of a unit. I think they have learned from eachother. The middle child takes on an entirely new role. It is fun to watch her get to be big and little sis.

Whether you try again or not, I hope you find peace with the 3. I worry for you keeping it in the rest of the pregnancy and having such a large elephant in the room with DH. I hope your heart makes it through that. You know you can get all the support you want here though so you may not be able to lean on him but you may certainly lean on us.

DebH
September 26th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Sorry you didn't hear boy, Begonia. We're in the same boat with our boy sways being girls.
Once she's here it will feel meant to be.

Best of luck with the name brainstorming.

begonia
September 27th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Thank you all so much. I posted it on a couple other threads but I need to take a break ... coming here just reminds me of when I still had some hope about having a son, and the fact is that hope is gone for me. And that's OK, it's my reality, and I now know my lot in life, you know? It's 3 daughters. And they are healthy and wonderful and I need to focus on what I have and not what I don't ... and coming here right now just keeps reminding me that I did try for a son, and it didn't work, and I won't have him.

So it's hard to go because yes, I do feel like I get support here and there's so many women who "get it" but I need to stop spending time focusing on this.

NBP I appreciate the thoughts on 3. Part of me yesterday was questioning why I even wanted one more. Like was this all a huge mistake, am I going to ruin the great bond my 2 have now, how will I find time for all of them, etc. All of that will work itself out I guess. I know for sure based on my experience with finding out about DD2 that I will feel soooo much better once she arrives. I'm glad I found out though ... I couldn't handle the not knowing. Knowing is better for me for sure. Now I can start moving forward and looking forward to life with our 3 girls.

TTC5
September 27th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Big hugs Begonia xoxoxoxoxoxo

Foxy
September 27th, 2011, 05:52 PM
:awe:

Hobbermittens
September 28th, 2011, 12:01 AM
:hugs::hug2:
We will miss you. But you need to do what is the best for you. :HH:

My Fabulous Children
September 28th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Take care :awe: please come back!!!

ELP
September 28th, 2011, 04:23 AM
ThiS lookS like a great boy SWay but that lady WantS her mummy and daddy!!!! Come back Soon B, aS full of life and eXcitement aS ever ok:HH:

babydes56
September 28th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Big big hugs B, i understand your decision & would probably do the same if i was in your position. Couldnt stop thinking about you yesterday. All the best & please do pop in to find out what i'm having

skrimpy
September 28th, 2011, 09:05 AM
(((hugs))) to you B. I had to stop going to IG for awhile after I found out Honor was a girl. I just couldn't go.. I still avoid one friend's Facebook posts b/c she had a little boy just after I had Honor. Even adoring my sweet girl it still causes a little pain seeing her baby boy's pics. Take the time you need and enjoy your pregnancy. I spent a lot of time wondering "why did I even get PG again if another girl was a chance?". Those emotions were so painful but it got a lot better as my pregnancy progressed. Also take good care of yourself physically - that helped me a lot. And trust that you will adore her and she will fit right in. <3 for you.

LolaInLove
September 28th, 2011, 09:10 AM
B, ditto what everyone said.....I would do the same thing and take a break. Enjoy your pregnancy and get excited about her arrival. She is going to be super amazing! We are here for you anytime, of course...will miss ya, girl. :HH:

atomic sagebrush
October 1st, 2011, 10:09 AM
I'm SO sorry, Begonia. Huge (((hugs))) and wishing you the very best for a happy and healthy pg and all the best in life.

begonia
October 10th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Y'all I'm sorry to do this but I need to delete my sway. I keep re-reading it trying to figure out where I went wrong and I hate knowing that it's out here as an example now of a "failed" sway. I find it incredibly sad that in my ideal world this little person in my belly would be someone other than who she is, but it's true ... I wanted her to be someone else. What a rotten way to start her life, with her mom wishing she was different, that she's somehow a disappointment to me, before she's ever even taken a breath. So out of respect for this little girl I had to take it down; I'm hoping it will help me leave behind the last 11 months of wishing and hoping for a son, and help allow me to move forward with another daughter.

I wish everyone SO MUCH luck with their sways!

LolaInLove
October 10th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I would do the same thing, girl. Hope you are doing ok.....xxooo

zanacal
October 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
{hugs} Begonia x

gizmo77
October 10th, 2011, 03:31 PM
i think thats great of you to do that. what a wonderful mommy you are! i am also getting attached to this sway and its no longer become "for entertainment purposes only." bc of you and others who didnt get what they swayed for, it grounds me and reminds me its ultimately up to God (or whoever you believe in). you are so lucky to have a DH who is interested in #4/adoption. there arent many men out there like that (at least that i know!!). my dh was done after one! anyway besides whatever teh future holds for you, you are going tobe an even greater mother to your #3. once you have that chubby soft baby in your arms, her eyes connected to yours, feeling sedate and comfortable in her mothers arms, searching for a large juicy nipple, i think you will even forget swaying ever happened.
;-)

TTC5
October 10th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Totally respect that decision Begonia, love and hugs to you my cyber friend xoxox

begonia
October 11th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Thank you guys for your support. It really has helped me to delete it ... it's a good step for me in moving on.

begonia
October 11th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Or maybe I should repost it and just call it a girl sway :wink: Then I'm a success story after all :bigsmile:

TTC5
October 11th, 2011, 05:13 PM
LOL that made me laugh B!!!!

DoulaMama
October 11th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I think I'll be doing the same thing! Hugs to you, my friend:) xoxoxo

atomic sagebrush
October 16th, 2011, 01:03 PM
That makes so much sense! Whatever helps!!

2pinkNoblue
November 14th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Where is your sway info?
was it deleted? I cannot view it...

LolaInLove
November 14th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Yes, she deleted it so she didn't have to go over it and feel like she did anything wrong.

nuthinbutpink
November 14th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Yes, she deleted it so she didn't have to go over it and feel like she did anything wrong.

Nobody does anything wrong and I really hope nobody feels that way. Swaying is just that, attempting to sway your odds in your favor. There is still a big margin for opposite though. I wish the information was still there for others. We all learn as we go here.

begonia
November 15th, 2011, 03:45 PM
A big reason I deleted it is bc I myself was obsessing over it. And also, I don't see really anything of note that is different between those that got their boys and those that got girls. The luck element none of us can control and you either get it or don't. I didn't. But I changed everything I could, I seriously can't believe how much of my life I changed for this and STILL got another girl.

Anyhow, in the essence of trying to help others here's what I did, short version:

DIET: high fat, high protein (100+ a day), high calorie, high nutrient ... the good ol' High Everything. Included full fat dairy, nuts, meat, dried fruits, fresh fruits and veg. No processed foods or refined carbs or artificial sweeteners. Ate carbs + protein for snacks and meals. 9 months on the diet.

EXERCISE: Was running well over 40+ miles when I got pg with my girls. So stopped that and did weights 3x a week, some cardio.

SUPPS/HORMONES: fish oil, EPO, ASG, vit D, prenatal, wheatgrass, gelatin, BYF. My hormones definitely changed; my cycle included 3-4 days of spotting pre AF and never had that in the past, lots of chin hair popped up, and acne on my back.

BD: BFP 1st month. DTD 0-1 and 0, BSF about 30 mins before. No EW. O before and after, 2-3x. Hips propped and fell asleep.

OWT: boy outfit under the bed. and prayed my heart out for years.

gizmo77
November 15th, 2011, 04:01 PM
b, like you said its all in the hands of luck in the end, and what nbp says too, a sway is just..well a sway! thats it. i know how you feel tho. ive already started thinking of all the things ive done wrong and i just finished O'ing and attempting. totally think it will be another girl (#3 for me as well), but what can i do? nothing. just love whoever it is. i think if ppl went into this thinking its not a sure-fire thing, maybe they wouldnt be so invested in teh results. but it really is so hard espl y for pl like us who REALLy REALLY REALLy want a boy (or girl) and will do anything and everything expect PGD (esply if we cant afford it). thats why i try to keep telling myself and DH it may not work, it may not work. well we cant really control GD either. but we can accept we have it, mourn, and move on.

zanacal
November 15th, 2011, 04:27 PM
{hugs} Begonia, I know you're having such a hard time right now x

TTC5
November 15th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Big hugs again, B xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ttcboy
November 16th, 2011, 10:06 AM
big hugs for you B i know how your feeling with my third dd i defiantly though i was pg with ds because everything i was experiencing was diffract to the first two but i ended up with dd and then again with my forth dd i was glowing things were different once again and when i was told i was caring a dd again i was disappointed but you know what i would not have it any other way i love all four of my dds just the same.and i can not see myself without them. so hold in there your time will come soon

ttcboy
November 16th, 2011, 10:17 AM
does you mean when you hove chin hair in pg your most likly to have a boy?

LolaInLove
November 16th, 2011, 10:56 AM

Oh, sorry B, I didn't mean you DID anything wrong. You know you had a wonderful sway, of course. I did mean you didn't want to obsess.....which I would have done the same thing.

LolaInLove
November 16th, 2011, 10:58 AM
does you mean when you hove chin hair in pg your most likly to have a boy?

No, it means your testosterone level is good. Women who get facial hair seems to get that weird little chin hair. To be honest, I don't think ANYTHING means you are most likely to have a boy.

begonia
November 16th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Oh, sorry B, I didn't mean you DID anything wrong. You know you had a wonderful sway, of course. I did mean you didn't want to obsess.....which I would have done the same thing.

No worries at all, Lola, I didn't think a thing about what you said ... I took it precisely how you meant it :)

Thank you all for your support; such a lovely bunch of women here.

TTC5
April 8th, 2012, 11:36 PM
We sure are lucky to have a place with like minded people hey! xx