PDA

View Full Version : Due in June/July/August 2014 - Labour Buddies?

bunnywabbit
May 3rd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Given recent circumstances with Pumpkin, does anyone think it's a good idea to have a 'labour buddy' so that we can keep the rest of the group updated in the case of any event?

I'm aware we live all over, so maybe have a think about which methods you'd want to be contacted by (text/email/facebook, etc). Is there anyone in particular you're already contacts/friends with you you'd rather team up with or not too worried? Also, bear in mind having a buddy who's due pretty much the same time as you may not be a good idea for obvious reasons! :oops:

Let me know if there's anything else missing from below which could be helpful:

Name:
Due date:
Buddy up with?:

Thanks for the idea, GreaseMonkey!

bunnywabbit
May 3rd, 2014, 11:33 AM
I'm in!

Name: Bunnywabbit
Due date: 24 June 2014
To be contacted by: Text/Facebook/Email
Buddy up with?: Anyone

maybebabythree
May 3rd, 2014, 05:22 PM
Me too!

Name - maybebabythree
Due date - 17/aug
Location - uk
Contacted by - email, Facebook
Buddy up with - anyone

GreaseMonkey
May 3rd, 2014, 08:37 PM
I'm in too :)

Name: Grease Monkey/Maria Eby
Due Date: August 19th
Buddy: Anyone

SamS_TTCPink
May 3rd, 2014, 09:38 PM
What a great idea!

aidansmum
May 4th, 2014, 01:02 AM
And me

Name: Aidansmum/Monica
Due Date: July 29
Buddy: Anyone (we need to pick a criteria for choosing our buddies?)

Thanks for doing this bunny x

bunnywabbit
May 4th, 2014, 03:24 AM
I'm in too :)

Name: Grease Monkey/Maria Eby
Due Date: August 19th
Buddy: Anyone

GreaseMonkey, are you going to be in the USA to have your baby or South Africa?

bunnywabbit
May 4th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Buddy: Anyone (we need to pick a criteria for choosing our buddies?)

Any ideas for criteria? Not too sure how to choose apart from not the same due date period (what should we say sounds sensible - maybe not within 2.5/3 weeks either side of due date?) and someone who's happy to be texted/added on FB/emailed. Open to any! What do you girls think?

Will it be an idea to wait for a little and get more responses and take it from there?

Further thought: would it be an idea to buddy up first come, first served if all 'criteria' works out?

GreaseMonkey
May 4th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I'm going to be in the US. I am leaving on the 13th of June :)

*I* personally will do the same thing I did with my youngest and update my FB account throughout the day. I love going back to his birthday and looking back at all the updates throughout the date AND I don't have to do a baby book by hand lol (yep, I am too lazy :P )

GreaseMonkey
May 4th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Not sure how many ladies have the luxury of updating every time throughout labor. Some might not be comfortable sharing anything at all other than I am headed to the hospital, water broke or something along those lines. It doesn't have to be a detailed one but I thought it would be nice to have the support and the good vibes and prayers from our group :)

bunnywabbit
May 4th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Not sure how many ladies have the luxury of updating every time throughout labor. Some might not be comfortable sharing anything at all other than I am headed to the hospital, water broke or something along those lines. It doesn't have to be a detailed one but I thought it would be nice to have the support and the good vibes and prayers from our group :)

That's what I thought. Some might just have time to send a pm via FB "oops, waters have gone!" which is fine! They can fill in as little or as much as they like - just an update on anything they feel, major or otherwise. I'm sure they'll be happy to fill in once they get home with baby (eventually!)

bunnywabbit
May 4th, 2014, 11:52 AM
I'm going to be in the US. I am leaving on the 13th of June :)

*I* personally will do the same thing I did with my youngest and update my FB account throughout the day. I love going back to his birthday and looking back at all the updates throughout the date AND I don't have to do a baby book by hand lol (yep, I am too lazy :P )

Before I got my BFP I spent a load of time looking for 'the perfect baby book' - I really wanted to do one for me/him. I've got it now (several months ago!) and keep meaning to start on it - it's on my 'to do' pile, along with packing my hospital bag (which I guess takes precedence). I *will* get it started before he's born :oops:

dreams529
May 4th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Please add me

Name: dreams529
Due Date: 7/26
To be contacted by: Facebook/email/text
Buddy up with: Anyone

aidansmum
May 4th, 2014, 06:31 PM
I don't have a big internet account on my mobile, meaning it cost a fortune, so I will update FB when I'm off to the hospital and maybe once or twice during labour and when bub is born, so my buddy will not be overloaded :)

I like the first come first served criteria, as long as due date is not too close. Is there anyone else from Australia here? I ask because it's now 8:30 am here and 6:30pm in most of America, so maybe a closer buddy (in time) would be better? I checked South Africa and you are 4 hours ahead of me Grease, want to be my buddy? Or if anyone from Aus is here, then it would be just ideal or when my water breaks and my buddy updates the baby will have been born lol

aidansmum
May 4th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Oh sorry Grease, I just saw you will also be in the US from June, so it is irrelevant when it comes to time. As our time gets closer we'll find a way.

I had an idea, don't know if it will work. I'm creating a FB closed group called Due Date Buddies June/July/August 2014 BUT I need someone to add to the group and I don't have any of you ladies on my FB. It will be a closed group so no one else can read what we write AND we can all be informed of what is going on with any of us at any time. How about that?
Do add me to your FB if you're in for it and I'll do it ASAP. :) After I add you let me know you if you'd like to be deleted from my list of friends and I'll do it, so you're in the group only. x

This is me
https://www.facebook.com/monyglen

maybebabythree
May 4th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Just messaged you audens mum x

GreaseMonkey
May 4th, 2014, 08:51 PM
AI, I will send you a FB friend request :)

P.S It looks like we have a mutual friend too

GreaseMonkey
May 4th, 2014, 08:56 PM
I can be buddies with multiple people too, I don't mind and my FB page is open to anyone who might not have a buddy or who wants to pair up :)

I have no life and nothing to do all day so I am on the internet pretty much 24/7...Pathetic I know :/

aidansmum
May 4th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Cool Grease! Small world! :)

Group created Due Date Buddies June/July/August 2014 on FB. There are a few, ours is the closed one with not many members, it's got a photo of me and my hubby, to make it easy to spot. See you all there! x

dreams529
May 4th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Aidansmum just sent you a friend request

Think I found the group & requested to join also.

bunnywabbit
May 5th, 2014, 12:07 AM
I can be buddies with multiple people too, I don't mind and my FB page is open to anyone who might not have a buddy or who wants to pair up :)

I have no life and nothing to do all day so I am on the internet pretty much 24/7...Pathetic I know :/

Ditto! x

aidansmum
May 5th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Girls, please do let me know if you'd like to be deleted from my friend's list, I won't take offence, I know some people like to keep their FB's friend list short. Please, just say 'group only' and I will delete you from friends list straight away. :)

menlc611
May 13th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Aidansmum I just sent you a friend request.. Could you please add me?

bunnywabbit
May 13th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Menlc, have you been added yet? x

menlc611
May 14th, 2014, 06:21 PM
No bunny, not yet!

from2to3
August 4th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Gosh, I just saw this thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk