PDA

View Full Version : Miscarriage without heavy bleeding?

unwirklich
May 17th, 2014, 11:14 PM
So in week 6 I started spotting, lasted 5 days and then progressed to a light flow, last night (7 w 2 d) I passed 4 small clumps of what looked like chicken skin and now the bleeding has almost stopped. There was no pain and very little bleeding, way less than even a typical period. I had a missed miscarriage in Nov. and there was a ton of bleeding and clots. My question is, can you even miscarry with very little bleeding and only small clots (nothing bigger than my pinky nail)?

I do plan to see a doc monday, didn't think the like 7 hour ER wait as necessary being I either miscarried or whatever the problem was resolved, but the WTF of this situation has me truly confused.

Mrs_Incredible
May 18th, 2014, 01:09 AM
I mc'd a blighted ovum at 6+ weeks in February, for me it was full AF and hurt a little bit more than usual for a few days. FX you get some answers on Monday. The not knowing and worrying is incredibly draining. Hugs xx

unwirklich
May 18th, 2014, 02:54 AM
huh, so trying ease my mind, I take an FRER even knowing they can be positive after a MC, I was looking for no lighter no just positive, it's lighter. Then I recall reading about the hook effect.

Beware of "hook effect" giving false negative pregnancy test on point-of-care kits Yadav Y K, Fatima U, Dogra S, Kaushik A - J Postgrad Med (http://www.jpgmonline.com/article.asp?issn=0022-3859;year=2013;volume=59;issue=2;spage=153;epage=1 54;aulast=Yadav)

So I took one more, no more than 20 minutes after the first, diluted it with water on top of the fact it would have been more diluted already cause I'd just peed 20 minutes ago, and the line came out darker than the control line. If I understand the hook effect right, that means my HCG is still over 1000 o.O

Mrs_Incredible
May 18th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Sending hugs xxx

SamS_TTCPink
May 18th, 2014, 03:52 AM
When I had a m/c of one twin with DS1 pregnancy I had no real pain and only brown spotting then light bleeding. Maybe you haven't had a full m/c and it was just a clot or like I had, a twin pg??! Hopefully you get some answers on Monday. xx

jen75
May 18th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Hi, when i had a miscarriage with 1 twin i also had hardly any bleeding and not so much pain, also still felt pregnant and was with other twin. beautiful son born 14 years ago. hoping its all good for you too. xxxx

unwirklich
May 18th, 2014, 12:51 PM
I did BTT yesterday and today and my temp is still well above my coverline too from this cycle..an entire degree and within .2 of what I was getting when I first got my BFP. The bleeding still hasn't stopped entirely though, just really dark red blood when I wipe. I may go in today just cause I can't take waiting until monday lol

daisymoo
May 18th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I would definitely take a trip in today Just to make sure all is ok.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

WantingPink
May 18th, 2014, 05:25 PM
huh, so trying ease my mind, I take an FRER even knowing they can be positive after a MC, I was looking for no lighter no just positive, it's lighter. Then I recall reading about the hook effect.

Beware of "hook effect" giving false negative pregnancy test on point-of-care kits Yadav Y K, Fatima U, Dogra S, Kaushik A - J Postgrad Med (http://www.jpgmonline.com/article.asp?issn=0022-3859;year=2013;volume=59;issue=2;spage=153;epage=1 54;aulast=Yadav)

So I took one more, no more than 20 minutes after the first, diluted it with water on top of the fact it would have been more diluted already cause I'd just peed 20 minutes ago, and the line came out darker than the control line. If I understand the hook effect right, that means my HCG is still over 1000 o.O

Every brand of PG test is going to have a different hook effect. The fact that it is stronger when diluted suggests that you are seeing the hook effect but it can't really be quantified into a number or above a number. FRER is going to have a lower hook because it is so sensitive. I hope you get some much needed answers on Monday. Doesn't really sound like you are having a MC though (which is good)??

essnce629
May 18th, 2014, 07:25 PM
I hope you get some answers and I still think you have a chance of things being ok. Are you still having symptoms?

unwirklich
May 19th, 2014, 01:20 AM
Went in tonight. Empty uterus, HCG only 11. I don't know how I managed to get a darker HPT with diluted urine last night..or how I managed a loss with less bleeding than a period, but there was definitely no belly bean :( Not sure what I want to do now, 2 miscarriages in a row has me doubting I want to do this again.

SamS_TTCPink
May 19th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Oh no unwirklich. That's horrible news. Did they give you any indication on why you've had 2 losses now?

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take some time to rest and relax. x

Marika
May 19th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Oh no, I am so sorry. I understand that it's hard to know which step to take now, but mayble it'll be clearer in a while. Take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal, then next step might be easier to decide.

Mrs_Incredible
May 19th, 2014, 04:34 AM
So sorry hon. I had 2 losses in 2010 within 2 months of each other, took another 3 months for my sticky bean after 11 maths ttc when I was normally a one hit wonder. Hold on. Hugs xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daisymoo
May 19th, 2014, 04:42 AM
So so sorry this is truly heartbreaking Hope you're ok x

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

unwirklich
May 19th, 2014, 12:25 PM
No, I had my progesterone and thyroid checked the month before we conceived too, both fine. I'm only 28 so I doubt it's "old eggs." I don't know, that's what makes me so nervous to try again. I think we will though, in Aug. My brother died this January and his birthday was June 2nd. If my cycles stay on track according to FF Aug would make me due on his birthday. My husband is convinced our losses are from his job. He works in oil field cleanup, sometimes there's minimal gamma exposure, he thinks it's damaging is swimmers.

essnce629
May 19th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Oh no, so sorry! Sending healing vibes your way. (((HUGS)))

WantingPink
May 19th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I am so sorry:( I was really hoping everything would be okay for you. Do something for yourself and will be sending thoughts your way.

Rosie85
May 19th, 2014, 01:25 PM
I am terrified to try again too. I feel like my 16 weeks of poor eating made bad eggs.
I think it would be lovely if your baby shared a birthday with your late brother. Sending you all my best for an August bean.

unwirklich
May 19th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Yeah, the hubby brought that up too, what if it was the diet. I'm debating just keeping the exercise (and being more strict about getting it in 5-6 days a week lol), skipping breakfast, limiting portions, doing SP and vitex till attempt month and then clomid and skipping the diet. I think it'd still be a semi good sway..I don't think I could try again if we lost another, the worry was pretty horrific this round even before I started bleeding. It'd be so much easier if there was a why.

lyngostar
May 19th, 2014, 01:47 PM
So sorry unwirklich. Xx

The Anchor
May 20th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Oh no, that is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry...