PDA

View Full Version : CBFM vs regular opks

hopper
May 1st, 2014, 06:40 PM
I'm just wondering which one would be the best route to go down. I've always used cheapie opks in the past and then CB digi opks to confirm O when I'm confused but the studying of lines (is that darker than the control line, have I missed it, etc and poas about 10 times a day!) really annoys me, I can't help it! I know the monitor and test sticks are expensive but we are planning on tracking my cycle for the rest of the year and starting ttc (a girl if that makes any difference) early next year so buying regular opks may well become expensive anyway! I just want to use the easiest method of tracking so that when time comes to actually make the attemot I'll be able to pinpoint O. Thanks so much!

6bluewant1pink
May 1st, 2014, 07:33 PM
The clear blue ones showed smiley but I never conceived using them. The cheap ones from Amazon and CVS help me conceive. Good luck!

Boysway
May 3rd, 2014, 12:04 PM
I use the cheapie OPK'S I honestly couldn't fault them. I've considered using the digital OPK's to confirm my OPK'S but my body has a tendency to have the LH trigger then decide not to release the egg. I can't justify spending money on a digital.

I try to test around 10-11 am, 2:30-3pm and around 6pm if I'm very close to a +OPK.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

maidentomother
May 3rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
Just use the cheapies until you get your (almost) positives, then back up with CB digitals. Cheap and easy. I have seen so many issues with the monitors, they cause more confusion IMO. Also, I don't know that there is much point in charting before you start your sway as the LE diet, if done properly, will likely mess up your cycles anyway. Now, doing the diet for 3 months prior to TTC and charting during that time, WILL help, if only to show you how unpredictable your cycle can be.

hopper
May 4th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the replies. I have decided to go with the cheapie opks for now. Am planning on buying a custom plan later today and slowly adjusting my diet as I wouldn't have very much to lose so can't really afford to start the LE diet so soon. The cheapie opks might give me an idea of when to expect O, I know that when we conceived both our boys it was the day I got a +opk. I want to track now so I know my safe days and not safe days, we won't be making our attempt til the new year and as I'm not on birth control I want to minimise chances of a happy accident ;)

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I prefer the cheapies. The CBFM has caused a ton of trouble for people.

The Anchor
May 6th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Totally vote for the cheapies. And you don't feel bad using 2 or 3 of them a day, lol.