PDA

View Full Version : Fluid in uterus

SamS_TTCPink
April 30th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I got my ultrasound results back and the dr said it says no signs of pregnancy but also says fluid in uterus. The dr seemed to just disregard it and not elaborate at all about what that means... Does anyone know what it means and is it something to be concerned about or is that normal?? 😕

sugarNspice
April 30th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Ugh.... seriously? He didn't explain at all? I really don't know--I'd guess something leftover from the pregnancy, but I think you either need to call him back and ask him to tell you what it means, or have the ultrasound images sent elsewhere and ask for a second opinion.
I don't know what the medical system is like where you are, but is it at all possible to talk to a different doctor?

nuthinbutpink
April 30th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Could be coming from your tubes.

angielorna
April 30th, 2014, 11:12 AM
hugs (double post -- the post below was my original with an added ps)

angielorna
April 30th, 2014, 11:14 AM
I have no idea. I would hope that if it were something to be concerned about, the doctor would tell you. But then again, your doctor (if it's the same one you talked about in your last post) is a bit of an idiot. Perhaps calling someone else? Just to ask the question? I don't know. Let us know what you decide to do/outcome....

Angie

P.S. I just googled it and there was another lady who said she also had this happen and her doctor said it was normal and it would clear itself up. HTH.

Mulberry Smurf
April 30th, 2014, 02:07 PM
This happened to me it was leftover blood and was nothing to worry about. This was around 4m after having a baby and was described as 'fluid in the uterus' no further investigation was needed. I actually got pregnant 2 months after and still had fluid plus baby but by my 12w scan the fluid was gone. Xx

Rosie85
April 30th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I had the same after my birth from DS3. It was blood and other "fluids" from being pregnant. I was having pain so they scanned me. They gave me tablets to help the rest of it pass.

SamS_TTCPink
April 30th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Ugh.... seriously? He didn't explain at all? I really don't know--I'd guess something leftover from the pregnancy, but I think you either need to call him back and ask him to tell you what it means, or have the ultrasound images sent elsewhere and ask for a second opinion.
I don't know what the medical system is like where you are, but is it at all possible to talk to a different doctor?

Yep, same dr!! Our medical system is shocking! It's so expensive just to go see a dr and even if you have the money it's so hard to get in to see anyone! 😞

I do think I need a second opinion.

SamS_TTCPink
April 30th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Could be coming from your tubes.

If is was what would that mean in regards to TTC? 😕

sugarNspice
May 1st, 2014, 11:11 AM
FWIW, when I googled it, I got that it was a "nonspecific finding" on ultrasound--meaning that it could be caused by a number of different things, and you can only tell by considering the patient's individual circumstances and history... So what "fluid in uterus" means for someone doing HT (and describing it on here) and what it means for someone who has just had a m/c might be very different.
I imagine that if it were truly serious, the doctor would have said something, but I also think he's been really unprofessional in terms of how he's handled your care, and if it's at all possible, it might *really* be worthwhile to get an explanation (and hopefully) reassurance from a different doc.
M/c is traumatic enough without having to deal with a lack of information about what's going on with your body.