PDA

View Full Version : acijel vs rephresh??

jude17
June 27th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I am trying to decide if to use acijel or rephresh. I know that a lot of people have had girls using acijel but does anyone know how successful people have been when they have used rephresh? I would also use sylk as a lube when dtd. I think I read that rephresh and sylk together are find? I would use rephresh if I decide to try a 3 day cut off but would really like to know if people have had more girls rather than boys when using rephresh?

zanacal
June 28th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I don't think you'll find many examples of people who have used Rephresh as part of their sway. I did a little search myself a while back but didn't come up with much. I'm not sure whether we'll need a lube -we never have before and although I'll have less EWCM and be drier from regular BDing I'll always have some fairly recently applied Rephresh up there! I will either use just Rephresh or Rephresh with Acijel an hour before (I read this is good for providing moisture too if required!) but I'll experiment again before I decide.

rainbowflower
June 29th, 2011, 03:40 AM
I know quite a lot of people who are planning to use rephresh (me included), and a few who have concieved whilst using rephresh but not yet found out the gender

rephresh is the right choice for me because it will keep the pH stable at a good level and meaning I don't need to stress about checking pH and stuff!

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2011, 02:47 PM
I am trying to decide if to use acijel or rephresh. I know that a lot of people have had girls using acijel but does anyone know how successful people have been when they have used rephresh? I would also use sylk as a lube when dtd. I think I read that rephresh and sylk together are find? I would use rephresh if I decide to try a 3 day cut off but would really like to know if people have had more girls rather than boys when using rephresh?

The only reason why no one is using RepHresh is because on the "other site" people are advised against it in favor of lime douche and O+12. I personally don't like lime douche, I think it's dangerous and doesn't continue working long enough to do with a cutoff (I prefer cutoff because people can't get pg doing O+12 and also the testosterone factor.) They don't really like just Acijel either.

I htink Sylk and RepHresh should be fine but always doublecheck it before you use it, because our bodies do kooky things sometimes and it's always best to know.

Honestly, there is not a ton of info either way. To really know how these things sway, we need two groups of 1000 women to eat the exact same diets and BD in the exact same way. All we can do is go off of what makes sense, and RepHresh with a cutoff makes the most sense to me.

Emmy2012
July 1st, 2011, 04:52 PM
I prefer cutoff because people can't get pg doing O+12 and also the testosterone factor.)

Atomic, what do you mean by this? If you are working to do way lower testerone (I am on low everythig diet and saw palmetto) is an O+12 totally out? I was thinking of doing 14 day abstain with a 3 day cut-off, then have dh release 3 times a day till an 0+12 attempt. Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
It's because tracking your cycle obsessively and thinking about it constantly, which you need to do in order to hit an O+12, feeds into a kind of detail-oriented, nitpicky insanity that A LOT of boy moms seem to be prone to. This is exactly the sort of thing that sends testosterone levels sky high. If your body "thinks" you need high levels of testosterone to accomplish goals and fight battles (both literally and figuratively) it will find ways to make that testosterone. Even if you're doing other things to reduce testosterone, if you don't cut back on the demand for testosterone, your body will keep right on trying to make it.

An O+12 is not out if you have super regular cycles and you aren't stressing about it. However, if you are checking your temp, your CM, CP, pH, 17 times a day and keeping track of them all on a color-coded chart and obsessing over every tiny fluctuation, your body will interpret that as a call for more testosterone to be produced. That doesn't mean you can't still conceive a girl, it's just all about optimizing your odds of success.

For best results you have to reduce BOTH the supply and demand of testosterone.