PDA

View Full Version : OPK BD Timing

hollyberry7
June 28th, 2011, 08:37 AM
We are now TTC and I'm trying to use the fade-in pattern on my OPKs to time BD. The test line was pretty faint up until last Friday when it started to get a little darker. The line darkened very gradually over the weekend through yesterday afternoon until I tested last night and it was extremely dark (positive). We BD on Friday and Sunday night, so not sure if I should BD tonight or not!!! I had a temp dip (97.18) on Monday morning and it rose a bit to 97.45 this morning, so I'm assuming this is O day - I'm feeling crampy, etc. I know timing isn't supposed to matter that much, but I'd still like to get it right! I've been on the diet for over 6 weeks now and have lost about 5-6 lbs. With that said, should I BD tonight for what seems like boy territory??? :nails:

rainbowflower
June 28th, 2011, 08:54 AM
I don't think timing matters at all... but do think frequency does matter, so for that reason I wouldn't BD tonight if you didn't BD yesterday as that would be 48hrs apart and would sway blue

hollyberry7
June 28th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Ok, hmm, still not sure what I'm going to do. This is my first time ever TTC, so I have no clue how fertile I am or what gender I'm destined to have :-) I should have also added that we BD almost 24 hours to the dot before my + OPK. I tested again at 11 this morning and the line is super dark!

rainbowflower
June 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
oh I see, tricky one!
your alternative could be to BD (lots) for the next few days - at least twice a day to lower the sperm count and BD through OV, or to release lots (without BDing) and to try and go for O+12

are you swaying in any other way? timing is the least important sway factor, so if you're doing loads of other stuff it might not matter at all when you do BD anyway

hollyberry7
June 28th, 2011, 01:00 PM
DH won't BD every day, so that's why we're doing EOD...bummer, I know. He also doesn't know that I'm trying to time it in order to conceive a girl. Since this is our first, he asked that we hold off on swaying until we TTC #2 since we're not sure what we'll end up with. Obviously, I'm thick-headed and still trying to stick to my plan :-) The only other thing I'm doing is the diet, no douching, no ions, etc.

Also, strangely enough, I don't really have EWCM this cycle, only creamy/stretchy...so that's a good sign! I almost always have EWCM.

rainbowflower
June 28th, 2011, 01:10 PM
EOD is the way that sways blue, so maybe for next cycle (if you don't get a BFP this one) you could try abstaining and having just one attempt near OV time?

maybe your diet is working well then if you have no EWCM!

I don't blame you, I think if I'd known about swaying the first time around I'd also have tried it ;)

hollyberry7
June 28th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Couldn't hurt, right?! Even if I O tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll still end up with about a 2-2.5 day cutoff...not bad right? The problem is not knowing how long my LH surge will last (this is my first month using OPKs). Maybe if it starts fading out tonight or tomorrow I can shot for an O+12?

rainbowflower
June 28th, 2011, 01:38 PM
good luck! I think you calculate O as (on average) 30hrs or something from the peak of your surge

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2011, 02:08 PM
We are now TTC and I'm trying to use the fade-in pattern on my OPKs to time BD. The test line was pretty faint up until last Friday when it started to get a little darker. The line darkened very gradually over the weekend through yesterday afternoon until I tested last night and it was extremely dark (positive). We BD on Friday and Sunday night, so not sure if I should BD tonight or not!!! I had a temp dip (97.18) on Monday morning and it rose a bit to 97.45 this morning, so I'm assuming this is O day - I'm feeling crampy, etc. I know timing isn't supposed to matter that much, but I'd still like to get it right! I've been on the diet for over 6 weeks now and have lost about 5-6 lbs. With that said, should I BD tonight for what seems like boy territory??? :nails:

Once your temp goes up the egg is dead (unless it's fertilized, of course!!)

You can TOTALLY feel crampy after O. Your tubes contract to move the egg to the uterus and your uterus itself is very tender because the lining is at its fullest point.

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2011, 02:10 PM
DH won't BD every day, so that's why we're doing EOD...bummer, I know. He also doesn't know that I'm trying to time it in order to conceive a girl. Since this is our first, he asked that we hold off on swaying until we TTC #2 since we're not sure what we'll end up with. Obviously, I'm thick-headed and still trying to stick to my plan :-) The only other thing I'm doing is the diet, no douching, no ions, etc.

Also, strangely enough, I don't really have EWCM this cycle, only creamy/stretchy...so that's a good sign! I almost always have EWCM.

That is a very good sign! KFX!!

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2011, 02:10 PM
EOD is the way that sways blue, so maybe for next cycle (if you don't get a BFP this one) you could try abstaining and having just one attempt near OV time?

maybe your diet is working well then if you have no EWCM!

I don't blame you, I think if I'd known about swaying the first time around I'd also have tried it ;)

I agree with RF! :agree: