PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you were me?

4BlueLooking4Pink
May 6th, 2014, 11:26 PM
My history:

4 healthy pregnancies (all boys)
2 chemical pregnancies (lost before 5 weeks)
1 healthy pregnancy (boy)
2 chemicals (1 lost before 5 weeks and 1 I'm waiting to lose now... 5wk point would be today)

So, I'm feeling pretty upset today because I had a beta to confirm what I already expected... that I'm going to have a miscarriage.

More than anything I want a healthy baby. I have 5 boys and would gladly take another. (of course I would like a girl but my losses have put gender on the back burner of "it doesn't matter").

Where would you go from here? Dh is frustrated because he doesn't want to see me hurt. Even suggesting maybe we "call it good" so to speak. I am NOT ready for that. We'll take a few months off for sure. I don't know if we'll ever offically ttc again... moreso we'll just not try but not prevent.

Do you think there is anything I can do to help try to prevent these early losses? I don't know if they're genetic issues or implantation issues or what. I want to be proactive about it but I don't plan to do a bunch of testing. I had the regular blood tests done (cd3, cd21, etc) after my first two losses and nothing stood out to be an issue. Also, I had someone suggest that maybe I can't carry girls (gee thanks, that's what I want to hear right now) but is there any truth to that even?!?

I don't know what to think or where to go from here.

6bluewant1pink
May 7th, 2014, 12:12 AM
Sorry for your loss :( I pray your next pregnancy is a healthy one and you get a healthy baby girl:heart:

WantingPink
May 7th, 2014, 01:43 AM
I am so sorry you are going through the losses. I think it is doubtful that you cant carry girls. Sometimes I think it is easy to forget how fragile the very early stages of PG are. From what I understand an early loss (like a chemical) is often an implantation issue or issue with the placenta forming. These things just happen and often there really isn't an explanation. You could start taking prenatal pills and there are some companies out there that offer products (supplements) which are suppose to increase egg quality however, I really don't know how effective or necessary they are.

I know it is hard and that as women we get attached to the life inside us the second we see those two lines. I really do believe that everything happens for a reason and maybe your little girl is just taking her time to get to you. Maybe Atomic can chime in on better advice on early losses and if there is a reason or something specific you can do. Don't blame yourself... it isn't your fault!!

SamS_TTCPink
May 7th, 2014, 02:50 AM
I have no advice but I'm so sorry for your losses, it's a tough road to travel. Praying your next BFP results in a sticky little pink bean. x

angielorna
May 12th, 2014, 08:08 AM
I'm very sorry to hear of losses. I, myself, have had 3. 2 m/c, a healthy pregnancy, a 2nd trimester m/c, a healthy pregnancy. After my third m/c, we went for genetic testing to ensure it wasn't a genetic/chromosomal influence. Thank goodness everything came back "normal" because 3 days after I got my results I also found out I was pregnant. I've heard baby aspirin can help, but I'm not sure on dosage.

With my last pregnancy I had an amazing OB who did blood draws every other day from BFP until my levels were enough that something would be seen on u/s, sent me and then put me immediately on progesterone until 12 weeks.

With your losses being so early, I would suggest speaking to your doctor about genetic testing and baby aspirin. I know a lady who had 4 consecutive m/c, started baby aspirin and finally got her baby.

It's such a hard, heartbreaking journey. I hope you find some answers and your next BFP be a healthy, sticky bean.

Angie

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2014, 10:28 AM
I'm so sorry - I don't have much in the way of advice but I can tell you that there is no known way that "you can't carry girls" and that idea is just an old wives' tale http://genderdreaming.com/forum/swaying-studies-scientific-research/824-you-cant-carry-baby-gender.html

nuthinbutpink
May 16th, 2014, 11:23 AM
How old are you?

carmella_marie
May 16th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I was going to ask the same thing as nbp-- how old are you? Age could play a role in your loses