PDA

View Full Version : Depo Shot and IVF

mis2ninos
June 29th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Dr. P,

I got my first Depo shot in May this year. The side effects are horrendous and I will not be getting another shot. Afterwards I read up on the shot that it affects the lining of the uterus and that the medicine is very long acting. I am hoping to begin pre testing for IVF around April 2012, will this be ok or should I wait longer for the effects to completely wear off?

Also, I will begin BCP in August, Desogen. How close to cycling or pre testing should I stop taking BCP?

Thank you.

Dr. Potter
July 8th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Dr. P,

I got my first Depo shot in May this year. The side effects are horrendous and I will not be getting another shot. Afterwards I read up on the shot that it affects the lining of the uterus and that the medicine is very long acting. I am hoping to begin pre testing for IVF around April 2012, will this be ok or should I wait longer for the effects to completely wear off?

Also, I will begin BCP in August, Desogen. How close to cycling or pre testing should I stop taking BCP?

Thank you.You can stop 1 or 2 months before having your testing. It will have completely worn off by April 2012.