PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Clear Blue Digital Ovulation sticks and CBFM reading.

belledandy
May 1st, 2014, 02:19 AM
Hi there, wondering when I might have ovulated based on two different OPKs. I used both the Clear Blue Digital Ovulation stick and CBFM and on Sunday, had a positive on the digital test stick but only a high on the monitor. Then on Monday, the digital test stick was negative but the monitor was at peak.

So I was a little confused when my LH surge happened and when my ovulation might have happened. We BDed on Sunday and then again on Tuesday. I had major cramps on Monday (but I don't usually have O cramps though...) and then nothing on Tuesday.

Any thoughts on why the differences and which I should go with? Thanks in advance!

maidentomother
May 3rd, 2014, 02:40 PM
I would guess Mon or Tue. Leaning Monday based on your cramps. Were you tracking CM at all? Was this your first month using the CBFM?

belledandy
May 3rd, 2014, 03:39 PM
I've been using the CBFM for a while (and for my first two successful pregnancies with my boys). I see a bit of a pattern though, that the digital stick usually seems more sensitive and picks up a day earlier and can continue for a day or two more and the CBFM is usually a day later for two days. CM turned creamy, cloudy Tuesday. I guess it's Monday then! In the 2WW now!

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Probably Monday and I thought I saw an update that you got BFP, if so congrats!