PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day announcement?

Yahmama
May 10th, 2014, 01:22 PM
So I'm thinking about going ahead and telling our families tomorrow on Mother's Day just to go ahead and get it over with and put myself out of my misery over worrying how they'll react. Plus, it would be less awkward to bring it up so we could have a card or a gift or something to give them instead of having to just try to find some way to bring yup the topic.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to announce a 5th baby?? I was thinking of writing some sort of poem inside a card but I'm no good at rhymes. I was trying to think of other words that would rhyme with five other than alive... Any creative ideas?? Thanks ladies :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

WantingPink
May 10th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I am also announcing on Mothers Day. We know the gender so I am wrapping a black balloon in a box as a gift. On the balloon I am going to write something like... We didn't think there would be anymore but 3 plus this one equals 4! Pop this balloon if you want to find out the gender. Inside will be pink heart confetti and pink glitter. Hoping people are happy for us and happy that it is another girl. We will see... I am very nervous!!

Babybeaublue
May 10th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Wantingpink you are very creative!!! Yahmama I think telling them on Mother's Day is a great idea, Mother's Day was in March over here so I'm a bit late for that! What about - our 4 little bees buzzing round the hive add little baby bee and that makes five (ok not great lol)

angielorna
May 10th, 2014, 02:47 PM
I was hoping to be pregnant and announce on Mother's day....I'm glad some of you get to!!!

five: jive (we're so happy, we could jive?), hive (adding a baby bee to the hive?), live, dive...hmmm...tough

I'd be all sneaky and sign the card, listing all the kids and Baby X at the bottom of the list or something (you'll quickly find out who reads cards!!!).

I got my mom a personalized necklace with all the kids names stamped on it (all her grandchildren) and was going to add a blank plate on it or a ? or something.

I love your idea, wanting pink!!!

I'm sure you could also find LOTS of cool announcement ideas on the web. How about how your little girl wear a big sister bib or onsie? I don't know if you've done that before or not. In the past, I've made u/s cards, handed out with jelly beans, shown u/s pictures, or have DS whisper " I have a secret ", but your DD is too young for that.

How exciting! I hope everyone reacts with overwhelming enthusiasm!!!!
Let us know how it goes :)
Angie

Yahmama
May 10th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Argh, I'd written out a long response Twice ! and my phone just said error and reloaded the page :( anyway. I LOVE all those ideas and wanting, I know your family will be super excited! I'll let y'all know if I don't chicken out!

Yahmama
May 10th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Babybeau and Angie, I'm definitely going to use hive- that's a great idea! plus my little sewing business I have is Lilly's Bee's and has a little bee in the logo so that's perfect!

Yahmama
May 10th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Angie, I could have my youngest wear a big brother shirt and see if anyone notices, lol!

Yahmama
May 10th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Lol I just googled announcing fifth baby and nothing came up except someone announcing their tenth, haha. Or its 2 (parents) + 3 (kids)=5

WantingPink
May 10th, 2014, 06:27 PM
So we sent MIL flowers for Mothers day and in the card we put the same type of thing:

Did not think there would be more,
Three plus one equals FOUR.
Rumor has it we know the gender
Find out for sure on the 10th of November.
Happy Mother's Day

PS
If you cant wait until November,
your gift includes a clue to the gender.

We got her pink roses with a pink ribbon on the basket. She already text me and she sound super super happy!! So glad about that:)

Yahmama
May 12th, 2014, 08:26 AM
How did your announcement go, wanting?? I'm sure they were so excited for you!
We decided not to announce yesterday- I just thought it would be best to wait till after my ultrasound next week. My mom's bday is that day (may 20) and my MIL's bday is 2 days later so we can still have a good reason to give them a card with something written inside :)
I'm actually really glad we didn't bc my SIL was really sad yesterday as she is not married and has always wanted children and someone at a store yesterday said, "Happy Mother's Day!" and she said, "actually I don't have kids " and the person rudely responded, "then you better get on the stick about that!". I thought that was hurtful. Anyway, wouldn't want to make her day worse. It's always been hard on her at family get- togethers because we have so many kids and she feels she's getting too old if she ever does get married (she's turning 40 this year)

SamS_TTCPink
May 12th, 2014, 08:40 AM
OMG! Your poor SIL!! Some people are so rude...and you can't win, you have no kids and you get stupid comments, have lots you get stupid comments!!! People just don't think!

WantingPink
May 12th, 2014, 10:36 AM
That is so rude!! Like she doesn't know that already?? I think you did the right thing by not announcing and taking her feelings into consideration.

We did announce. I wrapped the black balloon with pink confetti in a box. I was so nervous and she didn't end up opening it for at least an hour!! It was torture. The outside read:

We didn't think there would be anymore
however three plus one equals four!
Rumor has it we know the gender,
find out for sure on the 10th of November.
If you can't wait that long and want a clue,
pop me to reveal pink or blue.

My Mom was a little beside herself. A total surprise and my brother was trying to read the balloon with her and kept saying... what is that? What is going on? SIL figured it out right away. My Mom was excited after the initial shock and a few glasses of wine:)

PrimalMamma
May 17th, 2014, 07:04 PM
I'm so interested that others feel this way. I'm not PG yet but already nervous about what my family will say/think. My Dad had been very vocal about saying "two is enough" & telling us we would be mad to have any more. I'm really nervous about it. Yahmama your poor SIL. People can be so unkind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamS_TTCPink
May 17th, 2014, 07:55 PM
I'm nervous too Primal as I know the hell we are going to cop when I do get PG and people find out. It upsets me that we've never had that experience of announcing a pregnancy and people being happy for us, just once would have been nice!

At least on this site we will have people happy for us and support and congratulations! 😉

PrimalMamma
May 17th, 2014, 11:35 PM
I think you're amazing to be trying for another one! I feel overwhelmed with 2 so I can't imagine how nuts I would go with 6!! (Or 7!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamS_TTCPink
May 18th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Lol! Yes it's "organised chaos" in our house. 😉

Although after being up all night for the past few nights cause DS6 is sick, I was attempting to sleep in this morning and they were all being so loud (DH included) and they were driving me bonkas! And it was just before AF arrived so I was cranky as it was and they all got into trouble!! Lol! 😜