PDA

View Full Version : Gender needle test

Zivic-Bubac
June 30th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Here are the instructions
http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/needle.htm

It's showing me :xy: next, which is correct answer :bigsmile: but I'm not sure how much gentle, unwilling movements of hand can influence....

TTC5
June 30th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Did it work for your previous pregs Z?

purplepoet20
June 30th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I have only done this while pregnant never thought about doing it before a pregnancy... I am going to go get what I need from the sewing room now!

Out of the Blue
June 30th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I remember trying this just for fun when I was preg w/both of my boys...straight lines all the way! I just tried it and it was definitely circles...Let's hope it works, lol!

purplepoet20
June 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I little sad now... it showed

my stillborn 1998 (6mths gest)- faint BOY line - I knew that from when he was born :SS:

my m/c 2007 - faint GIRL line - :sad:

3rd preg - strong BOY line - yes he is all boy

4th preg - faint girl line and a strong boy line - :think: does that mean DS2 had a twin sister. I did the wedding ring test over my belly every week during the first 15wks of preg and it did the same thing, but after 20 wks it only did a line.

5th preg - strong girl line and a faint boy line - does that mean twins but loosing one :SS: I will take a boy and a girl. I don't want to hear twins and then loose one because that would kill me.

6th preg ??? - faint boy line - I don't know if I would try to get preg again.

I stopped because arm was tired but the needle started to move again :suprise:

I wonder if a faint circle or line means a m/c???

After an hour I did this again and it showed a very small 2-3 second stop between the circle and line on pregnancy 4... 5wks before conceiving DS2 my IUD did fall out with a lot of blood and my OB Dr said it was possible that I was pregnant and m/c and that caused the IUD to come out too. So I am thinking that is the faint circle that is showing up.

DoulaMama
June 30th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I did this test about 2 years ago:) It said BBGB. Exactly how I thought my family make-up would be :D And then I had DS3.....I was shocked to say the least. I really did think that he was a girl. Now I'm very skeptical of the ring thing... I had my hubby tie the ring and needle(2 different times) to an immobile object and held my hand under to see what would happen. It was totally still and only moved when my breath hit it. So now I'm not a believer:(

Roonarpia
June 30th, 2011, 01:34 PM
It worked for me! I did it before I got pregnant and when I was newly pregnant. it said:
GIRL-abortion at age 17
GIRL-miscarriage
BOY-I knew I was pregnant this time but was never sure I had a miscarriage it was so early but got a + preg test from the doc...
GIRL-my 9 year old
GIRL-my 7 year old
BOY-miscarriage
GIRL-My 4 year old
BOY-this pregnancy and it was right! It stopped after this.

I had my hubby do it to me and it did the same thing! Then I did it to him and it did the same thing!

My BFF did it too and it was totally right for her too, AND her hubby!! This was the only OWT that surprised me!! :)

Zivic-Bubac
July 1st, 2011, 03:24 AM
Did it work for your previous pregs Z?
It did, which gives me high hopes it will work for :pray::DS:

TTC5
July 1st, 2011, 04:53 AM
I did this test about 2 years ago:) It said BBGB. Exactly how I thought my family make-up would be :D And then I had DS3.....I was shocked to say the least. I really did think that he was a girl. Now I'm very skeptical of the ring thing... I had my hubby tie the ring and needle(2 different times) to an immobile object and held my hand under to see what would happen. It was totally still and only moved when my breath hit it. So now I'm not a believer:(

That makes sense though, I mean the needle/ring is going to move no matter how still we think we are... our pulse probably has something to do with it, along with breathing etc..

aabroo
July 1st, 2011, 04:00 PM
It was correct for me!:bigsmile:

begonia
July 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
OK I gave in and tried it ... it gave me GGB. The 1st two are clearly right. The B we just don't know about at this point. I'm totally not a believer in OWT (I'm definitely with you DM) but I'd like to think this one is dead on, LOL :bigsmile:

FWIW I tried it 4 different times and got the same result. How weird is that?!? I expected it would say something different each time.

purplepoet20
July 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Did it on hubby... didn't tell him what to look for so he would be thining boy or girl thoughts. His showed G(m/c) B(DS1) G(m/c) B (DS2) G (#3 please) and then another B (possable twin, hard to tell). I stopped it after that so I do not know it was going to start again.

princesssarah34
July 31st, 2011, 09:52 PM
I did this too......the first time I was pg with ds4 which we lost at six months.
But the 1st time it was BBBG....which was right for the 1st 3...but wrong on the last...except when we found out ds4 was a boy it changed to BBBB.
So I have been playing with it again and it now says BBBBGG the first 4 are now right....and is showing GG which would be fine with me except I wasn't planning in a 6th pregnancy....so maybe twins (they run in the family).
And from what I have been told the needle will show you births live or ms....and then with start all over again.
So like mine goes...BBBBGG and stops and starts over showing BBBBGG again .
I did it over hubby this time too....and his shows BBBGG....my 1st B is not his child! So it shows BBBBGG for me and BBBGG for him......so you never know...or bodies are designed amazingly and we do give off energy we can't see....so who knows....it is still fun to do though!!

XXdreaming
August 1st, 2011, 12:26 AM
I have never heard of this and thought I would give it a try and after the results I really think its all in my head lol it said

1st- boy (right)
2nd- boy(right)
3rd-boy(don't know m/c)
4th-boy(don't know m/c)
5th-boy(right)
6th-boy(don't know m/c)
7th-boy(right)
8th-boy(don't know m/c)
9th-girl/boy(I only dream lol)
10th-girl/boy(impossible since I promised to tie my tubes after my next baby)

So my next pregnancy is either b/g twins or its gg tomboy twins lol but it circled and then lined it never paused between then it stopped and did it again, so I am skeptical because I wish my next was b/g twins lol and gg twins would be even better, but its like that is too good to be true yk?

begonia
August 1st, 2011, 09:40 AM
so you never know...or bodies are designed amazingly and we do give off energy we can't see....so who knows....it is still fun to do though!!

I agree with this ... I do wonder if it picks up on DESIRE though... not what will necessarily come true but what we hope for, at least with the future children. It is way fun to do though, ITA!

XXdreaming
August 1st, 2011, 07:33 PM
so I tried it on dh and it did nothing, waited and waited and nothing :( yeah he thought I was bonkers lmao

Flava
August 3rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Ok I did it too yesterday afternoon and again at night and got the same result. Man my hand hurts to hold it so long!
Anyway I don't think a needle can pic up desire? Plus I don't want 2 more kids lol so for sure it's not my desire but it shows 2 more for me.:suprise:
And I hold it for minutes after that but it did not moved anymore.

anyway here is mine:

B (don't know we lost it)
G (don't know , lost)
G- DD1
G-DD2
B (don't know, lost)
G-DD3
B (don't know , lost msu baby)
B (don't know, lost msu baby)
G (don't know ,lost msu baby)
B ( don't know , lost msu baby)
G-DD4
B (don't know lots it)
B

According to this I would have a nice mix huh?

purplepoet20
August 3rd, 2011, 10:25 AM
Ok I did it too yesterday afternoon and again at night and got the same result. Man my hand hurts to hold it so long!
Anyway I don't think a needle can pic up desire? Plus I don't want 2 more kids lol so for sure it's not my desire but it shows 2 more for me.:suprise:

anyway here is mine:

G (don't know , lost)
G- DD1
G-DD2
B (don't know, lost)
G-DD3
G-DD4
B
B
don't have the last 2 yet so no clue lol

HMM... 2 boys :bigsmile: Where did you hear that before!

Flava
August 3rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
HMM... 2 boys :bigsmile: Where did you hear that before!

lol right you told me:bigsmile: but you wasn't sure about one of it . Anyway it is funny , right? Well I just hope I get 1 for sure.

begonia
August 3rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
Well Flava that seals the deal, you HAVE to go through with TTC this fall :happy:

It really is a crazy thing though. Mine keeps coming up GGB and I can't tell you how many times I've done it. In fact when I'm having a low moment and feeling like this will be girl #3 I pull out the needle again :rofl: Whatever gets me through this whole not-finding-out business I am all for, true or not!

begonia
August 3rd, 2011, 08:04 PM
so I tried it on dh and it did nothing, waited and waited and nothing :( yeah he thought I was bonkers lmao

Oh my DH would FOR SURE think I was NUTS! LOL! No way am I trying it on him. I might ask my best friend if I can do it on her though, she already knows I'm nuts and is OK with it :wink:

Flava
August 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Same here I did not try on DH he already think Im nuts for thinking to ttc one more time. Now just imagine if I show up with a needle?:rofl:

purplepoet20
August 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I would love to try this on a friend who is 3mths preg... she knows about the swaying! I wish I had some supportive friends near by so I could test this out. I like the idea of doing it without someone knowing what to look for so they don't think thoughts.

Has anyone tried it on there kids?

purplepoet20
August 4th, 2011, 12:58 PM
lol right you told me:bigsmile: but you wasn't sure about one of it . Anyway it is funny , right? Well I just hope I get 1 for sure.

Were you thinking boy thoughts or open to whatever?

begonia
August 4th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Purple I got too ... weirded out... to try it on my girls. They are so little I think that the thought of them having babies makes me crazy! Did you try it on your boys?

purplepoet20
August 4th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I did it on DS1 and it shows a B and G... he couldn't sit still for very long but that is what I feel when I look at him..... Crazy thing is I can see my grankids already but I can't see my own!

Flava
August 4th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Were you thinking boy thoughts or open to whatever?

ummm I don't know...of course Im hoping for a boy but I was just more interested what it going to show you know...

and you just must get a girl for sure! You have all my pink dust already so hope it helps it's sooo much lol.

princesssarah34
September 7th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Ok ladies I know this is a old wives tale but I totally need to know if anyone has done this one early on......and showed GB in the order....done both over the wrist and belly? Has anyone tried this with twins?? I am freaking myself out a little bit!! :rofl: Actually just really curious about how it comes out with twins?

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 08:28 PM
OK I gave in and tried it ... it gave me GGB. The 1st two are clearly right. The B we just don't know about at this point. I'm totally not a believer in OWT (I'm definitely with you DM) but I'd like to think this one is dead on, LOL :bigsmile:

FWIW I tried it 4 different times and got the same result. How weird is that?!? I expected it would say something different each time.

Well it was wrong for me ... but still, looks like it has worked for lots of others!

purplepoet20
October 25th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I was bored and decided to try it again... everything was nearly the same so I hope it is right about my girl being next.

pinga
October 26th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I did this with my last pregnancy and it said girl.... but he is all BOY.... so didn't work for me... :P

Flava
November 1st, 2011, 01:43 PM

anyway here is mine:

G (don't know , lost)
G- DD1
G-DD2
B (don't know, lost)
G-DD3
G-DD4
B
B
don't have the last 2 yet so no clue lol

Now that I lost one after DD4 I tried this test again and it is the same.Really hard to d it for me because I have to hold it so long 13 times the needle goes! And I wait and wait for it to move again as long as I can but it won't move.
So looks like I have 1 more left and the test shows boy. If it just would be true....

purplepoet20
November 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM
You can do it Flava!

CapricornAquarius
November 1st, 2011, 08:42 PM
Gave it to my elderst daughter to hold it over my belly, i didnt tell her which way means what, cause i know she wants another sister, & it was going in a straight line.
But when i did it, it went in a circle, so who knows!
My sister did it when she was pregnant & it went in a straight line & she's had a girl a month ago.
I remember work friends did it when i was pregnant with my elderst & it also swayed straight
I really think its our movement & breathing, but still fun to do.

Sparkle
January 8th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Wrong for me.said this baby is girl but he is all boy

auroara78
January 10th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I'm hoping it's right for me, I did a variation of this, the pencil test (same idea, same thing, a needle but put through a pencil) and it has repeatedly told me B B G B (I wasn't going to try for a fourth pregnancy...) So I am sooooo hoping this is my little girl, but sounds like it's right 50% of the time!

Here's hoping!

Purplepoet, I don't know why, but I have always envisioned my DS1 having two daughters....I don't know why I think that, but I see it very clearly!

purplepoet20
January 10th, 2012, 11:09 AM
It is crazy when you look at your child and have a feeling about what they would have... I feel like DS1 will have a pigeon pair and that is it. DS2 will have 2B's. But the oddest thing is I feel like there will be an extra 2g's added to my family, maybe from my #3.

mrsrb
October 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM
going to give this a go!

Hobbermittens
October 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM
This turned out to be right for me for all 4 pregnancies.

Atsaukina1
November 27th, 2012, 01:44 PM
omg I am left handed so my arm was tired and hurting and the ring hadn't even moved anywhere. need to find one that just does this prego and not all of them cuz as slow as it was going my arm def. would not last for 5+ of that

Rosie85
November 27th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Did mine a long time ago a d I got bbbg. So far it is right.

Atsaukina1
November 27th, 2012, 03:47 PM
how are you ladies holding this w/o moving so long especially w/ 5+ kids:)

SophiaRose
December 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I gave this a go! I got G B G B G ! So it's wrong for me (I have B B G) The funny thing was it carried on going to 12 children :rofl: