PDA

View Full Version : Any tattooed Mama's here?? Or thinking about getting inked?

DoulaMama
June 30th, 2011, 01:00 AM
I have 3:) I have a tree frog on my ankle, a butterfly on my back(both done at 17...can you tell??? :rofl:) and a large Polynesian set of wings scrawled across my lower back. I said I would never do it again...that was 12 years ago...I've changed my mind :wink: I'm looking at getting a large fairy sitting on a toadstool in the middle of my upper back/neck area as well as my kids incorporated into the tattoo somehow...maybe a certain flower for each or names written into the leaves of the vines I plan on having coming away from the fairy, across my shoulders/back. I'm so excited to start it in a few years!
All my tats are black so I can't wait for a really colourful tattoo:) And to top it off my 60 year old mother is going to come with me when I get mine done...and get one herself! :bigsmile:

Any other inked GD'ers ???

3boys
June 30th, 2011, 06:26 AM
I have butterflies on my back! I was 20 when I had them done though LOL

purplepoet20
June 30th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I have a celtic tribal one on my upper left arm... black with little bits of purple! I am going to get it redone and have it go around my arm and then either have my kids first names added or just the letter of their first names.

I want another tat but sometimes I really only like the one beacuase I can hide it if I go to work or church.

Glittergirl
June 30th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I don't have any thank God--I say that cause all the ones I ever thought of having....I look back and think so glad I didn't go through with it. I kinda want one now--something that has to do with my kids that way I probably wont get tired of it. But I change my mind so often and get tired of things so quickly that I don't think I'm a good candidate! But I love looking at others' tats--especially the colorful ones!

Out of the Blue
June 30th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I don't have any thank God--I say that cause all the ones I ever thought of having....I look back and think so glad I didn't go through with it. I kinda want one now--something that has to do with my kids that way I probably wont get tired of it. But I change my mind so often and get tired of things so quickly that I don't think I'm a good candidate! But I love looking at others' tats--especially the colorful ones!

That's exactly why I don't have one! I'm way too indecisive. I really wish a had just one really sweet one that I'd love forever but I keep changing my mind...I also love looking at other people's. My friend in college had a little boy reaching up and catching a star w/a butterfly net. It was on her left shoulder. It was really cute.

4ofakind
July 10th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I have 5 and looking to expand to maybe one more and need to add to an existing one. I had my first one on my shoulder blade of my favourite animal in colour, next was a chinese symbol that means eternity and my DH name underneath, next was just an arty/swirly one across my lower back, then I have butterlflies on my thigh with 3 of my girls names (this is the one I need to add too as it doesn't have my youngest DD on it yet) and my last one is lower torso.

Tattoos are either something you love or dislike. I personally love them and found them highly addictive. I don't regret any of mine at all.

Princess of Pink
July 30th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I have 3....a large baby dragon with a rose hanging out of his mouth on my belly in blues and purples......a blue rose on my foot with a purple butterfly sitting on it and my husbands name with 7 little stars for the babies we have lost (one set of twins)......and on the inside my left wrist I have the chinese symbol for daughter with mist rising up from it and 5 butterflies in purple, green, pink, blue and yellow...to represent my 5 girls.

LolaInLove
July 30th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I have 2 of them, both black and gray....my family crest on my back and on the outside of my leg by my ankle, I have a huge one with my girl's names and their birth flowers which I drew myself (and the tat artist tweaked to look good on the spot it's in)....I LOVE it and get so many compliments. It's about 4 inches tall. If and when I have another child, I plan to get something with his or her name on my left arm somewhere, probably the inner wrist.

I love how tats are not so out of the norm anymore. I have a couple of friends with sleeves of them (women) and they are AWESOME. I could not do that, but I love how people don't freak about them anymore.

I say DO IT to anyone wanting one with your child's names, because that is pretty much the most lasting and significant thing you could ever have in your life, so if you choose a really beautiful design, you will never get sick of it.

waterhardeningsteel
January 16th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I am planning to get my daughter's name tattoed under my collarbone

3Pink1Blue
January 16th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I have 2 as well, a rose on my left shoulder blade and a daisy chain around my ankle. I'm planning to get the flowers colored to my kids birthstones but wanted to wait till we were done to do it.

Hobbermittens
January 16th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I never got a tattoo... but I have considered it many times! My problem is, I can't think of anything I would still like a few years down the road. DH has a bunch, though. He even has 2 that I designed. He is currently planning one that will incorporate all the kids' names. I told him he has t wait until #4 is born so we can add all the names at once. :)

Cinss
January 16th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I have 1 under my hip, it is an A with a + over the top and a C over the top again, so it looks like a cross with a moon and rays coming down. I designed it as a family symbol as me and my mum have names that start with C, and my dad and brother have names that start with A. I was lucky enough to meet my DP who also has an A name, we called our first DD an A name and our second child will have a C name, so it is quite fitting for me. A+C

Wanting a daughter
January 19th, 2012, 07:37 AM
My design is at the tatt studio ready to go but I've put it off until we finish having babies. It's called gothic lace and it just a gorgeous arty design perfect for lower back.

auroara78
January 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I don't have one, mainly because of what out of the blue and glittergal say...I would get tired of it!

My husband has one on his chest he got when he was in the Marines back in 1999. It's a yin-ying. The baby is always trying to "grab" it off his chest!

xokatietatie
January 19th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I've got a big ol' collage on my back -- celtic knots, sparrows, lyrics to my favorite hymn (it's actually just two celtic tattoos from years ago and then a third tattoo done around the two, but it is always so hard to explain it so I say collage). I also have celtic knot work on top of both feet. I'm a BIG FAN of tattoos, probably going to get more next year.

LolaInLove
January 19th, 2012, 11:44 AM
My DH and I just got matching ones on our left wrists that are our initials wrapped together.

Tats aren't for everyone....but if you get one, for sure get something that is meaningful. You can't go wrong with anything devoted to your babies.

Katie, your back collage sounds awesome!

xokatietatie
January 20th, 2012, 08:09 AM
It took some searching, but I found a picture. I knew I had one!

I've got my claddagh, top center. It was my first tattoo.

Then I have my motherhood knot directly below. I got it after I got my feet done. My feet are knots as well, but I don't think I have a picture of them.

Then you have the rest of it. It took two different two hour sessions to do. I got it in memory of my great-grandmother who passed away 5 years ago. Her name was Birdella, but everyone called her Birdie... and when she passed we sang the hymn "His eye is on the sparrow" at her funeral. I got the birds and lyrics because of that hymn and her name. She was the greatest woman on Earth, and if I am ever blessed with a daughter I will name her after my great-grandmother. The tattoo artist also added a little bit of yellow shading behind the original knot tattoos, and if you look carefully you can see it is like an angel.

LolaInLove
January 20th, 2012, 10:15 AM
AH-MAZING!!!!!! Love your story, too! Here's to a little Birdie coming into your life soon!

xokatietatie
January 21st, 2012, 11:01 AM
AH-MAZING!!!!!! Love your story, too! Here's to a little Birdie coming into your life soon!

Thank you :happy:

sis4O
January 25th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Wow, very pretty! Tattoos do not tickle!! I got one in a very weak moment very low, near pubic bone, not noticible in a bikini. It's a pink flower with blue green leaves and the Chinese symbol for strength. It's really small. Every time I have a baby the nurses all comment how they love it. I tell them I was not of sound mind, but truthfully it's kinda cool. It hurt like a.......well you know what!

HappyLea
January 25th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I had 2 tattoo's done when i was very young and regret now. I had a black tribal dragon on my right shoulder blade when i was 13 (everyone said it looked like a palm tree) and then when i was 15 i had a unicorn flying over my belly button. What was i thinking??!!

Well i hated the one on my shoulder so much before christmas i decided to have it covered up and i actually wanted the cover up to mean something, so i now have 3 lillies covering it, one to represent each of my boys :)

The one on my tummy will stay only DH and I see it and it makes us laff when pregnant as the unicorn grows in size also :rofl:

TT_3814
January 29th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I got one for my 17th birthday, a small butterfly on the back of my right shoulder. Then 10 years later, another butterfly with sparkles behind it on my shoulder, then a bigger butterfly with vines across my lower back. I still love them and don't regret them at all. :)