PDA

View Full Version : IG

gizmo77
June 29th, 2011, 02:23 PM
from what ive been reading on here, some ppl are still active on IG. just curious..why? have any of you been finding anymore useful info on there? and do you still get monkeys?

fivebabies
June 29th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I think there's more action over there...at least more people on at a time....? More postings I think.

LolaInLove
June 29th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I haven't logged on in quite a while, but I like the more laid-back approach on this site. Plus, it seems more effective also. Lots more ladies falling pg so I think the methods are not hindering people conceiving. I did get pure monkeys last time.

Yuzu
June 29th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I got an automated email from IG asking me to renew my gold membership. Uh, no. I still get the chimps all the time and frankly I like it better here.

zanacal
June 30th, 2011, 02:25 AM
I have never been a member of IG but I do occasionally browse the posts over there and I find some of the responses shocking - 'the answer is x' (no explanation) or 'you must do y'. I much prefer the information you get here and the encouragement we get to do what suits each of us individually. I do recognise lots of the user names over there though!!

Roonarpia
June 30th, 2011, 01:47 PM
I go there sometimes to look at NUBS for people...I don't get monkeys as much but I like this site much better

LolaInLove
June 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I have never been a member of IG but I do occasionally browse the posts over there and I find some of the responses shocking - 'the answer is x' (no explanation) or 'you must do y'. I much prefer the information you get here and the encouragement we get to do what suits each of us individually. I do recognise lots of the user names over there though!!

TOTALLY! I hated the curt answers. I want to know why! Thankfully we have this awesome site and community where we are all about sharing the knowledge...and the love!

TTC5
July 2nd, 2011, 03:45 AM
I hardly ever got replies over there and now I really dispise the strict protocols of swaying!

ELP
July 2nd, 2011, 03:47 AM
I still go over there smetimes, mainly to send people over here:agree:

TTC5
July 2nd, 2011, 03:48 AM
LOL ELP!!!

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
Oh, there is def. useful info on there. They have a 4 year headstart on us!!

T. is a super kind person who would give you the shirt off her back, she just has a funny way of expressing herself at times and is probably kinda burned out on the whole thing.

I do think there's more chit-chat/friendship stuff over there and I miss that. I wish people posted more about their day to day lives here like they did on IG.

Some of my good friends are IG lifers and will never leave IG - I hardly ever go over there any more because computer hijinks are super annoying to me and I"m in touch with most of them on FB anyway, but I still occasionally drop in from time to time when someone tells me about an exciting thread.

Zivic-Bubac
July 4th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I've tried to log in few days ago and I couldn't :confused: I mean wtf? I guess I was punished for inviting people over here :rofl:

annabel♥lee
July 4th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I still go over there if I'm searching for something specific. I don't go on there to browse the forums anymore, though. I got tired of the monkeys. I was so relieved when I found this place!! :)

CrystalTipps
July 4th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I sometimes go on IG just to be nosy. I much prefer it here, though. I dunno, I was always a bit suspicious of Maureen's motives. Also I like the fact that there is a private area of this site for HT. It means that our very personal posts cannot be pulled up in someone's random Google search.

lindi
July 5th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I sometimes go on IG just to be nosy. I much prefer it here, though. I dunno, I was always a bit suspicious of Maureen's motives. Also I like the fact that there is a private area of this site for HT. It means that our very personal posts cannot be pulled up in someone's random Google search.

Yes, I also like the privacy here. Its weird to think that anybody in the world would be able to see how many eggs I had retrieved... some things need a private forum!

LolaInLove
July 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Atomic, I bet she got burnt out! The ttc forums became "Tamara, HELP!" every other post. I think there were just so many people on there and not a very comprehensive "starter's guide" so everyone had a million questions.

gizmo77
July 5th, 2011, 02:31 PM

whats teh difference between maureen and tamara?

nuthinbutpink
July 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Tamara is the swaying person and Maureen owns and is responsible for the site.

Zivic-Bubac
July 6th, 2011, 03:04 AM

I LOVE your question! :rofl: I often thought it was the same person LOL!

CrystalTipps
July 6th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I would love to know what happened, though. Maureen made it mandatory to sign up for Gold Membership in order to send PMs, no sooner had she done that the whole system was broken.

I can see why people thought it was a scam...

Sassy
July 10th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I started over there and found the same as others, the short replies if any at all. This site has a much lighter, more inviting feeling. Having said that, they do have a lot of great info - but there is more IN DEPTH info here. I felt very relieved to find this site!

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2011, 11:45 AM

You know, not to gossip (teehee) but a lot of people were really angry with us for that at first. There were some malcontents that were going around saying we were starting this site to make money, etc. NO, the only reason why we made some areas for members only is to keep out the HORRIBLE trolling that was going on at IG. Some of those trolls were absolutely vicious.

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Atomic, I bet she got burnt out! The ttc forums became "Tamara, HELP!" every other post. I think there were just so many people on there and not a very comprehensive "starter's guide" so everyone had a million questions.

She did, I know that for a fact. She also has a full time job and three children that she homeschools so who can blame her. Some of us have tried to help her at times but I got burned out on it only after a few months and I LOVE to talk about swaying. That is why I designed the swaying section the way I did, so the info would be more indepth, easier to understand, and possibly answer q's before they're asked, because I know that in 4 years from now I'm not going to be wanting to answer the same Q 47 times either.

lindi
July 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I guess I have a basic question about IG- how did it start? Maureen wanted a place for people going through HT I can imagine because she did that, but how did Tamara com on board with the swaying stuff and where did all of that research come from initially? Maureen?

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2011, 11:54 AM

Hahahaha that made me LOL. I promise you T and Maureen are two totally different people. Tamara has no idea what is going on either and I think of anyone who was affected by the events that transpired, she has been hurt the worst by far. :(

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I would love to know what happened, though. Maureen made it mandatory to sign up for Gold Membership in order to send PMs, no sooner had she done that the whole system was broken.

I can see why people thought it was a scam...

Yes, and I feel TERRIBLE for that. I urged people to go Gold (and I can be quite persuasive unfortunately) and bought some gift memberships for people who couldn't afford them, as did a lot of other long-time IGers and then the whole thing fell to crap right away. I was actually kinda concerned that I could be investigated by the police TBH!!!

I know a lot of people don't believe this but NONE of us know what happened. The Maureen I knew was a totally together, reliable, kind person and I completely trusted her. She hadn't been around very much, but we just thought she had been busy and every so often she would stop by and fix things. Then, NOTHING.

The only reason why PMs went gold was because of the trolls. The day before PMs went gold, there was a troll attack where one woman who had lost an infant son was told that she was a pedophile and another lady who had posted her son's picture got a message threatening her son with things that I don't even want to repeat here. All this stuff was going on behind the scenes and most of the IG members didn't know about them but that was the ONLY reason why they went Gold.

I really do think that even though it makes no sense, Maureen was probably just so burned out on IG she could hardly stand it, then she made PM's Gold and something went wrong and it broke, and she either couldn't fix it or didn't want to. A couple people were starting rumors about Gold being a scam and too many people were listening, and I'm sure it felt very insulting to her so I guess she just gave up. I have no clue what she was thinking though, taking people's money and not even telling the Mods what was going on, even people she had been friends with for a long time.

The worst thing was the stuff that happened afterwards because the lack of info and rumors, it destroyed some friendships and allowed some people who get their jollies from spreading rumors and lies to run rampant and hurt a lot of innocent people who really did love IG. :(

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I guess I have a basic question about IG- how did it start? Maureen wanted a place for people going through HT I can imagine because she did that, but how did Tamara com on board with the swaying stuff and where did all of that research come from initially? Maureen?

I wasn't there in the early days but it started as a spinoff from another board where some of the long-timers all met - I think it was on Babycenter. They had GD and back then, GD was even less known and talked about than it is now. HT for gender selection was only just getting started, that wasn't their motivation at that time. Maureen had the technical prowess so she started the IG board which at the time was JUST gender disappointment, to provide a safe place for people going through GD. Then it grew from there.

Tamara was just one of several people who worked on and researched swaying methods. There was a biologist which is where a lot of the studies originally came from, and a lady from France who translated the French Gender Diet into English for everyone and a lot of others too. Maureen also did some awesome research and you can read that in the IG homepage and in her blog, if you ever go there. Over time, they put some of the different theories on swaying all together, timing, pH, diet, ions, etc. (except the ones that I found later on) and eventually that became the FAQ.

lindi
July 10th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I wasn't there in the early days but it started as a spinoff from another board where some of the long-timers all met - I think it was on Babycenter. They had GD and back then, GD was even less known and talked about than it is now. HT for gender selection was only just getting started, that wasn't their motivation at that time. Maureen had the technical prowess so she started the IG board which at the time was JUST gender disappointment, to provide a safe place for people going through GD. Then it grew from there.

Tamara was just one of several people who worked on and researched swaying methods. There was a biologist which is where a lot of the studies originally came from, and a lady from France who translated the French Gender Diet into English for everyone and a lot of others too. Maureen also did some awesome research and you can read that in the IG homepage and in her blog, if you ever go there. Over time, they put some of the different theories on swaying all together, timing, pH, diet, ions, etc. (except the ones that I found later on) and eventually that became the FAQ.

I couldn't find maureen's blog, which I am curious about but I just read the first few entries of Tamara's blog and that answered a LOT- IG was sort of just a site with info and links to message boards and one forum to post on about GD. But I guess Tamara took the link to the babycenter gender determination (or something like that) board, out of a desire to figure out why shettles didn't work, and there were lots of women wondering the same thing. She met the women on that board who thought up O+12, and the TBM. She sort of conferred with them during her own journey to sway and learned about the effects of diet and wanted to make a TTC boy cook book and got the translation of the french book from someone who spoke french. Then she started incorporating that and met a woman who was a believer in the at home sperm sorting stuff and bought a centrifuge and incubator and decided to use as part of her sway too. She went though some difficulties TTC and had lots of time to do research and had some people translate some chinese information about how to do the modified swim up stuff, and used all of those tools- now incorporating her research on ions and hormones and all the swaying factors and so I think she took this information back to IG where at this point there were now 2 boards, one for trying to get a specific gender and one for GD.
IN case anyone else is curious! I get the impression it started as a very sweet website trying to help people with only the best of intentions. I doubt there is any kind of master scheme to get money throug the gold thing. Its too bad Maureen couldn't provide an explanation to the members, since the early days of the site seem to be so good intentioned.

LolaInLove
July 11th, 2011, 11:44 AM
She did, I know that for a fact. She also has a full time job and three children that she homeschools so who can blame her. Some of us have tried to help her at times but I got burned out on it only after a few months and I LOVE to talk about swaying. That is why I designed the swaying section the way I did, so the info would be more indepth, easier to understand, and possibly answer q's before they're asked, because I know that in 4 years from now I'm not going to be wanting to answer the same Q 47 times either.

Absolutely, and your essays and stickies on this site are INCREDIBLE! I feel that the newbies here don't find the need to ask a million questions anymore.