PDA

View Full Version : Denise Richards adopts a baby domestically

nuthinbutpink
June 30th, 2011, 12:36 PM
My first thought was she "got her boy" but I was SO WRONG because she adopted a girl taking her count from 2 to 3. A better question is how do these celebrities have such an easy time adopting domestically?!

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/denise-richards-adopts-a-baby-the-girls-i-are-over-the-moon/66207

lindi
June 30th, 2011, 12:43 PM
No kidding. I hear its an at least 3 year process. Maybe they just started a long time ago? BUT the bigger question is how, as a single woman could she adopt so easily? That's usually a huge hurdle.

LolaInLove
June 30th, 2011, 02:54 PM
MONEY!!!!!

gizmo77
June 30th, 2011, 02:57 PM
MONEY!!!!!

bingo.

just like julia roberts has TWINS a boy and a girl, and angelina, TWINS a boy and a girl. JLo TWINS a boy and a girl.

hmmm....what are the chances.

LolaInLove
June 30th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Also, I bet poor Denise is over men after being married to freaking Charlie Sheen. WINNING

purplepoet20
June 30th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I think it is great of the famous people to adopt... it takes a lot more heart to parent a child that is nnot realted through blood.

Denise - always seemed like the type of person who only wants girls.

And the ones with the BG twins. Well I know from a friend who works for a certain famous lady who has a ton of kids... They wanted BG twins because they were planning to end their family that way. They wanted the family to be even or equal amounts of each gender. If they do happen to have/adopt anymore kids they plan to keep it even or balanced.

If I had tons of money I would have 2 of each gender.

LolaInLove
June 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Purple, is that Angelina Jolie? LOL I have a friend who dances for Mariah Carey and she had IVF, although did not know about PGD, but said she had lots of m/c on tour, and is like 42, so this was her only shot. Of course, I am super happy for her and all of them that have healthy little ones. And you are so right, adopting is a wonderful thing. I wish it would be easier to adopt....for those who are well-intended, of course! So many teenage pregnancies that could go to desperate parents, but so expensive and so difficult. I don't know too much about it, but I do have a few friends who adopted out of USA and it took ages and tons of money!

I agree, I'd love 2 girls and 2 boys.

purplepoet20
June 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I am not allowed to use names :)

I didn't know that about Mariah.... after a lot of m/c I would do anything to have a baby, if I didn't already have two. Mariah really only had one last chance with her age.

The celebs are waiting so long to have kids that I can see why they would go for BG twins.

purplepoet20
June 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Lolainlove - you would have adorable boys even if they are half as cute as your girls. And your girls will need dancing partners!

Out of the Blue
June 30th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Also, I bet poor Denise is over men after being married to freaking Charlie Sheen. WINNING

That's probably why she wanted to adopt...She's probably scared her other two girls are tainted with "Winning"'s DNA and she just wanted a normal one, lol.

I always thought I'd get preggers once just to experience it and then adopt the rest...Then I saw the price tag on a run-of-the mill adoption and quickly changed my mind! PP - I too would love 2 of each gender...Everyone would have a sis & bro so everyone wins!

atomic sagebrush
July 3rd, 2011, 10:21 AM
I rem from IG, where I talked to several men with GD, that the reaction of the wives was often that they got very protective/defensive of having girls and wouldn't try for a boy at all. Wouldn't sway, wouldn't go HT, or try naturally. I know Charlie had wicked GD...

nuthinbutpink
July 3rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
I rem from IG, where I talked to several men with GD, that the reaction of the wives was often that they got very protective/defensive of having girls and wouldn't try for a boy at all. Wouldn't sway, wouldn't go HT, or try naturally. I know Charlie had wicked GD...

I am positive that he and the next wife used PGD to get the twin boys. He made comments in the press that they were likely boys she was carrying and they were expecting them to be boys. Sure of it.

Zivic-Bubac
July 3rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
I rem from IG, where I talked to several men with GD, that the reaction of the wives was often that they got very protective/defensive of having girls and wouldn't try for a boy at all. That would be my reaction. There were a few man with gd on IG ( all of them wanted boyz :rolleyes:) I felt offended and sorry for their wives and I had to reply to one of them: 'Thank God my husband knows better!' what I really wanted to write was : How dare you....you...(lol!) If I could use my mother language, he would heard from me :p

Somehow I feel mother is allowed to dream about all sorts of things regarding baby, but when a father does so it just feels inappropriate.

(btw, what's 'domestic adoption'?)

Yuzu
July 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM

Domestic adoption is when an American adopts a child from the United States, rather than from another country. In America it's nearly impossible to adopt a Caucasian newborn. It's actually difficult to adopt ANY newborn. Of course, if you have money the impossible becomes possible.:wink:

Zivic-Bubac
July 3rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks Yuzu!
I thought it was so, just didn't seem logical it's easier to adopt foreign baby then domestic.

Here money solves most of the problems as well :sigh:

LolaInLove
July 5th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Lolainlove - you would have adorable boys even if they are half as cute as your girls. And your girls will need dancing partners!

XOXOXOXO Thank you!!!

LolaInLove
July 5th, 2011, 01:20 PM
That would be my reaction. There were a few man with gd on IG ( all of them wanted boyz :rolleyes:) I felt offended and sorry for their wives and I had to reply to one of them: 'Thank God my husband knows better!' what I really wanted to write was : How dare you....you...(lol!) If I could use my mother language, he would heard from me :p

Somehow I feel mother is allowed to dream about all sorts of things regarding baby, but when a father does so it just feels inappropriate.

I remember that "debate!" You know, I think a lot of celebs want one pregnancy and all their kids out of that one also for career reasons. Except Angelina, of course. (And I personally like her and Brad Pitt, mostly for their not giving a crap about what people think and support of New Orleans....)