PDA

View Full Version : dairy food intake and anovulatory infertility?

Caty
June 28th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I was just reading up on this article about dairy food intake and anovulatory infertility does anybody know much about this?? I am just wondering if this high dairy diet may have caused this to happen this cycle.... just a thought?
I hope it is ok to post this link?!:worry:

http://www.prohealth.com/fibromyalgia/library/mini/mini_research.cfm?libid=12757

rainbowflower
June 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
interesting about the low-fat and high-fat things

purplepoet20
June 28th, 2011, 10:44 AM
My question is what type of dairy were they eating/drinking.... The stuff from cows who were giving hormones and other crap that could affect all humans in many ways - or - were they only eating/drinking hormone free dairy - or - raw dairy products that have nothing added to it!!!

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM
I was just reading up on this article about dairy food intake and anovulatory infertility does anybody know much about this?? I am just wondering if this high dairy diet may have caused this to happen this cycle.... just a thought?
I hope it is ok to post this link?!:worry:

http://www.prohealth.com/fibromyalgia/library/mini/mini_research.cfm?libid=12757

Yes, I am aware of this study and it's an excellent one. It does seem to indicate that skim dairy can contribute to lower fertility while full-fat dairy can increase fertility (which is why I am always telling the blue swayers to eat full-fat dairy foods.) But, this may be a red herring. It may be that people who are chronic dieters are more likely to choose skim products and are less fertile because they're thin and always dieting. Or overall lower fat intake = lower fertility.

Regardless, keep in mind that this is what you WANT for pink. You want your fertility to be suppressed to some degree, because that seems to be when girls are conceived.

Regardless

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2011, 02:05 PM
My question is what type of dairy were they eating/drinking.... The stuff from cows who were giving hormones and other crap that could affect all humans in many ways - or - were they only eating/drinking hormone free dairy - or - raw dairy products that have nothing added to it!!!

In that big a study, it's probable that they were eating a variety of dairy products.