PDA

View Full Version : No name baby

GreaseMonkey
May 13th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I have read books, I have searched websites upon websites and I am nowhere near finding a name for my DD!! Nothing, nada, ziltch!!! I wanna use Emma in some shape or form but other than that I have NOTHING!!!! It is driving me crazy!!

I thought I wanted Emma Leigh but I don't like it!! So I'm back to square 1 :(
Every name I tell my DH, he says, it's ok...Well I don't want it to be an OK name, I want people to hear it and say wow that's a beautiful name, never heard of it before....

I'm half tempted to call this baby noname baby E..

Jany1025
May 13th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Wait, are you the one that has to name your baby after your mother in law or something like that lol??

GreaseMonkey
May 13th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Lol, I don't HAVE to, I just thought it would be nice for my MIL to have a namesake seeing as my parents and my FIL already have a namesake :)

GreaseMonkey
May 13th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Cherrim, I'm Greek so we don't have middle names but Emma in some variation would be either or! I have no clue and so far I have not found a name I love....I mean nothing!!

Jany1025
May 13th, 2014, 10:10 PM
So is she Emma?? What happened why do you dislike Emma now??

Ugh don't you hate this, NAMING a person for the rest of their lives is VERY hard!

GreaseMonkey
May 13th, 2014, 10:12 PM
I never like the name Emma, it's way too common and way too popular!!

I can't find anything I love!! I had no problem naming my boys I love their names!!!

Jerrin Dale
Kristofer Tyler

Love them so I want a name for my DD that I love, not just like :/

Jany1025
May 13th, 2014, 10:19 PM
I saw your list on the other thread you just posted, I like Valentina the best from the names you had on the list..its 4 syllables so maybe she needs a nickname!??

You said you want people to say Oh its a beautiful name, well I will tell you everyone has an opinion Not everyone will like your name or they will lie about it, its life otherwise we would all have the same name! I only told 3 people my girl name, why? because I didn't want EVERYONE telling me whether they liked it or not or how they knew a girl with the same name and she was a bitch/whore/ugly LOL!! Well you get it! Funny for many years I always like
Danielle but when I got pregnant with my girl I realized it wouldn''t go because we have a "D" last name :( similar to Dunleavy, so it would have been
Danielle Dunleavy... too much D's right haha!

I hope you find something you LOVE!

coocoobananas
May 13th, 2014, 10:20 PM
You may have to narrow the window a bit for us to give you some help but as soon as I read your boys names I immediately thought Maya went nice... No idea why?!? I have a friend with a Naiya (pronounced like Maya but with an N)
Variations on Emma? Emmaline, Emmerson (one of my favourites;)
Leigh's a nice middle name, but I'm a bit biased seeing it's my 1st name;)

Rosie85
May 13th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I like the name emmalynn. No clue how its spelled exactly.

Jany1025
May 13th, 2014, 10:23 PM
I like the name emmalynn. No clue how its spelled exactly.

Just a little highjack--OH MY GAWD Rosie you are PREGNANT? LOL!

GreaseMonkey
May 13th, 2014, 10:30 PM
I really have no preference. I can also use my MIL's middle name which is Mae. I just want something that I love!! Once I find the perfect name (for me) then I don't care what other people think lol I have no problem opening my mouth and telling them off!!

I was following a young mom on FB who gave birth to twin girls and had to go into an induced comma due to cancer and has recently died and has made such an impact in my life I wanted to honor her somehow and her MN was Leigh so I wanted Emma Leigh but I don't love it :/

I am just way too picky and have given up on finding the perfect name and I just have to settle with a name that I at least like

aidansmum
May 13th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I was feeling the same way about Emily and Olivia until I found Anya. I thought Emily and Olivia were too common and weren't really impressing me that much. Now I'm definitely going with Anya, it just grew on me very quickly. Maybe you can look for unusual names instead of just baby names and something might jump at you and you might fall in love, just like that! I love Celtic, Irish and Norse names. :)

Adia
May 13th, 2014, 10:58 PM
I have a Guinevere....only run into one other one in many years & we have lived all over the world! I love the name because it is recognized but not overused.
Good luck....this is tough.

GreaseMonkey
May 13th, 2014, 11:02 PM
AM, I did, I search for unique, unusual, Greek, names with meanings, everything....NOTHING!!

I stopped looking for a while and now I am back again as I am getting ready to leave and go back to the States...Time is creeping in on me and although I still have 14 weeks to go, my gut tells me I need to find a name soon cause this little one is coming early!

GreaseMonkey
May 13th, 2014, 11:05 PM
I also have to find a name that she can be baptized in the Orthodox church otherwise no one will baptize her!!

Ughhhh

snipsnsnails
May 14th, 2014, 05:54 AM
I feel your pain! I like Emma and Emily. But other ones close to that but less popular that I like is.
Ellison, you could call her Elli
Emery
Evelyn
Amelia
Adelyn
I think you will know once you see her:)

Rosie85
May 14th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Just a little highjack--OH MY GAWD Rosie you are PREGNANT? LOL!

Sure am!

Babybeaublue
May 14th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Emme Amelie Everly Avery - you may even go back to one of your originals closer to the birth, good luck!

pinkiepie
May 23rd, 2014, 09:39 AM
What about the name xanthe pronounced zanthee means golden haired one or golden goddess. Also freya I think is godess as welll and also greek

Don't let the bastards get ya down

pinkiepie
May 23rd, 2014, 09:40 AM
I also have to find a name that she can be baptized in the Orthodox church otherwise no one will baptize her!!

Ughhhh

What about Xanthe??

Don't let the bastards get ya down

from2to3
May 23rd, 2014, 11:20 AM
Emma Rose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazycatcouple
June 25th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Girl names are so much fun :-)

My name, Shiloh, always gets tons of compliments every time people hear it for the first time. I can't take credit for it of course, but I love that my mom gave me a name that's unique but still pretty. I don't know much about your faith, but I know Shiloh is biblical, as my mom named us all from the bible.

Also, our daughter is Lyra (pronounced Lie-ra), and we've gotten tons of compliments and have yet to meet another one.

Oh, and one of my new favorites, and one we might be using if this baby turns out to be a girl, is Waverly. We have a friend who named his daughter that and they call her Waves :-) She's a teenager now and it's so stinking cute!

Good luck mama!!

Pinkdreamz
June 27th, 2014, 07:28 AM
I'm not even pregnant with my DD yet but I have the same problem!! I have 3 boys and every time I was pregnant I could never find a girls name!! I'll have to keep watch and see what you come up with... Might have to steal your name ;))

Pinkdreamz
June 27th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I actually do like Willow, but not sure if too unusual...

SamS_TTCPink
June 27th, 2014, 08:37 AM
I love Willow but I'm a huge Pink (as in p!nk the singer) fan and her daughter is Willow and she named her that cause Willow trees are strong and can't be knocked down. 😊💜

bunnywabbit
June 27th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Greasemonkey had her little girl early and has named her Emah Helena. It has special meaning for her...

crazycatcouple
June 27th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Oh that's really sweet :-) Congrats Greasemonkey!

And no, I don't think Willow is too strange at all :-) I think it's feminine, yet strong, which is a great combination!

MelliMae
February 3rd, 2015, 11:14 PM
We have Layla-Paige, I am Alice-Mae (I love my name haha) I wanted Layla-Mae but hubby shut me down :(
I really like Esmè (es-may) Esmé-Leigh is pretty

Boom
February 4th, 2015, 05:58 AM
I loooove Willow but DH doesn't like it.

Atsaukina1
April 3rd, 2016, 10:48 AM
1. Kids aren't getting named after family unless they're dead lol even then I have 3 gmas so can't use all there names.
2. No matter what you name them it will grow on you and you'll look at them thinking you couldn't imagine another name.
3. My last 3 didn't have names till week+ after birth. 1. Finally went out and got one of those giant baby name books. One we had two names and let family vote. Of course everyone voted for my fav name lol. And last one dh and I both fully agreed instantly once I found it.
35 weeks and nowhere near a name yet lol

Atsaukina1
April 3rd, 2016, 10:50 AM
I know several willows so not that unusual:)

adnilleinad
April 4th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Athena?

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2016, 02:54 PM
This is an old thread, this baby is already named! :) I also love the name Athena tho