PDA

View Full Version : Due in March 2012

begonia
July 1st, 2011, 09:04 AM
I know 3boys is with me! Who else?

My EDD is March 5th, so I'm 4 weeks, and I swayed for boy. I have my 1st appt at 8 weeks, so end of July, and am :pray: all looks good then. For now ... I have pretty much constant but bearable nausea. It's like a strong aversion to all food :worry: I was sick with DD1 but not DD2 so had hoped for another easy pregnancy, but I'm fearing the ms will come on strong in the next couple of weeks :nails:

TTC5
July 2nd, 2011, 03:41 AM
I am hoping I will be joining you my friend!!!

3boys
July 2nd, 2011, 03:59 PM
Hi hi hi LOL.

As most of you know I am just four weeks, My EDD is March 9th. I swayed for a girl.

I have been feeling very nauseas but only sick once and that was before the BFP (but to be honest it was such a hot day that day I think it was MS mixed with heat stroke!). I didn't get any MS with my DS's so it will be interesting to see how it goes this time!

Also I have been feeling so tired!! Yesterday I went to bed at 8.30 ha ha

My first midwife appointment will not be until about eight weeks also!

ELP
July 6th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Hello ladies:HH: found you!! Put me down for March 16th!! I am starting to notice the fuzzy head already:worry: and the startled look to my eyes is creeping in grr, I'm hoping to keep things quiet for a while to stop local gossip so we will see. Also I have a massive cold sore on the middle of my top lip, gross!!! But I know that herpes can cause m/c so I need to look into that today, I just get them rarley on my lip, luckily not down below so I'll see if its the same strain, anyway nice 1st post for me lol

TTC5
July 6th, 2011, 03:31 AM
ELP I have a friend who has the herpes virus and she said the ones on her mouth are different to the ones below?

begonia
July 6th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Hello ladies:HH: found you!! Put me down for March 16th!! I am starting to notice the fuzzy head already:worry: and the startled look to my eyes is creeping in grr, I'm hoping to keep things quiet for a while to stop local gossip so we will see. Also I have a massive cold sore on the middle of my top lip, gross!!! But I know that herpes can cause m/c so I need to look into that today, I just get them rarley on my lip, luckily not down below so I'll see if its the same strain, anyway nice 1st post for me lol

LOL, ELP! Hope everything is OK; I think they are different so I bet you're OK but I might call your doc just to check.

TTC5 I hope you do join us here soon!!!

ELP
July 7th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Had a look into the herpes thing and it says that it should be ok, main risk is if you have them active during delivery down below, quite a strange but interesting read, http://miscarriage.about.com/od/infections/f/herpes.htm

Anyway enough about my funky lip lol, DH asked yesterday 'Are you pregnant?, you said ask you on Tuesday!' (he wqited an extra whole day lol) so I told him yes but don't tell anyone! We'll see how long he lasts. I just don't want any silly comments from people in the street if things go wrong kwim, its my body and my business, not the latest bit of village gossip grr! I suppose I should let the midwife know to book me back in, last time I had lost little one before they even got around to calling me back, I may get an early scan you never know!!

begonia
July 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM
LOL about DH, ELP! Mine has been good this time around but he usually does spill it the day we find out. So far neither of us has told anyone, including our parents. I'm planning to wait til we have our NT scan at 12 weeks, though I will be telling my BFF next week when she's back from her vacay. I need a girl to obsess over all of it with, KWIM?

FX for you to have a nice sticky bean this time AND an early scan!

Glittergirl
July 7th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hi girls mind if I join? My due date is March 14th. I waited to join....got preg in April, mc in may and preg again in june so I'm kinda scared. Never had a mc before so it really threw me off. We super swayed for a girl in April but this time I didn't go full blown cause I was scared and just want a healthy sticky bean....pink would just be extra nice!

begonia
July 8th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Welcome Glitter! Here's hoping this bean is nice and sticky and healthy for you. And pink would be lovely :bigsmile::DD:

I spilled the news to a friend today ... I didn't mean to it just came out :suprise: We were getting lunch and I ordered fried chicken and told her "I can't do skinless chicken when I'm pregnant, all I see is slimy meat." LOL. She was like, WHAT?!?! I'm a doofus. Oh well. I know she's not a gossip at all so I trust she'll keep it to herself. AND she's not at all the type who (like I know my mother will) said anything like "Oh you know it's a girl again" or "Aren't you so hoping for a boy?" She was just super excited and said she'd start praying for a healthy little baby for us. Gotta love a friend like that.

Glittergirl
July 8th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks Begonia! I think a friend like that is awesome. I haven't told anyone except my parents and one of my sisters (the other is out of the country for a few weeks). that's the exact reason I'm waiting to tell too many people right now cause either way I don't want to hear "it's probably another boy or even "I hope it's a girl....you just have to have one girl!" I'm just praying for a super sticky healthy bean this time and pink would just be the icing on the cake! mmmmm did I say cake?

begonia
July 8th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Oh Glitter I could totally go for cake right now! With a big glass of milk :happy: To be honest those were staples in my girl diet, LOL. I ate a ton of sugar; it's really quite shocking how much sugar (real and artificial!) I would eat in a day.

I hadn't made the connection yet til reading your post, but I am sure that is why I have been reluctant to tell people. I told loads of people about my girls before I was even 8 weeks; but with this one I don't feel like telling people. At all. And I am sure it is because I just don't want all the commentary. I got enough just having my second girl (and I can imagine you went through it as well with the boys) so good heavens, I'm sure people will feel the need to opine on what I've got cooking now. As long as I can hide the belly I will probably keep it secret :bigsmile:

Though I will say, the no-drinking thing will likely give me away sooner than I'd like ... at least once a week I find myself in a social setting where normally I would have a glass of wine. So even if they don't ask or say anything... I wouldn't be surprised if some of friends have an idea.

How are you feeling so far? Any symptoms yet? Have you scheduled your 1st appt?

Glittergirl
July 9th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah I got those comments all the time with #3...never did with #2 cause I think most people knew we wanted more kids so it wasn't a big deal to have a brother for DS1--but THIS time I am gonna hear it from everyone...even strangers..."hope its your girls!!!" Or "I bet it will be DS#4!" Deep down honestly, I would be thrilled for another happy healthy boy but I feel bad that this baby wont be celebrated by others if it is a boy. It will be like oh yay...another boy...I think that's what scares me the most like he wont be as big of a deal to close friends and family. Anyway...I haven't made my first appt. yet but I need to do that soon. Have you made your appt? Do you plan on finding the sex or waiting? I'm on the fence, I think maybe if I decide to find out I will act as if I don't know just so I don't get all the unwelcome comments!

ELP
July 9th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Belated welcome to the March board GG!! I think you should have a surprise with this one and just nubsess for the last 28 weeks with me:bigsmile:

begonia
July 9th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Glitter I am totally not finding out this time! And I'm looking forward to it, actually. Dh never wanted to find out with either of our others so this is like my gift to him. ITA that people don't get as excited when it is "another" of what you already have, and I think making everyone wait til birth helps that excitement stay high. Especially IF you have another boy, who can't be excited seeing a sweet little baby there?!?! Then he becomes a real person to them, and not just "another boy." At least that's what I'm counting on with our family/friends if we have a 3rd girl. I know most of my friends would be excited just bc they all know I want another baby, but family ... oh, family .... they can be soooo ridiculous. :mad:

That said I will totally nubsess, LOL! I didn't get a good nub shot with either of my girls (not that I knew what to look for back then but I've looked at them now to see) but maybe I'll get one with this bub. Either way I'm excited for the fun of not knowing for sure, even if I get a good nub :wink:, until the birthday.

My 1st appt is end of this month, right after I hit 8 weeks. Really hoping I get an u/s, there's nothing like seeing the wee one :heart:

Glittergirl
July 9th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks ELP and Begonia! I think I'm gonna nubsess with you all! DS1 I found out cause I wanted to be prepared with clothes nursery, etc. DS2 I didn't want to know but DH did Soooo I let him find the gender and he kept his mouth shut to everyone!!! His mom couldn't even get it out of him. I was so proud of DH! I knew he was a boy though cause DH was kinda cool about it. I think he would have been super excited if it was a girl. DS3 US tech showed me the nub after I said OMG is that a penis (I didn't know gender could be determined that early) so She said she was very sure the nub was a boy nub and that's when i became obsessed and discovered IG and all the nub guessing. YAY OK I guess we are all team green then??? This is my last baby--how about you all? Oh and did you all sway?

Glittergirl
July 9th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Just a quick question? Are you all feeling symptoms yet? I feel a little nausea but not sure if it's my imagination. I have a huge appetite and not tired at all yet which worries me cause I was so nauseated with my other 3 and lost 5 pounds right away! and the last preg that I miscarried I had no symptoms--so got me kinda worried. DH keeps telling me its early and he swears that I was nauseated more like at 8 weeks along. Maybe I should go check my journals???

begonia
July 11th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Glitter this is for sure our last! I did sway, and I believe it works, but I also believe opposites happen so I'm just prepared for either. And lately I'm really happy about just having another, regardless of gender. That is so amazing your DH didn't spill! Mine totally would have! And way too funny about you accidentally nub guessing DS3!

I think it is really fun how many of us are team green! March will be a very fun month!

I do have symptoms; mostly nausea ... my nausea hit hard with DD1 around 7 weeks (am 6 now) but with DD2 my pregnancy could not have been more blissful. It was amazing. But I fretted big time early on because I didn't "feel" pregnant ... boobs didn't change, no nausea, appetite was the same, etc. So far I've had sort of a general sense of ick all day, no throwing up, and I do feel better after eating. That actually started when I was only about 6 dpo and has just stuck around. Anyhow ... you can definitely have a healthy bean in there with no symptoms! FX that is the case for you!

Cheekymoo
July 16th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Hi guys I think I am due about the end of march- about the 22nd ish ?? Wondered if I could join here? :)

Glittergirl
July 16th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Welcome!!! Glad you are joining us!

ELP
July 16th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Welcome over Cheeky:)

I've woken up with brown spotting this morning:worry: I hope its nothing. I think I still feel pregnant?? I'm just gonna have to wait and see if it goes red at all:(

Cheekymoo
July 16th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Oh ELP - sooo sorry- how stressful....just try to think positively...let us know how it goes...:pray:

Glittergirl
July 16th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Sorry ELP....I'm so sorry. Hopefully it's nothing. Brown is fine though. I had it at 10 weeks with DS3 and doc said it's just old blood--could be from a pelvic exam or DTD. Wishing you lots of sticky bean thoughts!!!

Cheekymoo
July 18th, 2011, 12:32 AM
how is it going ELP? I hope no news is good news........??

Glittergirls thanks for the welcome :)

Begonia- so this is your 3rd and last too? How old are your girls? I am still soo early on yet but so far nothing symptom wise hopefully I am just lucky but it def is hard not to worry like you said...

ELP
July 18th, 2011, 04:10 AM
All good here, thanks Cheeky:hugs: And I'm feeling very preggers:agree: A lady on another site said that 40% of women experience spotting in the first few weeks, mainly in the morning as it builds up at night! Mine was in the morning so that was good and with the m/c it started in the evening! So if it happens to anyone else just remember that morning is less than evening:agree:

We need to get this board moving a bit don't we lol. Lets start a gut instinct gender thread and see if its right, and a names thread maybe!!

Just wanted to add, my cramps had all been mainly on the left side which would mean a Ramzi's girl wouldn't it? But last night they had moved to the right! So maybe baby had moved over?? I will be keeping an eye out for it, which side are you noticing cramps on ladies?? We might aswell start doing our own little study on it hadn't we.

ELP
July 18th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Ladies, I've just had my brother pop round for a cup of tea and I had to tell him my news because I almost had to hurl in the kitchen sink! He congratulated me and left me to it lol, so I went up to the toilet and spent 5 minutes over the toilet bowl, ugh! I have only ever actually puked with DC1, pleeease don't tell me I'm gonna be in for a rough ride with this one! Not with all these kiddies running around! ugh what have I done lol!!!:oops:

3boys
July 18th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone. Just got back off holiday and I have to admit I would have enjoyed it a lot more had I not been puking up every day! I have never had MS before and I have to say it SUCKS BIG TIME!

Begonia, Hope you are well?

ELP I have had to tell a few more people than I would have liked for this stage as the sickness has been sooo obvious!
Welcome GG and cheeckymoo

Cheekymoo
July 18th, 2011, 07:46 AM
ELP and 3boys eek sounds horrid you poor things hopefully it will pass come the 12 week mark!

As for cramping I think I have noticed it on the right more 'inside'...but a bit of stretching ligiment stuff on outside left side ..I am hoping this is a good sign but trying to not get the hopes up...

ELP
July 18th, 2011, 07:53 AM
3, maybe its a pink sign for you!!! Theres a lady over on IG who is doing free psychic readings, I'll take it with a ppinch of salt bur heres what she said for me!

eightlilpigs, Holy piggies it appears you are having a girl!!! You have a star on your hands! Loves the spotlight, loves to show off...you can't keep her quiet! Allow this one to grow in the limelight and you may see her name in lights! She has no idea what stage fright is....she may even come out in a "Ta DAAAA" stance....hands in the Superstar pose! LOL God Bless...get her into dance, singing, everything you can to feed it.

Just what I need, another little drama queen around the house!!

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/229290.aspx?PageIndex=1

begonia
July 18th, 2011, 06:28 PM
BLAST! My &^%#$ computer ate my nice long post.

ELP I'm glad the spotting is looking like nothing to fret about! Just like the free prediction! I'm curious to see what she'd predict so maybe I'll float over there later.

And I so agree, when one is sick it is impossible not to have to tell people early! It's not like you can pretend it is the flu...all the playdates would cancel and then people would REALLY worry about you when it didn't pass in a few days! I narrowly avoided throwing up in Target today. Am 7 weeks now and with DD1 it didn't hit hard til 8 weeks, so we shall see but my FX still that it doesn't get THAT bad! DD2 was such a blissful pregnancy. God's way of giving me rest before the tornado that she is arrived though ... she is CRAZY.

Cheeky my girls are 5 and 2. FX you stay morning sickness free but some other symptoms would be fun to obsess over, right?

On the cramping it seems both sides! LOL! Maybe I'm having boy/girl twins! I don't go for the Ramzi thing ... it seems too many people have too many opposites there.

ELP I like your gut instinct thread! That one is fun to see!

OK off to make dinner ... DH wants chicken which is on my ick list, so I'm going to attempt to cook it without seeing it, touching it, or smelling it. LOL!

Kris217
July 25th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I may as well join too :)

Kris217
July 26th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I had my blood test today to check my hcg level, the results will be back in the morning :)

Cheekymoo
July 26th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Kris- welcome :) Hope your blood results are good - let us know....

AFM- Haven't had much of anything re pain /nuasea etc just ..snot...snot ...snotting EVERY where still.....Every morning I wake and think mabye today it will stop but alas not yet :(

begonia
July 26th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Welcome Kris! Glad you're here!

Cheeky that is so crazy about the snots! You and ELP both! I still don't have them. Sounds just dreamy though so I'm super jealous ;-)

Out of the Blue
July 26th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Hi, all! Guess I'm joining you guys! I just got a BF-SURPRISE-P on Fri. I'm due on March 30th.

We were taking a few wks off the sway/TTC and DTD 10, 8 & 7 days before O and didn't think there was ANY way we could have got a BFP from that. I started my diet back up a few days before I O'd but I think the damage was already done. Girl or boy, we're just hoping this little bean is super healthy and sticks! DH has already blabbed to everyone on his side of the family but I'm not telling ANYONE for a long while. I'm pretty sure we will be waiting until birth to find out the gender. He's probably a boy but I'm of course really hoping for a girl. Hoping all of you guys aren't too sick and are having good pregnancies! We're bracing for the storm b/c I've had really bad ones but who knows what this one will bring. We're headed out of town this weekend to take a quick celebration vay-cay in case we don't get a chance later on.

Anyone hoping for a boy is welcome to any last particle of blue dust I may have!!!

iluvmyman
July 26th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Hi all and thanks for inviting me, B! Due March 26th according to my O date. If you haven't read elsewhere, I'm spotting a bit today, which is a 1st for me, but I have an OB appt. in the a.m. so, God willing everything will be OK. If not, I'll be praying the DH will give this another try. Good nite!

Cheekymoo
July 27th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Welcome out of the blue- Had to have a giggle at how well the name seems to fit! Congrats on the BFP LOL One would hope that DTD 7days before would mean a girl is still def possibly on the cards for you...:)

ILUV- good luck tomorrow honey- I had spotting with one of my pregnancies and all was well - as I am sure you have heard- it can happen and all be A -OK so think positive.

Kris- How were the results?

Kris217
July 27th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Hi all and thanks for inviting me, B! Due March 26th according to my O date. If you haven't read elsewhere, I'm spotting a bit today, which is a 1st for me, but I have an OB appt. in the a.m. so, God willing everything will be OK. If not, I'll be praying the DH will give this another try. Good nite!

Damn, i hope everything is ok! We'll be praying for you too!!

Kris217
July 27th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hi, all! Guess I'm joining you guys! I just got a BF-SURPRISE-P on Fri. I'm due on March 30th.

We were taking a few wks off the sway/TTC and DTD 10, 8 & 7 days before O and didn't think there was ANY way we could have got a BFP from that. I started my diet back up a few days before I O'd but I think the damage was already done. Girl or boy, we're just hoping this little bean is super healthy and sticks! DH has already blabbed to everyone on his side of the family but I'm not telling ANYONE for a long while. I'm pretty sure we will be waiting until birth to find out the gender. He's probably a boy but I'm of course really hoping for a girl. Hoping all of you guys aren't too sick and are having good pregnancies! We're bracing for the storm b/c I've had really bad ones but who knows what this one will bring. We're headed out of town this weekend to take a quick celebration vay-cay in case we don't get a chance later on.

Anyone hoping for a boy is welcome to any last particle of blue dust I may have!!!

Yay, congrats!!

Kris217
July 27th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Got my results back today, my hcg is 1703 :)

begonia
July 27th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Good news on the levels, Kris!

OOB, welcome! Unbelievable about the 7 day cut-off, my goodness this was one determined little spermie! Which CLEARLY means it is a XX. I've never seen a man that patient or determined ;-)

Cheeky are you still feeling well?

Looking forward to hearing your update Iluv ... I really hope all is a-ok.

AFM my first appt is tomorrow ... FX I get a dating scan and can see the little one!

Glittergirl
July 27th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Gosh I've missed so much girls! Welcome Blue--I know we've been following on the TTC april may thread. I was so excited to hear your BFP--gotta be a girl with that cutoff! I am SO nauseated these past two weeks. Never really got sick but I feel horrible! I hope this passes soon as I can't take another whole month of it! Well--what are everyones symptoms? I'm nauseated, cold hands and feet, tired, and can't really eat meat. I can tolerate sweet stuff though--I don't crave it, but can tolerate it. I hope this means girl for me LOL! My gut tells me this is a girl but maybe cause I actually swayed this time LOL. I'm really just hoping for a sticky healthy beans as I miscarried in May and now I'm just happy to have made it past the 5 week mark when I last miscarried. My sister thinks it's a girl too:) so it made my day! Oh and welcome kris and cheeky and who else did I miss??? Sorry preggers brain.

Kris217
July 28th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Good news on the levels, Kris!

OOB, welcome! Unbelievable about the 7 day cut-off, my goodness this was one determined little spermie! Which CLEARLY means it is a XX. I've never seen a man that patient or determined ;-)

Cheeky are you still feeling well?

Looking forward to hearing your update Iluv ... I really hope all is a-ok.

AFM my first appt is tomorrow ... FX I get a dating scan and can see the little one!

How exciting Begonia, hope it goes well and you get to see your lil bub!!

Out of the Blue
July 28th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Iluv – I had spotting last time w/DS#2 but everything was A-OK. So scary when it happens. Hoping everything is okay w/your bean!!!

Cheekymoo – yeah…guess my name fits, lol. Hoping it also fits in the “out of the blue and into the PINK!” sense as well…

YAY, Kris…great hCG #s…!!!

Awwww…Begonia! I’ve missed you and lost touch after that first 2ww. I am so happy I bypassed this last one, lol. There probably wouldn’t have been enough tests in the world to satisfy my POAS addiction. Hope that little guy in there isn’t keeping you too sick! Thought I read in another thread that you were about to have your 1st check-up and maybe check for the heartbeat. Have you gone yet??? So exciting!

GG, I’ve missed you!!! Sorry about the nausea. Do you usually get it very bad? It’s really starting to kick in for me today although I’ve not thrown up yet. My symptoms are too hot/too cold – just can’t find the right temp, nausea, a bit of fatigue rounded out by insomnia in the eaaarly a.m. That’s it for me, thank goodness! Did you conceive your little bean on the 1st cycle after your m/c? Really hoping she’s a nice happy, healthy, pink bean in there!!! :awe: I was going to reply to you on the other thread (April/May one) but P4P had just lost her bean when I saw your message so I didn’t want to talk about it. So sad for her…:broken:

HI to everyone else!!! :wave: :cheerteam: I’m still floored that I’m here…Hope I get to stay.

Out of the Blue
July 28th, 2011, 04:46 PM
OK, guys...just got my free reading results from IC1111 (on IG but moved to SweetBabyBump):

"Umajain, I am sooo torn with you, but I have to say girl...it may be that you are really wishing for one and I got it wrong..but you are covered in pink....(You probably have 3 girls already lOL) Truly.pink frosting and pink satin and lace and ribbons...pink everywhere...I have to say girl all the way...but I also believe she is a twin soul to another child as well...so there is a boy up there, but she may be connected to a child you have already. Sometimes twins choose to come down separately so they dont have to share or be considered so close to the other..they want their own identities.. HAVE FUN!!! God Bless! "

Uggggghhhhhh....I think she's just picking up on the fact that I really, REALLY, REALLY want a girl. Hey, I'd love if I had twins, though...especially if one's girl, lol. Since I've already got an Aries, maybe he's the twin soul w/this other bub.

Glittergirl
July 28th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Blue--wow that's a great read. I may try her out...I wonder if she can tell by avatar or past posts what you want right or is this anonymous readings? yeah I feel so bad for p4p but I know she'll come through soon, it's so hard the first few weeks. yes this pregnancy is my first cycle after MC..wonder if that sways pink? I didn't sway diet too much cause I was eating everything while pregnant and had gained 3 pounds so wasn't on the diet long before I got preg again. The only upside is I lost the 3 pounds I had gained from eating all the forbidden foods before I got pregnant this time so I'm hoping that swayed pink. I am not heavy to begin with so 3 pound loss is a lot for me.

Out of the Blue
July 29th, 2011, 09:44 AM
GG, here's the link if you want to try her out: http://sweetbabybump.com/showthread.php/734-Post-all-questions-under-this-thread-rather-than-separately... Yeah, I'm not sure if she picks up on our avatar/name/siggie info or not but since it was free, I thought I'd give it a shot. If you do it, tell her you came from IG and then she may give you your read quicker. Her reading for me kind of put me in a funk b/c I'm pretty sure she's just picking up on how much I want a girl. Oh, well. Guess we'll all know about 7/8 mos from now anyway...

I thought I'd seen something that said conceiving just after a m/c swayed girl and just tried to find it but I'm not having any luck. Hey, that 3lbs has got to sway pink to some degree, especially if you are small! I was right there w/you eating those forbidden foods...I had decided that I wanted to eat nicely on the 4th of July since we weren't conceiving on that cycle. I ate pretty lousy for about a week leading up the 4th of July as well. Went straight back to the diet on the 5th of July but ended up Oing on the 8th so the damage was done, I'm afraid. Also, at 6:30 pm on the day I O'd, someone opened and shut our front door. I heard it but thought my mind was playing tricks on me until DS#1 said, "Dada's home!" but DH was out of town. I grabbed my lacrosse stick and told the boys to stay upstairs while I looked EVERYWHERE but luckily found no one...I couldn't sleep at AT ALL and I know my T-levels were through the roof. I can only hope I had already O'd before this took place. But then I start thinking crazy stuff like if I was in the process of Oing/conceiving a girl by chance and then my T-levels skyrocket, could I have an abnormally masculine girl? I know it's stupid but it's my nature to obsess over these silly things. I can't help it. Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to ask which side the bub is on during my 1st scan (Ramzi's thing). I'm so torn on this one. Did you ask?

We're supposed to be going out of town in a few hrs and I haven't packed yet. I'm too tired to scrape myself off the chair and get up. Maybe I'll go take a quick nap, lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend w/NO NAUSEA!!!

begonia
July 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Hey ladies!

I know I've heard that cycle post-mc sways girl as well; maybe it is just OWT as I've never searched for any evidence of it. I have 1 close friend who it did hold true for ... FX it holds truth for you GG! I think being the younger sister to older brothers is a great dynamic so I want to see all you boy mama's get those sweet little ladies!

GG I'm so sorry the nausea has hit hard... that is just the worst possible part of pg I think. DD1 was really rough for me, DD2 not at all, and this one is somewhere in the middle so far. I hope it gets better soon!

OOB I know your sway didn't go as planned what with the crazy conception but I am super happy you're now due in March with me! That is crazy about the door thing! I am SURE even if your T levels were high you didn't impact the bean; she'll be just lovely :cheer: But I totally get re-evaluating everything once you're pg; I couldn't stop thinking about what I did/didn't do in the weeks after the BFP but now it has settled down. FX that reading is picking up on truth and not just desire!

I had an u/s yesterday at my 8 week appt. The bean was SO CUTE! It never fails to amaze me how even at 8 weeks they already look like babies. Nice heartbeat, only 1 baby, so all good :happy: I didn't ask about the placenta and honestly, laying there on the table, I definitely felt 100% committed to not finding out this time. The experience brought back memories of how awful I felt when I learned DD2 was a girl ... I'd really rather not know this time around until birth. I'll be able to handle the news MUCH easier when I'm holding the baby and she's REAL instead of just "another girl" I can't cuddle and kiss.

When is everyone else scheduled for appointments?

Glittergirl
July 29th, 2011, 11:47 PM
:rofl:Out of the Blue--i couldn't stop laughing cause you sound like me!! The door thing is pretty scary but I have those same crazy ideas like all the peppermint tea I drank will give me a feminine boy or the near car accident I had when someone ran a red may make this pink bean really masculine since my t levels when up the roof! I then realize I am crazy and I have to stop this nonsense thinking! I'm hoping the cycle after MC will go my way cause like I said my sway was not nearly as good as the sway I did when I miscarried.
Begonia--I haven't even seen my doctor yet. They gave me an appointment for Aug.12 which is SOOOO far away it seems. not sure if they will do an US then, I hope they do. I may ask for a good nub shot later too but I'm totally with you on being team green! This is my last and I wanna be surprised. It was so nice when i was surprised with DS2. It just sucks cause I really don't want to spend anymore energy on boy names if it's not a boy. I can't think of a single one...I feel like I used all the ones I like, yet girl names would be so fun.

Well still nauseated but no throwing up FX! I have total pregnancy brain. I drove and parked at Costco today, but I meant to go to Target....and I'm already showing. I'm sure the parents at my kids' school are kinda wondering but don't want to ask in case I'm just getting fat LOL!
Ok just checking to see how everyone is doing!

Kris217
July 30th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Hey ladies!

I know I've heard that cycle post-mc sways girl as well; maybe it is just OWT as I've never searched for any evidence of it. I have 1 close friend who it did hold true for ... FX it holds truth for you GG! I think being the younger sister to older brothers is a great dynamic so I want to see all you boy mama's get those sweet little ladies!

GG I'm so sorry the nausea has hit hard... that is just the worst possible part of pg I think. DD1 was really rough for me, DD2 not at all, and this one is somewhere in the middle so far. I hope it gets better soon!

OOB I know your sway didn't go as planned what with the crazy conception but I am super happy you're now due in March with me! That is crazy about the door thing! I am SURE even if your T levels were high you didn't impact the bean; she'll be just lovely :cheer: But I totally get re-evaluating everything once you're pg; I couldn't stop thinking about what I did/didn't do in the weeks after the BFP but now it has settled down. FX that reading is picking up on truth and not just desire!

I had an u/s yesterday at my 8 week appt. The bean was SO CUTE! It never fails to amaze me how even at 8 weeks they already look like babies. Nice heartbeat, only 1 baby, so all good :happy: I didn't ask about the placenta and honestly, laying there on the table, I definitely felt 100% committed to not finding out this time. The experience brought back memories of how awful I felt when I learned DD2 was a girl ... I'd really rather not know this time around until birth. I'll be able to handle the news MUCH easier when I'm holding the baby and she's REAL instead of just "another girl" I can't cuddle and kiss.

When is everyone else scheduled for appointments?

How cool! I was wondering if it would look like a baby at 8 weeks as my first scan will be at 8 weeks. So 3 weeks to go :)

Cheekymoo
July 30th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Kris - So Gald your levels are doing well and all is looking good.

BEGONIA- So cute seeing your little bean so excited for you :) I admire your commitment to not finding out...I am starting to wonder if I should do this too...MY Gender reading said

Cheekymoo...I pick up strong Girl for you!!! ALthough tests may say boy..like Intelligender and so on..I believe because you have lots of male energy yourself...I also pick up a separation from a male around you...at an early age..military possibly...it is so strong that I have to mention it, but not totally clear as to why...and I also see you standing at a 4 corner crossroads..that means that any opportunities you take right now WILL NOT affect your life path and you can take them all if youwant... SO DO TAKE THEM ALL!!
God Bless!!!

and I felt soo disappointed and then guilty for feeling that way as If it is a girl she deserves to be celebrated too....but I am not sure i have enough patience I really don't -Are you a patient person normally?Or is it your past experience helping you stay strong?

Glitter girl- Glad your not throwing up :) I have started the nausea gig the last few days....but does it make me not want to eat? NOOO I only feel better with food in my tummy so much for trying to limit further damage after that boy diet!! LOL How do you get through the feeling? I have tried sipping lemon water but it helps for like 5 mins and then back to same?? Any low calorie ideas? LOL at the preggo brain - You just gotta laugh at yourself.......

OOBlue- Hope you managed to pack and are having lots of fun!!

begonia
July 30th, 2011, 10:10 AM
LOL Glitter, about parking at Costco instead of Target! So glad you've avoided the throwing up. Knock on wood but the nausea I've had since 5 DPO is actually seeming to dissipate ... I can't believe it ... I'm hoping it doesn't come back but the past 2 days I've felt close to normal.

Kris, I think it is so fun that this is your first. I really, really hope you have a super easy pregnancy so you can enjoy the experience; it is totally amazing. I can't wait to hear about your 1st appt! Your OB sounds great (from other posts) so that is going to make it so much easier on you! How is Sarah doing? Still trying?

Cheeky, I am NOT patient, at all. LOL. I am definitely a ready, fire, aim person IRL :bigsmile: It is 100% due to the past experience that I will wait this one out. If I hadn't felt such GD with DD2 I'd probably be finding out! Have you decided yet what you will do? And I wouldn't worry about the reading! Is anything else she said true? It could be she is picking up on the 2 girls you have already.

Oh and on that note yes Glitter I do think the naming thing is hard when you don't know .... I have one, maybe 2 girl names I can use, and we've always had a boy name but the problem is since we've had it for 5 years now it almost feels too familiar, so I feel like I need to reconsider everything. I wouldn't be shocked if we are in the hospital getting discharged and still scrambling for a name, regardless of gender!

Kris217
July 30th, 2011, 08:29 PM
LOL Glitter, about parking at Costco instead of Target! So glad you've avoided the throwing up. Knock on wood but the nausea I've had since 5 DPO is actually seeming to dissipate ... I can't believe it ... I'm hoping it doesn't come back but the past 2 days I've felt close to normal.

Kris, I think it is so fun that this is your first. I really, really hope you have a super easy pregnancy so you can enjoy the experience; it is totally amazing. I can't wait to hear about your 1st appt! Your OB sounds great (from other posts) so that is going to make it so much easier on you! How is Sarah doing? Still trying?

Cheeky, I am NOT patient, at all. LOL. I am definitely a ready, fire, aim person IRL :bigsmile: It is 100% due to the past experience that I will wait this one out. If I hadn't felt such GD with DD2 I'd probably be finding out! Have you decided yet what you will do? And I wouldn't worry about the reading! Is anything else she said true? It could be she is picking up on the 2 girls you have already.

Oh and on that note yes Glitter I do think the naming thing is hard when you don't know .... I have one, maybe 2 girl names I can use, and we've always had a boy name but the problem is since we've had it for 5 years now it almost feels too familiar, so I feel like I need to reconsider everything. I wouldn't be shocked if we are in the hospital getting discharged and still scrambling for a name, regardless of gender!

Thanks Begonia :) I'm still having morning sickness well all day sickness but i guess i can't complain. I'm grateful to be pregnant so i have to take the good with the bad. Sarah just had some endometriosis removed, her tubes flushed out and turns out one is blocked so she only has one to use. The Dr told us something interesting though, that even though she only has 1 tube it can catch the egg from either ovary which we didn't know! The dr also said the next 3 months will be the best time for her to try as her tubes are cleaned out and everything looks good and from past patients they usually get pregnant within 3 months of the surgery. She will probably try again next month, if the man that helped me will offer his help to her too. We sent him a message so now we're just waiting for a reply then we'll know if she will or won't be trying next month.
Good luck waiting to finding out the gender of your baby, i think that is a good idea....just not for me lol! Even if i don't get my boy i will still be happy. I even bought some baby girl clothes yesterday just in case lol. I have like 3 huge boxes of boy stuff which i'd really really like to see used though :)

Out of the Blue
August 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
Iluv – I’m hoping everything is okay w/you…:HH:

Kris – This is your first???? Oh, how wonderful!!! It’s all so exciting the 1st time!!! I’m sorry you’re feeling sick but YIPEEE, you’re preggo!!! I chose to find out the gender w/our 1st…Just being preg and delivering for the 1st time was a big enough surprise for me that finding out the gender wasn’t a big deal. Boy or girl, you will be smitten! So glad things are looking good! I can’t wait to hear about your first scan!

Cheekymoo – I felt the same way w/my reading…pretty disappointed and guilty. I want to make sure this boy of ours will be celebrated every bit as much as a girl would, especially b/c family might be less loving unintentionally (another boy, nothing different). I’m really hoping you get your boy!

Glitter – Aug 12 is your appt.??? Still far away! Will you be about 9 wks or so? Lol at the Cost-co/Target thing…I’m not doing that yet but I’m getting really clumsy. It’s so annoying. I’m glad you’re not throwing up! That is AWESOME!!! Nausea is bad enough! Hoping I won’t w/this one but it’s still early w/me. Ugh…I hear you on the boy names thing…I’ve got one but it’s just sooooo completely boring…snore…I can’t for the life of me come up w/something I really love and DH is NO help…I have to veto pretty much all of his choices (poor DH). I have no clue how we were even able to name DS#2. It was a real struggle.

Begonia – Sounds like a great appt.!!! I’m w/you on not finding out until birth. We waited w/DS#2 and it was wonderful. This is also our last so I want to ride the excitement as much as I can! I'm so curious about the Ramzi thing so I'm going to ask my OB to write it down in my notes and then to later have her tell me after birth b/c I want to find out if it was correct for me.

I haven’t made my appt. yet but my OB wants to see me between 6-7 wks…I’m going to make it for 7+ wks though since last time at 6+ wks, it was too early to see a heartbeat and I was freaking out until my next appt. I don’t think I could go through that again. I’m just waiting for m/s to kick in full-force like my other 2 pregnancies but maybe it won’t! It’s still early but I’m doing okay! My OB said she’ll give me a Zofran drip this time if I’m really sick again. I’m so glad I have this OB instead of the rotating ones I had w/my 1st pregnancy. No matter what, I know this one will take care of me, sick or not.

begonia
August 1st, 2011, 03:28 PM
Kris that is super exciting about Sarah! I have a friend IRL who had "unexplained infertility" after 1 year of trying, and they did the tubes flush, and she literally fell pg the second month after that. I think it absolutely can do the trick. That would be pretty neat if the same donor would work with her! And ITA with OOB ... our 1st pg was such a surprise (I was on the pill for crying out loud) that I wanted NO OTHER surprises so we found out gender AND I was induced, so even the bday wasn't a surprise! LOL! I think finding out is fun too, esp if you don't have any already. Then you can really get your nesting on!

OOB I read "costco" in your post re: Glitter and now all I can think about is wanting a churro from their food court, LOL. Ah, pregnancy and the appetite. So funny! I'm super excited about having a surprise this time! In fact I dreamt last night that I had my 12 week scan and they told me "boy" and I was livid that they ruined my delivery surprise, so much so I didn't even get excited about the boy! But also they told me (in the dream) the baby had Downs so I was just upset overall. Wretched dream. At my 8 week scan the doc pointed out where the yolk sac was and where the placenta was forming, and it is to my right side, which Ramzi would say is boy. But I'm not putting anything into that. I remember a friend from IG who swayed boy, had a right sided placenta, and had a girl. I think a good nub shot can be pretty accurate but I've decided to not nubsess as I really am 100% into wanting a surprise!

FX you get a nice strong heartbeat at the 7 week appointment! And FX you have no sickness! It can happen for sure! DD2 was just a dream pregnancy for me :happy:

Is anyone having cravings? I didn't really have them with either of my other pg's but I have been obsessed with nectarines and rueben sandwiches :rofl:

Kris217
August 1st, 2011, 08:14 PM
OOB- Yep this is my first and maybe last baby, we'll have to see what life is like a few years down the track before i plan for another one. Raising 3 kids that aren't our own kind of restricts what we can and can't do, this house just isn't big enough!
My first scan is in 17 days, but the one after that i might be able to find out the sex....depends on when that will be. My sister said "don't tell me if it's a boy or girl cos i want a surprise, i won't even go into the nursery to keep it a secret" lol good luck with that sis. I'm sure it will slip out during conversations or something.

Begonia- my donor said YES to Sarah too!!! He said it will be great to have our kids related and will be donation to us again next cycle :) When we were baby shopping the other day there just isn't many nice neutral things, everything is either white, green or yellow and rather dull so it will be much more fun to shop once we know what we're having!

begonia
August 1st, 2011, 11:05 PM
Kris that is AWESOME! I am so excited he saw it that way! FX she gets pregnant next cycle!!!!

Kris217
August 2nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
Thanks girl!!

Cheekymoo
August 2nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Kris - so excited for you having your first baby is such a milestone in life- everything is so new and amazing:)njoy every second before you know it your baby will be in your arms!

OOB- It's nice to know you felt the same way with your reading :) I just got such guilts! If we end up with the opposite genders mabye we will have to do a swap ;) LOl But FX at least one of our readings have got to be wrong!

Begonia- No cravings as such here...but I am strangely NOT wanting chocolate/sweets as much as normal?? I thought I would be going crazy after that darn boy diet but nope- I have a well stocked pantry(my present to myself for swaying) and am not even tempted...if anything just want my meat and vege?? and well just LOTS of basic foods.

As for me got my 1st appoint on thurs will be 6wks 5 days......hoping they can see a heartbeat but wondering if i should have left it a bit longer now.....but too late as hubby has booked the day off what do you think?? will they see a heartbeat that early?

begonia
August 2nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Cheeky that is me! I was this way with DD1 ... not wanting many sweets. I totally thought I'd be all over them now that I'm off the boy diet!

I've not had an appointment that early but would think they can find a heartbeat with an u/s machine. Not sure though? Mine always wait to at least 8 for that reason; I think you can find one earlier but it isn't as easy.

Last night and this morning I'm going crazy wanting to know what this baby is, LOL. It's totally bumming me out bc I think it is another girl. I hate feeling this way esp when I don't even know it is, I just think it is, KWIM? This not finding out thing is going to be very hard somedays, because I'm not holding out hope for a son anyway, so instead I'm just sad about not ever having one. I don't want to find out but I also don't want to spend the next 7 months fretting about what might not even be true. It feels like a no-win situation.

Obviously I'm moody today :wink:

Out of the Blue
August 3rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Begonia –I’m so sorry about your terrible dream….That's just awful! I’ve been having a lot of really low thoughts about the health of my little bub lately. It’s terrible, especially since I’m such a worrier normally anyway. I know worrying doesn't change anything and probably even makes things worse but I can't help myself. I love this guy and I want him here healthy, safe and sound! I’m feeling kind of similar to you…sometimes I go crazy wanting to know the sex of this baby, partly b/c if it’s a girl, I can stop feeling so bad that it’s not and then also if it’s a boy, I don’t have to keep my false dream alive any longer…I’m just hoping I can stay the course and not find out b/c I remember how cool it was finding out on D-day. Man…I’m kinda torn! I sort of really want to “nubsess”...

OMG…Reuben sammies….I’m a vegetarian but they were my favies as a kid. I make some really kick-@$$ vegan Ruebens sometimes…now I reallllly want one, especially before major nausea starts! Still have my FX it’ll be a wonderful last pregnancy tied up w/a pink bow at the end! BTW - now I’m going to think of you and churros every time I go to Cost-co, lol. I’ve never had one…maybe I’ll have to try one for you!

Kris – your sister is never going to make it! There’s just no possible way unless she lives across the country and never visits. Too funny…I’m wondering how long she can make it w/out knowing. Bet she’ll know by the time you’re about 28 wks or so. I agree w/you on the shopping…just not good gender neutral stuff out there! It seems like what would work well for a boy wouldn’t be that great on a girl and vice-versa. I’m excited you’re finding out b/c I can live vicariously through your results if I do indeed wait to find out on this one. Whether this is your only baby or you go on to have one or two more, just enjoy the ride…yucky nausea and all. It’s such an experience and even though in your last mos, you’ll be so ready to deliver, you’ll actually miss your belly bump after you do. Take it all in, Mama!!!

Cheeky – I totally almost wrote in my last post that we should swap kiddos if we wind up w/the wrong gender, lol. Ahhhhh, if it was only that easy, lol. I know there’s nothing I can do about the gender of my baby now but I still really want my girl and if I screwed it up on this last time that I’ll ever be preg again, AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!! I know I’ll love this little guy but I’ll always be missing my girl. I know you can relate b/c you need your boy just as much. I forgot…are you waiting to find out or will you be “nubsessing”? There’s a good chance you’ll be able to see the heartbeat at 6w5d but it really depends on your doc’s equipment. If you don’t see a heartbeat, DON’T GET DOWN since it may take a few more days. Here’s a link that you may find useful (scroll down to week 6): http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm

Well, no crazy cravings here…just eating well for the most part. I put on 4 lbs since I found out I was preg and I hope to put on a few more before I’m 8 wks incase I lose weight again w/this pregnancy. It’s kind of fun to put on weight instead of being on the eat-nothing-but-air-and-white-rice girl diet. I made my 1st appointment for Aug 16th so I should be 7w4d I think. I’m excited and nervous but frankly just ready to get this show on the road! I was looking at baby names yesterday and I’ve got a nice new one for a girl but DH doesn’t like my boy names. They’re recycled from the last two times around when he vetoed them then as well…AAAHHHHRRRRGGGG!

begonia
August 3rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Vegan rueben?!? Do you just do kraut and russian dressing and vegan cheese or do you use a meat sub too? It's funny as I'm not vegan but used to be vegetarian, and lately I'm thinking I might go back to vegetarian post-pg. Although so far the only meat I've wanted while pg is in the rueben, LOL! And OH MY the churros are delish and huge ... I share one with my girls :happy:

Your thoughts do sound just like mine! I was having breakfast with a friend this morning and wondering if I want false hope thru the pg that it could be a boy, as much as I try to just believe it is a girl so I can be surprised IF it is a boy, part of me keeps clinging to the hope that it IS a boy. I want to shove that part in a sack because I wish it would just go away. I hate having gender desire. I know it'll pass for me one the LO is here but until then I think it is going to be a recurring theme :mad:

FX you don't get sick this time around!!! It can happen even if your 1st two were tough! So excited you have an appointment booked ... that will help ease some of the worrying :happy:

ELP
August 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I have my 1st midwife visit tomorrow! Its in an area that I'm not familiar with so that will be a nightmare, I get lost going out the front door! I have to admit I'm excited though! I have a feeling that my iron is low as I have been completely lethargic for the past few days, and iron is something that usually drops on me, but the iron tablets give me terrible constipation lol, and plays havoc with my farmer giles:oops:

begonia
August 11th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Our little March thread has been so slow! OOB and Glitter I hope you girls are feeling well!

Anyone had any fun appointments to fill us in on?!?! My next one isn't for 2 more weeks but I'll be having my NT scan and am keeping FX for a healthy little bean!

iluvmyman
August 11th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I was able to see my baby's heartbeat on Wednesday. such a sigh of relief! I have the normal kaiser appt on Wed where you fill out all the paperwork and they give information to a bunch of prego people then another Dr. appt on Friday. I imagine my appts will go to once per month at that point.

ELP
August 12th, 2011, 03:27 AM
I have my NT scan on the 1st September, very excited about that, secretly hoping to see twins of course but I am 99.99% that I won't lol. My kids go back to school on the 5th from Summer break so hopefully I'll feel confident to start telling people if they ask, which they do, daily, which is annoying!

I can't wait to see babies heartbeat! I keep being tempted to book a scan but then as I am happy that baby is ok I feel that that would ruin the NT scan 1st look with all arms and legs in place if that makes sense:)

Kris217
August 12th, 2011, 07:03 AM
My 1st scan is a week from today :) not expecting to see much but will be thrilled by a beating heart!

begonia
August 12th, 2011, 09:08 AM
My 1st scan is a week from today :) not expecting to see much but will be thrilled by a beating heart!

Kris you might be surprised! I was 8 weeks 2 days at my scan and you can clearly see that it is a tiny baby ... head, rump, and even the little arms starting to show.

ELP people are already asking you??! Are you showing already? I wouldn't be surprised given this is #9 but still, I can't believe you can be showing enough that people feel comfortable asking you. I typically don't ever ask, LOL, I'm too afraid to be wrong or she'll have JUST had the baby or something horrific like that!

ELP
August 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
LOL, No not showing but due to my compulsive pregnancy habits:bigsmile: people just tend to ask me on a daily basis 'Is the new one in there yet??' Lately I answer 'No, I'm having the summer off and he's promised me twins for xmas':agree: This usually shuts them up for a week:agree: If I had my way I would just deny it full stop! And say that my belly was a cyst which was being looked into, seriously!! People just drive me nuts atm, hate them!! WHy is what you do anybodies business! Sorry going into a rant here lol, I think its the pressure of knowing 'the conversations' are going to come up again 'Do you think its a boy this time, I doubt it' and aaaaaallllll the rest!!!! The one I'm now dreading telling is my Dad, he goes physically white and his knees almost give out each time I tell him :rolleyes: I know he just worries, but come on! he must have realised that its a seasonal thing with me like Easter!

begonia
August 12th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I know he just worries, but come on! he must have realised that its a seasonal thing with me like Easter!

Oh ELP you crack me up!!!!

I've mentioned it before but the one thing about pregnancy I really don't like is perfect strangers know this intensely personal thing about me just by looking at me ... and they comment on it, and offer advice, and UGH that whole bit just drives me insane! If I could keep it a secret all 9 months and just pop up one day with a baby I would!

Other than that though I enjoy pregnancy :bigsmile:

Glittergirl
August 19th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Sorry I haven't been on girls! School started up for the kids, my work schedule changed and I still have bad night sickness. we got to hear the babies heartbeat last week which was a HUGE sigh of relief for me! Doc put me on zofran which makes a little bit of difference--it does help but now I'm constipated LOL! told dh not sure which is worse....actually nausea is worse LOL! glad to catchup on you all! I wish I could be online longer but this night time nausea kills me i just wanna crawl into bed! With the others I had it in the morning and not this bad....FX it's a girl this time!!!!

Kris217
August 20th, 2011, 05:49 AM
I've hardly had time to keep up with all my groups lately! My mum just went into a nursing home so we're going through all her possessions which is a massive job!
Anyway, had my first scan yesterday. Didn't see much as the machine was a very basic one. I am having my dating scan during the week so i'm sure we'll see more then :)

WantAnotherBoy
August 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Hello, ladies! I'm due March 21, is it okay if I join you?

Glittergirl
August 20th, 2011, 12:10 PM

Welcome!

Kris217
August 21st, 2011, 06:28 AM

Of course, welcome :)

begonia
August 22nd, 2011, 02:52 PM
Welcome Wanta!

Glitter I'm glad you got to see the heartbeat! And hope the zofran kicks in nicely.

Kris how is your nausea? Glad you got a scan too! Keep us posted on the next one.

I have my NT scan Thursday! Can't wait to see the bean and am just keeping everything crossable crossed that we are blessed with one more healthy baby. I will feel heaps better after seeing the LO again; I wouldn't say I'm stressed about it but I've had enough friends NOT have healthy babies that I'm certainly not ignorant to reality. So ... FX for everything to look good!

Glittergirl
August 23rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
Good luck Begonia! I totally know how you feel! I go in for my NT scan in almost 2 weeks and I too am just praying for a healthy baby--I work with children with special needs so I know how fortunate it is to have a healthy baby!
Zofran doesn't work all that great for me, so I'm just really trying to sleep away the next few weeks and pray this nausea goes away. Anyone else feeling sick? I will take any tips you have to ease the nausea!

Kris217
August 23rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Welcome Wanta!

Glitter I'm glad you got to see the heartbeat! And hope the zofran kicks in nicely.

Kris how is your nausea? Glad you got a scan too! Keep us posted on the next one.

I have my NT scan Thursday! Can't wait to see the bean and am just keeping everything crossable crossed that we are blessed with one more healthy baby. I will feel heaps better after seeing the LO again; I wouldn't say I'm stressed about it but I've had enough friends NOT have healthy babies that I'm certainly not ignorant to reality. So ... FX for everything to look good!

My ob prescribed Maxalon and it has helped a lot, not completely gone but so much better! I had a bad day yesterday, the pills wouldn't work and I felt horrible so I'm just waiting to see if they work today, if not she also prescribed Zofran if I need it. I had another scan on Monday, to see how far along I was. She said 8 weeks 2 days and everything looked fine.
I have my NT Sept 19th and I'm sure we'll get much better shots of the baby :)

I'm sure your NT will be just fine, we will all have our fingers crossed for you!!

begonia
August 23rd, 2011, 10:14 PM
Zofran doesn't work all that great for me, so I'm just really trying to sleep away the next few weeks and pray this nausea goes away. Anyone else feeling sick? I will take any tips you have to ease the nausea!

Well .... I wasn't going to say it b/c I didn't want to be a downer but since you mentioned it ... Zofran did nothing for me either. With DD1 I was physically sick every.single.day and nothing at all helped. I tried the sea bands, drinking water that had been boiled with ginger, eating before I got up ... I don't know; I am sure there are some things out there but I just couldn't seem to kick it. I hope yours goes away soon. Did you have it with the boys? I had it with DD1 but not DD2.

Kris glad the maxalon seems to be helping! I think pregnancy nausea is really just rotten. How exciting to have your NT scan scheduled!

FX for all of us to see squirmy healthy little ones in the scans coming up in days and weeks ahead!

Cheekymoo
August 24th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Wantanotherboy- welcome :)

Kris and Glitter girl -Nausea sounds horrid :( I hope it goes away in the next few weeks when the placenta takes over! mine has def eased up although now i am stressing that something is wrong LOL so can't win either way:)

Begonia how exciting that your scan is so soon let us know how it goes hope you get a cute pic to post.

AFM- haven't been on much as not much to report - I did just book my NT scan which is in 3 weeks time and also my ob is away so booked to see him when he gets back- i will be 16 weeks to the day.....wondering if i might get to find out the sex at that one my last ob did it around that point with my last DD so maybe?:) trying to not get too excited....

A

Kris217
August 24th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Wantanotherboy- welcome :)

Kris and Glitter girl -Nausea sounds horrid :( I hope it goes away in the next few weeks when the placenta takes over! mine has def eased up although now i am stressing that something is wrong LOL so can't win either way:)

Begonia how exciting that your scan is so soon let us know how it goes hope you get a cute pic to post.

AFM- haven't been on much as not much to report - I did just book my NT scan which is in 3 weeks time and also my ob is away so booked to see him when he gets back- i will be 16 weeks to the day.....wondering if i might get to find out the sex at that one my last ob did it around that point with my last DD so maybe?:) trying to not get too excited....

A

Oh 16 weeks should be good to find out the sex, how exciting!!!

Cheekymoo
August 24th, 2011, 07:54 PM
yes kris thats what i am thinking :) 10 october seems sooooo far away !

ELP
August 25th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I just felt baby fluttering, I'm sure of it:HH: Just had to share lol, sorry :oops:

begonia
August 25th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Oh ELP!!! That's just wonderful, I'm so happy for you!!

Had my NT scan this am and my wiggly little baby showed no signs of a nub, but good signs for everything being a-ok healthwise! YAY!!!! So fun to see it; really was just non-stop motion though, LOL!

Cheeky yay for your scans getting scheduled! We found out with DD2 at 16 weeks so I think if your LO is cooperating you should definitely be able to tell. FX you can see all you need to see ... and maybe you'll get a great nub!

Cheekymoo
August 26th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Damn just wiped my long post......have to go out.....so

to condense it LOL

Elp - fantastic on the movement - so special !
Begonia- Congrats on a healthy baby- what more can one hope for?

Kris217
August 26th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Oh ELP!!! That's just wonderful, I'm so happy for you!!

Had my NT scan this am and my wiggly little baby showed no signs of a nub, but good signs for everything being a-ok healthwise! YAY!!!! So fun to see it; really was just non-stop motion though, LOL!

Cheeky yay for your scans getting scheduled! We found out with DD2 at 16 weeks so I think if your LO is cooperating you should definitely be able to tell. FX you can see all you need to see ... and maybe you'll get a great nub!

Awesome news, a healthy bub is the most important thing!

Glittergirl
August 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM
ELP that's so awesome! Can't wait to feel that feeling! Yesterday and today have been really good days. Maybe this nausea thing is behind me. Don't wanna jinx myself but I'm really feeling great for 2 days now! maybe I'll get some house cleaning done finally. I've let the place go besides the basic like dishes and laundry LOL!!!!
Begonia--fantastic news about the NT. the best gift is a healthy baby!!! Mine is next week and I've got my fingers crossed for a healthy lil one!!!

Glittergirl
August 29th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Kris and Begonia--yeah the Zofran didn't do much--it took the edge off a bit and I only took it on nights that I got physically ill. I mainly just gag/dry heave and that feeling of plain ole crappiness LOL! I didn't get it this bad with the boys...it gives me some hope this may be a girl, but then again I do realize it's OWT and each pregnancy is diff. But I have to say this one by far I have been the sickest. Anyway, today and yesterday were great days! thanks ya'll!!!

Kris217
August 31st, 2011, 02:11 AM
I seem to get worse at night just before bed. This morning I woke up and took my Maxalon but within 5 mins I was in the bathroom throwing up. Can't wait for this to be over with, I was naive to think I wouldn't get it lol. If I gag even once I can't stop it, I will puke but thank god it hasn't happened out in public....yet!
Apparently it's worse when the baby is a girl so FX for you glittergirl! Hope we're all over it asap so we can get on and enjoy the pregnancy :)

ELP
August 31st, 2011, 03:46 AM
Thats just awful for you ladies still suffering:(, but one the slightly bright side you know it also means a strong pregnancy:flowerz: I'm in for my scan tomorrow afternoon, super excited! Between us I would love to see 2 lol, but I am 100% certain its just the 1 little passenger, I hope theres a nub to see but I think I'm going to be a bit early for a perfect shot so a delivery surprise it will stay!!!

begonia
August 31st, 2011, 02:27 PM
ELP can't wait to hear all about it!! Post pics!

Glitter when is yours, must be soon this week, here's hoping all looks just perfect :-) I was super sick with DD1 and not at all sick with DD2 ... DD1 is by far my easier child though so here's hoping it's a sign that you're having a girl who is well behaved, LOL! My DD2's easiest days were when she was in my womb ;-)

Kris I did get sick in public, it was a nightmare. I remember walking into my office building, getting on the elevator with a load of people, and as the doors were shutting I had to literally force my way out ... made it out into the street where I lost it all over the sidewalk. It was definitely one of my most embarrassing moments!

Glittergirl
August 31st, 2011, 04:13 PM
Oh that's just awful Begonia. I work in people's home with their kids (home health) and I am so scared to get sick while working with their kids I chew gum or suck on jolly ranchers. I had 2 great days and it all started up again yesterday. can't wait to enjoy this preg. I will take this sickness anyday if it means a girl LOL! Heck or even if it means a sticky bean!!!! My scan is next Tues...I will be watching for a nub!!!

WantAnotherBoy
August 31st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all for the warm welcome! Can't wait to hear everyone's updates.

My 12 week scan is next Friday, don't know what to expect. With my son I had an u/s at 13 weeks and was told "80% sure, a boy" and she was right. I hope this ultrasound tech is as good at her job as the last one was!

Good luck and hope for healthy babies to all!

begonia
August 31st, 2011, 05:22 PM
Oh fun, WantAnotherBoy! FX you see a nice healthy bean and boy nub again!

Glitter that would be pretty rotten to get sick around the kiddos! I'm glad you had a couple good days though, FX that means you're CLOSE to turning a corner even if today is tough. I hope you see a nice flat nub! Definitely tell us how it goes; I'll be thinking of you Tuesday!

iluvmyman
August 31st, 2011, 05:27 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all for the warm welcome! Can't wait to hear everyone's updates.

My 12 week scan is next Friday, don't know what to expect. With my son I had an u/s at 13 weeks and was told "80% sure, a boy" and she was right. I hope this ultrasound tech is as good at her job as the last one was!

Good luck and hope for healthy babies to all!

That's amazing, I haven't heard of 80% that early. I might ask at mine in a few weeks. I s/b 13 weeks as well, according to my dates that is. GL GL!

begonia
August 31st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Iluv I think particularly at 13 weeks the nubs can be very revealing! From what I've read around 11-12 weeks, a "girl" looking flat nub might still rise (so possibly might mistake a boy for a girl), but in general, if the nub is angling up you've got VERY good odds that it is in fact a boy.

Kris217
September 2nd, 2011, 06:01 AM
My morning sickness has gotten much worse, the Maxalon doesn't work any more. I'm throwing up every morning and night and fighting the urge all day! I'm even loosing weight, good in a way but it's not really what should be happening. The strangest things make me gag, a yellow bucket.....I think because it reminds me of pee lol the black bucket I am fine with. Our bathroom and bedroom also make me gag, I think it's because that is where I am when I'm feeling sick the most. Can hardly brush my teeth, my tongue is almost impossible most days. I was throwing up in the backyard yesterday, the neighbour was out so that was embarrassing! I can't eat much at all, no point having breakfast until after I throw up cos I just know it is gonna happen. I do feel a little better once I vomit, it's just bad cos in the morning it's yellow bile coming up....yuck!!
Anyway other than that all is well, got my NT scan on the 19th, and an appt with my Ob on the 12th :)

iluvmyman
September 2nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
My morning sickness has gotten much worse, the Maxalon doesn't work any more. I'm throwing up every morning and night and fighting the urge all day! I'm even loosing weight, good in a way but it's not really what should be happening. The strangest things make me gag, a yellow bucket.....I think because it reminds me of pee lol the black bucket I am fine with. Our bathroom and bedroom also make me gag, I think it's because that is where I am when I'm feeling sick the most. Can hardly brush my teeth, my tongue is almost impossible most days. I was throwing up in the backyard yesterday, the neighbour was out so that was embarrassing! I can't eat much at all, no point having breakfast until after I throw up cos I just know it is gonna happen. I do feel a little better once I vomit, it's just bad cos in the morning it's yellow bile coming up....yuck!!
Anyway other than that all is well, got my NT scan on the 19th, and an appt with my Ob on the 12th :)

Kris, the best thing I can recommend is acupuncture. Its sooo helpful! There are other natural remedies but might even be cheaper than those meds you were taking Sometimes they have a 1st time fee that's more expensive but it's worth checking out for sure.

iluvmyman
September 2nd, 2011, 01:53 PM

Kris, the best thing I can recommend is acupuncture. Its sooo helpful! There are other natural remedies but might even be cheaper than those meds you were taking Sometimes they have a 1st time fee that's more expensive but it's worth checking out for sure.

Also try eating really bland food every hour or two like crackers, toast etc. So sorry!!!!!

iluvmyman
September 2nd, 2011, 01:57 PM
Iluv I think particularly at 13 weeks the nubs can be very revealing! From what I've read around 11-12 weeks, a "girl" looking flat nub might still rise (so possibly might mistake a boy for a girl), but in general, if the nub is angling up you've got VERY good odds that it is in fact a boy.

Oooohhh! I'll have to ask. hopefully the U/S tech will be extra friendly to us.

iluvmyman
September 2nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
Finally starting to have a bit more energy. I'm def. still tired but not those really hard don't want to get out of bed crashed I was getting. it feels so great being more normal again. You kinda forget that you used to have energy. :) I got 1/2 of the kids room cleaned last night which is great since it's been un-walkable for a good 2 weeks then cleaned my MIL's downstairs and had to crash for a bit.

begonia
September 2nd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Kris, you poor thing!!! Oh how I remember that torture. I am so, so sorry! I hope it clears up for you quickly ... when I was that sick it was right at 15 weeks when it finally quit. Nothing worked for me but I never tried acupuncture, can you maybe give that a go like Iluv suggested?

Iluv glad you've got some energy back! Mine is still pretty low, I think in part due to the heat but we're supposed to get a break and have temps in the low 90's next week so that will feel refreshing, LOL. Yes, definitely ask about the nub area! I just asked for a full length body profile shot, and got one, the one I posted here ... but it had no hint of nub. Best is when babe is lying flat on its back. I used to look at them all the time on IG bc I found it so fascinating that you could tell so early! I think many are ambiguous but a IMO good boy shot is pretty obvious and reliable at week 13.

DoulaMama
September 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Hey Girls, just wanted to see if anyone had heard from Out of the Blue lately? I know she was dealing with a blood clot and there was some worry...I've been thinking about her a lot lately.

begonia
September 4th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Haven't seen her around DM ... I know she was struggling with that and the sudden weaning though; I hope she's well! We will all just keep a lookout for an update from her.

Glittergirl
September 6th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I'm back from my NT scan. All went well. We got lots of cute shots and the tech was super nice. the neck measurement was really nice so fingers crossed for a healthy baby! S/he had arms and legs and fingers and toes...so I was very relieved as I had trouble sleeping last night. Never this worried before with other pregnancies! I asked her if she saw a nub and if there are any guesses on gender. (I did tell her I wanna be surprised but I don't mind guesses) She went on to talk about the "educated guesses" other places do but they don't allow that here so i had to keep squinting to see if I saw anything. With DS3 it was obvious as day at the NT scan. that was the first thing i saw and said "oh my gosh is that a penis!!??" I was so shocked to see it that early! This time around I couldn't see any nub, and I'm looking back at the pics but I think the leg is in the way. gonna review the dvd they made me and see if I see anything. Will keep you posted and try to figure a way to post a pic....don't have a scanner :(
Kris--Hope you feel better. I am finally feeling good these past few days--just evening sickness which I usually just try to go to bed after I eat so I don't feel the nausea! Hope it gets better for you it truly sucks to be sick and not enjoy the pregnancy!

Glittergirl
September 6th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Just posted my pics on ultrasound board. Any guesses???

iluvmyman
September 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Congrats glittergirl. Maybe not seeing anything this time is a good thing. I wonder if we can ask the U/S tech..Ok if you cant say could you at least hang that U/S right where is s/b for a minute and let me guess. They move it so fast I can never tell but I'll ask.

OK this is my 11th week (according to me) and I'm not very hungry. It's making me worry just a little and not having those weekly u/s has been tougher than I thought. I miss that reassurance every week. NT US scheduled on the 20th so i more full week to go. I can't wait!!!

We pretty much told everyone about the baby now so that's good to be out of the way.

ELP
September 8th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Thats great news about going public iluv! Its horrible wondering and dreading how people will react. I finally told my dad the other day, he said 'As long as I'm happy' I was lucky that when I phoned he was out so I told my step-mum lol, she is the master at telling him in a calm and responsible way. The scrapes she got me out of as a teenager, I can tell you!!!!:rofl:

GG, I couldn't see anything on your scan, and if you think you couldn't either whilst watching it then I'd keep hold of that with both hands xxx
kris, I hope you are starting to feel better soon xx
ootb, thinking of you xx
Begonia, how are you feeling! Are you starting to get a bit excited like myself lol!! xx
Cheekymoo, wantanotherboy and 3 boys check in soon ok xxxxx

Is anyone else really starting to get excited!!

swish
September 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Hi girls, have any of you heard from out of the blue, she hasn't been around for a bit and I was wondering about her, thanks!

begonia
September 9th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Swish she hasn't checked in since her report on her scan that showed the clot (I think that's what it was?) ... hoping she will update us soon. I think of her often too!

ELP I would be excited if I had a stellar nub shot like you and Glitter!!! It sure looks to me like both of you have REALLY good odds for getting your DG this time! But I have nothing ... just hope ... and I sure hope I get a peek at our anatomy scan. Darn DH and his not finding out. Though I have to remind myself that the surprise will be a neat experience! I keep hoping DD1 will be like, NO!!! I want to find out now!!! And it will convince DH to find out, LOL!

Iluv I'm glad you're getting it out there. Funny how once you tell someone you just end up telling everyone. I'm practically telling the cashier at the grocery these days.

iluvmyman
September 9th, 2011, 04:50 PM
ELP - how many weeks were you when you had the U/S? I can't tell anything but I hear the "experts" are saying congrats on your baby boy. how exciting!
Those little comments like "as long as your happy" always seem to come from Dad's. Just twist that knife a little Dad. :)

Begonia, it's easier to tell random strangers too. Plus I want everyone to know that I'm not just fat. :) Of coarse that baby is still near my pelvis but they don'ts gots to know. :)

ELP
September 10th, 2011, 03:57 AM
ELP - how many weeks were you when you had the U/S? I can't tell anything but I hear the "experts" are saying congrats on your baby boy. how exciting!
Those little comments like "as long as your happy" always seem to come from Dad's. Just twist that knife a little Dad. :)

Begonia, it's easier to tell random strangers too. Plus I want everyone to know that I'm not just fat. :) Of coarse that baby is still near my pelvis but they don'ts gots to know. :)
Thanks iluv:) The private scan with the great piccies was at 12+6, I've never paid for a scan before but I'm glad I did, it has kind of taken away the obsession without really knowing, as nubs are never an official guess are they:) So I don't feel like I've cheated this baby:)
I'm exactly the same with the chubby belly line lol!! My fat boy sway stomach is positively massive!!! I'm the same weight I was when i deliver my last baby! And looking it! I'm hoping to start some more healthier eating soon and stabilising the load lol!!

begonia
September 10th, 2011, 09:53 AM

I haven't even told my dad yet, LOL. He lives in another country and doesn't have a phone so we only "talk" via email and the last one he sent was June. I'm sure he'll say something like "as long as you're happy" too so I can wait on hearing that, no rush!

Iluv you'll be finding out right? I'm so struggling with the wait!!! DH even said last night we can find out if it is really driving me bonkers, but I know he has ALWAYS wanted to have a surprise, even before we were ever pg with our 1st he said he thought that would be so special ... so I really, really want to give him that. I might try to find out and not tell him, LOL ... is that so bad?!? Like if I went for a private scan and didn't tell him??? I think I could keep the secret....

ELP
September 10th, 2011, 11:31 AM
A secret scan B!!! That would be coooooooll!! Could you keep it secret though? If you could and you want to know then why not!! And if he finds out you've been then just keep teasing him by saying 'She's active today' then 'He's wiggling again' straight after:bigsmile:

WantAnotherBoy
September 10th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Hi, ladies!!

I'm 12 weeks 2 days now! I have my first trimester testing coming up on Thursday, when I'll be 13 weeks 1 day. I'm really, really hoping the u/s tech will be willing to take the time to check out any nub action LOL! I found out my 2 year old was a boy at 13 weeks on the nose, but I remember being told "I'm only 80% sure, so don't paint the nursery yet!"

I'll have another u/s Sept. 30, so I think by then it will be more definitive. SO excited for Thursday!

Hope everyone is doing well--those with nausea issues, I hope it gets better for you soon! With my little boy, it lasted until about 14 weeks. (This one's been very kind to me so far as far as that goes.)

Begonia, I would TOTALLY do it in your position! I can't NOT know. If you feel you can keep the secret, go for it!

begonia
September 10th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Wantanother, how exciting about Thursday! You must come post scan pics for us ... ELP's were really FAB! Even if you can't see that nub scans are so fun, and I love the early pics.

LOL, to you guys cheering me on with my secret scan plan! I do think I can keep a secret, in fact I am sure of it, but I will say this: if it is a boy, I'll have NO trouble/guilt keeping it to myself. But if it is a girl, on the rare days that DH says something or another about "maybe" it being a boy (he thinks it is a girl, b/c why on earth would we make a boy this time?!?!), I'll be eaten up knowing that it isn't. Does that make sense? So anyhow ... I did check out scan places/prices, and my current plan is IF I can't see enough to know at our next scan (16-17 weeks, so in about 2 weeks time) and IF I really am just going crazy, I'll book one ... but FX I get a big enough hint at our scan and then I don't have the moral dilemma, LOL!

My other concern is that while I actually feel pretty great about the idea of girl #3 right now, IF I find out it is a girl ... will I have GD? I think it is totally possible. But I think if I wait it out I'll be a-ok with a sweet baby girl when I'm holding her.

Decisions, decisions!

ELP
September 11th, 2011, 03:09 AM
B, I can honestly say that if you wait, and meet a sweet little lady at birth, you will hold her, look at her and say 'Do you know what little one, your gorgeous, you would have been the tiniest fraction more gorgeous if you had a little extra bit, but your mine and nothing in this world is ever gonna harm you:)' and this feeling will probably last about 10 minutes?? Then your mothers defensive instincts kick in, and God help anybody who dares says 'Never mind, you can get a boy next time.' GRRR!!!!! Go straight for the eyes;):bigsmile:

But!! If you do find out and its a boy then happy days!!! And if its a girl and you feel like letting DH down gently then think of it as telling a child that Father Christmas doesn't exist and they should grow up! Your DH is going to fall in love with who ever he meets in that delivery room, he's gonna fall in love with you all over again aswell like they do lol, soppy fools:HH::)

Decisions!!!! I know WE want a sneak peek of who you got;), but if you can hold off and you've never held off before then its a whole new torturous, mind screwing, exciting experience!!!:rofl:

ELP
September 11th, 2011, 03:11 AM
WantA, great gestation for a scan!!!! Have you looked through loads of ultrasound clips on you tube??? Kind of like homework:) Then YOU will know what your seeing even if the tech prints you some inconclusive pictures;) Best of luck with your blue, I've got a very lucky feeling about this site!!!

begonia
September 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM
but if you can hold off and you've never held off before then its a whole new torturous, mind screwing, exciting experience!!!:rofl:

LOL! This is the BEST description of what the wait is! I actually had a dream last night that I went to the private scan and found out it was a boy, and instead of being thrilled I was quite angry with myself for ruining the surprise. I think deep down I really, really want to wait ... but aaaaargh ... patience is NOT something I have EVER been good about!

And ITA with re: to the DH ... I think it would be OK to let him hold onto the hope even if I did go find out and it is a girl :)

We'll see ... the place I was looking at online will do the scan at 16 weeks, which is shockingly close! I mean, I could know in like ... 9 days?!?!!? Tempting for sure!!!

WantAnotherBoy
September 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM
ELP, I have looked at TONS of 13 week scans, including my son's. I don't see a darn thing most of the time LOL! I just bought a new printer/scanner, hopefully I can get it up and running by next weekend so I can post the pics.

According to Intelligender, it's a boy, which probably means it's a girl! Either way, I'll find out for sure Sept. 30. My friend is an u/s tech & promised me a freebie. I know she won't stop staring at that screen until she can tell me for sure what it is. :)

Oh begonia, what a tough decision!! When I do find out the gender, I'm not telling anyone, at least not at first, so maybe we'll both be keeping a big secret!

DoulaMama
September 11th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Don't do it Begonia!!!!! It is such an amazing moment, meeting your wet little babe and discovering(before anybody else does)what you have. I've experienced both knowing and not, and hands down, the surprise is sooooo totally worth the torturous wait! :D I wouldn't even want to look at a nub shot as I just couldn't jeopardize the surprise :) Just my 2 cents ofcourse! Oh and I secretly found out with DS2 and it sucked. My hubby was certain he was a girl(which of course is what I was hoping for!)and when we'd go shopping he'd pick out cute girl outfits and show me, he wanted to find the perfect girl name, he would say "she" all the time. I on the otherhand had to pretend that my mommy instinct was telling me boy:( it sucked to pretend I didn't know. Anyhow.....sorry to crash and be a party pooper:( xoxo good luck with your decision!

begonia
September 12th, 2011, 09:55 AM
DM you're always welcome, I think there's no such thing as crashing :) Seriously though ... I was just saying to the blue crew that I will be more proud of myself if I can wait til delivery than I would be of myself for having an unmedicated birth, that's how against my very nature it is to wait on things! I could handle another month or so of waiting but heavens ... 6 more?!?! I ordered a couch yesterday that won't arrive til January and I was like, that is FOREVER away ... and EVEN then I still will be pregnant and not knowing what I'm having. Can I reeeeeally do this?!?!?

I'm going to try. I'm hoping the sonographer accidentally tells me, LOL, then I find out but it isn't my fault :rofl:

I can't believe you sneaky-found-out once! I see you as such a zen mama :) Thanks so much for sharing your experiences; I think you're fab and such an asset to this board!

DoulaMama
September 12th, 2011, 11:38 AM
DM you're always welcome, I think there's no such thing as crashing :) Thank you :) Seriously though ... I was just saying to the blue crew that I will be more proud of myself if I can wait til delivery than I would be of myself for having an unmedicated birth, that's how against my very nature it is to wait on things! I could handle another month or so of waiting but heavens ... 6 more?!?! I ordered a couch yesterday that won't arrive til January and I was like, that is FOREVER away ... and EVEN then I still will be pregnant and not knowing what I'm having. Can I reeeeeally do this?!?!? You know what....It was torturous up until the 19w scan point....and then after that point I actually didn't really think about it too much. I had no way of finding out because I didn't want to have any scans so all that was left to do was wait. It wasn't that bad until the 39 week point! LOL

I'm going to try. I'm hoping the sonographer accidentally tells me, LOL, then I find out but it isn't my fault :rofl:

I can't believe you sneaky-found-out once! I see you as such a zen mama :) Thanks so much for sharing your experiences; I think you're fab and such an asset to this board!

HA! Nope! Zen when it comes to pregnancy and birth, etc.....but not when it comes to the sex of my baby! If I'm totally honest...I found out secretly with DS1 as well:hide::oops: I went to my 18w scan and tried desperately to change my hubby's mind about finding out. It was a no-go :( I was so torn up about not knowing that I paid $200 dollars to get a scan at 26w at one of those u/s places that women go to for fun. LOL! I had GD right away. I spen the rest of my pregnancy hoping they were wrong but I knew that the penis I saw on the u/s was real deal. Fast forward to DS2 and they didn't let my family into the scan until after the measurements were taken. I asked to sonographer to write it down on a piece of paper and keep it hush hush. She did. I opened it up in the little room that you change your clothes in....and sobbed. My hubby had already left to go back to work and I drove home....I was a mess. I regretted opening that paper for the next 22 weeks and vowed I would never find out again. So...that's my story. No one knows I ever found out except 2 very close friends. Anyhow......it will most likely be difficult not knowing for some time yet but there will be a point that you don't think about it nearly as much as you do now. The excitement at the end is so worth the wait!!! xoxoxo

begonia
September 12th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Awww, DM, I want to hug you after reading that story. I really, really hope you get a sweet DD this time. But if not I know you're in a good place with the outcome ... but still, I'm giving you every ounce of pink dust I have! OK I keep wanting to ask you how're you feeling about the twin potential these days? Are you still thinking that *might* be going on?!?

It's funny but a friend of mine who didn't find out told me the exact same thing, that once she got past her big scan around 20 weeks she really didn't think about it much. I'm hoping that is true for me too!

DoulaMama
September 13th, 2011, 12:55 PM
B- I forgot to say THANK-YOU for saying such sweet things about me:) I have to say ditto to the compliment above. You make me laugh and always come across as positive and supportive-which you absolutely are!:) xoxox ((hugs)) Thank you for all your pink dust! I'm really in a place right now that is ok with whatever I get.....it may change before babe comes but right now I feel good with a healthy baby. My boys are so incredible with each other that I know another little boy would just fit in so well! Oh about the twin thing.....my uterus is about 1.5 inches above the pubic bone but I just took a measuring tape and looked at my fundus height and it's right on for 9 weeks! YAY!!!! I guess my pubic bone must be shorter than average. What a relief! Twins would put my hubby over the edge into the madness category....LOL! I know I wouldn't be far behind! hahaha!
Anyway, I can't believe you are 15w already!!! Holy shnikeys! Time flies:) I betcha in about 6 weeks time you won't be thinking nearly as much about what's in your belly:) xoxo I'm guessing your girls know? What have they said??

Glittergirl
September 13th, 2011, 04:35 PM
:hair:Oh My gosh--Begonia I'm in the same boat. I was totally team green and hoping to wait to find out BUT...everyone on this site and coldwater on IG saw my nub and thought it was a girrrrl! Now I am so desperate to know, yet I don't want to know. :shrug: What do I do?? I was so happy with having DS4 and being done...now that there is the possibility that this may be my girl, I don't want to miss out on the joy on pink shopping (cause we all know, realistically how much shopping can I do once I have a newborn and three kids who hate shopping to tote around??) I keep thinking I can't put anymore energy looking for a boy name that I actually like, and I can be in pure heaven for the next 6 months if it is a girl RIGHT?? BUTTTT if it is another wonderful boy, well, the excitement wont be as great and I will kick myself for not waiting. PLUS I don't want anyone to know....I want to make all the family wait. :mad: They are all urging me to find out and it makes me more angry. my MIL asked dh last night when we will find out and he told her well, it depends on if I wanna know. It made me happy he said that and I felt like being a brat and now I wanna make everyone wait!:hair:

Glittergirl
September 13th, 2011, 04:53 PM
IF you get a chance, can you girls please look at my NT video I just posted on the US board? Maybe if I get some good expert advice on what you think I may be having, that will satisfy me and I will wait til birth. I really wanna be strong enough to wait (plus I wanna make everyone else --our families--wait too....tee hee hee--yes I am evil) LOL! I'm just so tired of hearing all the "do you think it's another boy comments" or "I hope it's your girl" from all the family just waiting to find out. I'm gonna torture them LOL! You can see my pregnancy hormones are kicking in!

begonia
September 13th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'm really in a place right now that is ok with whatever I get.....it may change before babe comes but right now I feel good with a healthy baby.

This is how I feel too! PHEW. Unfortunately I think the fact that I feel OK with either is what is making me MORE inclined to find out, LOL ... I thought it would make me LESS so, since I'd be happy with either. But like Glitter ... I'd love to not have to go through picking out another girl name. Sheesh .... I can't even begin. I already told DH we're not talking names til week 39 :) I'm glad to hear the twin thing isn't as big of a concern now! We STILL haven't told the girls, LOL! I can't believe it ... but I'm really not looking pg so it isn't like it will make sense to my 2 year old. My 5 year old was 3 when we told her about DD2 on the way (they are 3.5 years apart) and she was fine with the news, not thrilled but not upset, and I expect the same reaction again. She is a great big sis but really has never been too interested in babies! We're moving in 6 weeks so I'm thinking we'll tell them then by pointing out where the nursery will be :)

Glitter, I totally get your point! If you find out then will you keep it a secret from everyone but DH? Because really, with Coldwater saying girl .... I'd say odds are better than 90% that you'll hear girl. Oh it's so tough!!! If you hear girl do you think you can hide all that pink shopping!?! And ... I think odds are slim, but if you hear boy, will you be OK? Or will you wish you waited?

Glittergirl
September 13th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Begonia--I think the main reason I want to wait is that if I hear BOY at delivery, I will be so overjoyed and happy that it will make no difference to me because I will be holding my sweet baby (I waited w DS2 and it was wonderful)...I am dreading trying to come up with another name though. BUT....If I knew it was a girl now, then I can really enjoy all the fun things about having a baby of the opposite sex...I would feel the same if I had 3 DG and was expecting a boy... All the new things I get to buy, changing the nursery around, etc.-for me it's not so much having a girl as it is just having a different gender child that will feel so new and exciting and different. I get 6 months of that. If I wait and hear girl, well that's awesome too but I'm afraid I will miss out on all that stuff cause just having a newborn and breastfeeding and getting a routine down with the other kids will be overwhelming enough. Anyway I think I have made up my mind for now. I may ask the tech to show me the parts and let me guess in my head but never give me a definite answer. I am so horrible at US guessing (I guessed on so many on IG and I'm only 50/50 right LOL). I think deep in my heart, I'm going to just nubsess the whole 9 months and wait.
DM--I always love reading your posts--you said it perfectly...the joy of holding that newborn is so awesome and since we are planning to have this be our last, I might as well enjoy one of the only true surprises there is :)

begonia
September 14th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Anyway I think I have made up my mind for now. I may ask the tech to show me the parts and let me guess in my head but never give me a definite answer.

Glitter this is what I was thinking I might do, if DH isn't at the next scan ... if he's there, I'll totally go along with the whole not-finding-out business. Bah. But I got my way 2x, he can have his once ;)

WantAnotherBoy
September 15th, 2011, 12:21 AM
So mad at myself right now. I've been spotting on and off all week (mostly brown, with a bit of pink here and there). Tonight, there was just a bit of red. Plus cramping. I am so worried right now. The ultrasound is tomorrow. Just a few days ago I was so excited at the possibility of getting a hint at what I'm having, but at this point I just hope to hear a heart beat.

I'm not the praying type, but happy thoughts would be great. Thanks ladies, I'll update as soon as I can.

ELP
September 15th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Wanta, thats so scary for you:( I'll be praying for that little safe heartbeat for you aswell xxxx

Glittergirl
September 15th, 2011, 02:56 AM
So mad at myself right now. I've been spotting on and off all week (mostly brown, with a bit of pink here and there). Tonight, there was just a bit of red. Plus cramping. I am so worried right now. The ultrasound is tomorrow. Just a few days ago I was so excited at the possibility of getting a hint at what I'm having, but at this point I just hope to hear a heart beat.

I'm not the praying type, but happy thoughts would be great. Thanks ladies, I'll update as soon as I can.

Hoping you hear that heartbeat--so scary, but I have heard of many women spotting and everything being fine! Sending positive vibes!!!!

Kris217
September 15th, 2011, 04:06 AM

Thinking of you, hope everything is fine!

begonia
September 15th, 2011, 03:28 PM
KUP Wanta, hoping it is absolutely nothing to worry about and the u/s shows you a healthy LO!

WantAnotherBoy
September 15th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Hey, everyone!

Thanks so much for the kind words, you ladies are awesome. :)

Ultrasound went fine! One very active little munchkin, heart rate 142. The tech could not find any source of bleeding. I have a bicornuate uterus, and the best guess right now is that the right side has not gotten the message that the left side is pregnant, so it's trying to have a period. I'm still having quite a bit of pink discharge, and I don't think I'll fully relax until it goes away! But I have my regular appointment on Tuesday, so I'll get to hear the heartbeat again in just a few days. Then another ultrasound on the 30th.

Whew.

I did get a few pics--the tech wouldn't even guess at the gender though. I'll post them when I get a chance--probably this weekend. It will be fun to hear your guesses! No good profile nub shot, but there is a pic from above the baby with a clear view between the legs. So you can see the nub but not the angle it's pointing in!

Thanks again for being so sweet to a newbie. Hope all is well with everyone!

Edited to say, link to u/s pic is in the appropriate thread!

Kris217
September 19th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Oops I posted my scan photos in the other thread so I will copy and paste so you ladies can see too :)

Had my NT scan done today, all went well except for my blood test last week. They messed that up and only tested me for diseases and left out the 1st trimester screening. I had another blood test today but all looks good so i'm expecting good results. Anyway here are a few pics got to see the baby in 4D which was amazing. They just rotate the image so you can see every angle of the baby. I did ask about gender but she said it was a bit too soon so i will have to wait a bit longer!

iluvmyman
September 19th, 2011, 01:34 PM
How great Kris! I have mine tomorrow at 3:15 and Dr. appt at 9:45. They screwed up my 1st trimester tests on the last pregnancy and this time they had me take 2 full blood counts cuz of an old lab slip. I think someone could have through that one instead of drawing 8 viles of blood.

I'm bummed about the sex. Did they even try? I've read they can tell by now. I hope they will give it a try but I probably won't push it. That will have to be DH's task. :) My mom says to stop "sicking" him on people. He's embarassing but does get results.

begonia
September 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM
. I hope they will give it a try but I probably won't push it. That will have to be DH's task. :) My mom says to stop "sicking" him on people. He's embarassing but does get results.

LOL!!! That is awesome. At 13 weeks with the right shot, yes they absolutely can tell! It's like, 88% accurate at that gestation, 13 weeks is prime time for nub guessing Iluv so if you can get a good view you might know tomorrow! Either way, I hope you see a super healthy little wiggler!

Kris those pics are amazing! I've not seen a 4D on a baby that young before, how fantastic! That second pic shows a bit of nub but I think it is too cut off for a good guess. Do you know when your next scan will be? I'm so glad you saw a healthy little one in there!

Kris217
September 20th, 2011, 05:22 AM
How great Kris! I have mine tomorrow at 3:15 and Dr. appt at 9:45. They screwed up my 1st trimester tests on the last pregnancy and this time they had me take 2 full blood counts cuz of an old lab slip. I think someone could have through that one instead of drawing 8 viles of blood.

I'm bummed about the sex. Did they even try? I've read they can tell by now. I hope they will give it a try but I probably won't push it. That will have to be DH's task. :) My mom says to stop "sicking" him on people. He's embarassing but does get results.

No she didn't really look, just said it's a little too early to tell. I am getting another 4D scan in about 3 weeks to find out for sure! My partner is like your hubby, yes it can be a little embarrassing but it works and that's always nice!

Kris217
September 20th, 2011, 05:24 AM
LOL!!! That is awesome. At 13 weeks with the right shot, yes they absolutely can tell! It's like, 88% accurate at that gestation, 13 weeks is prime time for nub guessing Iluv so if you can get a good view you might know tomorrow! Either way, I hope you see a super healthy little wiggler!

Kris those pics are amazing! I've not seen a 4D on a baby that young before, how fantastic! That second pic shows a bit of nub but I think it is too cut off for a good guess. Do you know when your next scan will be? I'm so glad you saw a healthy little one in there!

Oh the 4D are amazing, they turn it so you see the baby from every angle! I wish I got that on video too. Though I did get 8 video clips and about 50 photos so I can't complain!
I'm booking in for another 4D in 3 weeks, it's not for any medical purposes just to get a good look at the baby and to get photos so I'm sure they'll be able to tell me if it's a boy or girl then. If not I'd have to wait until around 18 weeks I think and I'm not that patient! lol.

WantAnotherBoy
September 23rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
I have had two ultrasounds in the last week, one at 13 weeks 1 day, one at 14 weeks 1 day, and was told both times by two different techs "It's too early". Not only did they not want to guess, they didn't even want to LOOK down there.

Though baby was so active, I can't imagine they would have gotten a decent shot anyway.

iluvmyman
September 23rd, 2011, 06:46 PM
I have had two ultrasounds in the last week, one at 13 weeks 1 day, one at 14 weeks 1 day, and was told both times by two different techs "It's too early". Not only did they not want to guess, they didn't even want to LOOK down there.

Though baby was so active, I can't imagine they would have gotten a decent shot anyway.

I think they just say that cuz they don't want to deal w/ it that early. The NT U/S is very specific too and they are just there to do their job kinda. I'm surprised that they wouldn't even look for Kris since she paid for it, what would it have hurt to have given it a try. I've seen people's U/S online w/ nub shots at 13 weeks and you could totally tell. they give it an 80% success rate. Not sure it's worth the money to go private for us instead of me just being patient but I'm tempted. It feels a little wrong to rush to some disappointment if it's a girl. IDK, I change my mind at least daily. :)

iluvmyman
September 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Here's my shots that I also posted on the September boy thread. The cord was in between the legs when we looked for a nub shot so I don't think anyone can tell a nub shot but guesses for fun are welcome. Even if someone says girl. :)

begonia
September 23rd, 2011, 09:29 PM
Iluv, that first shot totally looks like it has a nub to me! Did you post it on the ultrasound guessing forum? You should! Now! I think it totally looks BOY! Unless that isn't nub, but it sure looks nub like. But I should add I'm not nearly as experienced as others ... I'm just seeing a perfectly flat spine and a pretty angled nub. Post it and see ... there are some girls on here who are good guessers!

I'm getting a scan on Monday to find out what's in here :oops: So much for waiting ... I just can't take the wondering any more and I'm 90% confident I'm OK either way. Obviously love to have a "successful" sway ... but really, I can see many, many good things about another little lady. I'll update Monday!

Cheekymoo
September 24th, 2011, 12:29 AM
oh Begonia- how exciting!! I will def be checking in monday then :)

Iluv- cute piccies :) I also think thats a nub but -don't take my word for it i am new to this nub thing but it prob is worth posting in scan section!

Glittergirl
September 24th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I luv--that totally looks like a nub and it looks like it may have a bit of an angle to it. I don't know much about them so I obsessively posted my pics and video on here and IG. I can't stop obsessing!!! Begonia--Are you really gonna find out? I thought you were waiting...hmmm...maybe I will find out too then LOL! I told Dh tonight that maybe I do wanna find out now, I have changed my mind a million times I'm driving him crazy! He told me to just schedule the us and he'll come along for the ride! I'm going to ask for a gender shot but if it looks too boyish, I will just wait and be "surprised" that way I can keep my hopes up a bit, but if it looks SUPER girly and I'm sure, then I'll have her confirm so I can go pink shopping LOL! Anyway, ask me next week and I'll probably have changed my mind again.

Ok Begonia gonna check in Monday and get updated!!!!

iluvmyman
September 24th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Iluv, that first shot totally looks like it has a nub to me! Did you post it on the ultrasound guessing forum? You should! Now! I think it totally looks BOY! Unless that isn't nub, but it sure looks nub like. But I should add I'm not nearly as experienced as others ... I'm just seeing a perfectly flat spine and a pretty angled nub. Post it and see ... there are some girls on here who are good guessers!

I'm getting a scan on Monday to find out what's in here :oops: So much for waiting ... I just can't take the wondering any more and I'm 90% confident I'm OK either way. Obviously love to have a "successful" sway ... but really, I can see many, many good things about another little lady. I'll update Monday!

I'm so glad you are finding out and we aren't in IRL! I love it, love it, love it! Not sure if I'll post the nub since I believe the cord is in the way. Either way it doesn't matter I guess.

Kris217
September 24th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Great photos Iluv, looks boyish to me :) Good luck to you Begonia for Monday too!!

Kris217
September 24th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Anyone ever suffer from really bad constipation? I can't go at all for some reason, I have to take laxatives which leave me on the toilet for hours in terrible pain! I've always had bowel problems but now that I'm pregnant it's way worse.

begonia
September 24th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Kris I definitely have constipation issues when pg! It is starting to get better now though. I'm so sorry! It's super uncomfortable I know. Has the morning sickness let up for you yet?

Thanks everyone for all the excitement re: Monday! I am glad I will have an outlet to share the news :) It would be hard to not be able to tell ANYONE at all, so thank goodness I can come on here and talk about it in the months to come. I am trying to prep myself to hear girl but at the same time I don't really have a gut feeling either way now. I'm just happy I'm going to know and then I can just enjoy the rest of the pregnancy with no obsessing. I can understand why people like the surprise I just am clearly not cut out for it.

And I will say that if it is a girl I'll be REALLY glad I found out because finding another girl name is going to take me months! LOL! At least if it is a boy I won't have to worry if DH REALLY likes a girl name that I'm not crazy about bc I'll secretly know we aren't using it ;) Of course then we'll probably find a name I love and I'll be sad I can't use it, LOL!

Kris217
September 24th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I have my days when it comes to morning sickness. I might get 2 days a week where I don't throw up but the past 2 days have been bad.
I wish I was finding out on Monday lol I have weeks to wait! If you are having another girl you've got a few months to get used to the idea instead of it being a shock at birth. Either way, a baby boy or girl is the most precious gift and I think we become more aware of this being on all these groups. Seeing so many women struggle for years to even get pregnant and women losing their babies and so on. Just really makes me grateful I'm pregnant at all, boy or girl I'll be very lucky!
Praying you get your boy though, you won't be able to wipe that smile off your face :)

iluvmyman
September 25th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Kris I definitely have constipation issues when pg! It is starting to get better now though. I'm so sorry! It's super uncomfortable I know. Has the morning sickness let up for you yet?

Thanks everyone for all the excitement re: Monday! I am glad I will have an outlet to share the news :) It would be hard to not be able to tell ANYONE at all, so thank goodness I can come on here and talk about it in the months to come. I am trying to prep myself to hear girl but at the same time I don't really have a gut feeling either way now. I'm just happy I'm going to know and then I can just enjoy the rest of the pregnancy with no obsessing. I can understand why people like the surprise I just am clearly not cut out for it.

And I will say that if it is a girl I'll be REALLY glad I found out because finding another girl name is going to take me months! LOL! At least if it is a boy I won't have to worry if DH REALLY likes a girl name that I'm not crazy about bc I'll secretly know we aren't using it ;) Of course then we'll probably find a name I love and I'll be sad I can't use it, LOL!

You just rock B, I like everything you say and I look forward to your posts. You are 1 cool chick, man! :) Oh my Gosh, we could me like totally good friends...you know if we like lived anywhere near eachother (that was kinda said in my surfer/valley girl voice.) So dumb, right! :rofl:

begonia
September 25th, 2011, 03:10 PM
You just rock B, I like everything you say and I look forward to your posts. You are 1 cool chick, man! :) Oh my Gosh, we could me like totally good friends...you know if we like lived anywhere near eachother (that was kinda said in my surfer/valley girl voice.) So dumb, right! :rofl:

Right back at you Iluv :hug2: ITA we would be friends IRL! I was actually thinking this morning that like, 15 years from now I will not be surprised if there's a need for a separate "old timers" forum on this site. So many of us have gotten to know each other now that I can't imagine just dropping the relationships.

Glittergirl
September 26th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Anyone ever suffer from really bad constipation? I can't go at all for some reason, I have to take laxatives which leave me on the toilet for hours in terrible pain! I've always had bowel problems but now that I'm pregnant it's way worse.
I'm always opposite while pregnant! I have to go urgently! If I don't go first thing in the morning I find myself with cramps while driving the kids to school then I'm like driving like a mad woman home so I can go Sorry for TMI! Well I normally don't get constipated--ever--unless I'm traveling UGH! Sorry you're constipated--the zofran made me like that and I stopped it. I hate being constipated that I'd rather have MS!!! Actually zofran didn't help with the nausea anyway and it gave me headaches.

Out of the Blue
September 27th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Hi, everyone...I'm back. :oops: I am so sorry I didn't update on what was going on but I've been a complete nut job w/this pregnancy and I didn't want to bring any stress to the group.

Long story short, everything appears to be A-OK and I just had a "vanishing twin" instead of a bleed. I've been kind of stressed about other things but honestly for no reason. I'm pretty sure this kiddo is healthy. I didn't have IVs, Zofran and mass weightloss this time. In fact it's been quite the opposite...I've gained 10 lbs. - 5 of those were from me trying to gain while I was bracing for another tough pregnancy. This time around, I've just been eating my @$$ of and it keeps the nausea away. It's kind of scary b/c I still don't feel preg and every u/s just blows me away that there's a little bean in there.

I had my NT u/s and the measurements were super (but there's still bloodwork pending). Unfortunately, I walk out of there w/no nub shot...just the baby turning on her/his side away from view. I've been "nubsessing" so hardcore for the past few days and I think I've decided I will peek during my 20 wk u/s. I can't help it. DH wants to know ASAP as well.

Thank you all for the kind thoughts you've been sending my way. I am sorry I didn't update and tell you everything was okay sooner. :oops: You all are so wonderful and have been in my thoughts. I've got TONS of catching up to do w/old posts! I think it may take me a week or two!

XXX Jen

Glittergirl
September 27th, 2011, 04:58 PM
OOTB!!!! SO happy you're on again! I was getting worried as I knew you were having some scary symptoms. So glad you and baby are healthy!!!! Good to hear that you aren't sick either--I remember you have hard pregnancies. Enjoy all the eating and eat some yummy food for those of us that still have nausea!!!! can't wait to hear more! Oh, and thanks for the nub guess. If you get another nubshot please post for us!!!

Kris217
September 27th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Oh boy, this morning sickness better be on it's way out!! I ended up in hospital yesterday, had a headache since Friday, stiff neck and constant throwing up. They put an IV in and got some fluids into me as I've had so much trouble keeping down food and fluids. They said I had a possible UTI as well as protein was found in my urine sample but they didn't give me anything for it. I am still vomiting and feeling pretty miserable which is bad timing as we're getting the carpets cleaned today and I need to help move all the furniture out of the rooms!

OOTB glad you're back and are doing so well!!

Out of the Blue
September 28th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Oh, Kris - I'm so sorry you're so sick. That's what my last 2 pregnancies were like. Are you on any meds? I tried 3 different kinds but the only thing that helped even a little was Zofran. It still was terrible but I could feel a slight difference and when you're that sick, you'll take what you can get! My OB was going to give me a Zofran drip this time as it constantly gives you meds instead of popping the pills so you might ask for that if they do give you Zofran. Also, water is just the worst when you're pregnant! I couldn't keep it down AT ALL so I seriously got all my cals from Gatorade for about a month w/DS#2. It seems to stay down A LOT better and hydrates you. You could also try coconut water as it rehydrates as well but doesn't have all the dye & high fructose stuff in it. You've probably already talked about all of this stuff in the thread so I'm sorry if you've already posted answers to my questions...I really need to catch up!

GG - I'll definitely check out that vid!!! So glad you bumped it!!! This is the only nub shot I have of my bean but you can't even see a nub...Oh, well. Guess I'll have to wait until Nov.
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac43/Alleghany_2010/Baby3_12wks_2days-1.jpg

Kris217
September 28th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Oh, Kris - I'm so sorry you're so sick. That's what my last 2 pregnancies were like. Are you on any meds? I tried 3 different kinds but the only thing that helped even a little was Zofran. It still was terrible but I could feel a slight difference and when you're that sick, you'll take what you can get! My OB was going to give me a Zofran drip this time as it constantly gives you meds instead of popping the pills so you might ask for that if they do give you Zofran. Also, water is just the worst when you're pregnant! I couldn't keep it down AT ALL so I seriously got all my cals from Gatorade for about a month w/DS#2. It seems to stay down A LOT better and hydrates you. You could also try coconut water as it rehydrates as well but doesn't have all the dye & high fructose stuff in it. You've probably already talked about all of this stuff in the thread so I'm sorry if you've already posted answers to my questions...I really need to catch up!

GG - I'll definitely check out that vid!!! So glad you bumped it!!! This is the only nub shot I have of my bean but you can't even see a nub...Oh, well. Guess I'll have to wait until Nov.
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac43/Alleghany_2010/Baby3_12wks_2days-1.jpg

I've been on Maxolon and Zofran, neither work for me any more. At first I did get a few days relief from them but nothing now...the water thing could be true, I seem to vomit every time I drink it. I have had a few bottles of powerade so I might stick to those and see if the vomiting stops or decreases. Thanks for your response, it's much appreciated :)

Glittergirl
September 28th, 2011, 10:59 PM
OOTB--By the way CUTE baby! I can't see a nub but super cute perfect head !!!!

Kris217
October 2nd, 2011, 07:17 AM
Thankfully my morning sickness has eased up so much! I stopped drinking water and I haven't vomited since!
I had read a few women say water wasn't their friend so I thought I would try giving it up too and it worked well. I have been drinking juice instead, just not orange juice as that made me throw up a few weeks back. I am so glad it's over, I am going to America on the 18th and it would have been hell travelling like that.

maybebabythree
October 29th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hi, can I join you? I am am due with my third son on the 9th March x

iluvmyman
November 1st, 2011, 11:20 PM
Of coarse you can maybebabythree!

OK, I copied the post I left on the Nov. thread for you all here. Kris were you waiting to find out?

Hi ladies. Sorry to be MIA as lots is going on and I just go to bed most nights and hardly turn on the computer at all these days. So I had my U/S today (I'll update this on the graduate threads too).

It's a girl!! :XX:

Found out it's a girl had some crying and shaking of fists then had some retail therapy at the Gymboree and Janie and Jack Outlets for a couple girly outfits. My girlfriend had my other kids which really helped. DH is a wonderful rock about it. I am disappointed and it feels really unfair but there are worse things in life so I'll mourn and move on. I unpacked the drawers from the unused boy clothes of DS2 which was good.

I got a call from my Dr since they found during the u/s I currently have a low lying placenta (placenta previa) which according to my HMO's website this found before 20 weeks in the U/S has a 9 out of 10 chance to correct itself. For DH, this means no intercourse for till my next 28 week U/S (9 weeks from now). That sort of brought crying about a girl into perspective though. Means a lot more work for me to meet DH's needs too. :wink:

Well I'm exhausted as it's been a very emotional day. Good night.

TTC5
November 2nd, 2011, 01:22 AM
Congrats iluv :)

Kris217
November 5th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Yep, got my scan in 2 days! Can't wait, as long as baby cooperates lol Welcome maybebabythree, congrats on your little boy! :)

ELP
November 5th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Kris, how exciting!!! Congrats on your wedding aswell:)

Ladies we're all at the half way mark, woohoo!!!!

Glittergirl
November 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM

Yay!!!! So exciting!!!!

Kris217
November 6th, 2011, 06:24 AM

Yeah woohooo for us! Thanks ELP, we can't wait to see bub again tomorrow!

iluvmyman
November 7th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Yeah woohooo for us! Thanks ELP, we can't wait to see bub again tomorrow!

Looking forward to hearing the news!!

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 01:48 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5039-Spring-Gift-Swap-for-March-April-and-May!

If anybody is interested in a gift swap...check out the link!! It is lots of fun! I've organized a few of these and it's always been a big hit:)xoxo

Kris217
November 7th, 2011, 06:10 PM
And it's a girl!

Glittergirl
November 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Wooo hoo Kris! Congratulations! maybe that explains the nausea! Hope you're feeling great!!!!

iluvmyman
November 8th, 2011, 03:24 PM
How r u feeling about your girl, Kris? I hope you are doing OK. It's you, me and Begonia in the conceived girl squad. Congrats on your baby girl!

Kris217
November 10th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Wooo hoo Kris! Congratulations! maybe that explains the nausea! Hope you're feeling great!!!!

Oh I know, I should have realised!

Kris217
November 10th, 2011, 06:04 AM
How r u feeling about your girl, Kris? I hope you are doing OK. It's you, me and Begonia in the conceived girl squad. Congrats on your baby girl!

Umm still getting used to the idea of a girl, I never thought I'd have one! I have to make myself say her or she instead of it or the baby. I think it will grow on me, especially when I go shopping for her and see her again on my next scan.

iluvmyman
November 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Umm still getting used to the idea of a girl, I never thought I'd have one! I have to make myself say her or she instead of it or the baby. I think it will grow on me, especially when I go shopping for her and see her again on my next scan.

I agree. I'm still feeling the same way but I didn't expect this to be a girl at all either. It's an adjustment for sure. The retail therapy did help but I'm adjusting I guess. It is what it is and obviously I just want her to be OK. Maybe DH will go for 1 more but I sincerly doubt it. Could be a girl again anyway which would be fine but....Not sure if I can just sell all of my son's clothes either. I love my son's clothes and would hate to just get rid of everything. It's just too emotional.

WantAnotherBoy
November 15th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Hi, all! I haven't been on here in weeks, but I wanted to drop in and say congratulations to everyone!

I'm having a girl! I am so attached to her already, but this means there will likely be one more baby later on for me. I really want my son to have a brother. Anyway, I've been surprised at how much fun I've had picking out clothes and a nursery theme for her. She is waaay more active than her brother was, and is quite stubborn when anyone tries to get her heartbeat with a doppler, or take a look at her via ultrasound. She's quite funny--already a character at 22 weeks!

begonia
November 15th, 2011, 02:05 PM
WAB, this DD is like your LO ... she was so uncooperative at our anatomy scan (although enough to show we are having a girl...) that I have to have another at 28 weeks. Doc couldn't ever get a good look at her heart. Based on how active she is though I assume it must be functioning just fine; I swear she never sleeps. Congrats to you and I'm so glad you're doing well with having her instead of a boy :) I wish I could get there too.

WantAnotherBoy
November 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Begonia--your girl sounds just like mine! I go back December 9 for another scan, for the same purpose. They need a better look at her heart! They made sure I knew they didn't see anything wrong, but they couldn't get everything they wanted because she just didn't. stop. moving!!

Honestly, I was at Babies R Us this morning and got sad there was no purpose to going over to the boys' section. So I do have my moments. I don't do ruffles or dresses, but I do find quite a bit of things I do like. Anything with polka dots, for example! So I try to focus on the good. And I enjoy the fact that she's such a little firecracker...I just hope she sleeps more on the outside than she does on the inside. :)

Congrats to you as well. Do you have a name picked out? It seemed to help me adjust once I had a name. I started being able to picture her in my head, which made me kinda fall in love.

Kris217
November 17th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Congrats on your little girl WAB! She sure sounds active but I agree I hope she sleeps once she is born cos it won't be so cute then lol. What have you decided to name her? We've been going over names but there isn't really one I could imagine picking. We're gonna write a list of the ones we do like and try to narrow it down but my partner has quite different taste than I do so that should be interesting! At this stage I think I like Skylar though.

WantAnotherBoy
November 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Wow, lots of little girls around here!

@Kris--That's so funny because the name I picked is Sky. I don't know if it will be short for Skyler, Skyland or Skylin...I'm leaning towards either Skyland or just plain Sky. Having trouble with a middle name though!

Kris217
November 19th, 2011, 12:08 AM
lol coincidence much :P Skyland is different, I haven't heard that one before. I think different is nice, especially going to school there isn't 5 other kids in the class with the same name lol. I like Malani as a middle name, it's Hawaiian and means gentle caress but I'm not 100% sure yet.

WantAnotherBoy
November 19th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Malani...I like that! I won't steal it though. :) She has a brother named ****, so I'd like her name to be similar--as in different but not weird. Sailor is another name I thought about. I like Mariska as a middle name with that one!

I really like Skyland Quinn or Skyland Jude, but I don't really want every teacher she ever has to assume she is a boy when they see her name on their roll at the beginning of the year.

*Edited after a few days because I don't want to leave my son's name on here. :)

Kris217
November 19th, 2011, 08:34 PM
lol no worries about stealing names, I obviously got it from somewhere so I stole it too haha.
Sailor is nice, I also like Quinn. I like Ashton for a girl and Cadence too :)
When in March are you due?

WantAnotherBoy
November 20th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I have a niece named Ashton. :) She's 19 and ever since she was born I roll my eyes at any boy named Ashton! To me it is SUCH a girl's name LOL.

Cadence is ok...I would end up calling her Cady, which I think is adorable. I can't use it though because I have a nephew named Cade.

I'm due the 21st, but am planning a c-section on the 15th. Apparently my "pelvis is not suitable for childbirth". What about you??

Kris217
November 20th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Oh wow a girl Ashton, I keep saying it's more a girls name than a boys name! :)
I'm due the 25th but also having a c-section, just not sure about what date that will be though. I think my Ob books those in on Wednesday's so it could either be the 21st if that's early enough because she usually does them a week early or it might be the 14th.

WantAnotherBoy
November 21st, 2011, 08:07 AM
Technically, I haven't scheduled mine either--it's too early. :) But the midwife said I would most likely get to choose to have it between 5-7 days before my due date. I like odd numbers, so I went for the 15th! She said it shouldn't be a problem & we'll schedule it whenever able.

I had a dream last night that I went into labor before the c-section could occur. Hope that doesn't actually happen!

Kris217
November 21st, 2011, 06:21 PM
I was saying the same thing to my partner yesterday, imagine if I went into labour and had the baby before I got to hospital!
I've been paying a private health fund for over a year now so I can have a c-section and my own room, I'd be annoyed if that was all for nothing lol.

WantAnotherBoy
November 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
Ugh, I was in labor for 3 days before they finally gave me a c-section with my son. I really, really want to skip that this time. I know what contractions feel like, no need to do it again when my body will most likely not cooperate anyway! I kinda wish they'd let me go a little earlier than a week to keep that from happening--I asked, they won't even go 8 days early instead of 7! Hopefully we will both get what we are planning on!

Kris217
November 21st, 2011, 10:51 PM
Wow that's odd, like 1 day is going to make that much difference to them! Yeah I don't see a point in going through days or hours and hours of labour when you don't have to. It would be like choosing to get a tooth ripped out with no needle, I say take the easiest option. My body could do the same thing and end up needing a c-section anyway. I think it's less stressful which is obviously better for the baby and mother. And all those hours in labour could be spent cuddling the baby that has already been born :)

Kris217
November 27th, 2011, 12:08 AM
It's almost December already! March will be here before we know it!!

ELP
November 28th, 2011, 03:26 AM
It's almost December already! March will be here before we know it!!I know kris!!! How exciting!! How is everyones bumps coming along?? In the morning I can feel the lovely outline of baby clearly now, its a wonderful feeling isn't it:)

Kris217
November 28th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I know kris!!! How exciting!! How is everyones bumps coming along?? In the morning I can feel the lovely outline of baby clearly now, its a wonderful feeling isn't it:)

My bump is finally starting to grow! My sisters friend is 17 weeks and bigger than me but the last week it's really started to pop! My bub is very active at night when I'm relaxing watching tv. She doesn't bother me when I'm trying to sleep or much in the mornings so she could be asleep herself at those times. It does feel pretty neat when they're moving around, my partner has been able to feel her kick too and the other night she had the hiccups which was cute!

WantAnotherBoy
December 2nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
I was woken up yesterday morning by two swift kicks to the bladder. :) So I'll say my tough little chickadee is doing just fine!

ELP
December 3rd, 2011, 03:58 AM
Kris, you're viable!!!!! Woohoo:bigsmile:

Glittergirl
December 4th, 2011, 11:00 PM
I love it when they kick!!!! I love wearing something tight and actually seeing my shirt move! I'm trying to enjoy every bump and kick as I know this is our last. I always took it for granted, but I'm really trying to take in this pregnancy and enjoy all the ups and downs these last few months!!!!

Kris217
December 9th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Saw my Ob today, got to see bub for a few minutes too :) I've been having issues with my heart the past week so I had some blood taken which came back ok but on Monday I need to call up about having a monitor on for 24 hours to see if that picks anything up. I can't sleep on my left side any more because mu heart feels like it's under so much pressure and feels like it's going to stop! Kind of worried me, especially because my family has a bad history of heart issues.

WantAnotherBoy
December 22nd, 2011, 03:21 PM
How are things going, Kris? Hope everything turned out ok!

Kris217
December 23rd, 2011, 03:29 AM
Haven't heard back about my monitor yet, I did end up taking it off early as I was allergic to the patches. Boy were they itchy, I still have red marks on my skin from them. I have no idea if they've read the monitor or not, guess I won't know till after Christmas.

WantAnotherBoy
March 12th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Any word from anyone? Any babies yet? My c-section is this Thursday, the 15th! Can't wait to meet my little one (and not be pregnant anymore!!)

Glittergirl
March 20th, 2012, 11:37 PM
So any baby news March babies? i had mine the 5th and all went well! can't wait to hear from you all....I generally just post in the chit chat section, but look forward to seeing baby pics!

Kris217
March 21st, 2012, 07:41 AM
Yep my baby girl is here, born on the 9th. I'm sure you've seen a pic or 2 in the general chit chat thread :)